Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    what is the difference in damage between the Axe/Hammer ultimate and Sword/Blade ultimate?
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    what is the difference in damage between the Axe/Hammer ultimate and Sword/Blade ultimate?

please look for here : www.ecatomb.net
    not much damage difference but the effect of axe reduced the def while that of sword reduced the atk
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Castian_Grey - Heavens Tear
    Castian_Grey - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wonderfully written guide. It's too bad all the flaming can't just be removed. :-P While I agree that it SEEMS biased towards Axes, you did a great job at analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of each of the weapons. I wondered if your guide really was biased at first, but as I started playing my BM more and more I noticed how expensive the axe path is compared to all the others. The old saying "You get what you pay for" holds true, it seems. Three thumbs up on the guide.

It helped me a great deal to plan out the stat build for my BM. I'm having some trouble lately with decisions. I want to be able to enjoy playing the game, and part of that for me comes from being extremely efficient at what I do. So far I've basically done the following: On even levels, 3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit. On odd levels, 2 str, 2 dex, 1 vit. I don't ever plan on getting involved much in PVP except if I get tossed into TW later by joining a different faction. I'm currently planning and built to go the polearm/spear path when I hit 29, and I'm only one more day away from making the choice of weapon path.

Should I start putting the extra point I currently put on dex on odd levels into vit instead to increase survivability, or should I keep doing it as I have been so that there is somewhat of a "balance" there?

Also, I don't plan to have my vit cap out at any point. I'm a cheapo. QUite often I'm content to just sit down and heal up every few fights instead of spending 10K on mana/healing pots every 2-4 quests (depending on which ones).

The other question I had, in PvE, I know there's the Marrow abilities to help your two defenses, but I've found that I take quite a beating from magical mobs. I sometimes think I take more of a magical beating than my cleric takes a physical beating, but it's hard to say. Anyway, would it be a good idea to carry a set of light armor/pants to change into when I'm going to be fighting against magical mobs, or is there some other strategy you can suggest for those situations?

The last questions I have are related and due to my lack of knowledge of FBs... Is it possible for a spear-user to solo FBs later on? Is it ever going to be possible to solo the FB I currently have a quest to do, or will I always need a squad to complete it?

Thanks in advance.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BM should be able to solo FB 20 levels below them. I don't see why though because unless you are farming stamps for rep, the reward is kind of crappy.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BM should be able to solo FB 20 levels below them. I don't see why though because unless you are farming stamps for rep, the reward is kind of crappy.

farm fb 69 for molds :x

those things sell for alot.
    Back.
    edited January 2009
    No one can solo 69
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    bm can't solo fb69, so farming there is out of a question.

Even a veno took quite long to farm molds there
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    mecurial wrote: »
    please look for here : www.ecatomb.net
    not much damage difference but the effect of axe reduced the def while that of sword reduced the atk
    yah not much difference between polearm ultimate and sword ultimate but its 1100 damage stronger then the axe/hammer ultimate
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yah not much difference between polearm ultimate and sword ultimate but its 1100 damage stronger then the axe/hammer ultimate

The axe ultimate isn't used for it's damage as it's not very high anyway... It's used because of the damage amplification.
    ZzXVdr5.png
    edited January 2009
    Yep, you may not know this but the skill gives a amplified damage debuff to all those hit by it for 6 seconds, this gives you time to fissure and Highland cleave an area of targets, almost ALWAYS taking out the arcane classes near or below your level and severely damaging any archers you hit as well as causing mild damage to BM/Barbs.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah its great to use, when you ticked an wiz/cleric's charm. Activate heaven's flame, and then spam the correct skills depending on you. and you usually kill them before their charm ticks again. Easy kill. ^__^

p.s I love stunning Cleric/Wiz/Barbs useless ahah.. archers.. eh. different story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Yep, you may not know this but the skill gives a amplified damage debuff to all those hit by it for 6 seconds, this gives you time to fissure and Highland cleave an area of targets, almost ALWAYS taking out the arcane classes near or below your level and severely damaging any archers you hit as well as causing mild damage to BM/Barbs.
    oh ic but the skills used after the ultimate for axe/hammer uses lots more mana then the skills that u are able to use after the sword ultimate but the pro for the axe/hammer ultimate is that u might be able to kill more then 1 enemy but is it worth its mana used?

ps... another question i'm still deciding on if i should use sword or axe/hammer for the future path that i'm gonna take.... but 1 thing that stopped me from using axe/hammer is that u have to use more mana on the skills instead of sword skills which enables u to kill more single targets if u keep on using swords. thxb:thanks
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh ic but the skills used after the ultimate for axe/hammer uses lots more mana then the skills that u are able to use after the sword ultimate but the pro for the axe/hammer ultimate is that u might be able to kill more then 1 enemy but is it worth its mana used?

ps... another question i'm still deciding on if i should use sword or axe/hammer for the future path that i'm gonna take.... but 1 thing that stopped me from using axe/hammer is that u have to use more mana on the skills instead of sword skills which enables u to kill more single targets if u keep on using swords. thxb:thanks

Mana is something that you should not care about.

As a BM at PvP you will always use MP Charm (or maybe potions), because you always use skills.

In PvE it's not that necessary since most BM's kill just using normal attacks, unless it's AoE grinding where you have to spam skills, then it's worth it the mana spent.

And about the difference of damage between ultimates:

Sword - Physical attack + 200% weapon damage + 6096
    Axe - Physical attack + 100% weapon damage + 4135

A lot of damage comes from the addon number, so Sword has an advantage of 1961 more damage. And it also has 100% more weapon damage than Axe, which would be around 500 more damage.

Physical attack of Sword is lower than Axe, depending on the level of weapon etc, but it's at least 1k+.

So yeah, the Sword ultimate would deal around 1.3k more damage than Axe.

This is without considering defense of the enemy and PvP reduction, so the damage gets reduced, and the difference is not that much anymore.

But then, again, ultimates are used to deal high damage and finish the opponent using the effect of the skill, which in this case Axe effect is to deal amplified damage of (at level 10) 100% and Sword lowers the physical attack/physical damage of the opponent by half.
  • killerdude1223344
    killerdude1223344 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thanks what path do you recamend
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009

As a BM at PvP you will always use MP Charm (or maybe potions), because you always use skills.

In PvE it's not that necessary since most BM's kill just using normal attacks, unless it's AoE grinding where you have to spam skills, then it's worth it the mana spent.

A lot of damage comes from the addon number, so Sword has an advantage of 1961 more damage. And it also has 100% more weapon damage than Axe, which would be around 500 more damage.

Physical attack of Sword is lower than Axe, depending on the level of weapon etc, but it's at least 1k+.

This is without considering defense of the enemy and PvP reduction, so the damage gets reduced, and the difference is not that much anymore.

But then, again, ultimates are used to deal high damage and finish the opponent using the effect of the skill, which in this case Axe effect is to deal amplified damage of (at level 10) 100% and Sword lowers the physical attack/physical damage of the opponent by half.
    what if i'm using sword in PvE? i will need to skill spam on enemies to decrease the process of losing my life which brings in to another question of mine... whats the reason of not spending points on mag if i'm gonna skill spam monsters?
  • sacchin
    sacchin Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You shouldn't really need to be spamming skills. I only used Aeolian Blade once per mob, maybe twice, when I was training 1v1 on my WR. For mana, the gain from adding Mag is so inconsequential, you would need to place massive amounts in it to have any noticeable difference. The opportunity cost of those points in Mag, meaning points in Dex or Vit, is far too great. Even if you did add all those points, you would gain at most 1 extra attack per mana bar. The tiny cost of pots or hiero is nothing compared to what you are losing by spending those points in Mag.
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    this is how i kill monsters: Aeolian Blade then Draw Blood then Steam strike or something like that then Tiger Maw and then i keep using normal attacks till they die
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    nvm i found out how to manage stuff...
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009

wait wait wait... so if i was gonna PvE big time then i should use axe/hammer without even considering using swords?

ps. i don't see much mobs in my level... will there be an increase in mobs in the future?
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I wanted to ask around here how's my build:

Vit: 65
    Str: 130
    Dex: 35

Axe Blademaster.
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    1 more question how do u axe/hammer BMs have enough mana to kill lots when ur skills consume huge amounts of mana? do u use skills when u are fighting 1 enemy? and if u are always in a squad would the weapon choice of axe/hammer be better or sword/blade? (pls answer all 3 questionsb:thanks)
  • JasperK - Lost City
    JasperK - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is a great guide, probably the best one I have read so far. It is easy to read and follow, it's also made so that actual new people can understand it. Most of the guides I have read seem to be written for the members who have played forever with a different class, so reading this one was really nice.

A suggest; you should create an area that is filled with combos. It would be nice to see some good combos, this way I wouldn't have to test out everything myself. I'd have an idea on what's good, then I could tamper with things from there.
  • kamechi
    kamechi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've just started building a blademaster, and this guide is proving really, really useful! It was very easy to understand, as someone who's never really played these kinds of games before.

Thanks! b:kiss
  • Caelon - Lost City
    Caelon - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    great guide, thanks a lot!

unfortunately i didn't read it till like lvl 25 or so, wasted lots of SP b:chuckle

if it weren't for this guide i woulda' been a pretty noobie BM =p ( i will always be a noob!... it's like never growing up in rl b:pleased )

Also a quick question, i am a polearm bm and looking over the stat builds recommended, i was wondering if i could do
    5 str. 3 dex. 2 vit. every 2 levels? or of-course 6 str. 2 dex. 2 vit.

i would like to end up a balanced pvp'er/pve'r but i have always gained lots of joy from pvp b:surrender

any help is appreciated, and again the guide is elite its better then alah's bbq sauce, Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insanity has a nice ****..
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I want to thank Lyndura for the great guide, it really helped me understand BM's a lil' more.....I would've been lost at the beginning without thisb:laugh.......but contrary to Lyndura's opinion I went fists/claws and Im loving it^_^.....I was so happy that I tanked FB29(poorly of course but still.....,Im still noob and I think forever will beb:chuckle)'cause people always say(or type>.>)that BM's can't really tank, but I guess I proved the wrong^_^
  • Nimrrod - Lost City
    Nimrrod - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks a lot it helps a lot to understand a lot more of how things work.
    Learn the rules so you can brake'em properly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pzit
    pzit Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I got a question, about the Myriad Sword Stance skill. I've already red all the flaming you did at Chongs guide, so this is pretty funny.

Myriad Sword Stance....
    "It's used to finish your opponent at PvP, so it's a must to max. Of course, it requires high amounts of Spirit Points and Money to be leveled up, so do it whenever you can."
    Why the hell would that be a skill you use to finish your opponent with? It decreases your opponents phys. and magical damage by XX% !!!!!
    It just doesn't seem logical to use the best de-buff skill as a last skill, does it?

And the fist thing is even more incredible. I do not believe fist is bad in any way. Due to high crit, high dodge and high acc... I have no idea how much dmg a lvl 80+ axeBM does, but let's just pick a random number. Let's say you deal about 2000damage with a descent high damage skill, and you miss. Then I'd say you've wasted a skill, and you need to deal the lost damage through other skills. And because of the fist-bm's high crit rate, and low chance of missing, it adds up to the lower damage. And the skill that makes you able to interrupt spells is pretty damn awesome...
  • Javon - Lost City
    Javon - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    pzit wrote: »
    I got a question, about the Myriad Sword Stance skill. I've already red all the flaming you did at Chongs guide, so this is pretty funny.

Myriad Sword Stance....
    "It's used to finish your opponent at PvP, so it's a must to max. Of course, it requires high amounts of Spirit Points and Money to be leveled up, so do it whenever you can."
    Why the hell would that be a skill you use to finish your opponent with? It decreases your opponents phys. and magical damage by XX% !!!!!
    It just doesn't seem logical to use the best de-buff skill as a last skill, does it?

And the fist thing is even more incredible. I do not believe fist is bad in any way. Due to high crit, high dodge and high acc... I have no idea how much dmg a lvl 80+ axeBM does, but let's just pick a random number. Let's say you deal about 2000damage with a descent high damage skill, and you miss. Then I'd say you've wasted a skill, and you need to deal the lost damage through other skills. And because of the fist-bm's high crit rate, and low chance of missing, it adds up to the lower damage. And the skill that makes you able to interrupt spells is pretty damn awesome...

dude search this forum for all the fist topics and u will see why fist isnt that great (especially in pvp)
    1. low dmg +crit = still low dmg
    2.fist cant kill someone with a charm hardly
    3. 80+ pvp axe bms should almost never miss >_>
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't even think that myriad is designed for pvp. I think that myriad is used in dangerous pve situation to save squad. Since it's so high damage, you can be sure that you'll draw aggro towards yourself from the healers. With the combination of our lion, you can keep the mobs stunned till everyone regroup. If by some chance aggro is not drawn towards you or if the stun didn't work, the debuff should be able to save you before clerics heal you while you aoe with axe.
  • pzit
    pzit Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't even think that myriad is designed for pvp. I think that myriad is used in dangerous pve situation to save squad. Since it's so high damage, you can be sure that you'll draw aggro towards yourself from the healers. With the combination of our lion, you can keep the mobs stunned till everyone regroup. If by some chance aggro is not drawn towards you or if the stun didn't work, the debuff should be able to save you before clerics heal you while you aoe with axe.

The highest dmg skill on the BM tree isn't designed for PvP? Explain that to me, would ya. Considering the de-buff, it's pretty freakin sick.
    [/U]

dude search this forum for all the fist topics and u will see why fist isnt that great (especially in pvp)
    1. low dmg +crit = still low dmg
    2.fist cant kill someone with a charm hardly
    3. 80+ pvp axe bms should almost never miss >_>

I've searched around, and all I see is people who swear to axe/spear talking about how good their build is, compared to sword and fist builds...