Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• Gadagron - Sanctuary
    Gadagron - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Money in a video game isnt that big of a deal guys. Its not like they went and stole money from payin people, or credit card numbers.... its justa bug.b:victory
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thankyou for having common sense and not taking the game to heart like other greedy/selfish people...

rollback till when server opened then add xp weekend or sumthing either way we didnt lose anything UNLESS YOU EXPLOITED

*curtsies*

common sense... I'm not often accused of that :-)
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Syrci - Heavens Tear
    Syrci - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    k maybe i'm just saying this because i didn't have the ability to exploit this "bug" but really just rollback and for all the characters who exploited the bug or didn't reset their coin and inventory to pre-bug value and if they bought a bunch of gold to exploit the bug just have the gold they bought refunded to what it should have been based on their purchase record. this way people like me who couldn't expoit it are satisfied with the coin problem and those who exploited can just try selling their gold in the AH at standard exchange rate or buy stuff from the boutique to sell at the usual insane amounts the rl poor people like me buy them for. if we lost some items and exp in the process, well as long as you weren't an exploiter hopefully you can just regain them the same way you did in the first place.
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So you support exploiting the game is what your saying?

Nothing to do with supporting exploit, but I also don't like how so many players seem to pin their game unhappiness on what others have whilst they don't ;)
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    VOTE FOR A ROLLBACK IN GENERAL DISCUSSION - Xarfox voted NO .. shows how greedy GMs are..

Use common sense people..You want people running around with 200m + ? or would u rather re do 15hours? I rather do 15hours or GMs gimme 200m+
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    >.> i admit i did sell some gold when i saw it happening and im all for the rollback, it does seems unfair that i got all this money when before i was broke as poo, i really only did it cause i didnt expect to keep it got somethings i will never have enough for and played with them a bit, got my kicks not expecting to keep them. yeah it will suck alot of ppl put effort into today and i cant even play tomorrow, my weekend is ruined. i just hope they can get things back to normal.

idk who was buying the gold thats the biggest problem i see... i mean why at 999k! i think that was the big problem i hope they can find out who any why, all i can think of is a bot >.> there was someone spaming a bot site a week ago maybe its connected?

short of it is we are all greedy and it sucks but having money is a good thing so its gunna happen .__.
  • tc2r
    tc2r Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah see this is stupid, Arguing for not having a rollback only makes you look selfish.

I was on right after the update. I started my catshop with 56 fruits, and over night (yeah left pc on) ALL of them sold. my friends did otherwise and sold their items as well.

When we found out that the game was glitched, we all agreed it should be rolled back, that we should lose the xp/items/whatever we had gained after the last maintenance.

Why? because it's for the good of the economy. We know the long term effects of such an inflated economy. If everyone or even a select 8% of the players on Heaven's Tear are made into instant millionaires (aka 50mil plus ppl) then EVERYTHING goes up. I'm talkin lvl 20 armor costing 500k or more. So while you who glitched wont be hurt by having to pay for such things like mats costing 30k each, We who didn't glitch would.

So if I have to lose my exp i earned today, the coins i gained from selling all night. Whatever, it can all be redone, fixing the economy can't and you're selfish or childish to oppose a rollback.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the good of all.

Not to mention, if a lvl 15newb earns 80 mil (which ONE SHOWED ME) in 3 hours time. how does it make the rest of us who work our asses off hustling and bustling for their coins, or grinding, or otherwise working hard for their coins look? I'll tell you. It makes them want to quit playing.
  • geminisfury1968
    geminisfury1968 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I heard through Rumor so not sure if its true but server is only shut down to fix a bug people were exploiting, if this is the case it should not take all that long.
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nothing to do with supporting exploit, but I also don't like how so many players seem to pin their game unhappiness on what others have whilst they don't ;)

I dont like that myself. I find alot of people just whine and cry with the "his cookie has more chips then mine does" mentality. This though I can see why so many people are upset. With people basically having 100's of Millions the gold market ingame will no be over forever and set by these few people. We all know how the bad ones are and like to ruin things for everyone. (bad ones being people who exploit in this case so we are in for certain doom with gold buying :P)
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nexxous wrote: »
    Perhaps you could create a game of this magnitude that never has any bugs or glitches?

hmm and what game has not a single glitch or bug?? the mods and gms work hard to try resolve these issues which are unavoidable in such a vast game
  • forumloader
    forumloader Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    UK user - just logging on for the evening after work - missed all the fun.

Not sure what the bug/issue was, but people should not underestimate the effect of an 'economic' bug in MMO games, hence I support a rollback (I would lose my hours this morning).

Eve-Online had a major exploitation found recently, whereby major alliances had allegedly been farming a code bug for four years, totally skewing the power balance in the game. Ok - Eve makes a big play on its economic model (they even employ economists to comment on it), so the impact may be more important there - but it's still an issue here.

Any game that ends up with stuff like TW, where performance of factions is influenced to some extent by the gear they have as well as the level they are, has to clamp down HARD on economic bugs otherwise many members will feel it is not a level playing field and quit.
  • geminisfury1968
    geminisfury1968 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm all for the roll back however does that mean if I bough something in the item mall and used it a make over scroll to be exact will i be back as i was and just lose the gold that i paid real money for on their site?
  • Jdblade - Heavens Tear
    Jdblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so it was just 1 cash shop item being sold for low gold cost but worth much more coin then 100k coins per gold? sorry I didn't get a chance to even see the details of new boutique items? I just like to have the fine details b:victory Also on a side note if there's players running around with that much coin it will make it hard for players who didn't rake in the coins to buy those hard to get items that are usually priced at 6+ mill
  • veraness
    veraness Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My question is if there will be a rollback and if players who exploited this glitch would be banned?

(I did not take part in this and did not know that this was the reason for an emergency maintence until I read this thread, fyi)
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    why cant we all just be patient, an emergancy shutdown obviously means they have no choice but to resolve this issue..just wait it out...how can they give a time when there working on it now...programming etc is mindboggling b:shutup
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    With the action house itself nothing was wrong. Don't forget the prices get set by players someone just got a bit greedy.

Soooo. you confirm the cash shop money exploit then you edit your post?

Why so? What are you afraid of?

Too bad, I saw it as many other did before you edited your message. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    veraness wrote: »
    My question is if there will be a rollback and if players who exploited this glitch would be banned?

(I did not take part in this and did not know that this was the reason for an emergency maintence until I read this thread, fyi)

thus its perfectly ok for you not to get banned pretty biased if i say so
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anybody remember the Halloween Glitch? Anybody remember the calls for a rollback? Anybody remember a rollback? Nope. This company HATES to give back money and a rollback would have to include a refund of zen purchases (The biggest problem led people to buy gold expecting suddenly high prices to have a benefit for them. If the company rolled everything back but zen, they would be liable for fraudulent inducement to those transactions.) So, I would not take a rollback as given. If it happens, we know just how devastating the extent of the exploit was. If only a few people are now extraordinarily rich, I'd expect we just get an apology.
  • HoneyFox - Heavens Tear
    HoneyFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well i see all bout money here.. mostly .. i make it spend it. make more spend it. i have no rl money invested. but to me the bug of being stuck from
    a crash message i have been getting since doing the new yrs envelope quest
    would be more of a consern since now a lot of ppl are stuck from the same
    message error exactly like posted about the lake bug today. but round the flying of thousand streams. FYI a roll back will not fix that crashing error.b:sad
  • wingedman
    wingedman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Auction House prices is also determined by server if all gold set by users have been bought. That was part of the instruction I read when I auctioned gold for the very first time a month ago.
    The prices that users have set have been bought. Then the server kicked in to set the prices.
    Pls dont blame this bug on the users of PW. That is such a turn off putting blame on users instead of PWI. Passing off the blame. So childish.
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want to keep sth I bought today completely independant from this whole others madness, sth I rly like and was ever so happy to have gotten just the way it is. If same time some have now 100 million coins or even 1 billion coins more than me - so what - I totally do not care.

Also, please do not forget those who actually went and charged their gold up to sell due to the events. They invested that on the basis of the market as it presented itself, and a rollback would punish them - and it is those who invest real life cash, who keep this game free to play for all others. If anything it should be the real cash investors who should get the vote just between themselves, as they pay for this game to be up. If we really wish to talk about fairness that is, I mean...
  • veraness
    veraness Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thus its perfectly ok for you not to get banned pretty biased if i say so

Biased? I have heard of glitches like this before in other MMOs where users were banned for taking advantage of similiar glitches. I was simple wanting to know how the situation was going to be handled.
  • WujenKempo - Heavens Tear
    WujenKempo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, here's my 2 cents.
    I got a cash bonus recently, and bought myself some zen last night. I transferred it to my account this morning. I crafted a number of items, and did quite well with it. I finished a number of quests on my ALT, and he's now ready for FB29.

Someone mentioned some inflation in gold prices at the auction house, and thinking it was due to new clothes, etc, I sold 3 gold in the auction house. I sold the gold primarily because over the last few days, I bought roughly 6-8 gold to purchase items in the boutique. this was a way to recoup some of the coins I had used.

Now, a roll back will make me lose not only the quests and exp (which, admittedly can be redone) but also make me lose the items I crafted. I personally am not in favor of this.

on top of all this, some of you think I should be banned for "abusing a cash exploit."

Now, I am obviously not in favor of a rollback. As for bans on those who exploited the bugs, thats a different situation entirely. The problem is determining exactly who exploited what. I don't feel that I am ~evil~ or that I exploited anything. I'm sure there are a lot of people in similar situations.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    VOTE FOR A ROLLBACK IN GENERAL DISCUSSION - Xarfox voted NO .. shows how greedy GMs are..

Use common sense people..You want people running around with 200m + ? or would u rather re do 15hours? I rather do 15hours or GMs gimme 200m+

That one is funny yeah :D
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, here's my 2 cents.
    I got a cash bonus recently, and bought myself some zen last night. I transferred it to my account this morning. I crafted a number of items, and did quite well with it. I finished a number of quests on my ALT, and he's now ready for FB29.

Someone mentioned some inflation in gold prices at the auction house, and thinking it was due to new clothes, etc, I sold 3 gold in the auction house. I sold the gold primarily because over the last few days, I bought roughly 6-8 gold to purchase items in the boutique. this was a way to recoup some of the coins I had used.

Now, a roll back will make me lose not only the quests and exp (which, admittedly can be redone) but also make me lose the items I crafted. I personally am not in favor of this.

on top of all this, some of you think I should be banned for "abusing a cash exploit."

Now, I am obviously not in favor of a rollback. As for bans on those who exploited the bugs, thats a different situation entirely. The problem is determining exactly who exploited what. I don't feel that I am ~evil~ or that I exploited anything. I'm sure there are a lot of people in similar situations.

If that's all you did, you didn't abuse anything and nobody wants you harmed.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walkingthepath
    walkingthepath Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Seems like alot of people are attacking the viewpoint that exploiting a glitch to intentionally gain an unfair amount of money is wrong. They try to sweep the fact that it is exploitation and cheating under the rug -"Watch this hand, not that one!"- but it is true, nonetheless: It is cheating, is wrong, and should be bannable.

I would even go as far as to imply that those aforementioned, who show blatant disregard for the rules and for the fact that this glitch caused ill-gotten gains, are probably themselves guilty of the exploit.

What's the matter? Don't want to lose the spoils of your crimes? Seems to me that accusing others of selfishness because you want to get away with rulebreaking is, itself, pretty selfish. It's also hypocritical.

There's also the impact on the economy. If enough people have all this money, prices WILL rise. It's already true that only a select few can afford what they want, and now this will widen that gap. To avoid taking back what was wrongly acquired will ensure that no one but cheaters will succeed.

You can be angry with me all day long, but it will not change facts. Fact: Exploiting a glitch IS cheating. That will never change. Until the worlds all burn, it will remain cheating. The sun will go out before this changes. Fact: Allowing cheaters to go unpunished will result in more cheating in the future. Fact: Allowing cheaters to continue doing what they do will ensure that no legitimate player will EVER have a chance for success.

Don't try to tell me that cheating isn't wrong, just because you think I'm selfish for wanting repercussions for rulebreaking. It just doesn't wash.
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    With the action house itself nothing was wrong. Don't forget the prices get set by players someone just got a bit greedy.

^changed her post?

Didn't that used to say something about the actual bug that caused all this? I smell a cover-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Jdblade - Heavens Tear
    Jdblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its like catching a bank robber and letting him walk away with the goods :P
  • neca123
    neca123 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wanna play!!!!!!! b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Suiel - Sanctuary
    Suiel - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tc2r wrote: »
    Yeah see this is stupid, Arguing for not having a rollback only makes you look selfish.

I was on right after the update. I started my catshop with 56 fruits, and over night (yeah left pc on) ALL of them sold. my friends did otherwise and sold their items as well.

When we found out that the game was glitched, we all agreed it should be rolled back, that we should lose the xp/items/whatever we had gained after the last maintenance.

Why? because it's for the good of the economy. We know the long term effects of such an inflated economy. If everyone or even a select 8% of the players on Heaven's Tear are made into instant millionaires (aka 50mil plus ppl) then EVERYTHING goes up. I'm talkin lvl 20 armor costing 500k or more. So while you who glitched wont be hurt by having to pay for such things like mats costing 30k each, We who didn't glitch would.

So if I have to lose my exp i earned today, the coins i gained from selling all night. Whatever, it can all be redone, fixing the economy can't and you're selfish or childish to oppose a rollback.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the good of all.

Not to mention, if a lvl 15newb earns 80 mil (which ONE SHOWED ME) in 3 hours time. how does it make the rest of us who work our asses off hustling and bustling for their coins, or grinding, or otherwise working hard for their coins look? I'll tell you. It makes them want to quit playing.

Can't agree with you more! Arguing for no rollback? hmm... I understand those who are losing experience and such. I am too. But allowing what has happened to destroy the economy ... its just not worth it. The experience can be replaced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]