Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    90/100 sure. Pure int, but I still maintain that LA is the best build for 1-90, espeeeciaally if you're underleveled.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimalWar - Lost City
    AnimalWar - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora, what do you think of Caetons full ATK Cleric guide? Can you tank and deal better damage than a Cleric?

Here is the link.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11781
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora, what do you think of Caetons full ATK Cleric guide? Can you tank and deal better damage than a Cleric?

Here is the link.

Full attack clerics are not a build, they're a **** excuse for someone trying to +1 their e-peen with originality. With max heals and support skills they're ALRIGHT, but still, lack of vit makes them squish for PvP.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimalWar - Lost City
    AnimalWar - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Full attack clerics are not a build, they're a **** excuse for someone trying to +1 their e-peen with originality. With max heals and support skills they're ALRIGHT, but still, lack of vit makes them squish for PvP.

But then again, Mages dont have the best Vit either.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    But then again, Mages dont have the best Vit either.

A cleric's job is to heal and buff, if he wants to pretend he's a DD he can go do it by himself in the playground. I'm not sure there's a place for them in serious situations like TW and such.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ive seen >>>ONE<<< cleric do an attack that was useful in tw, but they had all of their healing and buffs leveled, and it was a tempest on a bunch of annoying BMs that wouldn't kill us, just keep stunning us... and imo... that was a support stratigie...
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey pandora i got a question for u
    im a lv 45 wiz and i have the following attribute points
    dex16
    str29
    mag158
    vit58
    is that good or even close for pvp
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Here is the link.

i would think not because shes LA
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dex16
    str29
    mag158
    vit58

depends on style... but it looks like u got a pretty bad biuld.... go LA ur half way there :P
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dex16
    str29
    mag158
    vit58

In my eyes, You are totally messed up. The Vit really kills your char.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Restat the vit out, or remake the char (I'd go for the former). I'd recommend putting 4 into dex for the crit then going rest mag... or else spend more than 5 gold on restats and go LA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nother question about pvp...

Kso im wantin to test the waters abit here, but can't figure out how to duel...lol...Where is the button/ command to send duel request?
  • Master_Shake - Sanctuary
    Master_Shake - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    click the person then when the face shows up in the top center of the screen right click and select duel
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow, of corse it's the one thing i've never tried :p thx

One more thing...what would be a good price to buy a piont reset note from someone, I wasted like 30 points on vit and want it on mag so i can kill things be fore they get to me. Just want to make sure I don't get ripped.

Edit: Oh, and when should i stop puttin spirit into devine pyro, hailstorm, dragon breath, ect?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Usually they go for 100k per gold, so if you're after a full 30 stat reset (intermediate reset note) it's 5 gold, so 500k. If it's a basic one, that's 3gold, so 300k. Anything near those figures are deemed reasonable... although I'm not sure if you can get it near that value since the recent coin/gold exploit.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Usually they go for 100k per gold, so if you're after a full 30 stat reset (intermediate reset note) it's 5 gold, so 500k. If it's a basic one, that's 3gold, so 300k. Anything near those figures are deemed reasonable... although I'm not sure if you can get it near that value since the recent coin/gold exploit.

lol, i am poor Y_Y thx tho
    Edit: Oh, and when should i stop puttin spirit into devine pyro, hailstorm, dragon breath, ect?

Can I get an answer to this?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hailstorm from what I read sucks, but some like it in TW so imo you shouldn't pour your spirit into this spell in the first place, atleast not until very late. Dragon breath, stop at 3 or 4 for zhen, otherwise just leave it at lvl 1 as a pre-req. Divine Pyro is a give or take, some like it, some don't... but I'd say level it as you have the sp.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Divine pyro is worthless at lower levels. It casts so slow it only has potential as an opener. But it'll be underleveled compared to gush/pyro, so it ruins the point. You don't have the spare SP for a skill like that. Leave it at 1 and ignore it until you hit 59.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    K thx.

Oh, one more quick question:

What exactly is an arena, when do you get in, and would it be wise for me to enter at this lvl?
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That's all I can say about your guide and your writing style. I loved the whole FTW attitude you put into it. Really great and in-depth guide. I'm definitely re-statting my wizard for LA build. I'm doing it right now if that make ya feel special! ;)
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good job GMs

You achieved the following by stickying this thread:

1) Mislead any n00b Wizards into actually agreeing with pandora's failed character:

2) Proved to us you know nothing about the gameplay in the game you moderate, otherwise you would not sticky this.

3) Further inflate Pandora's already vast ego.. he's banned btw.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would be, except you picked heaven, lololol.

I don't have to stop movement. You've got a fairy, but I've got undine strike, and that means unless it's a WR or WB one sandstorm is all it takes. With blink to catch up, why do you need a paralyze? :3

b:chuckle Rummaging through this junk thread and found this goody.

Aren't you heaven? Proves you knew nothing about your class when you wrote this... "guide". Fail.

Except Haiz' damage is higher w/o undine strike. You dolt. You have undine strike but you still hit less than any normal FULL INT MAGE. Squishy, can I 1 shot you some more?
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good job GMs

You achieved the following by stickying this thread:

1) Mislead any n00b Wizards into actually agreeing with pandora's failed character:

2) Proved to us you know nothing about the gameplay in the game you moderate, otherwise you would not sticky this.

3) Further inflate Pandora's already vast ego.. he's banned btw.

Aren't you heaven? Proves you knew nothing about your class when you wrote this... "guide". Fail.

Llama, you're an idiot. This guide delivers on everything it promises, and it's all spoken through experience. It's biased, sure, but it's also accurate. So what if he dissed heaven before, people -do- change their minds you know. I'd take Pandora as a credible source over you any day; he KNOWS what he's talking about. I don't agree with LA past 90, but I'm not gonna bash his well put together guide and trash his credibility because I don't agree with his build. This game can be tailored to fit exactly what you want to do, and just cause someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should be butthurt about it.

PS. Pandora's not banned you big stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Llama, you're an idiot. This guide delivers on everything it promises, and it's all spoken through experience. It's biased, sure, but it's also accurate. So what if he dissed heaven before, people -do- change their minds you know. I'd take Pandora as a credible source over you any day; he KNOWS what he's talking about. I don't agree with LA past 90, but I'm not gonna bash his well put together guide and trash his credibility because I don't agree with his build. This game can be tailored to fit exactly what you want to do, and just cause someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should be butthurt about it.

PS. Pandora's not banned you big stupid.

How can something biased be taken as accurate? That's a direct contradiction, and saying otherwise makes YOU biased as well, for which reason your arguments lose any objectivity they may have had. I thought you would have began to make a good point until you called Pandora a credible source of information when he is famous for his magnificent abilities to produce credible lies.

If you think he isn't, should I point you in the direction to him saying, with disturbing certainty, that Elayne dropped his cape? Also, I think there's an issue when you take advice from a person that repeatedly flames and mocks a choice and then makes that choice himself and boasts, hypocrisy at its finest, and there's no way around that fact.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Morrisia - Lost City
    Morrisia - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How can something biased be taken as accurate? That's a direct contradiction, and saying otherwise makes YOU biased as well, for which reason your arguments lose any objectivity they may have had. I thought you would have began to make a good point until you called Pandora a credible source of information when he is famous for his magnificent abilities to produce credible lies.

If you think he isn't, should I point you in the direction to him saying, with disturbing certainty, that Elayne dropped his cape? Also, I think there's an issue when you take advice from a person that repeatedly flames and mocks a choice and then makes that choice himself and boasts, hypocrisy at its finest, and there's no way around that fact.

Skyannie, you should be a lawyer... and yes I've never seen anything rational come out of pandora's mouth (hands ofc.) his ego is so big he does no longer see reality
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Except Haiz' damage is higher w/o undine strike. You dolt. You have undine strike but you still hit less than any normal FULL INT MAGE. Squishy, can I 1 shot you some more?

not that i agree with all of pandora's opinions, but if u stick haiz and pandora together in the same guild, have them go TW against some decent guild, pandora is gonna survive alot easier then haiz will. Same applies for mass PvP. Since he has refered multiple times to group PvP situations, that is what he means by light being the better choice and for me it was quite clear in his posts and not misleading.

I dont think there is any problem with this being a sticky topic. It covers everything a wizard needs to know about for them to make an informed choice.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

Regardless of his actions, this guide is spoken through experience. And yes, it IS biased based on his opinion, but he doesn't ignore full magic builds either. He may not support them, but there's a section explaining the how to utilize that build. All LLama did was come in here and say, 'PRUNDORA R FIAL MAEG!!!!! HE R LIAT ARMUR N DAT SUKZ JAJAJAJA. FUL INT FER DA WINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!'
    He gave no reasoning or evidence to backup anything he said. So I called him an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    Sejhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats the thing about a guide. It is usually a compilation of the writers experience. A guide does not necessarily have to be followed to letter. When a guide is stickied, it is generally accepted that it contains sufficient, accurate information that it can be followed by anyone who reads it such that they can obtain similar results.

Typically most guide writers have a particular bias where there are choices involved. Pandora chose to make his known ala LA vs Pure and Sage vs Demon. More professional guides tend to avoid the bias by refraining from expressing an opinion on which choice they consider best i.e. simply give the pros and cons without stating which is better.

In a case such as these forums however questions are constantly being asked as to which is better. As such I see nothing wrong with Pandora stating his bias.

On a related point but digressing somewhat a really good game gives choices which are not clear cut. For instance on the PvP server it should not be so obvious that LA is clearly better than Pure but both are clearly subpar to Archer. In my opinon this game needs some rebalancing or balancing (if the balancing was never in place in the first place).
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not that i agree with all of pandora's opinions, but if u stick haiz and pandora together in the same guild, have them go TW against some decent guild, pandora is gonna survive alot easier then haiz will. Same applies for mass PvP. Since he has refered multiple times to group PvP situations, that is what he means by light being the better choice and for me it was quite clear in his posts and not misleading.

I dont think there is any problem with this being a sticky topic. It covers everything a wizard needs to know about for them to make an informed choice.

No it doesn't.

Look the fact of the matter is Pandora still dies fast. He survives only because of a personal cleric at all times.

The other reason is that you can ignore Pandora in PVP, his damage is irrelevent. And Haiz? I've seen him survive a hell of a lot better than Pandora.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Regardless of his actions, this guide is spoken through experience. And yes, it IS biased based on his opinion, but he doesn't ignore full magic builds either. He may not support them, but there's a section explaining the how to utilize that build. All LLama did was come in here and say, 'PRUNDORA R FIAL MAEG!!!!! HE R LIAT ARMUR N DAT SUKZ JAJAJAJA. FUL INT FER DA WINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!'
    He gave no reasoning or evidence to backup anything he said. So I called him an idiot.

You want Evidence.

Kids.

Seriously did I type like that? You resort to insults now. You want to know why? I hit 90 and restatted the 48 extra vit I had into my int and got 800 damage added on to my stats. 800!! from 48 stats.

You are using if I'm not wrong, potentially 130+ stat points to just WEAR the light armor. A VAST amount of damage is lost. Your pdef is somewhat better, but you still get 1 shot by nixs, mages, and archers. b:thanks Being a Mage isn't about surviving its about dishing out as much damage as possible before you die. Like I've said before if you want to tank, pick a Barb not a wizard. and I have 6K pdef fully buffed in my 90 Robes, which is a LOT. I tank plenty of damage at this level while at the same time not hurting my own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.