I make 8-10% an hour x_x

Yeah i bet you cant wait to be in the 8x range now eh?^^
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Esteban801 - Sanctuary
    Esteban801 - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so wait 15% is good? lol *have to stop thinking of other games!*

ok one last question (for now b:chuckle) What armors should I definitely get? And what armors should be optional?

thx again for the help.

EDIT: complexx how long does it take to get those lvl 70 axes in the cube?
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so wait 15% is good? lol *have to stop thinking of other games!*

ok one last question (for now b:chuckle) What armors should I definitely? And what armors should be optional?

thx again for the help.

EDIT: complexx how long does it take to get those lvl 70 axes in the cube?

not long, 50 Chips, Few weeks in cube.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Love the Guideb:victory

Might want to add more detail if your still working on it.

Zanko~
  • tigor11
    tigor11 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What is AoE?? :?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    tigor11 wrote: »
    What is AoE?? :?

Area of Effect.

Basically any skill/spell that affects a designated area, and is able to hit multiple enemies.

Like: "Affects all the enemies in a 10m radius".
  • phichau
    phichau Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    is there a guide skill for BM?
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    AoE is actually "Area of Effect" and is used to descibe skills that hit multiple targets most commonly radius skills and sometimes fan or line skills.

The skill distribution is a part of the guide already, weapon specific skills should all be maxed with the 2 that don't use sparks in priority.

Also I don't really suggest Air mob grinding, it gives 20% more exp but distances are harder to judge so it's easy to get ganged up on by multiple air mobs who always have magic skills. With land mobs you can back leap into them or sprint to avoid getting hit by their magic and sometimes you can find 2 close enough together to AoE.
  • ShadowLone - Lost City
    ShadowLone - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    now im just starting but i was wondering at the moment till lvl 15 ive followed the sword/blade stats tree and was wondering should i try to get my hands on a restat for later lvls to go axe/hammer style or can i still change it now?
    or is there a cheap respec to a certain lvl?
    edited December 2008
    Restat scrolls are available in the Cash Shop, it is 5 gold (Or aproximately 500-600k) to retrieve 50 points from 1 stat or 25 point from each stat. I reccomend using the 25 point from each stat scroll as it allows you to get your Magic to 3 from the starting 5 and also 25 points from Dex & Vit means 50 points into STR which should be plenty for axes if you've been adding a bit of Str every level. Really it is reccomended you get the minimum stats for spear even if you are using sword, more STR = more dmg = faster killing. They key is to find the balance between survival and killing.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Restat scrolls are available in the Cash Shop, it is 5 gold (Or aproximately 500-600k) to retrieve 50 points from 1 stat or 25 point from each stat. I reccomend using the 25 point from each stat scroll as it allows you to get your Magic to 3 from the starting 5 and also 25 points from Dex & Vit means 50 points into STR which should be plenty for axes if you've been adding a bit of Str every level. Really it is reccomended you get the minimum stats for spear even if you are using sword, more STR = more dmg = faster killing. They key is to find the balance between survival and killing.

Both weapons, Sword and Spear, use the same STR.

@Shadowlone: Level 15 is good to change weapons, you won't have to buy a restat, just post me your stats (without equipment) and I'll tell you how to fix them so you can use Axe/Hammer in the best way.
    edited December 2008
    No they don't. Spears require more Str and Blades require more Dex.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    No they don't. Spears require more Str and Blades require more Dex.

Both use Heavy Armor = 5 STR.
  • ShadowLone - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    sry for late response my net freaked out...
    anyway stats are
    str = 40
    vit = 19
    maq = 5 (like duh!?)
    dex = 26
    if it is realy bad il just start over thats not a big problem just wanted to know mainly b:pleased
    and tho im lvl 16 now i havent added the 5 new stat points so those are still open for suggestions ^^
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    sry for late response my net freaked out...
    anyway stats are
    str = 40
    vit = 19
    maq = 5 (like duh!?)
    dex = 26
    if it is realy bad il just start over thats not a big problem just wanted to know mainly b:pleased
    and tho im lvl 16 now i havent added the 5 new stat points so those are still open for suggestions ^^

Ok, add 5 STR every level, including the 5 points you saved, up until level 19, then your stats will look this way:

59 STR
    19 VIT
    26 DEX
    5 MAG

And you will have 1 spare point at level 19. Then you start stating your character the way you want, just remember that now add 3 STR per level, and you have 2 free points to put into VIT and/or DEX.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I wanted to AoE today with my friends on nightscream island, but we couldnt find the seaweed thieves, where r they?
    Back.
  • ShadowLone - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    @ Lyndura thanks for ure help bout my stats realy appriciate it caus now i know im not that mouch of a lost caus tho would u advice to still put alot of dex to my stats or until lvl 19 a bit more Vit?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I wanted to AoE today with my friends on nightscream island, but we couldnt find the seaweed thieves, where r they?

They are not on YKD, they are around [675,570].

If you want to AoE at YKD I suggest you Pirate Minions. From the beggining, you go all the way to right, go swimming until you start going to the left, then around that area you will find some spots with only those mobs, and they are all physical, so very good for AoE trainning.
    @ Lyndura thanks for ure help bout my stats realy appriciate it caus now i know im not that mouch of a lost caus tho would u advice to still put alot of dex to my stats or until lvl 19 a bit more Vit?

Well, you will add only STR until level 19, then at level 20 and up you will add 3 STR, 1 DEX and 1 VIT every level.
  • massu
    massu Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hi .
    i read your guide about Bm and it was a great help for beginners like me :D but i have a question. i am still wondering what path i should choose between axe/hammer or polearm BM. if i dont pvp and like to do solo runs. but in your guide it said that polearm does higher dmg to single targets than axe/hammers, does it mean that with boss monster polearm does more dmg than axe/hammers?

would be great help if u could reply back
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    massu wrote: »
    hi .
    i read your guide about Bm and it was a great help for beginners like me :D but i have a question. i am still wondering what path i should choose between axe/hammer or polearm BM. if i dont pvp and like to do solo runs. but in your guide it said that polearm does higher dmg to single targets than axe/hammers, does it mean that with boss monster polearm does more dmg than axe/hammers?

would be great help if u could reply back

Yes, Polearm is more likely going to deal more damage to a single target, though, remember that the equipment has a high importance for the performance of a Blademaster, so the one with better gear will outdamage the other most of the time.

Spear has less AoE but more single target, and Axe has more AoE but less single target.

You won't really be doing solo dungeon runs, since for your level, you will always need an squad to suceed at it, and if you want to solo, then you would need to be higher level and run low level runs, but it's not really worth it.

If you want to only focus on PvE, both are good for it, but I would suggest Axe/Hammer slightly more, since it's easier to attack many enemies at once and higher VIT to tank.

Annoucement: Changed the "Stats" section of the guide.
  • sidot
    sidot Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm thinking of going straight Axe/Hammer, but when training and selling things, I find most blademasters I see have duel or single swords. I've yet to see some hammers o.O... Is there any particular reason as to why they may have gone on the sword path, becuase from what i've read in the guide, (this is PvE), Axe/Hammer is close to the best at levelling ect. :S
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Characters: (BTW i'm almost always in the heaven server)

BloodyManiac = Elf Archer (Male) lv x0
    YumeTuskia = Venomancer (female duhh) lv x0

I'm a dude have fun? b:surrender
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What do you consider as single target?

Meteorrush, glacial, piercingwinds are not single target hits only.
    Spear has only one single target spell and thats Farstrike.

Spear - > Spray range AoE's
    Axe - > 360
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    rikako wrote: »
    What do you consider as single target?

Meteorrush, glacial, piercingwinds are not single target hits only.
    Spear has only one single target spell and thats Farstrike.

Spear - > Spray range AoE's
    Axe - > 360

Ok, I didn't express myself correctly :P

Axe/Hammer has more AoE's to use in most situations, while Spear is forced to use other single target skills while the two skills, Meteor Rush and Farstrike, are in cooldown. Piercing Winds is used too, but it requires an spark, and depending on the situation you may want to save the spark.

PvP, Boss or something like that:

Farstrike -> Meteor Rush -> Cooldown, you need to use more single target skills or use spark skills.

During AoE grinding:

Fan of Flames -> Piercing Winds -> Drake Sweep -> Meteor Rush -> Push back effect will give you the time to finish the cooldown of the previous skills -> Throw in some Farstrike to a mob -> Repeat

While Axe/Hammer can keep the AoE'ing constant.
    sidot wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going straight Axe/Hammer, but when training and selling things, I find most blademasters I see have duel or single swords. I've yet to see some hammers o.O... Is there any particular reason as to why they may have gone on the sword path, becuase from what i've read in the guide, (this is PvE), Axe/Hammer is close to the best at levelling ect. :S

Well, that might be at lower levels, but at higher levels, like 6x+, most Sword users regret going that path and use Axe as a secondary or change totally for Axe/Hammer path, because of the faster leveling.
  • Inflnlty - Heavens Tear
    Inflnlty - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hey,

i'm a low lvl bm going for the axe/hammer path

first of all: Great guide! i might still be a low lvl bm but i was smart enough to educate myself so i don't lose money/sp to skills/stats i don't need. Thanks for that.

Second of all: it's kind of confusing to me but can you tell me wich skills are only for pvp and wich for pve. and also the stat distribution difference between pvp and pve.

Thanks on forehand...
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Both use Heavy Armor = 5 STR.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't spears require more str than heavy armor?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    no :x
    Axes need more str per lvl then spears.
    Back.
  • xingl
    xingl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just wondering.

I'm a swordy, and I've only invested to the few skills recommended, lvl 44

I was wondering at the higher levels what the combo skills would be?

Currently I'm using Spirit Chase/ Drakes Ray and then Aeolian blade.

While my friends Axe build uses a multitude of skills/AoE. I'm feeling left out xD
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    xingl wrote: »
    Just wondering.

I'm a swordy, and I've only invested to the few skills recommended, lvl 44

I was wondering at the higher levels what the combo skills would be?

Currently I'm using Spirit Chase/ Drakes Ray and then Aeolian blade.

While my friends Axe build uses a multitude of skills/AoE. I'm feeling left out xD

To be honest that's pretty much it, unless you're using single blade. Then your move should consist of mainly normal attack, spark, diamond sutra, marrow physical, and the occasional aeolian blade to cancel magic attack. It's true we don't have a lot of combos. I really suggest using aeolian blade first later on because of the mag mob increase; it never hurts to stun first.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Nice guide lyndura ^^ most of the stuff there is very well put, I was planning on writting a guild myself but since you've done it and pretty much covered everything really well I might just cancel the plan or maybe I'll write something different covering another aspect.

+1
    ZzXVdr5.png
    edited January 2009
    Correct the description for Heaven's Flame, there is a translation issue with the skill description in game. It actually amplifies the damage dealt by a certain percentage for 6 seconds.