Emergency Maintenance Complete - Please Read

Options
xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Greetings All,

For those who are unaware, we were forced to shut down the servers today due to an in-game bug that a select number of players were abusing.

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Once again, I must personally state, that we here at Perfect World Entertainment sincerely apologize for the extended downtime today. However this downtime was necessary in order to fix these critical errors.

Yesterday's patch was an epic fail and we are willing to admit it, however we have learned a lot from this experience. We assure you that changes will be made to our processes and procedures in order to ensure that something like this never happens again to Perfect World International.

On a side note, I was never a superstitious man before today. Needless to say this Friday the 13th will forever remain etched in my mind, additionally I will be vigilantly watching the calendar in the future and filing for vacation days on future Friday the 13ths. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank you GM's. =)
    *First Post*

No rollback right?

Zanko!
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    which "bug" exactly are you talking about that led to the suspensions?
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    we Freaking <3 You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ROLL BACK OR NOT.........Honestly..No roll back? GOODBYE REMBURSE MY CASH KTY..Fail honestly.
  • Houken - Sanctuary
    Houken - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For this, the GM's I will definately applaud, but man, you guys shoulda just rolled back to make your lives easier. :P
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good idea with the vacation Xarfox lol.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There is one next month (TWO IN A ROW!) so you better file now ^_^

Incidentally I'll be leaving for a one-week cruise on Friday the 13th of next month and I am growing more and more nervous of the plane flight :-/
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yay, my 12 hour straight grinding wasn't rolled backb:victory

What buggs were players abusing?

Zanko~
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Seems like the Gms did it the hard way. Instead of roll back, they searched every each player if they abused it then gg'ed~ -.- what if they miss 1..... @_@ lucky
  • Samannia - Heavens Tear
    Samannia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank god, and thank you for the fix. =] b:cute
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Great work :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeroStriker - Lost City
    ZeroStriker - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    don't worry, I needed the spair time to increase my sniping skill in CSb:chuckle and i didn't even notice it was friday the 13th
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    YAY! It is over!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Very very nice, over 70 accounts baby. I honestly thought no one would get caught but I have been proven wrong(which is a good thing).
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wasn't that a fun Friday the 13th.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Zaruil - Sanctuary
    Zaruil - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good job gms. Thank you. Happy Lvling guys! ^^
  • Lillythelost - Heavens Tear
    Lillythelost - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if u plz GMs ,, u said that 70 accounts was been suspended,, are new accounts included?? cause im a new player in the game and my account is new ,,b:sad i hope new accounts are not encluded cause i loved this game ,, i believe more than the last one i played toob:surrender hope to post a reply
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    don't worry, they can't really stop you from making a new account anyways.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    congrats! the diligent staff efforts are to be commended, & i do not believe that an apology from them is/was necessary. The only people that should be apologizing are those who exploited the bug, may they burnb:kissb:bye
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank you GMs for fixing it the hard but just way and not with a rollback! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I still dont know what the bugs wereb:sad

Zanko~
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Considering the number of players who have now been adversely affected by this I have to say that from the outset it appears a lot of hard work has been put in to doing a less effective job.

I can only hope I'm proven wrong.
  • miollvynir
    miollvynir Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for taking the time to search out the perpetrators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. new guy- your account shouldn't be suspended unless you were one of the people who were abusing the glitch. If you were, good riddance. If not, you should be safe! xD

HAPPY FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Thats not right, tonight was our guilds attack night. It was the only chance we had this weekend to gain a territory. how are you going to reimburse us for that? You going to give us the land?

All attacks in TW this week should be suspended thats the only fair thing to do, or else reschedule our TW for sunday or something.

Its not fair for some guilds to loose their only days of attack and their ability to gain land for the week while other guilds dont.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for all the hard work to all the staff of PWE u re awesome guys b:kiss
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    suspended, not banned? So they'll be back in a few weeks i guess.

its great 10billion was removed, but how about those who spent these coins buying rare and expensive stuff, get suspended, and come back few weeks later the richest guy ingame?
  • miollvynir
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Considering the number of players who have now been adversely affected by this I have to say that from the outset it appears a lot of hard work has been put in to doing a less effective job.

I can only hope I'm proven wrong.

Do you even realize the difficulty that this entailed for all involved? Please, stop whining and get a life outside of pw. You do not have a RIGHT to play pw, it is a privilege, especially because it is free to play. No one got their money taken away unless they were the ones who caused this in the first place, so why don't you try gratefulness? It's much more appealing.
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Awesome job GM's & developers! You rock!b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • miollvynir
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats not right, tonight was our guilds attack night. It was the only chance we had this weekend to gain a territory. how are you going to reimburse us for that? You going to give us the land?

All attacks in TW this week should be suspended thats the only fair thing to do, or else reschedule our TW for sunday or something.

Its not fair for some guilds to loose their only days of attack and their ability to gain land for the week while other guilds dont.

It's a GAME. Get over it. Life happens and that is not their fault. Move on.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Great job GMs. Still hopeing you dont get killed by you significant others when you get home.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
This discussion has been closed.