Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Comments

• Calanon - Heavens Tear
    Calanon - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ugghhh... >.<
    Firday the 13th of all days...
    I had my whole weekend planed b:cry
    and now i dont know if its going to work! i was going to be grinding like all day today and get 68, then do those quests and cs then grind some more, then get 69... i was going for 70 by sunday... now i don't think its going to happen... b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rawr. =3

VOTE for True Forms! b:victory
    >> pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842 <<

Imperfect World Series: tinyurl.com/29a4b7v
    Join NOM! PM Me on the PW Forums or in-game for info!
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    NOOOOOOOOES! JUMP ROPE RECORD IS MINE!!!b:chuckle

You sure?? how much how much!!!!!!!! b:angry i will beat you record!!!! b:sin
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    odb wrote: »
    no rollback=quit and file lawsuit against pwi for every penny i have spent on this game back because of unfair business practices. they are offering a service and there are common sense expectations that the game will be run fairly for everyone. if this is left to remain as is with just the bug removed and leaving all this excess money in game i guarantee anyone who files a lawsuit will win. they can argue that its a free game and money paid for gold are donations all they want but common sense says that there are certain expectations to have a fair chance in game.

if PWI wants to test my theory i already consulted with a lawyer about it and he is drooling over the possibility of a class action lawsuit.

b:laugh @ lawsuit..b:chuckle
  • Kermus - Heavens Tear
    Kermus - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I cannot help but laugh at the people demanding things from PWI b:laugh

Thanks for the updates, GM's and Mods.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wonder if this will get fixed by TW time. Would suck for the factions who lose out on Friday's TWs lol
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LMAO. Your attacks on me just make me laugh. I care not about losing the coinage or exp I earned before the emergency maintenance. I'm trying to get you to lay off the GMs. Like Furious said, they have to answer to people too. Just because they didn't notice when YOU wanted them to, doesn't mean they weren't already working on getting people on fixing it.

And by the way, servers went down for emergency maintenance at about hmm.... 12 noon pst, and again you fail. XD

And I'm not speaking for the GMs, I am merely suggesting what could be POSSIBLE. kthxbai

First off, i never attacked you. You proceeded to attack me when i asked why GM's did not notice the problem sooner.

LMAO fail? you are being really petty over a few hours of time. If you want to go that route from even 5am to 12 PST is umm 7 hours? So no fail there.

Second, i read what Furious wrote and personally, i liked his post alot better than any of yours. His actually made me say hmmm....thats true. You are just being rude. You have been the whole time for some reason since you have felt you need to defend someone. When really all i asked for was an explination you were quite rude. Just like you are now.

Third if you are not speaking for the GM's then dont respond to me about how they probably noticed and sat on the problem for a while.

And on that note. Furious_bm, you are right, i didn't think about that. Thank you for the response.

_River, you should probably work on growing up a little.
  • Mikki - Heavens Tear
    Mikki - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sorry am i missing something?? are we crying rollback because someone put gold on the market at an inflated price? surely the answer would be to simply not buy it if that's the case. only got online like 5 mins before server was pulled down so if i'm wrong please forgive my ignorance and mebe gimme a clue wth is actualy going on.
    TA :)
  • Tuiki - Heavens Tear
    Tuiki - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I wouldn't fret so hard, if they do rollback they might only rollback to the point before this buggy patch came. Just a thought...b:surrender
    Is it so hard to write correct English...? b:surrender
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *yawn*
    List of the best ways to get through the down time:
    1 - smoke a J
    2 - RedTube
    3 - Comedy Central
    4 - Become an Alcohol (or just drink even more if you are)
    5 - take a nap so you can stay up playing longer
    6 - Stare at the wall
    7 - look at stats and equip for PW
    8 - Other video games
    9 - Post randomly on forums (my personal choice)
    10 - QUIT COMPLAINING AND RELAX IT WILL BE FIXED SOON!
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sorry am i missing something?? are we crying rollback because someone put gold on the market at an inflated price? surely the answer would be to simply not buy it if that's the case. only got online like 5 mins before server was pulled down so if i'm wrong please forgive my ignorance and mebe gimme a clue wth is actualy going on.

Rumor has it that there is a cash shop item that can be NPC'd for more money than it costs to buy it. For example, this 1g cash shop item can be NPC'd for 500k. The same person takes that 500k and buys 5 more gold at 100k and gets 5 more of those items. He/She NPCs those 5 items again and gets 2.5M. Rinse and repeat until you get loads of money and until the Gold Trading Auction House catches up to the item value when sold to NPCs.
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    KaTime - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sorry what means ETA?
  • Darkangelbri - Lost City
    Darkangelbri - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll be fine with a roll back as long as it doesn't strip me of my level nor the mold drop I got from my fb 69. Was going to purchase some more zen today to purchase the latest fashion but due to the resent issues am just gonna go out to lunch with the money instead.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well . . . At least this is mildly amusing but I do miss my game. I was TTing with Proh. *whimper* How we supposed to earn our marriage monies? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • ash3z
    ash3z Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms section 11 (l).talks about exploits etc. violates terms of service.punish those who abuse ingame exploits to make a unfair advangtage towards other players....do the rollback,it's the right thing to do!

Sro all over..........Zomg i hope not b:shutup
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wow, another internet tough guy. The amount you'd have to spend to win your money back would be astronomically higher than the money you spent, and no lawyer has ever won a class-action lawsuit against an MMO. Your blustering does nothing, you've talked to no lawyer, and you're going to wait for the fix like the rest of us. Maybe if we get lucky you'll leave to go to another MMO to complain.

You sir, FAIL. EPICALLY. At trolling AND at being an internet tough guy. :)

you dont understand how class action lawsuits work do you? wouldnt cost me a penny. the lawyer pays all expenses and will take 1/3 of all money won from the lawsuit as his fee to cover whatever expenses + get filthy rich. everyone would only get a portion of their money back but the money isnt even the point. the main point is it would put PWI into bankruptcy.

oh and btw i went to college with a guy who is a tort lawyer so all i had to do was pick up my cell phone and scroll through my numbers.
  • Mikki - Heavens Tear
    Mikki - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    no rollback=quit and file lawsuit against pwi for every penny i have spent on this game back because of unfair business practices. they are offering a service and there are common sense expectations that the game will be run fairly for everyone. if this is left to remain as is with just the bug removed and leaving all this excess money in game i guarantee anyone who files a lawsuit will win. they can argue that its a free game and money paid for gold are donations all they want but common sense says that there are certain expectations to have a fair chance in game.

if PWI wants to test my theory i already consulted with a lawyer about it and he is drooling over the possibility of a class action lawsuit.

LMAO, someone didn't read the EULA did they
  • joshalot11
    joshalot11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, It happened.. And for what? I'm not sure. The auto-pathing was an amazing feature but still if it's causing so much havok then what's the point? We were at least allowed to play the game before the new system came out.. This has to be one of the worst time's for me on the game, The one time i was actually going to rank up alot lol. I'm not mad at the Gm's or anything for this but im just saying i don't want the server's to be down for too long, I <3 PW.
  • trose
    trose Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is the work of a secret organization, plotting to destroy this Perfect World. Even with our strengths... will this battle be won..
    The Wraith have infiltrated the servers?
  • DeathsAngelx - Sanctuary
    DeathsAngelx - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:kiss Gms in this game are awesometasticb:cuteb:chuckleb:laugh
  • lterror
    lterror Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that's what happened before.. they did a rollback to like 8 hours prior (the night before), yes, it was annoying because we had to re-grind for exp and coin, etc... but at the same time, it was ok.. I'll personally be a bit upset because I sold 2M worth of product (force and feathers that have been in my shop for awhile, nothing having to do with the exploit).. but, if it happens... I'll deal with it.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    keannaz1 wrote: »
    First off, i never attacked you. You proceeded to attack me when i asked why GM's did not notice the problem sooner.

LMAO fail? you are being really petty over a few hours of time. If you want to go that route from even 5am to 12 PST is umm 7 hours? So no fail there.

Second, i read what Furious wrote and personally, i liked his post alot better than any of yours. His actually made me say hmmm....thats true. You are just being rude. You have been the whole time for some reason since you have felt you need to defend someone. When really all i asked for was an explination you were quite rude. Just like you are now.

Third if you are not speaking for the GM's then dont respond to me about how they probably noticed and sat on the problem for a while.

And on that note. Furious_bm, you are right, i didn't think about that. Thank you for the response.

_River, you should probably work on growing up a little.

Either way your anger makes me laugh. Cause I don't care that I lose exp, coins, an authentic work I looted... Cause the Gms are fixing a problem. That in itself is worth losing all of what I accomplished when servers came back up.

You attack the GMs. I didn't think it was fair. So I suggested you be fair and think of the process they need to go through. (which is what Furious simplified, if you had actually paid attention to a post I made shortly after his you would understand mine better). You asked for an explanation, but the way you went about it was rude in my eyes. I was defensive, not even trying to be rude. People are unfair to GMs when they work their butts off for us. Thus, I stand up for that because I don't feel they need to put up with our anger because someone causes **** for all of us to deal with and making their job harder.

BTW once again, Furious simplified my reasoning. I've been trying to get you to think of that all of my posts, and I was NOT intending to be rude in any of them. So my apologies if I seemed that way, but I was merely defending.

Hmm.... growing up... I don't wanna, I'm a toysRus kid ;)
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009

we arent crying rollback BECAUSE of the prices of gold in AH but HOW they were able to get inflated to such a price. the patch somehow caused something that made players able to buy a cash shop item and trade it (how many steps and exactly how i am still not sure) to an NPC for A LOT OF COIN. several mil coin. wrinse and repeat, get enough coin to buy all the gold in the AH so you can repeat the coin exploit... people see an empty gold trade, put up some gold at a higher price. then with all the coin the have they buy anything and everything of value and re-sell or keep or whatever.

people want a rollback because of the item glitch that gained some people (those who knew about it) a ridiculous amount of coin with absolutely no effort.

with the maint now they will most likely fix the bug. if thats the case then no one else can use it to get coin, and without a rollback the ones who did exploit it get to keep all that stuff and fix the games economy to what suits them.
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LMAO, someone didn't read the EULA did they

you have any idea how easy it is for any eula to be thrown out?
  • MissBehaved - Sanctuary
    MissBehaved - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *yawn*
    List of the best ways to get through the down time:
    1 - smoke a J
    2 - RedTube
    3 - Comedy Central
    4 - Become an Alcohol (or just drink even more if you are)
    5 - take a nap so you can stay up playing longer
    6 - Stare at the wall
    7 - look at stats and equip for PW
    8 - Other video games
    9 - Post randomly on forums (my personal choice)
    10 - QUIT COMPLAINING AND RELAX IT WILL BE FIXED SOON!

I choose ummmm #1, #3 and sharing posts with factionmates in our voice chat 0.o
    My generic avatar icon b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<enter intelligent comment here so people are impressed>
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Post randomly on forums (my personal choice) i want to be everywere why is everybody so agitated? it will be fixed sooner or later, chill out
    http://www.scrolllock.nl/3.cfm
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you dont understand how class action lawsuits work do you? wouldnt cost me a penny. the lawyer pays all expenses and will take 1/3 of all money won from the lawsuit as his fee to cover whatever expenses + get filthy rich. everyone would only get a portion of their money back but the money isnt even the point. the main point is it would put PWI into bankruptcy.

oh and btw i went to college with a guy who is a tort lawyer so all i had to do was pick up my cell phone and scroll through my numbers.

Get rich from what? First of all, if it crosses country borders (and we don't know where PWI is based, do we? Good luck suing. The US GOVERNMENT can't get countries to fulfill trade agreements where the terms WERE violated, and if you read the TOS carefully (you did read it before you signed it, right? ) as I'm *sure* your "friend" (aka imaginary internet threat) did, you'll realize you have no grounds for a lawsuit.

Good news though: EPIC FAIL+1 !!! Internet tough guys like you sure help me pass the time.

[edit]
    you have any idea how easy it is for any eula to be thrown out?

Actually, yes. Now if you'd be so kind as to post an instance of an EULA being thrown out, you will lose one EPIC FAIL point. Unfortunately, if you can't find/fabricate such information, you gain one EPIC FAIL point. Risky, but get to work! Try to use more legalese terms. They are OUT OF ORDER and are MAKING A MOCKERY OF THESE PROCEEDINGS and other such phrases. That will help sell your internet tough guy argument. To a 2 year old.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009

And since PWi would be bankrupt the lawyer (and all clients) would get squat... and knowing they wouldnt get jack the lawyers wouldnt take the case... You are a bloody genious. Can I live in your world? Mine is too real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    KaTime - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Any time when servers went back on? Cause i want know if i can go to bed or go on questingb:laugh
  • dredsgirl
    dredsgirl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Will the GM's know who exploited the bug(s)? If so, instead of doing a rollback...how about just ban the pplz who exploited the bug(s)?