Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• nexxous
    nexxous Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    perhaps..if i had a few years, few dozens of people and another few years for betatests and correctionsb:chuckle oh my, wouldnt you know it..this IS a betatest! going on for a fw months now b:surrender good riddance its not the full version with so many flaws.

But we have to note another thing - the people who run this game are not the ones who made it. They got something premade and got no chance of knowing what evil is hiding inside. We should mentally prepare for more bugs'n'glitches and the poor crew can't stop it 100%
    I was being sarcastic towards the comments about people quitting the game :P
    Personally, I think this is a great game and the GMs are doing a great job. If the trash talkers think they can do better, then they should quit this game and create their own flawless version. I'm sure that alot of people, including myself, will lose exp and other things they gained, but I can live with that. I think the biggest whiners are the ones that exploited the glitch, oversight or whatever you wanna call it that allowed them to gain hundreds of millions of coins in a short time. I'm hoping they lose all that they gained there... or am I just jealous that I didn't take advantage of that opportunity? :P
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This version maybe, but remember that this game is now what, 4 or 5 years old, and they are using the same game code than they use in China and everywhere else.

that might actually be a part of the problem..
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    people are going to be pissed off reglardess on what the outcome is going to be. But i dont agree with gold house splurges and gets the most outa ppls money. This reminds me of a bank if u deposit 200$ and look on ur statement and shows u deposted 600$ and u keep doing that the bank is gonna find out sooner or later and do something about this.Its like here in a way. Ppl are annoyed as is and its hard to make money anyways in game so i really hope theres gonna be a role back because it make things go back to normal prices and everything. Maybe this role back if happens will calm ppl down and be less worried. I understand some items may be lost buy no biggie just save up and re buy it

That was not the issue. The Gold Trading system's prices are all set by you, the players, so the increase everyone saw was due to the actual bug from the patch. The Gold Trading system is working as intended and the price was slowly increased by the players who were exploiting the bug. This issue is being looked into and we hope to have a resolution soon. Please watch the sticky posted at the top of General for updates to the situation. There is no current ETA for when this will be resolved but stay posted!
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Only one question left for me: On a scale from 1 to 10...

How many minutes you think it will take to find the first complaints about the wrong things bein fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    im jealous i wont lie. and i think its totally unfair if they DONT roll the servers back and allow those people to keep their profits. either dont change the **** up and tell EVERYONE what it is so we can all do it and put everyone on the same lvl money wise or roll it back.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    less than 1
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bokluk
    bokluk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i know the game have glitches. The question is what happening after the gllitch was found?
    And why the GM's said in in-game message that they made investigation and they didnt found nothing wrong?
    Nothing wrong? While the all ppl found that "nothing wrong" how they couldnt?
    If making 400mln for like 2-3 hours using glitch is "nothing wrong" lets GM's leave the things like that and we all to doing "nothing wrong" all day.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I zhenned for 3 hours today and completed a few quests, and...

I won't be the slightest bit upset about a roll back. I had fun, I get to keep that. The game was broken and needs to be fixed.. sh*t happens, life happens, it's no big deal.

I just got notified that all first and second year teachers in my area will not be rehired next year because of the economy... all of them.. hundreds, not just me. There are issues in life that are worth worrying about.. a few hours in a game are not.. at least not for me.

For those to whom the game means more, and I mean that with no mocking, I'm sorry if the rollback harms you in any way.

Thankyou for having common sense and not taking the game to heart like other greedy/selfish people...

rollback till when server opened then add xp weekend or sumthing either way we didnt lose anything UNLESS YOU EXPLOITED
  • HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary
    HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People need to stop b**ching and complaining about the bug. Some people found a way to make quick money, and you didnt, so you're gonna cry and complain and say you're gonna leave if they dont roll back. Get a life, go outside, get a girlfriend, ITS JUST A GAME. A rollback would solve problems, but would cause more problems for people who had nothing to do with this issue, and people who bought gold with REAL money in the time this was going on. The GM's will do what they can to fix the problem, if you're going to leave the game for some stupid reason like this then we're better off without you. For normal people, this is just a bug, bugs happen in games, it's life, move on. Whatever happens, i'm not going anywhere because i love this game, and the people are great.
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sorry about this i posted that in wrong section and my firefox seems to be really slow lol. i dont care what happens its good its getting fixed tho hopefully there will be no role back but i dnno i dont agree with ppl startn off at like 300k then in 2 secs have over 5m ill keep watchn and see what the out come is
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    About a rollback. I myself am for it. I'll lose 4m worth of legendary eq I got late last night, but I rather have that happen then have the games money market go bust. I do however kinda dont think a roll back is gonna happen.

My reason for thinking it wont happen is because of people who bought gold via credit cards. All would need to be refunded and I just dont see that happening as its a massive amount of trouble for not just the billing dept, but the people who also who made the purchase. A lot of refunds can take days to happen due to banks. I worked as a store manager a while back and I know oh so well the joy of people screaming why hasnt my refund kick in yet.

While the vast majority of people are calling for rollbacks, like I said I have my doubts. I would just like right now to see an offical statement of what has happend, what ideas are being tossed around, and possable fixes because this has a large part of the games players in an uproar. I'd also like to see that something was actually done/send a message to people who use exploits there will be consequences.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I see no alternative to a rollback. With people out there with now 100's of millions of coin it will be impossible for me to afford anything going forward. Id rather lose this morning progress then be screwed over for the rest of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    With the action house itself nothing was wrong. Don't forget the prices get set by players someone just got a bit greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is just my opinion...

The game is still only a few months old (this version, these servers) and to my best knowledge this is the first serious issue that threatens the economy. How this is handled will have a lasting impact.

If people are not punished for so grievously abusing a bug then there is no message sent out that such actions will not be tolerated. Break out the big punishment stick now and send a clear message that the game has value, that the rules have meaning, and that threats to the stability of the game will not be tolerated.

Anything less than this is asking for trouble. A roll back without bans just tells those who search for such loopholes that next time to keep their mouths shut and be more sneaky in how they abuse a bug such as exploiting more slowly and less obviously.

Discipline must be swift and decisive to have any validity.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think the biggest question here is what is going to happen..? The bug wasnt exclusively on the Sanctuary server, Heavens Tear went down as well.
    But what about us poorer folk who don't have the real life funds to buy a bunch of gold and sell it in the AH for 350k, or don't have the money to exploit the cash shop bug at all? I personally was logged on for 4+ hours before shut down and in that time pulled almost 250k exp... I know of a lot of people on the server that spent the whole time grinding, farming, questing, leveling etc that werent exploiting the system... at this point, rollback or no, people are leaving PW... I just wanna know if there's gonna be some compensation for us honest players lost time... or are we just gonna take it the hard way because a handful of jerks exploited a problem with the code or whatever it was? How is it fair if all of us lose out?
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow i just divorced and now rollback? :P.. if so better be moneys on acc too or divorce completed :)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good to know.

So you have two solution :

Permaban the abusers and/or do a rollback.

Anything else will upset the majority of your players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Angelicarc - Heavens Tear
    Angelicarc - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How many people are out there?....
    Think about the disadvantage for people who work hard during the "roll back".. It doesn't really matter for the people who are out there....because the GM can surely track them down with 100 mill+ in less than 12 hours?...
  • Msu - Sanctuary
    Msu - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i agree the GM'S will find and fix the problems as soon as they can and everyone in this game are awsome i love this game and if you are not going to be happy than it might just be for the best that you move on and find a new game the people who run perfect world ie the gms they are awsome and they know whats best for all of us..
    loves the games b:thanks
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    With the action house itself nothing was wrong. Don't forget the prices get set by players someone just got a bit greedy.

The set prices are by members, but how does 100 gold = 200m ? Or people were grinding n getting double - triple the xp/coins NOT INCREASED..How bout etherblade lake? How bout the many of glitchs since server maintence..

All glitchs.

Do you know if there will be a 15hr rollback?
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And what if some will have made heaps of coins? It will not effect the 'ordinary' player too much. It will only have been a few, the market will just stabilize and that is that.

It is funny how those accusing others of greed and screaming how it is so unfair some got now more coins than them, are not noticing how it is their own greed and envy that makes them view it in this light in the first place O.O

The gold market madness from today will have made PWI quite a bit of money, as surely many will have sold on gold - bought more gold to sell it - and will go and buy gold again, or will invest coins to buy gold back from the next lot of players that will buy gold to sell - market still a bit shaky or restored, doesn't matter.
    And there will always be players in this game with far more coins, that is just the way it is *shrugs* I have on my travels run into many players with equips far better than mine, and I smile and can be happy for them, also knowing that for every player that invests in this game, chances are increased that the game will stay up, because it will make real life cash for the ones who put it on the net in the first place ^_^

I don't care if some1 made 100 million coins today, I doubt it will effect me and my game play too much
    unless of course I am of envious nature and will be jealous of anybody having something better than myself, but PHEW am I glad I am not of that nature *nods and smiles brightly*
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would try a verify to find out if it is a problem with the files. Otherwise really check the connection.

my server is not working nither is the rest what should i do
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is just my opinion...

The game is still only a few months old (this version, these servers) and to my best knowledge this is the first serious issue that threatens the economy. How this is handled will have a lasting impact.

If people are not punished for so grievously abusing a bug then there is no message sent out that such actions will not be tolerated. Break out the big punishment stick now and send a clear message that the game has value, that the rules have meaning, and that threats to the stability of the game will not be tolerated.

Anything less than this is asking for trouble. A roll back without bans just tells those who search for such loopholes that next time to keep their mouths shut and be more sneaky in how they abuse a bug such as exploiting more slowly and less obviously.

Discipline must be swift and decisive to have any validity.

QFT...exploiters = evilb:angry
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I play this game to have fun and it would actually be excelent if I'm forced due to events like this to stop playing for a while since I'm so addicted now. LOL, any help in stoping me from playing is good.

Again guys, this is just a fictional game.
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    head gm voted for NO rollback, were screwed guys:(
    this means people have gotten rich in an unfair way, since they transfered money to their other account/ friends account.

didnt they ****ing think about that? its unfair..... i spent so much time in getting the 16mil i got now:S i dont want everybody to be rich in an unfair way:S
  • Katsue_kate - Lost City
    Katsue_kate - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Are the emegency mainentance really takes 15 hours?
  • Sektar - Sanctuary
    Sektar - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angry well doesnt this just sucks
  • zephyrzeus
    zephyrzeus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I zhenned for 3 hours today and completed a few quests, and...

I won't be the slightest bit upset about a roll back. I had fun, I get to keep that. The game was broken and needs to be fixed.. sh*t happens, life happens, it's no big deal.

I just got notified that all first and second year teachers in my area will not be rehired next year because of the economy... all of them.. hundreds, not just me. There are issues in life that are worth worrying about.. a few hours in a game are not.. at least not for me.

For those to whom the game means more, and I mean that with no mocking, I'm sorry if the rollback harms you in any way.

Some sense in a sea of madness well said
    "In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heaven sought order. But the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, as endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time and the pure essences of Heaven, the moisture of the Earth, the powers of the Sun and the Moon all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named "Thought". Tathagata Buddha, the Father Buddha, said, "With our thoughts, we make the World". Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it then came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!"
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And what if some will have made heaps of coins? It will not effect the 'ordinary' player too much. It will only have been a few, the market will just stabilize and that is that.

It is funny how those accusing others of greed and screaming how it is so unfair some got now more coins than them, are not noticing how it is their own greed and envy that makes them view it in this light in the first place O.O

The gold market madness from today will have made PWI quite a bit of money, as surely many will have sold on gold - bought more gold to sell it - and will go and buy gold again, or will invest coins to buy gold back from the next lot of players that will buy gold to sell - market still a bit shaky or restored, doesn't matter.
    And there will always be players in this game with far more coins, that is just the way it is *shrugs* I have on my travels run into many players with equips far better than mine, and I smile and can be happy for them, also knowing that for every player that invests in this game, chances are increased that the game will stay up, because it will make real life cash for the ones who put it on the net in the first place ^_^

I don't care if some1 made 100 million coins today, I doubt it will effect me and my game play too much
    unless of course I am of envious nature and will be jealous of anybody having something better than myself, but PHEW am I glad I am not of that nature *nods and smiles brightly*

So you support exploiting the game is what your saying?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That's because the servers are currently down for emergency maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.