Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is there a list by level for LA stat reqs somewhere. In the barbarian guide there is a list for HVY and axe stat reqs. If there is a list that I could see for LA that some one can link me that would be awesome.

http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php?pw=pwi
  • Frostburn - Lost City
    Frostburn - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Maybe you can share the real Blade Tempest damage formula Pandora? I've read alot on this forum but I haven't seen it anywhere. Maybe I missed it, I'm tired...
  • MindFlayer - Lost City
    MindFlayer - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Good info thanks.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think if a 9x mages somehow manage to get the demon earth barrier scroll, then there isnt much to fear from physical damage. Esp since the 9x gear gives you good hp. I think if you get the right gear, you can get up to 80 free con without using pts. But thats if you get acrobatics. LA would get the the same but instead of Mag they get Dex.

Anyway, while LA helps you survive physical, you are weakened to elemental attacks. Archers will do more damage to you with their metal attacks, Clerics have more options against you, other mages may terrorize you, Veno's hurt you more and their phoenix still destroys you with FR/RB, and WB/WR with elemental shards and remedies can hurt you more. As an LA you may have to rely on crits to do massive damage. At 9x you have 5% base crit (unless you get more dex, then 6) Just a few % more than a normal mage, if you feel that's worth having for low dmg in exchange for a chance to crit a bit more. LA mages do have weakness in exchange for more physical defence. Also, don't count on the build to save you if you suck at playing mage. Listen to Pandora's guide and I think you will be okay though.

So basically, choose based on your play style and what you are afraid of most. And do some research ahead to see which one you will survive with better. And also keep in mind, you will still need decent gear and mods as LA to survive or otherwise, you're mage in archer's clothing.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Also Pandora is right, as full int mage, you will need really good gear to survive in PvP and PvE as well. Our health bonus is really terrible. We only get 20hp at level up I think and 10 as a bonus from con/vit. Get any gears with HP/Phys.Def/Phys.Reduction %/Vit (arguable). Do not worry about Mag bonus, those are a + if you can get those with those 3.

C:
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Seeing how a full int mage has a huge amount of magic anyways, of course +magic isn't as important. Without +magic equip, we're already powerhouses. Now all we need is survivability, which is why there are LA builds out there.

I started as a full int mage, probably will stay that way, but I can definitely say LA mages are very powerful.
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    also for leveling,

solo : robes >>>> LA (most mobs at higher level, unless u go really close to them, have magic attacks for range, and u have better dps on robes than LA).

Zhen : LA < Robes (u still kill faster but u steal the agro and can die much easier than LA).
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2cqbh4p.jpg

couple questions about this..

1. is this after u used undine strike?
    2. followed up by a stone rain?
    3.1 shot(after undine)?
    4 lvl of VVarrior?
    5. ignored charm?

b:shocked
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wenh93 wrote: »
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2cqbh4p.jpg

couple questions about this..

1. is this after u used undine strike?
    2. followed up by a stone rain?
    3.1 shot(after undine)?
    4 lvl of VVarrior?
    5. ignored charm?

b:shocked

VVarrior takes 189 damage. (This is Undine Strike)
    VVarrior takes 3377 damage. (This is a non-critical sandstorm)
    VVarrior takes 5179. (This is a critical stone rain.)

Wasn't a oneshot, just a hard hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Rathi - Sanctuary
    Rathi - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not to derail, but what is the setting to make it show your hp/mp above your heard; similar to the screenshots of Pandora?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Not to derail, but what is the setting to make it show your hp/mp above your heard; similar to the screenshots of Pandora?

Click where it says "HP" and "MP" right next to your HP/MP bars. Works for exp too but nobody cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Pandora im catching you in levels......does that mean I am a carebear or your just too violent? One thing about full int really quick.....finding good 3* gear after about level 77 has been VERY difficult. I had no problem full int finding good gear so I didnt get owned by melee classes/archers. But now I cannot find gear that is better than stuff I am wearing from like 15 levels ago. Its not a money issue its a rarity issue. Anyways might wanna add that to the guide for full ints saying good luck in finding gear past level 75 thats worth a damn.
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    In PW there is something called crafting... 80-90 just want to do it as fast as can . get good water gear and grind .. grind .. and more grind.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Pandora im catching you in levels......does that mean I am a carebear or your just too violent? One thing about full int really quick.....finding good 3* gear after about level 77 has been VERY difficult. I had no problem full int finding good gear so I didnt get owned by melee classes/archers. But now I cannot find gear that is better than stuff I am wearing from like 15 levels ago. Its not a money issue its a rarity issue. Anyways might wanna add that to the guide for full ints saying good luck in finding gear past level 75 thats worth a damn.

It means I work 13 hour days and don't have time to grind anymore. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008

actually the later you start into the server the easier it is to find good gear

Know what we did when we started on this server? we crafted EVERYTHING. alot of it was 1 star hammers with +magic (see all of Midnights crafts until 60)
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ****. 8:30 am read thru all of your post / fail flames.

Good guide makes me want to play a mage :p
    Too bad im a RQ stunbot T_T

Funny how most time you try to put something nice out for the kiddies people hate.

@ who ever said "Can you make a guide for 1 shotting deity"
    Rofl.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hey pandora why dont you post a few strategies to use against the different classes, like wizard vs... That would be cool.b:thanks
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Hey pandora why dont you post a few strategies to use against the different classes, like wizard vs... That would be cool.b:thanks

Ah, that is missing. I'll think about it.

I'm not too hot on 1 vs 1 strategy because mage is the worst 1 on 1 class in the game. Our class is focused on mass PVP. But I may consider adding a "Class Counters" section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ah, that is missing. I'll think about it.

I'm not too hot on 1 vs 1 strategy because mage is the worst 1 on 1 class in the game. Our class is focused on mass PVP. But I may consider adding a "Class Counters" section.

Yeah I like the guide, just wanted to see some situational dos donts and survival percentage and basic strategy lol ive only pvped up to lvl 51 on my cleric. I got bored of same combos with the few attacking spells they got. b:shocked
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What weapons do you suggest or are a "must" for Light Armor build past level 70+?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    What weapons do you suggest or are a "must" for Light Armor build past level 70+?

Sayakumi's Light is a solid choice but better suited to robe mages because of the pdef mod. I just used the Endless Ambiguity line from 60 to 80 because... All of the gear I get goes to my guild, my gear is utter ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ragazzel - Lost City
    Ragazzel - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    what are your thoughts on the weapon: Requiem Blade?
  • Crimzaelus - Sanctuary
    Crimzaelus - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was wondering if there is a level that I should start re-statting to LA.
    Cuz I'm in my 4x right now, playing Pure-Int.

As I have no idea when I should switch to LA?
    Does it depend on personal preference?
    Just do it whenever? Or should I wait til 6x or 7x?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009

If you're 4X now it's a good time to start holding off on mag and instead putting points toward your light build. By mid 50s you should have enough points into str and dex to equip light armor of your level.

If you can wait longer, well, do it. There's really no need to rush into light armor on Sanctuary, which is a PVE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It means I work 13 hour days and don't have time to grind anymore. Lol.

Hey player i work 13 hour shifts 15 days a month. I work the panama schedule 2-3-3-2! Hence my long time to reply. Seems im stuck at 82 though!!!!
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2009

It really depends on what you plan on doing with your character, if you never plan on TW or PvP then dont bother with LA at all. That's my opinion anyhow. Grinding in LA just isn't fun when you've tasted the power of full Int.

I restatted to LA at 81 but I'm pretty much just in it for the weekly TWs, I only really have time for dailys and the occasional fishing party at the moment. But when I do grind on land mobs for quests I do notice the difference in killing speed.
    I like pie
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Hey player i work 13 hour shifts 15 days a month.

And... I work 13 hour days. Every time I work. 5 days a week. That's 20 days a month. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xdarksolx
    xdarksolx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Where do you guys work with 13 hour days???
  • flyingchinaman
    flyingchinaman Posts: 1
    edited January 2009
    Hi. I'm new on this job. I'm currently lvl 16 with lvl 4 pyrogram, lvl 3 gush and stone rain, and lvl 2 stone barrier. Also I have one pyroshell and one glacial embrace. Can someone please tell me all the skills a wizard should max and skills to avoid getting/stay at lvl 1? Thanksss
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is from another thread:
    For PvE, I would max the following;
    Pyrogram
    Gush
    Stone Rain
    Earth Barrier
    Glacial Embrace (optional)
    Sandstorm
    Divine Pyrogram
    Wellspring Quaff level 5
    Essential Sutra
    Masteries (after everything else)

from there I'd move onto pvp skills
    Blade Tempest/Black Ice Dragon Strike/Mountain's Seize
    Will of the Phoenix (Close range only)
    Glacial Snare
    Force of Will.

Also, Spark Eruption is a very cheap little skill to get and has its uses.
This discussion has been closed.