Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    niagh20 wrote: »
    You just really cant deal with it all can you?

Just stop the attitude and try to help people instead of bragging.

Thank you

I think you're a bit confused, He provided his knowledge. You can take it for what its worth or not that's up to you.

Telling a cocky *** such as mystic to quit the attitude is like tryin to have tea parties on LC server. Just doesn't happen b:bye
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    niagh20 wrote: »
    For real tho, half the time when pandora got asked something by a noob she can easy outsmart him with knowledge.

But when she gets hammered by someone who knows what hes saying or using her own words against her she just cant handle it and can only make a insult.

I been watching this topic for some time now and i think the guide is ok apart from the fact that pandora's "opinion" needs to be put in almost every line, everything she has should be good and the rest shouldnt.

I am a LA mage pandora so dont give me any bull that i say this because i am a pure int. I just consider the fact that you only made this post to brag about your charachter. And if you do wanna do that plz do it somewhere else since no one is really intrested.

So scrap all your thoughts and idea's and just make a guide with information about what each spell or build does for your gameplay and then the players can figure out themselfs what works best.

For now your really annoying me to hell(heaven) and your not making any friends here with your attitude.

Go on and give me a insult as well since you prob cant handle these words either.

Niagh

Who the hell cares? Even with all the hyperbole and etc. thrown in there you can easily make out what he means to say and take it into consideration. At the very least it makes the guide more entertaining to read.

This is a character guide for a "F2P" MMORPG, not a dissertation.

Do you think it makes you look any better to go "Ah HA, I choose to ignore the content of your writing and come here to express nothing else other than my great opinion that I am, indeed, more mature than you!"
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pandora's Box - A Mage's Guide to Cube Of Fate started. Will do more on it when I'm not about to leave for school. I'm about to leave for school. See you guys in 6 hours zzzz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • complexx
    edited January 2009
    lol guide to cube from a person who qq's over it in GC, ****. I do way better then you at cube =3

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    complexx wrote: »
    lol guide to cube from a person who qq's over it in GC, ****. I do way better then you at cube =3

I do way better then you at cube too.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009

Pvp room with nobody to kill 6 runs in a row is ******** q.q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • complexx
    edited January 2009
    I do way better then you at cube too.

Uh ohs grammar police.b:chuckle

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Uh ohs grammar police.b:chuckle

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be carefully scanned for errors before being corrected. =P
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think you're a bit confused, He provided his knowledge. You can take it for what its worth or not that's up to you.

Telling a cocky *** such as mystic to quit the attitude is like tryin to have tea parties on LC server. Just doesn't happen b:bye

rawrrr! whats wrong with tea parties?! b:infuriated
  • complexx
    edited January 2009
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be carefully scanned for errors before being corrected. =P
    Haha, Sure thing.
    rawrrr! whats wrong with tea parties?! b:infuriated
    Nothing if I can have them with you b:chuckle

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    soooo has pandora decided on if hes restatting to full mag at level 90 or not yet?
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    soooo has pandora decided on if hes restatting to full mag at level 90 or not yet?

His last update:

"Pure magic is a joke. I was going to do it in reversel go Light Armour and then switch to Pure at 90(which is usually what people would do, fyi), but..."

Apparently, a Pure only does 200 more PvP damage than him. I've restatted like so:

Hybrid -> Pure -> Light -> Pure

And I've found that the average damage difference in PvP is about 500. I've also compared my damage to other Light Mages, seeing similar results.

Regardless, Light is a decent build and I'm pure Pandora can keep it from being completely obsolete, because everytime he does something everyone will know. So, it gets overhyped, and obviously people are going to play it because a person they respect thinks so much of it.

Perhaps he'll switch to pure one day - who knows. I know he wanted to be Hell before, and he went Heaven anyways... Opinions change, after all. I respect people like that.

In the end, it doesn't even matter, however. What matters is your choice. Both sides are fairly good, and I know I could debate either side. Just ask some people, choose your preference, and set your path.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yes i am curious to find out though o_O also, nobody has stated what level is good to start doing cube of fate because i know aint no lvl 40 gonna handle it <_>
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A level 40 can do the cube with lots of luck, but you will always need a little luck, just a bit less each level. But thats only my opinion, by no means fact.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What the heck is this "Cube of Fate" I hear so much about?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Cube of Fate is a daily repeatable quest blah blah blah read my Cube intro.
    WIL PANDARA MAEK CHANG TO ARKANE ARMER?

No. Robes blow in my opinion. All of my HH90 gear is ready (with the exception of the wrists, QQ) and I have made my choice to stay light.

If I reach level 100, which won't happen, I'll consider restatting. But right now, I'm doing 15-20k to werebeasts, and I really don't see any need to make that higher.

I have updated the heaven/hell section now that I've had a week to experiment with it. I also finally added that character creation section, though it's quite useless and may be removed entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pkvidsfan
    pkvidsfan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hello Pandora will you bring any new PvP-TW/PK soon?
    I want to enjoy new vids!!!b:pleasedb:surrender
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    pkvidsfan wrote: »
    Hello Pandora will you bring any new PvP-TW/PK soon?
    I want to enjoy new vids!!!b:pleasedb:surrender

Yes, actually! I was recording parts of last night's war before the server crash saved GuardianZ. I'll record more tonight and maybe we'll see a video next week (if I find time to put it together...)

I've also been toying with the idea of a new volume of Project Pandora...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've also been toying with the idea of a new volume of Project Pandora...

Make one! I really enjoyed the other ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pkvidsfan
    edited January 2009
    Btw im a big fan from your vids great work they are entertaining like your guides b:pleased Nice ill check RQTheatre every day lol
    Will you make more PK vids too or only this 1 TW?*since you wont play PW that long anymoreb:cold*

& do you think WR can be good at PK? Bad thing is that the most PK is in the air, they still can use the 2 jump-skils but eats alot of vigor.

P.S Do you know why WILLSMITH quit PW? He learned me that LA Fox can rule at PvP and now i rule at my serverb:thanks
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    What are you talking about? Aion isn't coming out any time soon. I still have months and months of PWI... The main thing holding me back is that my harddrive is tiny and I need to get a new one. I didn't realize how full it was, a video probably won't happen any time soon.

WR can PK but they're not great at it. Ranged dominates PK.

WILLSMITH quit PW for the same reason the rest of us did. MY-EN was laggy and crappy and corrupt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pkvidsfan
    edited February 2009
    Ok, I'm looking forward to your new video releases.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    pkvidsfan wrote: »

P.S Do you know why WILLSMITH quit PW? He learned me that LA Fox can rule at PvP and now i rule at my serverb:thanks

It's a shame. Despite all the loldrama with CQ vs RQ, I still watch those vids and the "I, Werefox" one was actually a big part of the decision to make this character my main. b:surrender
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    So, me and 3 others just beat the living **** out of full party of CQ 9X at Undines.

What I can tell you about light at 90:

*I have 4.7k hp without buffs.
    *I have 6083 HP with werebeast buff.
    *Without buffs and with earth barrier, I have 58% physical reduction, 58% fire, wood and lightning, with slightly higher water (helm of aqua viciousness) and way higher earth (barrier, dur)
    *With just priest buffs and earth barrier, I have 64% physical reduction and 66% elementals.
    *With warrior buff, I believe it ends up at 68% physical. Not 100% sure on that.
    *Yoshiki (9X archer con archer with WAY plussed up 90 HH bow) hits me for 800 with stunshot, normal shots 400-600 normal shots.
    *Diego (9X dex archer with +3 HH90 bow) hits me for the same damage.
    *Phoenixes before level 95 ripping bite me for about 900 damage - which is basically nonfactor.
    *Llama, a 9X devil mage ROBES hits me for 1300 damage with sandstorm. I hit him for 1200 with Stone Rain. This is with a +3 HH80 sword.
    *I still oneshot people and I don't even have my HH90 quoit on.

I am now fully convinced that robes suck balls and light is the way to go. I am able to tank two archers and, if I can go long enough without being stunned, pop one of them and blink away from the other before dying... Essentially meaning I am able to fight 2 9X archers (buffed on both sides), kill one, and escape intact.

The damage that Haiz and Llama, 2 9X robe mages do to me is pathetic. Judging by the amount they do to me compared to what I do to them, I'd have to say we hit for the same amount of damage.

Robe is **** and so is full int.

Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WerewovenRAM - Lost City
    WerewovenRAM - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have a heavy mage lvl85 on MY-EN and a light mage lvl55 (yes I've made it that far and I'm going demon for the crits which will be very useful and I still play on the crappy laggy sh.it but that's why I joined international). I've decided to take mage class up again but this time go pure magic. Stupid enough at lvl3 I've already increased int by 9 and str by 1 but now I guess light would be best way to go since I'm on the PvP server. What can I do to go back to light build quick and easy? or at least efficiently
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I have a heavy mage lvl85 on MY-EN and a light mage lvl55 (yes I've made it that far and I'm going demon for the crits which will be very useful and I still play on the crappy laggy sh.it but that's why I joined international). I've decided to take mage class up again but this time go pure magic. Stupid enough at lvl3 I've already increased int by 9 and str by 1 but now I guess light would be best way to go since I'm on the PvP server. What can I do to go back to light build quick and easy? or at least efficiently

I played full int to make the early levels go by faster, started putting points into dex around 40, and by 60 could wear light armor molders of my level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Guide updated with my analysis of HH90 light armor (and how overpowered endgame light mages are - it's about time our class gets what we deserve) as well as a small update to the territory war section and some minor notes here and there.

Resuming work on Pandora's Box soon, when I stop being pissed at how much of it the forum deleted for no reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey pandora, remember when we argued mages suck vs me saying end game they own? i accept your appoligy, lol, now make up your damn mind rofl, first u go heaven, now your not going to restat, but yea, ive got to compare gear for myself before i reroll, might do it when ive got tt la available, but right now, it dosnt make a difference at my level, i still get 1 shot either way :D
  • xeron66
    xeron66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u do know that a robe mage with hh90 can get 60% reduced p dmg quite easilly in pvp and over 5k hp, but they dont depend on crits to kill ppl.
    i for 1 want a consistent dmg rather than praying for lky shots
    just my 2 cents
    Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot...
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xeron66 wrote: »
    u do know that a robe mage with hh90 can get 60% reduced p dmg quite easilly in pvp and over 5k hp, but they dont depend on crits to kill ppl.
    i for 1 want a consistent dmg rather than praying for lky shots
    just my 2 cents

After joining blt and gaining quite a bit of pvp knowledge, I've come to accept that a mage who can crit > mage who can tick hieros.
    Without a crit, all we're capable of doing is ticking hieros mainly because our skills take a crapload of time to channel compared to other classes.

Except those weaker archers of course. Undine strike + sandstorm one hits them b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.