Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Comments

• annavay
    annavay Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am not sure I understand how selling gold is a glitch.
    I have no idea what this exploit is that everyone is talking about, but I bought an ultimate game card today to get one of the new clothing items from the boutique but when I signed into the game I heard others talking in world chat about the gold being sold for as much as 700k each, I was just thinking if gold sells for so much why spend 5 gold on a new dress to sell for 500k when I can get more coins from just one gold. So instead of buying clothing from the item shop I put some gold in auction house. I don't know what gold normally sells for as I have not tried to sell any before today, I just thought hey at those prices it's more profitable to sell the gold than use it to get clothes to sell. I don't see how this is an exploit or why some are saying people who tried to buy or sell gold should be banned. My gold didn't even sell by the way because I had only put it up for sale a few minutes before the servers went down. I guess my point is just because people were trying to sell gold to make coins doesn't mean they should be banned, people by clothing from the boutique all the time and turn around and sell that to other players, isn't that the same thing?
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why do you want to place the blame on someone? I know, this is an easy way to blame people you don't like so you can kick them out of the game. But seriously, grow up
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's a good thing about not being in school anymore, not failing tests and stuff b:victory
    On the other hand, school is easier than finding a job b:chuckle

lol i bet >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • flexisme
    flexisme Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dude no idea wat u talking about... u sure it was xXxFlexXx? im not the only flex on the game... next thing is i got a spurred kirin... so why would i need a panther??? and i did have a panther.... the first person that pmed me i bought it from so stop trying to lie.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hellburns wrote: »
    blah blah blah Glitch. blah blah blah Cheating. blah blah blah Rollback. is this how ur all gunna pass the time till servers are back up?? Why not watch a bloody film to pass the time b:laugh

Excellent suggestion! We are watching the x-files, for about the 7th time or so b:laugh
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • Maladramatic - Heavens Tear
    Maladramatic - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    flex you lying pig you nvr pked me because i dont go in pk mode not ever not even once in my archer in my barb yeah but i learned what it was your a real pig you know that

do your self a favour quit the flaming its not nice for other people to have to come into an emergency matinance thread to see people flaming each other with harassment
  • PetFox - Heavens Tear
    PetFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *random commet*
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why do you want to place the blame on someone? I know, this is an easy way to blame people you don't like so you can kick them out of the game. But seriously, grow up

hey im telling truth he THREATEN to **** me and he said i will niot be abl;e to play pwi again im not a kid, if anyone should have done it its him
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    blah blah blah Glitch. blah blah blah Cheating. blah blah blah Rollback. is this how ur all gunna pass the time till servers are back up?? Why not watch a bloody film to pass the time b:laugh

lol +1 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Daddude - Sanctuary
    Daddude - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I do not know the underlying structure of the game. If it is a database such as Orical or DB2 or most any other, likely they can roll back only bad transactions rather than all transactions. I am not sure I would penalize the abusers other than to reverse the transactions. Good testing is needed because the roll backs will include Real $$ transactions with gold. Then people may have bought extra gold to exploit the bug that may need to be refunded. Persoanlly, just not refunding money and leaving it in gold format should be punishment enough for the abusers. Think, you buy 100 gold to exploit and now you lose the coin and have your 100 gold back and a VISA bill for it.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    *random commet*

lolb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• anesha
    anesha Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Smart **** Divine dude.. listen the problem was patch based to begin with and thats what people abused (as far as i know).

So nothing to do with Flex and flex has a kirin... why would he want your panther? and for that much money? Get over yourself... really, and stop posting useless things.
  • PetFox - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009

lol thnx for the responce
  • chibibatdollz
    chibibatdollz Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I hope we can play again soon.*Is listening to music at the moment*b:laugh
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • hellburns
    hellburns Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have come up with a plan..... u can all blame me for the problems going on atm. should pass a few more mins bitching at me b:victory
  • PetFox - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I hope we can play again soon.*Is listening to music at the moment*b:laugh

yea b:pleased
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2009

^^

Keep your temper gents and misses :)

I don't know much about game developping, but there must be some sort of DB infrastructure underneath it. No idea what it is, I suppose it is custom designed for a game of this size. They definitly should be able to log everything for financial and tax purposes, so a rollback of only bad transactions should be possible I guess. b:thanks
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I blame all the people in my blacklist, they did it. Just because I don't like them. Also my deleted character did it. She started everything bad in the world b:laugh
  • flexisme
    flexisme Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah..... that was rly random cuz i was in kitty shop for a while lol... and its not matter of 1 person hacking the system it was a glitch that was made during the patching (as far as people say). And 1 more thing.. Divine.. what is your name in game?
  • yomasterd
    yomasterd Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just got online today not checking the status of servers nor updates. I bought 50 usd worth of zen and transfered it to my account. When trying to log in to find out the server was down and haveing all of these problems do u think that will affect my money transfer cause if so I will be 1 hot doggy.
  • PetFox - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    flexisme wrote: »
    Yeah..... that was rly random cuz i was in kitty shop for a while lol... and its not matter of 1 person hacking the system it was a glitch that was made during the patching (as far as people say). And 1 more thing.. Divine.. what is your name in game?

gl explaining it to him b:laugh
  • Dor_turin - Heavens Tear
    Dor_turin - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    just not refunding money and leaving it in gold format should be punishment enough for the abusers. Think, you buy 100 gold to exploit and now you lose the coin and have your 100 gold back and a VISA bill for it.

I agree with the punishment! good ppl is desappearing and and the virtue of honestity is gone too.

b:bye
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is it just me or is having the server down for hours on end on a FRIDAY (One of the biggest gaming days of the week) not conclusive to a good business plan? Even if it is to address a bug shouldn't that have been dealt with before the patch was released?
  • Sektar - Sanctuary
    Sektar - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this is taking so lonnnnnnng lol i know programming is hard but daaaayymmm i wanna play
  • Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Because they are not adults, and know nothing better to do.

I, on the other hand, am an adult, so I am able to commit adultery.

See you all in a couple of hours :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PetFox - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    GM's could we at least get a rough timeline
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mmm maybe they should set back i dont mind some work so hard for there stuff they have and see other get so looded now its not fair against there time either then i guess but wish there was another way but just a game huh :D
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Not envious, just... currently aware of how badly the in-game economy is screwed. Rollback please. :)

You know who really is in a bad situation with this?

Those who buy gold with real money but who were NOT online when the gold price shot up. For those I feel dearly, as they are in a disatvantage to all those who buy gold but WERE online and could make some extra coins.

To all those who do not pay/deposite towards the game - the economy will just stabilize, and it will be just like always: some have more coins and better things, as they pay real life money towards PWI.

This is not meant in any nasty way, many can not deposite, beauty of this game that it is free in that way, but if a rollback should be called for, then it should come from paying players, as they are the ones most upsettingly hit if they were not online at the time, and those I'd fully understand saying they want a roll-back. Everybody else should just remember they are playing a game they pay nothing for, a beautiful game, an amazing game, and they have lost nothing today in value in any shape or form, in opposition to depositers, who now could be shorter in coinage compared to other depositers, and the moment you begin to pay real life cash for something, it becomes more serious, more passionate.

Are we who deposite nuts to do so? Spending real money on a game?
    Well, yes, maybe we are, but we keep a game like this on the net, because we love to play it, and through that others who love it can play too. We get some benefits through that, but those are definitely deserved, and gold prices have been dropping. Are players who play for free complain about that?? No, they WANT gold and item prices to drop, totally forgetting that some in this game have to pay for it, or else there simply would be no game >.>

Those who exploited the glitch, if there rly was one, were in the wrong, but don't envy those who have made coins by selling gold. Or are you envying them also for the hours of real life work they put in to earn their dollars and pounds and euros they spend here? ^_~
  • PetFox - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    there probally worried about alot of ppl quiting if they lose there items
This discussion has been closed.