Emergency Maintenance Complete - Please Read

Options

Comments

• Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's impossible to track down all the EXPLOITERS so the best thing to do now is:

1'st choice is a ROLL BACK *recommended
    2'nd choice is SEARCH through Log files and look for HUGE amounts of COIN inflow. *Better look for small but many income coins to.
    3'rd choice is Monitor in game money transactions, and bank deposits in the last 24 hours.

All we can do after this EPIC FAIL of PWE is to report if we see any super items and many other things impossible to obtain in 24 h. Like a +10 > +12 item. Soul Stone in Items and many other things.

So please now people and dear play partners do some surveillance work to.
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a3shuzy3 wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with stolen car story, rather it should be with bank robbery.
    One robs the bank -> go out and spend -> he/she is done if get caught.
    One robs the bank -> Money Clean (easly done) -> he/she is hard to get caught.
    *One robs th bank -> go out and spend -> back to the future.

* option can be only done in game. do not try to attempt by buying a time machine from ebay.

only difference here is that we are in a virtual world and guess what ? they can do a roll back and make it so nothing of that never hapenned. omg i wish that could work like that in RL b:chuckle
  • guilty
    guilty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ballin from Lost City still got his 2 billion gold -.-
  • LegoverLass - Heavens Tear
    LegoverLass - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    glad the glitch is fixed :)

however ..... suspended ??? only 70 ????? ok i appreciate how dificult it must be to completly ban someone but at least their account should be DELETED if only as a deterant

TW ?? surely the only fair thing to do is scrap this weeks TW refund everyone and re start next week ... a 1 week loss of TW is not ideal but non the less fair

i do wonder how many TW bids were funded from ill gotten coin ???? i did notice some factions making bids i havnt seen before ( but this could just be my noobieness showing through) lol

and lastly ,, as we all know you are unable to change your characters name ...

ALL SUSPENDED ACCOUNTS NAMES MUST!!!! BE PUBLISHED 1 as a deterant and 2 so all us fair and legal gamers know who to avoid in future some people may be nieve enough to believe what they may be told to do by these people is legal and get themselves in trouble

friday the 13th lol keep an eye on ya callendar GM's b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    WHY DONT WE JUST GET A ROLLBACK I KEEP SEEING PEOPLE WITH ALOT OF MONEY

And im not gonna report them all.. i just reported 3 people where i got proof from. but actually i wanna play now
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    people also bought alot of hercules and phoenixs yesterday? they still have it.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why do people who used illegal coins to buy PETS are not suspended.
    I barely make some coins to do some hourly Q and these people have billions to buy pets? I don't care if they got it from a friend. ITS NOT RIGHT.

ROLL BACK TILL YOU CAN.

This will only bring more chaos in the game economy if you don't ROLL BACK
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow double failure . . first the glitch and then the failure to remove the effects of it *sigh*. If these suspended people just get nothing more then a month long ban or some such ****, then its bye bye PWI for me, considering it right now actually.

And well, I must say from the facts available to us the users, a roll-back is the only complete solution. If there is some actual reason why you couldn't then I pray you tell us, so we don't have to think so poorly of you from now on. Until then I will have to go on regreting that I was so quick to defend you in the forums during all of this.
    In the end, the only people who benefited where those who exploited the situation, and everyone else suffers for their misuse. . . Well I'll stop there, since if you have nothing nice to say . .
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok for the halloween event mess with the dolsl i understand you guys @ PWI didnt rolled back but again

ROLL BACK TILL YOU CAN.
  • toy07
    toy07 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So last night right before the whole server shutdown my 2 characters were fine. But now, both of them are gone! does this have to do with any of this? i dont know what to do..if my characters are gone....
  • Feechen - Heavens Tear
    Feechen - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. Thx for fixing the bug , i know games who you pay a monthly fee to be able to play and they dont have this aviable such fast help and take care of the game and the peeps who playing it.

So please dont tell me its the fault from PWI peeps that not did a ROLLBACK. Iam really sure the peeps who had a nice mold item drop are happy about the decission.

This game have peeps who not playing TW or PVP too, i bet they glad about the decission not to do a ROLLBACK . But i can undestand the TW peeps also.

Well let's see it from this few, its not a must to put in REAL MONEY in this game , you can always exchange at auctioneer, put COINS in get GOLD out to buy all stuff who is in CASH SHOP aviable!

Change your money in game to gold in game and we are all fine right, its your own fault if you are putting in your own real money.

I never did and would do , thats why i choosed to play this game because you dont need to put real money in.
  • Deathsan - Heavens Tear
    Deathsan - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good idea with the vacation Xarfox lol.

Hahaha Im not sure that is a good idea.. If its to get out of work and something this bad happens. Just think how bad it would be on the vacation.b:shedtear . Best to just sit at home and watch a movie About Friday the 13thb:laugh and b:avoid any thing like what happen.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I really don't get it, a simple one day rollback really wouldnt hurt so bad.

Jeez the alternative of billions of "hidden" laundered money vs the loss of one days exp/etc is like a choice between a steaming pile of s... and a million dollars.
  • Bloodember - Lost City
    Bloodember - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think they should bring tatoos into the game.imagine how cool it will be if our characters had tatoos :)
    sorry for replyin to you because i don't know how to post my own message
  • Deathsan - Heavens Tear
    Deathsan - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. Thx for fixing the bug , i know games who you pay a monthly fee to be able to play and they dont have this aviable such fast help and take care of the game and the peeps who playing it.

So please dont tell me its the fault from PWI peeps that not did a ROLLBACK. Iam really sure the peeps who had a nice mold item drop are happy about the decission.

This game have peeps who not playing TW or PVP too, i bet they glad about the decission not to do a ROLLBACK . But i can undestand the TW peeps also.

Well let's see it from this few, its not a must to put in REAL MONEY in this game , you can always exchange at auctioneer, put COINS in get GOLD out to buy all stuff who is in CASH SHOP aviable!

Change your money in game to gold in game and we are all fine right, its your own fault if you are putting in your own real money.

I never did and would do , thats why i choosed to play this game because you dont need to put real money in.

True they Fixed it quickly and for a reason. Cause of us that do put our real money into the game to help keep the game free b:victory And if not for Us that put our real money into the game there probly wouldnt be a gold trade on the AH and that would be bad b:surrender
  • Noxs - Lost City
    Noxs - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow, only joined this game yesterday and you've really impressed me in handling this crisis.

Welldone! b:victory
  • mephisto0001
    mephisto0001 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You did a good job! everyone can make mistakes

grtz
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As usual, PWE's decision is only for their best interest.

Epic fail that exploiters are only suspended and not banned. (These exploiters buy a lot of Zhen so they won't be banned.) No zhen, no salary for the staff.

Epic fail that they scheduled a maintenance close to TW weekend.

Epic fail that they were unable to resolve the issue faster (they had to wait for their Chinese counterparts to wake up to resolve the issue).

Epic fail for all the broken promises they make (remember the charm packs, the Spring event that is supposed to run through Feb. 11).

But I applaud you for doing the best that you can. But still, you guys are epic.
  • LunarLove - Heavens Tear
    LunarLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To anyone saying they did a good job, log into the game. Go to archosaur, look around. Notice something funny? Oh, right: EVERYONE HAS MAXED MOUNTS. I went into archosaur and saw more people on mounts than I saw on foot. Now all the high levels in Heavens Tear are quitting. Why do you ask? Because the admins should've done a rollback.
  • Shiory - Sanctuary
    Shiory - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What did I say huh? huh?

The A Plan is to try to solve all problems without rolling back

The Plan B howver would be the RollBack.

I said it was simples b:chuckle

I just wish I had done my Crazy stone yesterday before it went down b:sad
  • Rezinuken - Heavens Tear
    Rezinuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank you guys and gals for carrying about us and taking pride in what you create for this world. But don't feel to bad because, you are not the only company that was hit by the Friday the 13th evil wave. Great job on a swift plan of action.

The company I work for had three reportable injuries around the globe that were life altering. My wife and I send out our thoughts and prayers to all the families affected by this.
  • Redshine - Lost City
    Redshine - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    right so what bug was this? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Sometimes the best response to reality is to go insane.

Come dance the waltz of death...
  • LunarLove - Heavens Tear
    LunarLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Those unfortunate victims have my condolences. b:heart
  • Bashin - Heavens Tear
    Bashin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A few people will always attempt to find exploits in games. It
  • Bashin - Heavens Tear
    Bashin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A few people will always attempt to find exploits in games. It
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I must admit this is seemingly cleared up fairly fast. The staff's response time was very respectable all things considered. . . I still would have prefered the security of a rollback to ensure no ill goten gains remain in game, but like a true adict I'd settle for seeing the people caught have their accounts deleted. I understand that they must be suspended until further investigation, but consider what it would mean if people found to be knowingly abusing a glitch that caused massive havoc got off with just a temp ban. Well, I think you can see where I am going there lol. Nothing short of perma ban will satisfy an angry mob when it comes to those you're sure about being at fault. Blood makes the grass grow, kill Kill KILL!
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    First of all, kudos to PWE for fixing a fairly serious issue and doing it as quickly as possible. We are all human and in being so, will make mistakes.

Secondly, I've noticed a more than usual amount of ram usage with this recent patch. In W Arch, for example, my mem usage was around 90% (yes, I realize it may be time to upgrade) and now, the game client is using as much as 99% in W Arch & still up around 85-90% elsewhere. These values were not as high as before, easily averaging 10-12% less. Tonight, when I shut down the client, I still have a 50% ram usage where as before, it was substantially lower.

Anyone else having this issue of lagging more than usual?

GMs: Possible memory leak with this patch? Would be worth looking into.
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • Hudini - Heavens Tear
    Hudini - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Kudos im still curious to the problem but hey.
  • pacrat1313
    pacrat1313 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I must say my hat would be off to you, if I wore one.

This was a serious exploit that would have forever destroyed the economics of the game and you responded accordingly. 10 BILLION in coins seized?? 70 account suspended (which I hope will become perma IP bans)?? That must have been a **** load of code to dig through not only to fix the bug, but to track down those that took advantage of the exploit.

But above and beyond all that, kudos to you for admiting the mistake and how severe it was. As said earlier, we are all human and we all make mistakes. It's quite a pleasent change to have the GMs and Devs admit they messed up instead of feeding us manure and telling us it's cake.
  • k2n0twork
    k2n0twork Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what can i say? - DEJA VU!!!
    u guys are nOObs in MMORPGs world, arent u? (if u know what that word means) - im talking to GMs
    oki let me describe you some story
    b4 i started my adventure with PWi i had played "Mu Online" for over 4 years (funny thing - Mu Online is run by the company from US as well - K2Network - i bet some of PWi GMs know that company).
    anyway - "once upon a time" during the maintenance they screwed up "game guard" update. A big "hole" appeared in "game guard", and coz of that some very old **** started to work again. Smart hackers found a way to dupe "money" using it. After 2 days GMs finally did another maintenance - after maintenance they posted an announcement:
    " - We fixed the game guard,
    - we have banned (BANNED!!! not suspended - they BANNED) over 100 accounts (1acc can have 5 chars - so u can say they banned over 500 accounts),
    - we removed all duped money from the server,
    - we tracked all trades which have been done with "infected" accounts and removed all money,items which were traded.
    This **** was blocked very fast so there is no point to do rollback. Market isnt infected.
    Thank you for playing MuOnline - k2network"
    guys - does it remind u something?
    anyway - after few days all items prices increased by 1000%!! (not 100%!!). why? Coz there were other XXXX accounts which werent tracked so hackers kept all duped money. Almost 50% of ppl quit MuOnline including me.

Im not saying it happens here as well but... Belive me:
    1st - u DID not remove coins from ALL player's acc who abused that bug,
    2nd - they bought XXX items from AH using those coins (ofc u didnt remove it)
    3rd - they bought XXX refine stones and upgraded their items (ofc u didnt remove it)
    4th - some honest players sold their gold and now u removed coins from their accounts - EPIC FAIL

so there is only 1 (ONE!) solution which can be done:

R O L L B A C K ! ! !
This discussion has been closed.