Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    Hey pandora, remember when we argued mages suck vs me saying end game they own? i accept your appoligy, lol, now make up your damn mind rofl, first u go heaven, now your not going to restat, but yea, ive got to compare gear for myself before i reroll, might do it when ive got tt la available, but right now, it dosnt make a difference at my level, i still get 1 shot either way :D

Like I said, I apologize. Only robe mages suck endgame, light armor mages are ****ing amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Llama, a 9X devil mage ROBES hits me for 1300 damage with sandstorm. I hit him for 1200 with Stone Rain. This is with a +3 HH80 sword.

llama is 88 and hes going heaven i think, but continue with the blatant lies they keep wq fun
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like how Pandora changes his mind so much, and so dramatically. One minute Holy mages are totally useless, the next he's a Holy mage, and it's all good now.

Before, mages were a crappy nerfed class, only useful in a party or when you have someone to watch your back, now he's tanking phoenixes and 9x.. probably gonna start pulling catapults. b:laugh

World Quest + Auto-Path + Some good posts to read is fun fun fun.
  • Diego - Lost City
    Diego - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *Diego (9X dex archer with +3 HH90 bow) hits me for the same damage.

i have my hh 90 belial bow b:shocked when did this happen O_O daikoku go +6 it plz b:kiss...no..im still usin the lv 88 pve xbow that i used to grind faster ;3 im next in line for hh90 tho b:bye
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like how Pandora changes his mind so much, and so dramatically. One minute Holy mages are totally useless, the next he's a Holy mage, and it's all good now.

Before, mages were a crappy nerfed class, only useful in a party or when you have someone to watch your back, now he's tanking phoenixes and 9x.. probably gonna start pulling catapults. b:laugh

World Quest + Auto-Path + Some good posts to read is fun fun fun.

I told you the holy mage **** was trolling, if you haven't noticed RQ trolls constantly. If you don't understand that, it's your fault.

And yes, I was wrong. Mages aren't underpowered if we use light armor. Only robe mages are underpowered.

P.S: Two of our cart pullers this week were robe EPs and we kicked GZ's **** with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have my hh 90 belial bow b:shocked when did this happen O_O daikoku go +6 it plz b:kiss...no..im still usin the lv 88 pve xbow that i used to grind faster ;3 im next in line for hh90 tho b:bye

Wasn't it you I tested damage with outside of Intrepid? You said you had hh90 +3. Make up your mind :p

That combined with AssasinFox telling me that LLama is HH90 with devil has convinced me that CQ is just trying to **** with my head :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I told you the holy mage **** was trolling, if you haven't noticed RQ trolls constantly. If you don't understand that, it's your fault.

And yes, I was wrong. Mages aren't underpowered if we use light armor. Only robe mages are underpowered.

P.S: Two of our cart pullers this week were robe EPs and we kicked GZ's **** with them.

Riiiiiiiiiight. It was all trolling.

Still, you make LA mages sound fun. If not for virtually every mage in my guild saying Pure Int is better for reliable DPS then I would consider restatting my own one. b:cute
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Riiiiiiiiiight. It was all trolling.

Still, you make LA mages sound fun. If not for virtually every mage in my guild saying Pure Int is better for reliable DPS then I would consider restatting my own one. b:cute

Like I said, Quincy, I'm planning on making a video when I can get a new harddrive. Unfortunately FRAPS takes like a gig a minute for raws and I've basically filled this harddrive.

I can't wait to show everyone :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Like I said, Quincy, I'm planning on making a video when I can get a new harddrive. Unfortunately FRAPS takes like a gig a minute for raws and I've basically filled this harddrive.

I can't wait to show everyone :3

Quincy? Is you calling me VileQuincy? b:shocked Wow.. that's a disappointment.

I was expecting me to be someone less... perverted. Like Warmachine or Arkaea. Vile is nasty in guild chat. We called Chris Hansen but he never got in touch b:cry

Videos are cool though.
  • Diego - Lost City
    Diego - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wasn't it you I tested damage with outside of Intrepid? You said you had hh90 +3. Make up your mind :p

That combined with AssasinFox telling me that LLama is HH90 with devil has convinced me that CQ is just trying to **** with my head :p

15oatnd.jpg

with hh90 a cq archer(wont name who) pumped 6k-10k phys atk unbuffed b:surrender my dmg so low b:cry anywayy..im so tempted to post this ss of haiz when he did 15k dmg without crit in bl TW b:surrender but he might keel me b:shocked
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Quincy? Is you calling me VileQuincy? b:shocked Wow.. that's a disappointment.

I was expecting me to be someone less... perverted. Like Warmachine or Arkaea. Vile is nasty in guild chat. We called Chris Hansen but he never got in touch b:cry

Videos are cool though.

Quincy - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quincy

It's a joke. Nevermind.
    15oatnd.jpg

Well ice my nipples. Level 88 bow, not 90. My bad. I'll update :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Quincy - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quincy

It's a joke. Nevermind.

Well ice my nipples. Level 88 bow, not 90. My bad. I'll update :p

Hm. Not very commonly used insult. I wondered if you suspected I was V.Quincy because of that thing on WC just today.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its a rq thing. Like calling people heroes and sociopaths.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its a rq thing. Like calling people heroes and sociopaths.

CQ doesn't have any awesome private jokes. b:cry

Well except for Midnight. HE CAN'T JUMP LOL.
  • xeron66
    xeron66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    After joining blt and gaining quite a bit of pvp knowledge, I've come to accept that a mage who can crit > mage who can tick hieros.
    Without a crit, all we're capable of doing is ticking hieros mainly because our skills take a crapload of time to channel compared to other classes.

Except those weaker archers of course. Undine strike + sandstorm one hits them b:pleased

rofl pure int mages can just tick hieroes. if u say so...
    btw pure int can also crit and as far as i know u have -chanel skills and gear...should try em they help a bit
    Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot...
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xeron66 wrote: »
    btw pure int can also crit and as far as i know u have -chanel skills and gear...should try em they help a bit

-Channeling gear is the biggest bunch of **** in the game. You lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Like calling people heroes and sociopaths.

I know what both of these are from and i lol every time i read it
  • Karadara - Lost City
    Karadara - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    -Channeling gear is the biggest bunch of **** in the game. You lose.

I heard many people say that - channel would be good. so what makes it bad in your opinion?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I heard many people say that - channel would be good. so what makes it bad in your opinion?

Because you are trading 2% crit - that's a 1/50 chance to oneshot someone - for -6% channeling. -6% channeling sounds great until you realize that these are the spells you use at 90:

Pyrogram
    Gush
    Stone Rain
    Undine Strike
    Distance Shrink

... Where's your channeling kicking in?

And worse yet, let us not forget that channeling is only half of our cast. The other half is "cast" time which isn't even reduced by channeling.

So, let's say you got -12% channeling from both your rings, instead of 4% crit.

You're trading casting unnoticably faster for a 1/25 chance to oneshot someone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    and im still beating myself up trying to figure out which armor i want >.<

may not matter at lv 55, but it will at 70... I need to see Pandoras screenies with the senario and with the +8 tt90 to decide xP
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xeron66 wrote: »

I didn't say only pure mages can tick hieros.
    Way to put words into my mouth... "rofl".

I'm saying a mage who doesn't focus on stacking crit isn't going to win against a mage who does.

-channeling gear is useless.

I'm a pure int mage. I stack crit rather than channeling gear though.
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora,

Just curious, with your current gear/stats, what's your crit % at?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora,

Just curious, with your current gear/stats, what's your crit % at?

Helm of Aqua Viciousness +4 (4x +32 HP)
    Skywalker Shell +5 (3x +40 HP)
    Skywalker Shins +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Spirit Eater's Boots +5 (HH80 GOLD BOOTS - 4x +40 HP)
    Skywalker Wrists +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Sky Demon's Pearl +4
    Demon Slaughter Belt +4
    Cape of Tauren Chieften +6 (4x +32 HP)
    **Ring Of Flaming Sky +2 (Crit 2%, Magic +2, Dexterity +4)
    ***Ring of Open Sky +3 (Crit 2%, Magic +3, Magic +4)
    Blessing of Christmas
    1% Crit Arrow
    **** HH80 sword +3 (Soon to be HH90 quoit +8 :p)

My gear-modified stats:

43 VIT (Isn't HH90 great?)
    278 MAG
    105 STR
    104 DEX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Helm of Aqua Viciousness +4 (4x +32 HP)
    Skywalker Shell +5 (3x +40 HP)
    Skywalker Shins +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Spirit Eater's Boots +5 (HH80 GOLD BOOTS - 4x +40 HP)
    Skywalker Wrists +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Sky Demon's Pearl +4
    Demon Slaughter Belt +4
    Cape of Tauren Chieften +6 (4x +32 HP)
    **Ring Of Flaming Sky +2 (Crit 2%, Magic +2, Dexterity +4)
    ***Ring of Open Sky +3 (Crit 2%, Magic +3, Magic +4)
    Blessing of Christmas
    1% Crit Arrow
    **** HH80 sword +3 (Soon to be HH90 quoit +8 :p)

My gear-modified stats:

43 VIT (Isn't HH90 great?)
    278 MAG
    105 STR
    104 DEX

That doesn't answer his question, you're just feeding your own ego. o.O
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In addition to the crit % it would also be nice to know how that % works e.g. is it true to the value or does it work differently e.g. if you crit % is 20% do you crit 20 times out of 100 tries or is it higher e.g. mabey 40 times out of 100 tries.
    I ask because I know in some mmos that even though the stated multiplier value suggest a given %, the actual tested % is usually a bit higher.

This is crucial information because it would help to know just how beneficial the critical portion of running a light armor build is. For instance, how often do you do criticals during fights. E.g. is you use 20 skills do you critical at least 5 times on average? Enlighten us please because quite frankly seeing your stats does not really tell us anything beyond what other LA build stats should look like around that level (provided they have similar gear).
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I suppose it does, i was just being lazy and didn't want to add it all up.

Weapon 1
    Rings 4
    Blessing 1
    Arrows 1
    Stats 5
    Base 1

13%? Or am I missing something.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora, got a time frame to look at for more screenies? Ive got unused lvls waiting to see em, and the senario. If haiz can outdamage you by 3k when you post the screenies with your +8 tt90 im keeping pure, if its less, then I'll start going la again, and if you deal more, ill **** myself.

Haiz, wanna take some screenies with scenarios? :D like... a equal lvl WB, non buffed, or amped, etc, with and w/o undine? :D come on, prove your point if its real :D you both gotta use the same scenario for dmg output though, because i know a pure gets bitchslappedstuned1shotted, but its the dmg im concerned about. and Im sure im not the only person wanting to see these screenies
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I suppose it does, i was just being lazy and didn't want to add it all up.

Weapon 1
    Rings 4
    Blessing 1
    Arrows 1
    Stats 5
    Base 1

13%? Or am I missing something.

Ok even if it is 13% (feel free to confirm Pandora) what do the numbers really mean as per my above post. How significant is a 13% critical rate. Another question I am now also inclined to ask of any pure mage is what is their critical % like and is it significantly lower in actual gameplay.

Also based on most mmo atks spd/ crit theory the chances of getting a critical increase (not the actual chances but the number of times you can get a critical) as the attack speed does so for example barring misses a BM or Archer should be able to achieve far more criticals than a Wizard even having the the same critical % simply because their atk speed or rate of speed of skill use is much higher. Consider channeling and cast times just how reliable is crit % to a wizard. Note I don't ask how effective it is because its quite obvious that doing a crit will increase your damage output. My question is specifically geared at how reliable is the crit stat where a wizard is concerned. In a sense I'm asking the same question again of just how often do you crit even with a 13% rate.

A general question I would also ask is do all %s work the same way skill wise in Perfect World. For example Hailstorm has a 33% chance to freeze and enemy. I find from personal use/testing the 33% chance to be a bit too low to be reliable (and obviously the damage far too low to be useful). Now considering Hailstorm has a 33% chance to land vs the 13% crit rate calculated by Tryangle, do these %s operate on the same formula? It is another way of asking another question I posited before in terms of does 13% really equate to 13 criticals in 100 tries or does it equate to more than that ingame?
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Very helpful, I will be sure and find this again in a few years when I get high enough to start figuring my stats.

Oh, and the "All an archer has to do is put his face on the keyboard and roll" made a lol.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok even if it is 13% (feel free to confirm Pandora) what do the numbers really mean as per my above post. How significant is a 13% critical rate. Another question I am now also inclined to ask of any pure mage is what is their critical % like and is it significantly lower in actual gameplay.

Also based on most mmo atks spd/ crit theory the chances of getting a critical increase (not the actual chances but the number of times you can get a critical) as the attack speed does so for example barring misses a BM or Archer should be able to achieve far more criticals than a Wizard even having the the same critical % simply because their atk speed or rate of speed of skill use is much higher. Consider channeling and cast times just how reliable is crit % to a wizard. Note I don't ask how effective it is because its quite obvious that doing a crit will increase your damage output. My question is specifically geared at how reliable is the crit stat where a wizard is concerned. In a sense I'm asking the same question again of just how often do you crit even with a 13% rate.

A general question I would also ask is do all %s work the same way skill wise in Perfect World. For example Hailstorm has a 33% chance to freeze and enemy. I find from personal use/testing the 33% chance to be a bit too low to be reliable (and obviously the damage far too low to be useful). Now considering Hailstorm has a 33% chance to land vs the 13% crit rate calculated by Tryangle, do these %s operate on the same formula? It is another way of asking another question I posited before in terms of does 13% really equate to 13 criticals in 100 tries or does it equate to more than that ingame?

Probability says that yes, 13 of the 100 will make out to be a critical. However, some people will experience more times of critting in 100 rounds and some will experience less. It depends on luck imo and probability (in this sense anyway) does not factor in time. So using a small sample of 100, you may not even get a average of around 13%. some may get 5, some may get 25. Smack something 100times and repeat as much as you want. The more tests, the more closer you get to the figure your character screen displays.

In terms of reliability, you shouldn't bet on a critical because if the game code rolls a crit, you crit - if it doesn't you don't crit. Simple.
This discussion has been closed.