Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://i43.tinypic.com/350rqew.jpg

They see me oneshottin', they hatin', rerollin'...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Damn, you just raised my spirits all over again as a mage..
    I'm so close to getting undine strike, and I'm f'in hopin I can deal that damage in due time too.

I almost believed that being a mage was gonna doom me for pvp.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    how do you go from such little numbers like 1-200 to 17k?? that confuses me :|

sorry 1-2k, only that 1 was 100. but even still, 17k after a 100... o.o
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    did you not see the big red words stating "CRITICAL!"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    streaker wrote: »
    how do you go from such little numbers like 1-200 to 17k?? that confuses me :|

sorry 1-2k, only that 1 was 100. but even still, 17k after a 100... o.o

The 100 was undine strike. It deals a tiny amount of damage but lowers the enemy's resistances by 60% for 12 seconds.
    That's why sandstorm becomes pretty creepy after b:victory
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    The 100 was undine strike. It deals a tiny amount of damage but lowers the enemy's resistances by 60% for 12 seconds.
    That's why sandstorm becomes pretty creepy after b:victory

That was stone rain.

By the way, if you look at the screen, I'm in heaven fury but I'm not buffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    u show off like only you can 1 shot peoples :o everyone can 1 shoot fyi b:victory

yeah guys keep on listening to him, do exactly same build like pandora and own like your uber pr0 master prundora. Hes so pro, he outdamage robe wizards cause he has 3% more crit sacrifying 120+ int :o His survivability is way much higher than robe wiz cause he has 7% more pdef reduction which is like 70 dmg per archers hit, thats alot!

undine + dragon + triple fury + chocolate on wb

GG
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    u show off like only you can 1 shot peoples :o everyone can 1 shoot fyi b:victory

yeah guys keep on listening to him, do exactly same build like pandora and own like your uber pr0 master prundora. Hes so pro, he outdamage robe wizards cause he has 3% more crit sacrifying 120+ int :o His survivability is way much higher than robe wiz cause he has 7% more pdef reduction which is like 70 dmg per archers hit, thats alot!

undine + dragon + triple fury + chocolate on wb

GG

There's no chocolate in that screenshot, rofl...

http://i44.tinypic.com/331qhig.png

You're an idiot.

I cast one little stone rain and Schooled got scared, and said "I'm rerolling with my auntie and uncle in GZ."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In my opinion I have read all that Pandora has had to say and have still chosen the arcane/pure path. If I were however on the PvP server I would not. In fact when I roll a character on the PvP server it will not even be a wizard! Based on what I have read in all other sections of the forums and deduced from ecatombs skill tables the wizard regardless of being robed or light lacks the offensive punch to make up for its low pdef/hp.

In other games a glass cannon is exactly that. It may die easy but it can kill you just as easy. In my opinion Heavy and Light have too much mdef. Another alternative is to give wizards a fast cast stun with a semi decent% e.g. reduce the chanelling time of hailstorm and increase its base (non sage/demon) stun % to 60-70%. Make wizards fearful. Give classes a reason to really target wizards other than as a means to rack up easy kills.

Other games do it. The problem with most mmo players is they are so fast to cry nerf as soon as they think they can't handle a class and the mage class is usually the class to get hurt. Pure mages should be rewaded for their efforts by being able to dish out damage unmatched by even a LA build. Not a lousy 200-500 damage difference but huge enough difference to make going pure worth the effort. When LAs can come onto the forums boasting about being able to do almost as much damage as pure and outdamaging them due to criting more often then the balance of power is shifted.

The question should never be pure or LA? The question should be how many do I kill today before they get me down.
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    Ok Pandora, lets say hypothetically, we make the combo with crit

Wellspring quaff buff on, cast manifest virtue, undine strike, then a quick spell, like stone rain... would that drastically increase that 17k due to the wellspring+manifest combo or how would that work out? (If 1 could get that full combo off, and still get that lucky crit at the same time) LA or robe
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Well maybe there were no chocolate, w/e
    But don't feel so special, 17 k damage isn't much at all... Tripe fury... Crit, undine... Max dragon... On heavy user... LAWL
    I think now i could do like 9k crit with my lvl 7 dragon double fury and crit... on heavy user O_o
    Today i did 4 k on buffed fsweet with tempest, wchich isn't good for heavies (it suck actually for wbs cause my damage is allmost halved) O_o and im only 77 small weak pure wiz O_o
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    streaker wrote: »
    Ok Pandora, lets say hypothetically, we make the combo with crit

Wellspring quaff buff on, cast manifest virtue, undine strike, then a quick spell, like stone rain... would that drastically increase that 17k due to the wellspring+manifest combo or how would that work out? (If 1 could get that full combo off, and still get that lucky crit at the same time) LA or robe

It would raise the damage considerably. The problem with int builds lategame, however, is that more damage is USELESS.

I'm doing 17k in fury without buffs with a **** hh80 sword +3.

In 80% I get a +8 hh90 quoit with perfect gems, which would have skyrocketed that damage to 22k+.

Why the **** do you need to do damage like that? Its pointless.

If I had a fury crit like that with my hh90 wep, and I was buffed, I'd do 20k+. Why the hell would you want to do more? You can do 20K or you can do 80K but either way your target is dead. Don't waste stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Lol... PvP depending on crit, 4 bars of chi and chi pills is a fail u know?
    What if you don't crit? What if you just tempested cleric and you don't have pills?
    Ure screwed, cause u cant kill anything with your 290 int. Your holy fail LA build (who the hell making heaven la, only rq...) wont save you since your survivability is not too high, as i said before 70 damage less per hit wont save your ****
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    Pandora, because I want the others to have a chance to feel what I feel, lol.

Ive been crit before hard enough to kill me 4 times over in a single shot, whist I do like 200-2k in tws. (a crappy basic weapon, only 1 knotch up from merchant gear)

Im one of the lower lvls in my faction, and we tw against other higher lvl factions, so im not much use >.<

its not that i hate being a wiz, i knew from the start i would be a target, i just want to be able to turn the tables once in a while, they hit me hard enough to kill me twice, i hit them hard enough to kill them thrice, that alone would make my day as noobish as that may be.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Well maybe there were no chocolate, w/e
    But don't feel so special, 17 k damage isn't much at all... Tripe fury... Crit, undine... Max dragon... On heavy user... LAWL
    I think now i could do like 9k crit with my lvl 7 dragon double fury and crit... on heavy user O_o
    Today i did 4 k on buffed fsweet with tempest, wchich isn't good for heavies (it suck actually for wbs cause my damage is allmost halved) O_o and im only 77 small weak pure wiz O_o

Why do you keep saying max dragon?
    It was a friggen stone rain -.-
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    What if you don't crit? What if you just tempested cleric and you don't have pills?
    Ure screwed, cause u cant kill anything with your 290 int. Your holy fail LA build (who the hell making heaven la, only rq...) wont save you since your survivability is not too high, as i said before 70 damage less per hit wont save your ****

1) I WILL crit, 1/9 of my spells crits according to probability.
    2) If I didn't crit, I would have done 8.5k. Oh noes, ill never kill anyone!
    3) It was stone rain you ****, not dragon.
    4) Do you see chi pills being used? Why the hell would I have to? Stone rain is a skill you acquire BEFORE YOU GET A CHI BAR.

Jesus christ, calm down with your 7x fury. You're a lowbie, you don't understand anything, take it easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009

1) I WILL crit, 1/9 of my spells crits according to probability.
    2) If I didn't crit, I would have done 8.5k. Oh noes, ill never kill anyone!
    3) It was stone rain you ****, not dragon.
    4) Do you see chi pills being used? Why the hell would I have to? Stone rain is a skill you acquire BEFORE YOU GET A CHI BAR.

Jesus christ, calm down with your 7x fury. You're a lowbie, you don't understand anything, take it easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Why the **** do you need to do damage like that? Its pointless.
    So you can one-shot without spark/crit.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    So you can one-shot without spark/crit.

I can do that to archers, wrs, and light armor foxes priests and mages.

Full int cannt kill robes any better than I can, and they cannot oneshot anything I can't with the extra 200 damage they get from being a oneshot.

Only way any mage can kill a wb of their level is with a crit, or a spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pandora is a god among mages ^.^
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can do that to archers, wrs, and light armor foxes priests and mages.

Full int cannt kill robes any better than I can, and they cannot oneshot anything I can't with the extra 200 damage they get from being a oneshot.

Only way any mage can kill a wb of their level is with a crit, or a spark.

Extra 500 damage*. The damage test was performed again by myself and various others, and I have dddddfunLOL saying he/she performed more damage tests, and 500 seems to be the lucky number. I restatted back to pure to test it, and I find it true as well.I went vit-pure-light-pure. It is a 500 damage difference in low 8x. It's higher as you level, of course.

And light mages only kill WBs with crit and spark. Or crit and sutra. Rather than either/or. Gotta take both sides to heart.

Anyhow, glad you think Heaven Mage is the better choice too =p.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would be, except you picked heaven, lololol.
    Heaven is useless on a mage. I have werefoxes in my guild. Period.

Heaven is just... ****. You do it for vigor but you don't even get that much vigor compared. Instead you lose the 50% bonus on earth barrier, you lose the casting speed bonuses (which are why you go Devil - not the damage bonus, which you are right about for once), and you get laughed at for the rest of your mage career for being an idiot.

In Conqueror, where there's no such thing as teamwork, I can understand. But in a real guild, foxes send vigor to mages, and we don't need angel :3

So pandora, out of all curiosity, why did you choose heaven?
    I mean, you were so outrageously against it.
    Why did you change your mind?
  • Chaosteve - Heavens Tear
    Chaosteve - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ummm just to throw a correction, Light armor wiz dont get 3% crit rate, atm i got 8% and im going for 11% that is my goal.

And yes we can 1hit ko mostly without the sparks since we do crits b:laugh

but dont rely on too much crit chance, hence thats when ur Light armor def or ur armors HP boosts and gems comes in to survive and fight fight fight.

Happy PW and enjoy ^_^
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009

The vigor slaves formed a union by the looks of it.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009

RageQuit is famous for being a guild full of trolls - figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pandora is mean!
  • niagh20
    niagh20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    For real tho, half the time when pandora got asked something by a noob she can easy outsmart him with knowledge.

But when she gets hammered by someone who knows what hes saying or using her own words against her she just cant handle it and can only make a insult.

I been watching this topic for some time now and i think the guide is ok apart from the fact that pandora's "opinion" needs to be put in almost every line, everything she has should be good and the rest shouldnt.

I am a LA mage pandora so dont give me any bull that i say this because i am a pure int. I just consider the fact that you only made this post to brag about your charachter. And if you do wanna do that plz do it somewhere else since no one is really intrested.

So scrap all your thoughts and idea's and just make a guide with information about what each spell or build does for your gameplay and then the players can figure out themselfs what works best.

For now your really annoying me to hell(heaven) and your not making any friends here with your attitude.

Go on and give me a insult as well since you prob cant handle these words either.

Niagh
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    niagh20 wrote: »
    For real tho, half the time when pandora got asked something by a noob she can easy outsmart him with knowledge.

But when she gets hammered by someone who knows what hes saying or using her own words against her she just cant handle it and can only make a insult.

I been watching this topic for some time now and i think the guide is ok apart from the fact that pandora's "opinion" needs to be put in almost every line, everything she has should be good and the rest shouldnt.

I am a LA mage pandora so dont give me any bull that i say this because i am a pure int. I just consider the fact that you only made this post to brag about your charachter. And if you do wanna do that plz do it somewhere else since no one is really intrested.

So scrap all your thoughts and idea's and just make a guide with information about what each spell or build does for your gameplay and then the players can figure out themselfs what works best.

For now your really annoying me to hell(heaven) and your not making any friends here with your attitude.

Go on and give me a insult as well since you prob cant handle these words either.

Niagh

Beware the nonfactor fury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009

*** heaven mage.b:dirty
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • niagh20
    niagh20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009

You just really cant deal with it all can you?

Just stop the attitude and try to help people instead of bragging.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.