Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• dredsgirl
    dredsgirl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah I know....Life's not fair, but people do actually work hard and play fair. Why does there always have to be someone to **** that all up?
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I love a good intelligent arguement =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When you guys reference that people used a cash shop exploit to gain heaps of coins and then say you want a rollback so that they do not have illegitimate money, I can understand where you are coming from. But, could the GMs not just rollback those specific exploiters/ban them to avoid rolling everyone else back? That way the exploiters get busted and those who earned their money legitimately, do not get punished. Would this not be a good solution?

The issue then becomes what to do with the loot they attained via their ill-gotten gold. Apparently they have had a run on the auction as well as the bank. They purchased molds and other valuables outbidding the rightful winner. Do you return those items to their original owner, put them back in the auction, or merely delete them with the accounts of the exploiters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vizrhan
    vizrhan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Damn, it's been down for more than 3 hours.
  • Gaelis - Sanctuary
    Gaelis - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good time to clean my house too. b:laugh
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry _River, but it was 3 am PST when the server went DOWN for maintenance, before the bugs were introduced to the game.

FAIL

It was 11pm PST. I was online at 2am EST when the servers went off.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks Darth! WTG PWE! Not only for doing your best with technology, but also for putting up with a whiny impatient userbase! =D

*goes back to reading amusing arguments*

I was GM in a private server of other game and the problem with the users... re the users!!! they like all NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!! the haven't patience, is as if there were other things in life that the game, anyway, i have read some thing like:
    "POR FAVORRRRRR QUIERO JUGAR, NO TENGO OTRA COSA EN MI VIDA, SI NO JUEGO ME MATO"
    Traduction:
    "PLEASE I WANT TO PLAY, I HAVE NO OTHER THING IN MY LIFE, IF YOU DO NOT LET ME PLAY I KILL MY SELF"
    In short, sick people...
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry _River, but it was 3 am PST when the server went DOWN for maintenance, before the bugs were introduced to the game.

FAIL

Um... no. you fail because server goes down at 11pm PST and comes up at 1am PST.

PST = Pacific Standard Time

Which happens to be the time zone I'm in. I know the server was up, because me and my boyfriend were already online grinding out coins. I logged out at 3:30am PST.

No fail there.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

FAIL

The servers went down at 11PM PST... dumb ****
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    just think of this as the real world economic, America economy gone bad and it affected the whole world economy.
  • lterror
    lterror Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the problem with that is the exploiters caused the price of gold to go up, 300% on some servers (like sanctuary) and people in turn, bought gold to sell in the auction house to get 300k/G and take advantage of the "upswing".. so those people also indirectly took advantage of the exploit by legitimately playing the game.. does that mean that anyone who gained coin because of the exploit being taken advantage of should be banned? in my opinion no.. but PWI has weird opinions on banning people.. they will ban a veno for glitching a boss, but they won't ban a wiz or archer for advertising that they are glitching, and power leveling by getting AFK experience.. so I doubt they will ban people for doing something that inevitably made PWI more $.. I wouldn't even be surprised if they "leaked" the information about the glitch so that they could make a quick buck and then "find out" about it and get it fixed.. (yeah, I know.. conspiracy theory b:chuckle) not saying they did that.. but in this day and age with the economy as a whole the way it is.. I don't put anything past anyone anymore
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good time to clean my house too. b:laugh

hahaha nice idea lol
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The issue then becomes what to do with the loot they attained via their ill-gotten gold. Apparently they have had a run on the auction as well as the bank. They purchased molds and other valuables outbidding the rightful winner. Do you return those items to their original owner, put them back in the auction, or merely delete them with the accounts of the exploiters?

I see your point.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    HT was affected.. 500-1m for gold..Which is player set..CASH SHOP ITEMS were exploited some how along with etherblade lake was a major major glitch..and such..
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The servers went down at 11PM PST... dumb ****

so you think they start testing the server when it goes down? Wow. And maybe they work through the night too. And maybe they have little elves scurry around in the servers to battle the gremlins...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HoneyFox - Heavens Tear
    HoneyFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LoL 3 days and i had no clue what gold /coin = . I dont feel none of its worth no law suit tho. but like someone said they should have records of who did, just take theirs back. lol.. whatever. i like this game the flying most the time is the best . i like being carried . only real gripe i have is arrowkey movement
    but just cause you didnt get to exploit or get somehow the same. that would be like saying the folks that spend rl money to set up shops to make coin in game are unfair to those of us that cant or dont spend it. b:chuckle
    if i was a judge i'd have to laugh the law suiters outa court.b:laugh
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback means everything in the game will be set as if it were yesterday. everything you gained or lost in these few hours will be lost. purchases are also affected so developers have extra work adding back all gold bought by players for real money, as their credit cards are be charged with or without rollback.

in other words, server will be up in a matter of hours but it might take days until everything is fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    raven wrote: »
    i seen in AH people buying gold for 400k on lost city..i think problem is on all server..but lost city people is more smart and passed to other subaccounts all coins.

You call that smart?? the transactions can be traced.
    LOG = History of your actions.
    GM, ADMINS, etc = GOD IN GAME.
    If the admins or GM like to know something about your actions, dont worry they can... They know all!!!!! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    KaTime - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    vizrhan wrote: »
    Damn, it's been down for more than 3 hours.

That are 10 Minutes from the 15minutes that the GM announced ingame GM Times are looooonger i thinkb:victory
  • darqwhisper
    darqwhisper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Jees any of you guys used to play Starwars galaxies ?. When there servers went down. they went down for days not hours. Roll backs are annoying but eh at least it keeps everything fair. Anyways sit back realx and enjoy the rants of muppets with no patience (trust me I have no patience). But I looked into doing this as a job and I think I will stick with chefing. so cut em some slack and let them perfect perfection
  • Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just want to clarify something...

You do all understand that the GMs are not software engineers and are not fixing the problem right? People keep saying things like they hate the GMs for this bug, or they love the GMs for working hard to fix it, etc. GMs didn't break the game, and they aren't fixing the game--just working hard to keep us happy and make us behave ourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I bought a pie will it be rollbacked??? b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb
  • GigiCarabina - Heavens Tear
    GigiCarabina - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well i whan know how much this maintanece will take? 5-10 hours?
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You call that smart?? the transactions can be traced.
    LOG = History of your actions.
    GM, ADMINS, etc = GOD IN GAME.
    If the admins or GM like to know something about your actions, dont worry they can... They know all!!!!! b:shocked

drop ur gold on ground pick up with another character repeat it CANT be traced with GM's tool.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback means everything in the game will be set as if it were yesterday. everything you gained or lost in these few hours will be lost. purchases are also affected so developers have extra work adding back all gold bought by players for real money, as their credit cards are be charged with or without rollback.

in other words, server will be up in a matter of hours but it might take days until everything is fixed.

In short... this:

http://neoceo.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/9b91638cb5dcce4549c579f017ce1fd7_full.jpg
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Either way, something else has got to be wrong. It shouldn't have taken this long to fix the glitches introduced by the patch... They know exactly what was changed, so I'm thinking they're working on something else...

Perhaps a bigger glitch/exploit was uncovered?

Or, perhaps they're attempting to undo the damage without a rollback?

Finally, this begs the question:

Would you rather have the servers back faster, and a rollback, or no rollback, and wait?

Second, is a rollback even possible? I mean, everyone who's patched wouldn't be able to play on a server using vers. 71. Basically, a rollback is probably impossible since it goes between 2 versions...

Interesting to think about to pass the time...
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Or how about instead of posting the same thing over and over again, tell us what happened. Or else everyone is going to assume the rumor, (which as far as everyone knows) are true.
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, as I will continue to read this thread (It is growing fast), I still fully support our GMs and believe they are doing the best they can. So please stop the annoying comments about when the servers will be up again. They will be up when they are up. Keep up the fantastic work Gms!
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    3 hours is unacceptable. The technical support of this game is a tremendous failure.