Ability Wishlist

Comments

• Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear
    Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - Wizard
    Skill Suggestion - Port party to any one of the major cities.
    Logic - Makes it faster for groups to resupply and get back to questing.

Class - Cleric
    Skill Suggestion - Port party to closest small town/city.
    Logic - Makes it faster for groups to get to questing destinations.

Some limitations on them of course b:laugh
  • kagekaze
    kagekaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - Wizard, Cleric
    Skill Suggestion - Summon Player
    Logic - With this skill, you could summon others in your group to your location (outside of dungeons, not in). This would help groups get to playing together faster instead of waiting around for someone to fly, teleport through towns to your location. More play time and less wait time is great in my book. We had these when I played Vanguard: SOH, and as long as the player was in range it worked (they couldn't be completely across the world) and it helped a lot.
  • dubbleegde
    dubbleegde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FIR..... dangit....

Combat pets for other classes ^^

if u would do that then there wouldent be a use for a venomancer now would t?
  • jnforlife1
    jnforlife1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - Blademaster

Skill Suggestion - "Vulcanic burst" (required weapon: axe or hammer)

=> Remove all negative effects on oneselves to imbue your
    weapon with awesome power. Causes targets in a ..m radius
    to take ...% of weapon damage and burn for ...% of weapon damage.
    First used by the god Ares wich made him invincible and able to defend his
    worshippers.

Logic - There are a fist/claw and a blade/sword skill of these types already.
    It might be usefull for axe/hammer users to have a skill for them too.
  • powermind
    powermind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Somthing for wizzards since no one wants us in a party coz we have nothing to offer and we die in on hit.
  • Dren_Drevin - Lost City
    Dren_Drevin - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class Cleric

I think a spell that does damage and restores a percentage of health would be nice. Maybe make it a weapon buff or something
  • escafl0wnerai
    escafl0wnerai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    class-blademaster

skill suggestion- Omnislash-12 consectutive slashs on opponenet and greaty descreases accuracy

logic- makes it fair when attaching archers due to ther ehig accuracy they tend to kill melee character
  • elektrika
    elektrika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - Wizard
    Skill Suggestion - Mana Shield - use mana points to absorb damage over a 15-second period
    Logic - Wizards, by design, are low in HP and higher in mana. With the wizard's healing spell having such a long cast time, it is not truly functional in combat, and knockback skills do not work against other players or most bosses. By spending mana to absorb damage, it would allow Wizards to kite and/or escape more effectively.
  • driftuss
    driftuss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class -Cleric
    Skill - Physical attack buff
    Reason - I dont mind partying with venos and mages, but theres some times that i need a tank for bosses and maybe a phys increase buff would attract more melee's to party with clerics. Now i know about the melee physical buff so id make it that they dont stack, but i would make the % of increase slightly higher that of melee buffs. Since melee have this buff it kinda makes it hard for a cleric like myself to get a good party for bosses with tanks.(This would encourage more parties with clerics and a closer union in the PWI community in my opinion.)
  • Spit_fire - Lost City
    Spit_fire - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - vanomancer
    Skill Suggestion - a def skill for pvp
    Logic - every class owns me in 1 or 2 hits and it sucks and if u dont have a phoenix veno are useless in pvp unless u want to spend hours to level a bee then spend even more time leveling it bleed -.-

Class - Wizard
    Skill Suggestion - a knock back skill for pvp :)
    Logic - yeah knock back skills should be able to be used in pvp

ps: when are more skill books going to come out? i really only see books for the first 3 skills u get :/ thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spit_Fire:Ninetails Leader
  • justtoosexy
    justtoosexy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Venomancer
    Skill: Increase Resist
    Reason: Veno's are quite weak to elemental attacks at higher levels. Everything they use gives them more resists, but it's difficult for them at higher levels. They get hit once or twice by an elemental attack and they die. Increasing resists would help. Give them a decent amount for a period of about 1 minute with a cool down of one minute. Making this a passive skill would be much nicer, so we just level it.

Some form of defense boost or life boost would be nice.
  • sexynymph
    sexynymph Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Cleric
    Skill: Magic/Physical Defense buff
    Logic: We have skills that decrease others defense but also decrease our own, because clerics normally have such little hp, a defensive buff would be of great use since when fighting mobs we often have to stop to place a heal on ourselves where a buff with resist would make it easier to fight mobs without constantly stopping for health
  • shinrann
    shinrann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Barbarianb:pleased
    Skill: To cancel the skill used by clerics or other mobs, etc which slow us down during combat
    Reason: We never get to touch them during combat since they ll slow us down n kill us by the time v get to themb:angry
    so either a skill which cancels the slowdown skill or skill which can draw them near would be better as they are long-range fighters and v are short range b:victory
    b:bye
  • litergam3
    litergam3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - Venomancer
    Skill Suggestion - a skill to regenerate hp to a friendly target
    Logic -if we have friends we can't bless them so powerfull than other clasees are doing it (srry my english)
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well how about lets make this more imbalanced and screwed up shall we

Class - Archer
    Skill add - Nerve Pointing...giving the archer an increased critical damage rate...and a chance to maim the target (akin to hitting an enemies weakpoint, maiming him or inflicting even more damage then regular)

Logic - Its logical to make your class better as with everyone else in the past 12 pages, aside that, archers are supposed to be deadly accurate and so would it not make sense that we can target weaker points along the body (like the neck)
  • ladyseion
    ladyseion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Cleric
    Ability: Summon

Description: I'm a cleric and my class has few and far between attacks. I get killed alot because I'm really not strong enough to fight alone.
    I know Im primarily a healing class but, I don't always have a group or a friend to help me. It'd be nice if clerics could summon spirits like dragons or a phoenix, ect. To fight along side me or maybe even allowing my all class pet to fight with me.
  • Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear
    Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    powermind wrote: »
    Somthing for wizzards since no one wants us in a party coz we have nothing to offer and we die in on hit.

A squishy mage is a good mage.
    If people don't want to party with you die fast, then its the tank that is not doing their job right.

BUT~ I do agree that wizards need some more BUFF spells.

Kind of strange they have no magic attack buffs or my personal favorite REFLECT!

*EDIT* Just got an idea!
    Add Magic Reflect on the Glacial Embrace
    and
    Add Fire Damage when hit to Pyroshell
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class - Cleric (EP)
    Skill - Phoenix dodge
    Logic - Dodges phoenix for 15 second. THAT'S ALL I NEED!! 15 motha ****in seconds!!!!

Fix the damn bleed instead of trying to come up with new skills. I can't imagine a new skill being able to save me from getting **** by a phoenix.
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • Ryjian - Sanctuary
    Ryjian - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Wizard
    Skill Suggestion: Metal and Wood spells
    Logic: Since Wizards use elemental spells, wouldnt you think they would have ALL elemental attacks as spells? It would add a new variety tothe skill chart for wizards. :)
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Class - Archer
    Skill - change to Wings of Protection to add not only evasion buff, but accuracy buff and physical (and/or) magical defence buff (since we have absolutely no sort of defensive buff minus the evasion which actually doesnt reduce any damage...especially since like 70%+ of the mobs are all magic casters
    Logic - light armor takes the most damage of either type in general...most magic mobs will attack melee units with melee hits when melees approach them, and casters (arcane robes) take alot less damage from magic...meanwhile...melee (phys) mobs run to us thus reducing our damage and doing physical...and range (magic) mobs cast on us...so we get the worst of both really...either we take more damage from magic...or just get our damage reduced and still take alot more damage cause we have to either use thunder skills which take longer to cast or use regular arrows
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i would say for the clerics an option like blademasters have : convert magic def into phys defence and the other way around

or something like it

i hate dying this man times in TW >_< i understand that clerics are not menth to kill other ppl but just need to be strong enough to defend themselves and heal/help other squadmembers etc

but believe me o_O we can't defend ourselves (in TW)

the only skill i'm really gratefull for is the plume shell so in combination with that i would say a skill that reduces all incoming dmg
    for XX seconds ?

and maybe mana recover buff a litle stronger ? o_O come on 10 mp and hp per second >_< that's nothing if i use AT LEAST 250 mp each 2.5 sec

and this recovery rate ONLY when we don't attack something are aren't getting attacked , for me it's totally useless , the way it is now

grtz XD
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Class - Archer
    Skill - change on Bow Mastery (give it +% crit) before demon/sage (and ofc at demon/sage its additionl +% crit)
    logic - crit = damage, k
  • thefire420
    thefire420 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this is you very frist real post!!!for all classes
    Class/all
    skill/combat or healing pets
    reson/I would love to be able to lure monsters or heal my slef with my pet bunnie.Just so its not just there for looks.

Class/barb
    skill/somthing that makes my to hit better with out the half hp loss
    resone/Would make it alot better for pvp if i could swing at someone that pking me and not miss him like 5 times.
  • badjohn
    badjohn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class-- Barbarian
    Skill-- Hook(like in Dota for Pudge) with damage depending on range
    Logic-- its obvious
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class- Cleric
    Skill- Speed buff
    Reason- cuz were slow... untill 79 we get a skill, thats one expensive as hell to get and two only lasts 10 seconds...

Charm packs...

Skills cool, but charms are better... Yall even make money in the process...
  • lichen
    lichen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Barb (Tiger Form)
    Skill: Single Target Ranged Stun, with short cooldown
    Reasoning: Tiger form is not as useful in pvp due to the lack of stun/range attacks, so any decent pvper can kite barb. doesnt have to have damage in attack just short cooldown and range to compliment other attacks and allow tiger form to pvp as an option. Only tiger form stun, "untamed wrath" has long cooldown and doesnt stun for long due to being aoe, and is semi useless in pvp situations; a single target, range, short cooldown version of this would allow for tiger form pvp especially in aerial combat where speed bonus is not factor.
  • gunlar
    gunlar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i have a suggestion rather than a skill why not just add a " target nearest enemy button "

that way instead of trying to click through the pile of 8 mobs, you can cycle through them, using the targeting button.
  • tawalaya
    tawalaya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    class:barb
    skill:the ability to morph into a lion tiger panda or wolf instead of just a white tiger
    reason:its kind of lame to only be able to only morph into a white tiger b:bored
  • Smiliess - Heavens Tear
    Smiliess - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Class: Archer
    Skill: shoot love arrow like cupid.
    reason: the enemies will kill another mob.
    b:chuckle
  • estasia
    estasia Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ( and ) refers to my suggestion as I write the details of the spell out.

Cleric class
    Point Blank Area effect - Funnels and Aura of Metal damage around the cleric doing xxx amount of damage initialy ( preferably a decently high amount ) and then xxx damage per second for the next 5 seconds ( can be lower then initial damage ).
    Mana cost - somewhat higher then usually Area effect razors.
    Cast Time 1.5 seconds (or higher/lower by .5 seconds)
    Affects maximum of 5 Mobs at one time (or 4)
    Cooldown = 1 second

The reason being it wouldnt be too overpowered by maybe if it was learnable early levels, along with some type of extra really fast cast arrow attack with low damage compared to plume shot ~ it would be faster and more skillful for clerics to level up with.

Example - Cleric goes to archasaur, Cleric is level 28 lets say pr close to it. Cleric uses fast attack [plume dart? = .2 second cast low low dmg] skill to pull 3 or 4 treants or rhinos , the mobs get within range of the AE, Cleric gets super pumped up, after pulling the mobs casts a powerful regen spell , magic shell and plume shell, pops a health pot and magic pot, then begins the area effects killing all 3-5 mobs with a nice loot and xp bonus in a smaller amount of time then killing single target mobs.

I know this seems more for mage type classes, but for full attack clerics such as myself, instead of just spaming a macro with plume shot, whirlwind, plume shot, whirlwind. It would be nice to have some challenge, something to raise the hairs on the back of our necks that could mean instant death if tried on mobs close to our level range. Like instant death, or on lower mobs, a good way to farm xp , or loot drops.

Clerics even though on full attack are very powerful characters, it just seems really boring with the limited single target and 1 ae that is such a long cast it gets interupted if we tried to actualy AE farm with it unless on mobs way below the clerics level which is pointless for farming xp with it.

Im sort of a newbie to this game, I have a 24 full attack cleric, with decent gear and good knowledge about farming mobs and questing, but this what I came up with, not sure how innaccurate some of what I posted is true or not but worth a shot

Also a couple more cures for fire, poison and that in the early levels would be nice, Damage of time spells get really anoying after level 20+
This discussion has been closed.