Emergency Maintenance Complete - Please Read

Comments

• kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

For those who are unaware, we were forced to shut down the servers today due to an in-game bug that a select number of players were abusing.

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Once again, I must personally state, that we here at Perfect World Entertainment sincerely apologize for the extended downtime today. However this downtime was necessary in order to fix these critical errors.

Yesterday's patch was an epic fail and we are willing to admit it, however we have learned a lot from this experience. We assure you that changes will be made to our processes and procedures in order to ensure that something like this never happens again to Perfect World International.

On a side note, I was never a superstitious man before today. Needless to say this Friday the 13th will forever remain etched in my mind, additionally I will be vigilantly watching the calendar in the future and filing for vacation days on future Friday the 13ths. ;)

LOL You cant go on holiday on friday the 13th, think what will happen !!! You should however take time off work and just hide in the house all day , then all accidents are kept to the bare minimum :P Glad the game is back up and running :)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

Too bad that didn't fix the problem. The economy is still screwed up because some people still have billions of coin. I'm not a big fan of the rollback but I think it's the only way the economy can be balanced again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • l1ghtn1ng36
    l1ghtn1ng36 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    don't worry, I needed the spair time to increase my sniping skill in CSb:chuckle and i didn't even notice it was friday the 13th

SO you are dee epic css purepwnage g4m3z0r l13k B00m H34dshot FPS doug style??b:chuckle
  • avidgamer
    avidgamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Firstly, I would like to express my appreciation to all PWI staff for taking swift and immediate action regarding the CS glitch.

However, I do have some concerns with the action taken. From what I have read from previous posts, from both Admin and players, 70 accounts across three servers have been suspended. Also, millions of ill-gotten coins have been taken out of circulation. The problems I see with this are many.

1) It would appear that much more than 70 players abused this glitch.
    2) Such blatant cheating should warrant more drastic consequences than a simple suspension.
    3) Apparently there are still millions upon millions, if not billions, of ill-gotten coins still in circulation that the GM's failed to remove.
    4) There is no mention of what happens to the items, from AH and catshops, bought with these tainted coins. Because, really, coins are only a means to purchase items.

With all of these issues, I cannot think of a more reasonable solution than a rollback. But if anyone in the community, especially GM's, knows if these issues were dealt with, or will be dealt with, please let me know.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    its great 10billion was removed, but how about those who spent these coins buying rare and expensive stuff, get suspended, and come back few weeks later the richest guy ingame?
    This is a fact, some of my guildies who many millions are still ingame, because they made the precaution to waste all the money before any kind of shutdown. Including but not limited to:
    1) Maxing all skills
    2) Buying everything they could from market/Auction House.
  • Dice_two - Sanctuary
    Dice_two - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is a fact, some of my guildies who many millions are still ingame, because they made the precaution to waste all the money before any kind of shutdown. Including but not limited to:
    1) Maxing all skills
    2) Buying everything they could from market/Auction House.

About the second thing. Auction house certainly wasn't completely overrun in the last half hour before the patch. Top transactions shifted only less than 20mills around in average - people tend to exaggerated with hundreds of millions and billions. Still I agree if this really doesn't rollback PWE will need to make a damm good gold sink for all the players in the range of the exploit...
  • Ladyredsonja - Heavens Tear
    Ladyredsonja - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As the title states this is about the duke rose set. I would like to know what happen to the duke rose set. I really wanted to set. I had every intention of buying on and now it is gone. I think that it sucks that you guys did that. As for saving the economy ... all you did now is make it suck cause those that have it will over price the pieces for anyone to get it. I am happy that you guys do watch over thi gs for us and make sure ppl do not ruin the game for us. I do however think you may have had an oversight in this case.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As the title states this is about the duke rose set. I would like to know what happen to the duke rose set. I really wanted to set. I had every intention of buying on and now it is gone. I think that it sucks that you guys did that. As for saving the economy ... all you did now is make it suck cause those that have it will over price the pieces for anyone to get it. I am happy that you guys do watch over thi gs for us and make sure ppl do not ruin the game for us. I do however think you may have had an oversight in this case.

Duke Rose set were the bugged items that you could convert into millions of coin. b:surrender
  • KumoriChan - Heavens Tear
    KumoriChan - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok. well done GMs.
    this EPIC FAIL was a major success.

Even if u said, it's your own fault - your making the people of PWI look like they are.
    Your responsibility is to make the game playable, without any glitches and bugs. Here, you failed.
    This game is played by little kids, and if they see a way to get more money to buy new stuff, don't u think they will take it? They didn't even ****. It was YOUR fault for making this happen.

I didn't use the glitch, but still think, that the accs shouldn't be perm banned. Just like you took the time to remove all the coins and suspend the accs, take the time to take away the items they bought.

I suggest a rollback, because you didn't really solve any problems with this oh, so hard work u invested.
  • Gila - Lost City
    Gila - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I was wondering if the gms may think about creating a new class called the Hybrid. venomacer can be either male or female and same goes for Barbarians, plus they can have wings. p.s. if u like the idea, gms, u can contact me at my email address:-Edited-
    -sincerely Ironman's ally, Gila
  • dodginbullets
    dodginbullets Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DEAL WITH IT:

R O L L B A C K for S A K E

Each **** makes my gold and my playtime less worth. PWI do something!

HELP! CARE ME, I'M A SMALL CUSTOMER BUT STILL BUYING!

If you let things like this happen, you may miss "future deals" because we can think of this game as unsafe or unrewarding.

b:shocked b:cry b:angry b:bye
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    bunny is watching
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Not that I'm being narrow-minded. Sorry to burst your bubble, GMs, but your effort wasn't, well, not really that great. All of us consider the fact that you have removed billions and suspended accounts, but the fact that PWI's economy is in sh*t will never change. The game will be tarnished for a loooong time.

People who took advantage of the hype (buying gold and selling them) are still around. It's their money and they can do everything they want, but can you imagine the amount of players we have that are not capable of buying gold through real-life money? You might as well just have plastered a "privileged with freebies" sign on payer's heads. Then again, you really wont take away that, would you? Considering that the amount of gold they spent, is a profit to each and everyone of your staff.

And account "suspension"? "Just" suspension?.. Fabulous. These people that you "just" suspended are the biggest criminals in PWI, considering that they scammed THE WHOLE ENTIRE COMMUNITY. If "just" a suspension is what you think is the most ample punishment, then here you go..

"Yay. They're suspended. And then in a couple of days, they'll be back. Let's all welcome the scammers and exploiters back into our loving community's arms."

Happy?
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:angry zzzz so angery..why no roll back!! y cant u roll it back!! is coz u got a lot of people buying gold last night? i thought this is the 1st f2p game i actually like, and yes i have spent over 500 on this game, and worked very hard for what i own so far... but now due to some1 else fault.. 1st i cant log in for hrs, 2nd after i come back, a friend told me he got 30mil in the bank just by selling gold, and he got all his skills lvled up to max, yes thx a lot GM!!! i was gona put more money in this game, now i have to rethink about it, and maybe move to some other game. any1 know any good mmorpg game?
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • anna94
    anna94 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think I'm still stuck in this shut down.......b:sad
    But still.....I LOVE THIS GAME!!b:cute
  • melechia
    melechia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wathever you say, its impossible to track everyone who cheated, not only that, but that money was spread arround benefiting other players.
    So when I see people actualy glad about no rollback, can only be either because their dumb, or are one of such players.

The only serious option would be to have a rollback, this way the economy would be reverted to its previous condition, and there wouldnt be players walking arround with a huge advantage over others that will really never fade away.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Only 70 players abused the bug?
    congratulations to those thousands who get millions of coins yesterday.
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    how? i dont have any proof.
    one of my guildies still got more money then they should have..?
    EPIC FAIL
    You don't need proof, for sure PWI staff will not act without the proper study of his/her transactions.
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    so...14h servers are down and people still have alot of money...PWI this was an epic fail ...this shows that u encourage people to find bugs and use them to make money. Eaven private servers do rollback when it comes to this type of problems. b:angry I spend 10h/7 to make money and now others jut got same amount in 2h..well....why would i still play here(ahh and i spent over 1000 dollars) so just tell me why would i still spend money on ur game?....a game where u can cheat and no one caresb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Can repair that trouble lag? Always ping is +200 ... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyberboy
    cyberboy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You should take a small vacation soon .. because in March we have another friday 13 .... so all my regards :) keep the good job coming :D
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    cyberboy wrote: »
    You should take a small vacation soon .. because in March we have another friday 13 .... so all my regards :) keep the good job coming :D

If by some bizarre chance that I'm still playing by then and the billions of coin made yesterday will be allowed to exist, remind me to spend ~ 20$ on zhen so I too can have 500M coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The only problem is, they removed 10 billion coins from the game but how many billions did they miss? How many millions were given away by the exploiters to friends and guildies? A rollback would have been better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domnorix - Heavens Tear
    Domnorix - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    nice... what a **** up truelly epic. but it happens what u need to do now is fix this issue. I see most people asking for a roll back and it might be the only way to fix this **** up but you might have your reasons for not doing so after all you are the PWI team and "hopefully" you will do whats best. I was one of the people affected by those exploiters. i got dced from server and when i treid to relog i got this message account allready logged in i tried couple of time but it didnt work and i had to press on the safe log. only took few minutes but since im a n00b in this game im wondering why the heck would some one want to log into a noob account like mine?...
    and by the way i played/play a game that is destroyed by hackers and glitchers and almost everyone knows how to use glitches and the game company can do absolutely nothing about it... i do these name glitches where you can pretend to be someone your not(take their name). its terribly fun and addictive b:laugh . i wont do that in PW even if i could :)
  • staticlullaby
    staticlullaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First. GM's you did a great job! I cannot imagine the extensive time you guys put in yesterday to go through all the transactions that you did manage to clean up.

Second. To all of you on the rollback issue. GTFO it. Seriously. Quit and go away, or stop crying over spilled milk. The market is NOT that bad as you want to make it out to be in game and your cryign won't get you anywhere. Report the people that still have mass amounts of coin from their abuse of the AH and let the GM's handle them as well. To punish the THOUSANDS of people playing the game tho for a few hundred tho is absurd! You people are self centered and care nothing about the game or the market more than your own pocket book in game. Most of you are likely pissed because you didn't think to use the AH yourself and make coin off the ppl buying gold like they did.

Third, for all of you threatening to quit or sue or whatever. Just do it already and let those of us who see the trully difficult task the GM's delt with yesterday as an job well done enjoy the game as we have from the start! It is a GAME!

Fourth, it is just that... a game, a F2P game in fact. And yes, i consider it a trully F2P game because I came here from an RCE where I spent thousands a month to get to a fairly decent level of play even. You don't like the way it pans out? Don't put money into the cash shop and buy from the people that do. Find another game where the administration cares so little about the integirty of the legitimate players that they will spend 14hrs to weed through and attempt to fix issues as major as this and admit openly their mistake without wasting the other thousand or more players time and money spent in grinding and legitimate purchases.

KUDOS GM'S!!! You guys are on the ball and took the time to ensure things were handled properly. While you may have missed some bad seeds that used another "exploit" of sorts in the AH I have every confidence that if they are exposed by us the players, that they will be delt with as well.
  • k2n0twork
    k2n0twork Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First. GM's you did a great job! I cannot imagine the extensive time you guys put in yesterday to go through all the transactions that you did manage to clean up.

Second. To all of you on the rollback issue. GTFO it. Seriously. Quit and go away, or stop crying over spilled milk. The market is NOT that bad as you want to make it out to be in game and your cryign won't get you anywhere. Report the people that still have mass amounts of coin from their abuse of the AH and let the GM's handle them as well. To punish the THOUSANDS of people playing the game tho for a few hundred tho is absurd! You people are self centered and care nothing about the game or the market more than your own pocket book in game. Most of you are likely pissed because you didn't think to use the AH yourself and make coin off the ppl buying gold like they did.

Third, for all of you threatening to quit or sue or whatever. Just do it already and let those of us who see the trully difficult task the GM's delt with yesterday as an job well done enjoy the game as we have from the start! It is a GAME!

Fourth, it is just that... a game, a F2P game in fact. And yes, i consider it a trully F2P game because I came here from an RCE where I spent thousands a month to get to a fairly decent level of play even. You don't like the way it pans out? Don't put money into the cash shop and buy from the people that do. Find another game where the administration cares so little about the integirty of the legitimate players that they will spend 14hrs to weed through and attempt to fix issues as major as this and admit openly their mistake without wasting the other thousand or more players time and money spent in grinding and legitimate purchases.

KUDOS GM'S!!! You guys are on the ball and took the time to ensure things were handled properly. While you may have missed some bad seeds that used another "exploit" of sorts in the AH I have every confidence that if they are exposed by us the players, that they will be delt with as well.
    First - you're an idiot.
    Second - Even if market isnt **** up, those bug abuser got their skills at max lvls atm, their gear is +7~+9, and they still got XXXmilions on their accounts.
    Third - And i bet you are the one of those bug abusers
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009

hello bugger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • loganwilliams1
    loganwilliams1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    "Epic fail"

I've only ever played one other mmorpg and I can assure you that they would never fess up in that way.

Good job guys, I can't wait to get this new patch done and back in game.

Thanks.
  • Amnesie - Sanctuary
    Amnesie - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    70 accounts habe been banned ???
    I'm sorry but...What the hell is in your minds ?
    That was YOUR mistake, your permited players to sell an item for much more than they buy it...what did you expect ??

They didn't **** the system for me to know ?
    They just saw YOUR mistake !

That's a scandale to me, you must assume what you do.

Plus you banned a player i know who made up 100M, while you did'nt ban another who made up 20M .... What's the point here, is there's an uncrossable limit ??

That's just annoying...

So please be nice, take your responsabilities, and get the banned back.
    They're not criminals.
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009

dude how long do u play this game?..i spent 5 moths in this game to get to this lvl and to get the armors and weapons i have and now o fkn noob who used a glitch can have same stuf...no way...and about gm's work..well they are payed for that....i don't see why do i have to congratulate them for doing their job....when i do my job i get payd and that's it no gratz no nothing...and if i don't do it i won't get payd..so in the end still..this was an epic fail....and anyone who says different had at least some profit out of this..that is 100% sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    70 accounts habe been banned ???
    I'm sorry but...What the hell is in your minds ?
    That was YOUR mistake, your permited players to sell an item for much more than they buy it...what did you expect ??

They didn't **** the system for me to know ?
    They just saw YOUR mistake !

That's a scandale to me, you must assume what you do.

Plus you banned a player i know who made up 100M, while you did'nt ban another who made up 20M .... What's the point here, is there's an uncrossable limit ??

That's just annoying...

So please be nice, take your responsabilities, and get the banned back.
    They're not criminals.

we can see you've lost a friend who exploited the bug. how much did you profit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
This discussion has been closed.