Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    HP shards.

Pretty much everyone will tell you the exact same thing.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This might be kind of a strange question, but has anyone ever tried to blink TOWARDS an archer to get into their minimum range so their damage gets a huge cut?

I mean, I guess they can push you back their own repelling skill, but say that you blink into their min, they repel you, you FoW, then run back into minimum and caste Sandstorm?

I'm kinda newb at this game still, so if I'm getting this all wrong, please tell me :)

I'm probably not going to do much PvP, but I always find it fun to do some theorycraft.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes thats what smart mage will do if you run away your a moron. Oh and knockback doesnt work in pvp.

@dixienormous hp shards is what most mages throw into their la
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yep, jump right towards them, then nuke them. Pisses them off too when all of sudden you are laughing off their attacks
    b:bye
  • Evoken - Heavens Tear
    Evoken - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just went LA it freaking owns, survived so many encounters in TW
    No matter how strong, for a human to fight a monster means he has submerged his humanity and transformed himself into a greater monster - Berserk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

myspace.com/divinedoppleganger
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yah know. I used to think Pandora was just some punk kid with more like minded evil losers to boss around than anyone should ever have... but upon reading this guide it turns out he actually has a clue.

Props on the guide. I actually have a shred of respect for you now... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There's no doubt Pandoras a great leader.
    But their reputation on the servers only turned bad because some (which even they say they laugh at) of their members pk very low levels.

Anyhow DiFiore, blinking into an archer is actually a very good idea.
    Becareful of their winged attacks though, those hurt.
    Knockbacks don't work in pvp, so you're safe from their knockbacks.

But know your distances well, or you might blink overboard or not close enough and get yourself killed =)
  • Chaosteve - Heavens Tear
    Chaosteve - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yep yep HP shards Ftk !!!
    and also dont worry for TT70 armor set, it sux for wizards or other spell casters, go for like Pants of hades,armor of greiving sorrow,boots of tiger strength and blood fang bracers (all legendary items with 1% reduce dmg pys and hp boosts), these are wat i use for pvp :) the TT armor sets got Evasion boosts which arnt good for pvp against spell casters ^^
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This might be kind of a strange question, but has anyone ever tried to blink TOWARDS an archer to get into their minimum range so their damage gets a huge cut?

I mean, I guess they can push you back their own repelling skill, but say that you blink into their min, they repel you, you FoW, then run back into minimum and caste Sandstorm?

I'm kinda newb at this game still, so if I'm getting this all wrong, please tell me :)

I'm probably not going to do much PvP, but I always find it fun to do some theorycraft.

winged pledge and wingspan(both pys dmg skills archers have) 5 meter range so dont blink towards an archer ^^
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    wenh93 wrote: »
    winged pledge and wingspan(both pys dmg skills archers have) 5 meter range so dont blink towards an archer ^^
    Normal shots and other skills are worse..
  • imrichbioch
    imrichbioch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can someone tell me if the light build is meant to be used with the light armor? What about the arcane armor?
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The comments to 1-3 EPIC WIN!!!! LOL!!!! LAUGHING MY **** OFF WHEN I SAW THOSE!!

Nice guide btw.
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Can someone tell me if the light build is meant to be used with the light armor? What about the arcane armor?

Yes, light build is light armor. Arcane would be for people that are Pure magic or some sort of hybrid build
  • j4ck4l
    j4ck4l Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you can't be a wizard and "not suck on it" wizards is failed class.

go and make a guide on something else.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    j4ck4l wrote: »

shut up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pandora owns b:victory

But Envy hates her so they should have a lightsaber duel just like Anikan and Obi-Wan X]
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • $ian - Lost City
    $ian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    j4ck4l wrote: »

You probably tried to play Wizard and failed at it. That you are to noob to play a Wizard succesfuly doesn't mean that all of us fail at it.

So, go away. b:pleased
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Call me an idiot but:

One of the major compliments I got on my archer guide was how in depth I was about the skills, and I plan to do the same right here for us mages.

I cannot find such a guide. PW-MY forums perhaps, or am I just blind?

Great guide Pandora. Rolled a mage for the hell of it and am enjoying the lowbie levels quite a bit. Looking forward to the challenge to come, and to seeing this spoken-of archer guide. You might be an ****, but you're a kickass ****, and you run a kickass guild, and for that I respect ya. b:victory
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    "Ambition's PVP/PK Archer Guide" in google will get you there. Link to the one on this forum: Click
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Fantastic. Thanks much, got 'em both.
  • Raiyax - Lost City
    Raiyax - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Awesome guide. b:victory
    So, for my build I've been doing this every 2 lvls: INT+8, VIT+1, STR+1
    So far the build is pretty good and working well. Most of the time I kill off mobs the same lvl as me before they touch me. So, I'm pretty much looking for suggestions and advice about this build. Should I keep goin on or go Full INT Wiz?
    Thnx for any advice. b:bye
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Personally i don't think the Vit will do you much good long run, but at early levels while you get the hang of your char it may be useful. I built my vit early and then restattted it back in to magic once i felt i knew how to play my char and had a large variety of spells to avoid getting hit. If you don't anticipate being able to restat due to lack of in game money later on or unwillingness to spend in cash shop i would stop with the vit now. having 20 or 30 vit won't kill you, it just won't really help you either later on
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Awesome guide. b:victory
    So, for my build I've been doing this every 2 lvls: INT+8, VIT+1, STR+1
    So far the build is pretty good and working well. Most of the time I kill off mobs the same lvl as me before they touch me. So, I'm pretty much looking for suggestions and advice about this build. Should I keep goin on or go Full INT Wiz?
    Thnx for any advice. b:bye

The general rule is "full int if you're not PVPing." The survivability is acceptable with robes (and even "good" lategame, where all the mobs are magic...) and the extra damage will help you to level faster.

If you start focusing on PVP, that would be the time to reconsider your build and maybe make the move to light.

Now...

Quite a few people have **** bricks, but yes, I went Heaven. There are a number of reasons for this choice, but basically, which you choose (sage/devil) boils down to personal preference. In my eyes, because of stone rain and the chi skill, Heaven is superior to Hell when the only skills you can mod are the first three. This is obviously up for debate and always will be, but I have chosen heaven because I like the mod for stone rain and if I ever make it to 99 I'll also like the mod for distance shrink and Wellspring Quaff... If by some miracle the Wellspring Quaff description is accurate and the +100% matk bonus is for the full duration of the buff (and not 15 seconds like the devil version's description is). I somehow really doubt that to be the case, though.

Devil is surely not without it's advantages, however. Devil Fury Burst/Chi Spark/Big Glowy Red Cone/Whatever is fearsome, adding the +700% matk that the Holy version does but also tacking on a whopping +25% channeling speed, which is nothing to scoff at. The Heaven fury burst adds -25% damage taken but to be honest, it's barely noticable in PVP and shouldn't really be relied on. I heaven burst when I have multiple targets that I feel I can take out quickly, because I find using sutra on multiple targets is a waste (it runs out too fast.) Keep in mind that both bursts are pretty **** unless nobody has noticed you because as soon as you burst you get stunned/slept/sealed and ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Judging from the descriptions of other versions of the game, Pandora, Wellspring Quaff's +100% magic attack duration is 15 seconds, just like its demon counter part for -channeling speed.
  • Pkmage - Lost City
    Pkmage - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pandora, great guide. Bad luck with the TW tho, CQ are first and BLT second. At least you can beat WolfBlade though, but thats not really an accomplishment.
  • Raiyax - Lost City
    Raiyax - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thnx Pandora and VonTerror for the advice and suggestions. b:victory
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    HOOOLY MAGEEEEEEEEEEE
    sucks

I wonder if this rings a bell any. I guess too many venos left RQ so he doesn't have anymore vigor slaves.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This game sucks!
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I wonder if this rings a bell any. I guess too many venos left RQ so he doesn't have anymore vigor slaves.

Let's review:
    By the way, how do you like my fairy? Jealous much Pandorun?
    I would be, except you picked heaven, lololol.

and finally, perhaps the best of all:
    It just annoys me when people try to justify stupidity.
    &
    Heaven is useless on a mage.

I wonder what it feels like to do such a big U-turn that you can turn your head that little bit more and see your own ****.
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At lvl 100 you get a skill that increases your Mag. Damage by a specific % depending on your maximum mana, and as a Pure INT you will have a lot more mana than a Light Wizard, therefore the damage difference between a Light Armor Wizard and a Pure INT Wizard will be by a lot.

All Wizards have to do is hit a Archer once to kill them, do you honestly believe they can survive this kind of damage?
    You dont need to run from archers, you put them to sleep and 1 hit them.b:bye

pqobd89301b32202f93af1fhh8.jpg

Zanko~

I think most people have already said that restating to Arcane after level 90 is a good idea, just that LA helps a lot from 70-89 or something if you want to TW and PvP.
This discussion has been closed.