Emergency Maintenance Complete - Please Read

Comments

• jjc420
    jjc420 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    don't worry, they can't really stop you from making a new account anyways.

unless of course like some games i've played they ban your ip in which case...
    GAME OVER!
  • Deliverence - Heavens Tear
    Deliverence - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for fixing, Honestly I've found PW to be pretty much flawless my only gripes I've ever had are with lag. Thanks to all the Techs that got the mess sorted and brought balance back.
  • Swifti - Heavens Tear
    Swifti - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    so without a rollback i assume a LOT of the coin that was gained from this exploit will still be circulating... yay for rising prices. glad the cheating people got suspended though, even though its probably like 3 days
  • Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is BS you can’t simply say you’ll “reimburse” the guild it doesn’t work that way, we’ve lost out on what would be a new land for 10m aweek, a new direction in tw and maintaining the 1 win 1 loss record we’ve had in RoC. You can’t simply refund the 501337 coins then expect us to lose a land to Rad (10m loss ._.weekly)

The ONLY Way this can be settled is by rescheduling the TW time for RoC’s Attack on Evolution. We was the ONLY TW Affected by the downtime and its very unfair to expect us just to lose a land this week for a error that wasn’t our fault.

PLEASE reschedule the TW Time.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    miollvynir wrote: »
    Do you even realize the difficulty that this entailed for all involved? Please, stop whining and get a life outside of pw. You do not have a RIGHT to play pw, it is a privilege, especially because it is free to play. No one got their money taken away unless they were the ones who caused this in the first place, so why don't you try gratefulness? It's much more appealing.

f2p? are you nuts? Its f2p for certain people who would prefer to spend their time just grinding up the stuff they make, but that doesnt make it an f2p game. The economy itself is pretty much based on CS items.

Non subscription does not equal free to play.
  • Alyjha - Sanctuary
    Alyjha - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't abuse anything but my stuff still isn't working

Everyone else is saying they can log in but when I log in it say unable to connect to server and it disconnects me.
    It does the same when I log on is Safe mode...
    Do you know what I can do?
  • VeRNo_TecH - Heavens Tear
    VeRNo_TecH - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what happen now?....i cant log in......before last maintenance i got lag continously make my char die all the time........
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, since they were able to remove the ill-gotten coins from the game, rollback wasn't necessary, and so, yaay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's a GAME. Get over it. Life happens and that is not their fault. Move on.

Uhm actually if they arent canceling the rest of the TWs that does make it their fault. If it doesnt concern you then YOU need to move along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Alyjha - Sanctuary
    Alyjha - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Okay I'm back up now :DD
  • kazuo614
    kazuo614 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is bullshiet no offense, and ur gonna have 198 very angry people if you dont do something about the TW schedule, simply reimbursing a faction is not gonna make up for 10 million coins a week, u need to either reschedule the TW's that were missed out on friday or just simply cancel all TW's for the weekend entirely
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Good job PWE!

I hope you did not missed any of the bug abuser. Which is something I somewhat doubt. I'm sure those 70 are only the tip of the iceberg. Too bad you choose to not take the only fair course of action in this matter and do a rollback. But I'm more and more inclined to think you either don't know how to do one, or even worst, that you did not made a back-up before inplementing the patch.

Anyway, I wish you all a good rest after those hours of hard work.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The only FAIR way to sort the TW would be to either reschedule RoCs attack or stop all the TW
  • ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear
    ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Evenixus, i doubt they'll do anything so really no point in complaining.
  • mistressshake
    mistressshake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    TW should be canceled this week do to the server shutdown. Its is unfair that any faction should profit or hurt do to the error. The only fair thing to do is to suspend all TW this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dungeon design contest Phase one Winner
    (third contest, between second and third wave)
    LV 35 Vampire
    LV 57 Priest
    Rank 3 in level at closed of phase 4
  • Lordshinra - Heavens Tear
    Lordshinra - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Great job in handling this situation:)
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The only FAIR way to sort the TW would be to either reschedule RoCs attack or stop all the TW

yep yep.. I already quit playing this game cept for TWs on the weekend, you guys start **** them up too and Ill just leave completelyb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is BS you can
  • cryotech
    cryotech Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ya good job GM's =]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Refunding our money isn't going to fix the problem. RoC has always been the victim of other guilds ganging up on us so we are forced to lose one land a week simply because we don't have the numbers to defend 3 wars at a time. We've been holding our own by invading and taking another land to make up for the one we lose every week. By making us miss our TW while still allowing the other guilds to hit us, you are ruining the balance of the game, and denying us the right to play on the same standards as everyone else. You cannot just refund our bid and say it's fair because it's not. We could have gotten another land to make up for the one we would inevitably lose due to ganging, but we now can't because you've decided to be unfair and only skip the one we'd be attacking on while allowing many guilds to attack us. COINS CANNOT MAKE UP FOR THIS. You should either reschedule Friday's TWs or cancel all TWs altogether to make the game fair for all the guilds!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited February 2009
    Evenixus - This is BS you can’t simply say you’ll “reimburse” the guild it doesn’t work that way, we’ve lost out on what would be a new land for 10m aweek, a new direction in tw and maintaining the 1 win 1 loss record we’ve had in RoC. You can’t simply refund the 501337 coins then expect us to lose a land to Rad (10m loss ._.weekly)

The ONLY Way this can be settled is by rescheduling the TW time for RoC’s Attack on Evolution. We was the ONLY TW Affected by the downtime and its very unfair to expect us just to lose a land this week for a error that wasn’t our fault.

PLEASE reschedule the TW Time.

agree
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

For those who are unaware, we were forced to shut down the servers today due to an in-game bug that a select number of players were abusing.

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Once again, I must personally state, that we here at Perfect World Entertainment sincerely apologize for the extended downtime today. However this downtime was necessary in order to fix these critical errors.

Yesterday's patch was an epic fail and we are willing to admit it, however we have learned a lot from this experience. We assure you that changes will be made to our processes and procedures in order to ensure that something like this never happens again to Perfect World International.

On a side note, I was never a superstitious man before today. Needless to say this Friday the 13th will forever remain etched in my mind, additionally I will be vigilantly watching the calendar in the future and filing for vacation days on future Friday the 13ths. ;)

Well Xar to be more serious this never woulda happened on Friday the 13th if they woulda Did there Patching on the DAY they said they are going to be. You Jinxed yerselves on this not the date. This is NOT the days fault its yer own LoL.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Good Job folks! b:thanks

I hope items and such acquired by those "exploiters" by way of the exploit were also removed. b:victory
    I'll go so far as to say remove some extra items from their equipped items too as punishment? b:chuckle

<ducks all the **** thrown at him and runs away b:avoid>
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited February 2009
    Do you even realize the difficulty that this entailed for all involved? Please, stop whining and get a life outside of pw. You do not have a RIGHT to play pw, it is a privilege, especially because it is free to play. No one got their money taken away unless they were the ones who caused this in the first place, so why don't you try gratefulness? It's much more appealing.

gtfo this wasnt hard at all THEY CHOSE TO TAKE THAT WAY a simple roll back would not make it possible that anybody still ahve one single coins of that exploit i might be wrong but what was the main downside of a roll back ??? beside of people losing the time they migh have played from 2 AM PST to like what 11 AM PST ?
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    BS you care about what the community thinks. Well over two thirds wanted a rollback yet you didn't give us one. People abused an exploit and got away with it, you raked in the dough, even if it meant violating your own eula and ToS. 70 accounts? What's 70 accounts over 3 servers? Nothing but a pitiful excuse of the halfassed way you do your job. Great job removing 1/10 of the issue at hand from the game. Hell, half my own guild who played the AH during the day still has the coins on them. And none of them spent more than $50. I shudder to think of the amounts that are left ingame, especially with the heavy cs shopers.

Epic fail. Have fun anyone staying, I for one am taking my money elsewhere, this is just taking the ****.
    b:dirty
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    are you ****ING serious? I 100% doubt they removed all the money from the bug. ROLL IT BACK! I bet you guys didnt even backup the data before the patch!

you guys are a joke b:chuckle
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Would appear that the items purchased from the auction by the exploiters could not be replaced. I suspect there are hundreds of million gold worth of items now lost forever. Wonder how this will affect prices/economy. Perhaps molds,TT, and other rare items will revert to higher prices for a couple weeks until the market can replace the quantities lost. Time to do a few TT runs I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the good work GMs.

But now i'm wondering, will those 70 or more banned players be banned permanently?
    I'm glad i didnt do it lol b:laugh
    Also, thanks for no roll back b:pleased
    edited February 2009
    Would appear that the items purchased from the auction by the exploiters could not be replaced. I suspect there are hundreds of million gold worth of items now lost forever. Wonder how this will affect prices/economy. Perhaps molds,TT, and other rare items will revert to higher prices for a couple weeks until the market can replace the quantities lost. Time to do a few TT runs I guess.

i would have personally prefered wasting 8 hour this morning then 2-3 weeks to get it back to normal
  • a3shuzy3
    a3shuzy3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs must had some serious working day as well as the developers.
    Thank you

However...
    "what if one exploiter was fine", is still killing me.
    Since PW basically runs off a real cash, even 20 million is 200 dollars.
    We talking some serious cash here..

Anyways really really hope that none of exploiters escaped the search.
    Also, suspended is not enough for system abuse.
    Those 70 people killed, GM, developers, players today.
    and yet, they just don't play for few days and come back online like nothing happened....

Exploit could be a serious crime!!! especially messing around with game money = real cash.
This discussion has been closed.