Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• curfin
    curfin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I read your guide when I first looked into playing PWI and I must admit that I found it very well done and informative. There is one thing which I wish could be added to it: a general pvp guide for bms. Just some general tips for fighting different classes, which skills to try to use, what to watch out for, strategies that you have found to work in your experience.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    pzit wrote: »
    Myriad Sword Stance....
    "It's used to finish your opponent at PvP
    Only if they are robes / light armor.

Myriad Sword stance is the 3rd skill to be used in pvp not the last :S it's not a finishing skill it's an awesome skill when you are up against Barbarians.

This is myriad sword stance (level 5) with a HH 70 ghoul blade doing some crazy damage on a level 88 Barberian. Its the 1 skill to own them all.

Screen shot, Myriad sword (level 5) dealing a non critical hit of 2.5k damage on WB with 13k physical defense

it's not critical... critical damages are always even numbers @_@

p.s. I intentionally mis-spelled berserk as beserk ;D
    3. 80+ pvp axe bms should almost never miss >_>
    Should you encounter me, shall you eat thy words.
    Level 80 Sword Blade master, over 8k Evasion and almost 6k HP.
    1 miss makes the difference.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Javon - Lost City
    Javon - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    severan wrote: »

Should you encounter me, shall you eat thy words.
    Level 80 Sword Blade master, over 8k Evasion and almost 6k HP.
    1 miss makes the difference.

hmmm can i get a ss of this 8k evasion , just out of curiosity and because this sounds like a PILE of BS. buffed or non buffed? with or without the spark speed skill?
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    pzit wrote: »
    The highest dmg skill on the BM tree isn't designed for PvP? Explain that to me, would ya. Considering the de-buff, it's pretty freakin sick.

Maybe I should change my wording choice a bit: I believe myriad is less of a pvp skill than a pve skill. I have myriad so I know. It hits hard but that's about it. It's debuff is very defense oriented so it seems logical to assume that it is used in case that your squad is in danger.

My reasons why it is not designed for pvp

1. It requires 2 sparks. This means that you can't go around using it whenever you want. If you want my opinon, atmos strike is better because it can be used whenever necessary not to mention it has the highest damaging potential and is fastest among cyclone heel, farstrike and highland cleave.

2. It has the longest channeling+casting time of all ultimates. Bms and barbs don't do alot of damage like other classes, so we have to take advantage of the 6~12s stun that is given to us to deal out as much damage as possible. Having such long cast time kind of defeats the purpose.

3. Very short channeling time of 0.2s which is as short as bm skills allow. This allows minimum chance of skill interuption which might actually happen if you're ganged by mobs (happened to me before). As I said before I believe it is used in an emergency situation.

4. The debuff... I already expressed my view point on that

I have presented my evidence. Now I await your verdict.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    By "finishing" I don't mean it is going to be used as the last skill. None of the level 59 skills are used as the last one.

Ultimates or finishing skills are used because of the effect they have, like for example Dragon amplifies damage, while Glacial reduces pdef/mdef and Myriad reduces the patk/matk of the opponent.

They require two sparks to be used, so you will have to use it correctly to avoid wasting chi.

While Axe/Spear ultimates are meant to kill faster, Myriad uses a different effect that lowers the attack of the opponent then you proceed to kill with other skills.

Like if an Axe user uses Dragon (Heaven's Flame) on you, the effect of Myriad can help you to avoid getting a high amount of damage, specially if it's Dragon+Berserker.

Or during TW, you see a group of DD's killing your guild, then you go there and use it, killing several robe/LA users and the survivors will get a damage nerf of 15 seconds, very very useful. Or why not? Nerf WB's perdition.

If you are being PK'ed by an archer or going to PK one, and you know that Archer is able to kill you with a few attacks but you're able to kill him with a few attacks too, then you use this skill to nerf the damage (and deal great damage in the way) and you will more likely kill the Archer.

Same applies to Mages, Clerics or Venomancer's, phoenix too..

Another use is for PvE, when you need to nerf the damage for an amount of time when your party is having troubles or something. Or just spam it ever 30 seconds when fighting bosses.

As a Blademaster you already have a good critical hit chance, and using an skill with such a high damage like this will more likely one-hit for Robe/LA users, and if they survive you have 15 seconds of low damage to finish them. It hurts heavy users too.

It's an useful skill which, as any other ultimate, requires practice and experience to know how and when to use it. You can find many uses to it.

So yeah, when you hear "finishing skill" or "ultimate skill" it do not means it is the last skill to be used.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Myriad would be pretty epic in TW, you stun, AoE then Myriad an area, the short casting time means you don't get interrupted and people don't get away during casting animation. It'd be immensely helpful because the second you land that on them they effectively deal 50% dmg and thus cannot kill you as quickly while you escape or pull off another AoE.
  • SleipnirX - Lost City
    SleipnirX - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    severan wrote: »

This is myriad sword stance (level 5) with a HH 70 ghoul blade doing some crazy damage on a level 88 Barberian. Its the 1 skill to own them all.

Screen shot, Myriad sword (level 5) dealing a non critical hit of 2.5k damage on WB with 13k physical defense

Dude seriously WTH????? i am a lvl 79 sword BM, 230 str, using same ghoul sword (unrefined +0) with one average garnet shard, with lvl 6-7 myriad (dun remember exactly right now) and i hit criticals of 3.1k on lvl 61 arcane robe wizards..that means on a barb i would do a lot less than that.....so let me ask:

1. do you have your weapon refined a lot?
    2. do you have much more strength than i do?
    3. do you hax?
    4. is my particular character nerfed/bugged? (in that case i want it fixedb:angry)
  • severan
    edited February 2009
    Dude seriously WTH????? i am a lvl 79 sword BM, 230 str, using same ghoul sword (unrefined +0) with one average garnet shard, with lvl 6-7 myriad (dun remember exactly right now) and i hit criticals of 3.1k on lvl 61 arcane robe wizards..that means on a barb i would do a lot less than that.....so let me ask:

3. do you hax?
    4. is my particular character nerfed/bugged? (in that case i want it fixedb:angry)
    I was using a Ghoul Blade +2 with 2 Beautiful pAttack Shards.

Again, My strength is 177. My Dex is over 230.

3. do you hax?
    Do wizards use hacks when their spell hits a WB for 5k ~ 13k?

4. is my particular character nerfed/bugged?

Damage differs with build. My build is abnormal as you can see I have a lot of Dex and HP...

This I don't know

My sword mastery's level has always been at it's max for the character's level and same with myriad sword. When you press C you can see your damage in a range like 1XXX ~ 2XXX
    For some strange reason,while most Blademasters hit in the minimum range, I always seem to hit in the maximum range like Fist blademasters. I guess it's all that Dex I put in... I have no clue why it happens. Sometimes my normal myraid sword's damage is same as it's critical hits... even on mobs.

Just a FYI I use both a spear and a sword.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Supermanx - Lost City
    Supermanx - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hmmm can i get a ss of this 8k evasion , just out of curiosity and because this sounds like a PILE of BS. buffed or non buffed? with or without the spark speed skill?

i wouldnt doubt Severan has 8k evasion

same dex as a archer plus i think he adds evasion shards o_o

b:surrender i only have 2k evasion
    b:surrender
  • xingl
    xingl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've currently reached level 66 and starting to have trouble grinding.

I'm a sword user, and was wondering what mobs I should grind at.

I'm wondering if it's wise to invest in a Gold HP charm.
  • XxPeRsNxX - Heavens Tear
    XxPeRsNxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is there a vit/dex cap for Axe BMs (not tanking)?

and

How many mobs do Axe BMs usually gather for AoE?

Thanks
  • Supermanx - Lost City
    Supermanx - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xingl wrote: »
    I've currently reached level 66 and starting to have trouble grinding.

I'm a sword user, and was wondering what mobs I should grind at.

I'm wondering if it's wise to invest in a Gold HP charm.

grind on flying mobs northwest part in the swamps (Alter of something i forgot)

at 68+ go AoE grind east of Sanctuary on seaweed theif b:victory
    b:surrender
  • severan
    edited February 2009
    i wouldnt doubt Severan has 8k evasion

same dex as a archer plus i think he adds evasion shards o_o

b:surrender i only have 2k evasion
    My base evasion is 4k (archer buffed), it's 8k with Vil of bodhavista skill (the RED cloud sprint).
    I don't add evasion shards tbh, I just equip myself with items + evasion mods.
    Then I refine my stuff and add HP stones to give a decent HP pool. My damage is derived from the sword skills and its weapons. Thus, I'm Severan.

However, Ashylnn or something like that is a BM from CQ who has 5.4k base Evasion (no buffs)... she is a pure dex fist build, but she's a 1 shot for any character in the game in real PVP and she can't kill anything on her own, btw. I've personally sent her to the safezone with a 4k myriad sword stance as she tried to run. That is what happens when you go light armor.

Dex and evasion w/o HP and defense on a warrior is like a kiss without it's touch.

Spoiler: I've never been kissed in my life.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yurion - Heavens Tear
    Yurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks alot for the guide, really appreciated. I just started playing the game as a blademaster, and the guide made me love it.Thanks once more, keep 'em coming. :)
  • Nakoudo - Heavens Tear
    Nakoudo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This guide is insanely good. After reading this, though, I feel like I really messed up on my Blademaster: My STR and DEX are pretty good, but I think I messed up with my VIT.

So, my question is should I still use my Blademaster character even though she has 6 VIT at lvl 21, or just make a new Blademaster? I really want to salvage my lvl 21, since I've worked pretty hard to get to where she is.
  • Lanevo - Lost City
    Lanevo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Since the server's still down, im just surfing through the forums. Very nice guide, well written b:victory
  • asdafgwref
    asdafgwref Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hi guys im new to PWI
    i hav an doubt.....
    im presently lvl 37 duel axe BM
    and i hav 113 str 37 vit n 45 dex....without any equips...
    is dat good or i need to change my build...
    plz... suggest
    i hav been following 3 str 2 vit (odd) 3str 1 vit n 1 str(even) frm lvl 29...
    plz... help me bit confused...
    n plz tell me a skill build....
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • rawrawraw
    rawrawraw Posts: 3
    edited February 2009
    I have a question, if I want to PvE and PvP, which is better swords or axes?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    This guide is insanely good. After reading this, though, I feel like I really messed up on my Blademaster: My STR and DEX are pretty good, but I think I messed up with my VIT.

So, my question is should I still use my Blademaster character even though she has 6 VIT at lvl 21, or just make a new Blademaster? I really want to salvage my lvl 21, since I've worked pretty hard to get to where she is.

Well, you're still on the low levels, so you can start adding VIT on the next levels (without affecting your requirement stats) and get an amount that you feel comfortable with.
    asdafgwref wrote: »
    hi guys im new to PWI
    i hav an doubt.....
    im presently lvl 37 duel axe BM
    and i hav 113 str 37 vit n 45 dex....without any equips...
    is dat good or i need to change my build...
    plz... suggest
    i hav been following 3 str 2 vit (odd) 3str 1 vit n 1 str(even) frm lvl 29...
    plz... help me bit confused...
    n plz tell me a skill build....
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased

Your build is good. It might help if you tell what are you looking for, like PvE or PvP, TW maybe?
    rawrawraw wrote: »
    I have a question, if I want to PvE and PvP, which is better swords or axes?

Well, the one that you feel more comfortable with and suits you the best is the one you should use.

If you have no personal preference, then I suggest you to go with Axes.
  • Llani - Sanctuary
    Llani - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok, forgive me for being dense now - I'm reading through the pages, my BM created and ready to begin. One thing is puzzling me.

There are different avenues of weaponry to go down, each with its own set of skills after lvl29 (I hope I'm correct so far).

Now, you mentioned at the start that a BM will keep changing weapons as its fixed by TT types etc. Another example is comments of switching from blade to axes at 74 (or something)

If this is the case, won't the skills be all messed up?

I want to make an axe/hammer type BM - if I choose these specific skills then I need to switch weapons latwer to a blade or such, do these skills become temporarily defunct or still operable?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, 7:30am here and brain not quite with it.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Ok, forgive me for being dense now - I'm reading through the pages, my BM created and ready to begin. One thing is puzzling me.

There are different avenues of weaponry to go down, each with its own set of skills after lvl29 (I hope I'm correct so far).

Now, you mentioned at the start that a BM will keep changing weapons as its fixed by TT types etc. Another example is comments of switching from blade to axes at 74 (or something)

If this is the case, won't the skills be all messed up?

I want to make an axe/hammer type BM - if I choose these specific skills then I need to switch weapons latwer to a blade or such, do these skills become temporarily defunct or still operable?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, 7:30am here and brain not quite with it.

No, you don't have to change weapons once you choose a path.

What I mean with the weapons being already pre-designed at Legendary or Twillight Temple, is that you will probably use all the weapons included in your path.

For example:

The Axe/Hammer path includes Single Axes, Dual Hammers, Dual Axes, Sledgehammer weapons.

Some Legendary weapons/Twillight Temple weapons are Dual Axes, others are Dual Hammers, others are Single Axes and others are Sledgehammers.

So you will use different kind of weapons (if you choose to), that belong to your weapon path.
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    Luisch - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I want to thank Lyndura for the great guidance. Now I can build my Polearm BM better. I've made mistake at first built. Now I need to restat my BM. But the problem is the money issue.
    Therefore, what do you think of my BM stats now :

Lvl. 57
    STR = 155
    VIT = 40
    DEX = 64
    MAG = 41
    HP = 2280
    MP = 1377

I have addon attributes from my armors and weapon.
    2* Brow Scythe (1 socket) : Accry +98, Mag +5
    2* Heavy Helm of Xanadu : HP +60, Vit +2
    3* Stoneblood Coat of Plates : Eva +46, pRes +94, Vit +3
    1* Cuisses of the Soul Hunters (1 socket) : Vit +3
    2* Greaves of Lion's Rage (2 sockets) : Str +3, pRes +45
    2* Bracelets of Aries (1 socket) +3 : Mag +3
    1* Hermit's Cape (1 socket) : HP Recvry +5, Vit +4
    1* Poltergeist Ring : Str +2, Vit +2, pAttck +3
    1* Green Silk Necklace : Mag +3, Dex +2, WaterRes +77
    Valentine's Pendent Sweet : Str +1, Dex +1, Vit +1, Mag +1, Exp +2, Exp +2

I want to make my BM a PVP-able, good in grinding. Or maybe later join a TW faction. Usually when grinding, I have problems with the Mag attack, so I must get close to the mobs. So, can't use Farstrike. I use Draw Blood and normal attack.
    What should i do to make it better? Thanks in advance.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    :

Lvl. 57

MAG = 41

I have addon attributes from my armors and weapon.
    2* Brow Scythe (1 socket) : Accry +98, Mag +5

2* Bracelets of Aries (1 socket) +3 : Mag +3

1* Green Silk Necklace : Mag +3, Dex +2, WaterRes +77
    Valentine's Pendent Sweet : Str +1, Dex +1, Vit +1, Mag +1, Exp +2, Exp +2
    Aparently you have on Mag=41+5+3+1=50

This might sound like a silly question but have you tried to use a complementary magic weapon? You can buy it from blacksmith.

I'm bm and since I have high dex. I've been using bow and arrows as a complementary weapon for my dual swords with good resutls (most for pulling mobs out of the pack and doing some damage prior facing the mob with my my swords).

I'll suggest to buy magic weapon and tell me what can you do with it?
  • zedk999
    zedk999 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hello I was wondering can you help me I would like to become an AoE with Dual Axes is that possible if not what weapon can I wield or which is best/strongest for an AoE?

And also what stats do I need to add up? I’m level 4+ but I haven’t used any of my stats/skills; also I want to know what skills do I need for an AoE? If that is possible to answer thank you :)

Also is it possible to be AoE PvP+TW and PvE?

I’m only asking because I don’t want to mess up my skills and stats.

~ Regards Den
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Aparently you have on Mag=41+5+3+1=50

This might sound like a silly question but have you tried to use a complementary magic weapon? You can buy it from blacksmith.

I'm bm and since I have high dex. I've been using bow and arrows as a complementary weapon for my dual swords with good resutls (most for pulling mobs out of the pack and doing some damage prior facing the mob with my my swords).

I'll suggest to buy magic weapon and tell me what can you do with it?

I haven't tried any magic weapon for complementary. Can a magic sword be used for pulling mobs? Or can a magic sword do better damage than the polearm? What good does the magic sword for? Add more magic damage or anything else? Thanks for your suggestion.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    magic swords are completely useless for bms. Bms have 0 magic skills, so magic damage is never used.
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the info.b:thanks
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the info.b:thanks

Hey, I have received the same advice on bows and arrows as being useless for us since we do not have any skills for those (I have been seen as a freak on the chats LOL). However, they match my play style quite nice.

I will apreciate the suggestion I had from another poster of this forum, since I have not been killed since using bow and arrows as complementary weapon.

Right now you are the only BM I know that can purshase and use a Magic weapon and try it (based on your MAG points).

I'll suggest to get something with range and try it. Something for close fight would be useless.

If I had your Mag points I would try it prior reset.
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey, I have received the same advice on bows and arrows as being useless for us since we do not have any skills for those (I have been seen as a freak on the chats LOL). However, they match my play style quite nice.

I will apreciate the suggestion I had from another poster of this forum, since I have not been killed since using bow and arrows as complementary weapon.

Right now you are the only BM I know that can purshase and use a Magic weapon and try it (based on your MAG points).

I'll suggest to get something with range and try it. Something for close fight would be useless.

If I had your Mag points I would try it prior reset.

Holy ****. I honestly suprised anyone takes the time to read the ******** that comes out of your mouth, and yes I realize you are typing not talking. I've looked at a countless number of your posts and ALL of them, I repeat ALL, are utter BS and non-sense.

kindly quit posting on the forums.

thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Holy ****. I honestly suprised anyone takes the time to read the ******** that comes out of your mouth, and yes I realize you are typing not talking. I've looked at a countless number of your posts and ALL of them, I repeat ALL, are utter BS and non-sense.

kindly quit posting on the forums.

thanks

Honestly, you can ignore them. In this particular I'm doing an experiment, which you can ignore too.

Enjoy