Comprehensive Venomancer Guide

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If you're going for the light armor build, make sure your dex and str are 4 points above your level, while your Mag should be 3 times your level. If you're going heavy armor, look at state requirements for the armor you want to wear to see what kind of dex you need. If you're not either of those two builds, I'd stay away from dex entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Rename the Crystals into Magmites and the Lodge into Firecrag Grotto. Its all diffrent in this version.
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • samsung18
    samsung18 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    what about my vit mine is 17 should i leave it forever?
  • samsung18
    edited December 2008
    but my str is way too much because the armors i dont need str for a long time
  • samsung18
    edited December 2008
    also im making another vernomance and this time its going pure mag and some str no vit and dex is that also good?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, that's the standard build. Also, try to stay away from triple posting ~.~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samsung18
    edited December 2008
    my bad what is your build and the best?
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    My build is light armor. I can't say for sure what build is the best, everything ends up being personal preference. If there were one "best" build, everyone would just play that and there would be no need for people to create so many others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiratsukasa
    kiratsukasa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When you said it works like a Pokemon system, with the lower-level-the-stronger statement, it's not exactly true. I won't go into detail here since this isn't the right game, but that's not how it works in Pokemon. Search any Pokemon forum for EV Training and you'll see why.

Other than that, great guide. It'll help me out with my fox girl.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    Eh. I don't care enough to. It's close enough to being true, and even if there's some kind of new "higher level you catch = higher stat" pokemon out there, it won't really change the main point of my guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there a page-link or image of all the Veno skills and Pet skills, so i can study and look at them out of game ?
    Maybe its allready been posted but i cud not find it ?

thx
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    Check Venomancer tab to find Venomancer skills.
    You can check the pet skills at Mrs.Zoologist, one of her options brings up the pet skill tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yes thx alot , i remember this site from some time, but is it me or does this not work, i can click the image but nothing changes, i see only the chages for venomous scarab, and no other info on the veno tree other skills ??
    Does it work with any1 ? Maybe its flash, i am at work-windows-middle-ages version-2000-IE6
    thx again tho
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • jingoku
    jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    That particular page only seems to function properly in Firefox from what I've seen.
  • XxRHONX_xX - Sanctuary
    XxRHONX_xX - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just a question if u have a venomancer taht has a high magic and wears robes .is it possible to become a fox sometimes..is it good to start putting strenght in now to become a hybrid or is it a complete waste ....pls answer..!!!idont know what to do!b:shocked
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    The standard build is to go high magic decent con and ignore fox form entirely. I'd recommend leveling fox form either way, as it'll help you get out of tight spots.

I wouldn't try to become a hybrid human and fox form user if you're using robes. Fox form, even with the increased defenses, still sucks with robe defenses at melee range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dungo
    dungo Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hey :) I have some questions:

* What weapon is the best to wear? Magic Sword, Wand, Staff or Glaive thing?

* Should you buy Spark Eruption?
    It cost 18 spirit, 23 gold.
    You use 1 spark to get 200% extra magic attack from weapons and 150% extra physical for 10 seconds. You're 1 second invisible after discharge.

I'm a light armor fox and completely following your guide :)
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It doesn't really matter what weapon you pick. May wanna stay away from Patakas though, str req on those is too high. Also, some people dislike the damage of Glaives, because it can go either really high or really low. Magic Swords and Staves are commonly used.
    Yes, buy Spark Eruption. Great for PvP and bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dungo
    edited February 2009
    Well what does senovit say? Since i'm following his guide :S

srry andracil :P i dont mean it offensive or something!
  • senovit
    edited February 2009
    What level are you dungo? If you're not at the level for tt weapons, just grab any quest reward/3star weapon you happen to find. After that, here's what I'd recommend:
    Level 60, HH green sword. It's your only option.
    Level 70, HH green wand. Better damage than either of the other two swords.
    Level 80, HH green wheel. Superior damage, etc. etc.
    Level 90, HH green crit sword or HH green wheel. Wheel has better overall damage, but you may prefer crit. The wheel will be easier to make too, as you'd already have the hh80 green wheel, while the hh90 green crit sword would require you to use the level 60 hh green sword and build up to 70, 80, and then finally 90.

HH70 green wand and HH80 green wheel don't require anything lower level to create them.

Golds are of course, better usually, but you may not want to waste that amount of money on them. The list above is the path I followed though.

Oh, and HH = TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what weapon you pick. May wanna stay away from Patakas though, str req on those is too high.

The pataka's str req isn't an issue with light armor foxes. You need more str to equip the light armor anyway. o.o

Now Pataka's do have a slower attack speed than other magic weapons. That can be far more problematic, though not critically so. o.o
  • Karadara - Lost City
    Karadara - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have a question about pet damage. I recently went against a few lvl 85 mobs and i noticed my dmg going down sigificantly. like 1/4 of the damage i deal to mobs my lvl.

anyway my pet didn t suffer this malus as it just dealt the same as always.

iis this because they have higher resistance? i doubt it because it would still reduce pet damage then as it does less dmg to mobs with hig physical deff.

I already tried to meele the mob to see if it was just the high magic resistance but my meele attacks did as well suffer a huge malus.

so is it the lvl differens ? or do high lvl mobs in general take less dmg?
  • dungo
    edited February 2009
    I'm level 35 now... and what does HH or TT means? :S

and what about the spark eruption??

oh yeh... i also can't find the skills Crustaceous, frighten, bluster, ripping bite and decelerate for my pets... do you know the english names? :S

thx for answering
  • senovit
    edited February 2009
    @Karadara: Players suffer a reduction in damage to opponents higher leveled than them. I _think_ the formula is just a flat 1% for every level. I'm not sure about pets though... they do ignore the damage reduction in HH, so perhaps that's just a side effect of ignoring level based reduction in general?

@dungo: HH/TT is a series of dungeons that you can do starting at level 60, to craft those green weapons (or other colors sometimes) that you see people carry. Spark eruption you'll definitely want to get.

And sorry, I don't know the english names of those. I know ripping bite is Flesh Ream. The rest I'm unsure of. Maybe someone else here can help you out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    crustacecous is tough, bluster is roar (I think), slow is decelerate. I'm am unsure of frighten
  • Karadara - Lost City
    Karadara - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    senovit wrote: »
    @Karadara: Players suffer a reduction in damage to opponents higher leveled than them. I _think_ the formula is just a flat 1% for every level. I'm not sure about pets though... they do ignore the damage reduction in HH, so perhaps that's just a side effect of ignoring level based reduction in general?

@dungo: HH/TT is a series of dungeons that you can do starting at level 60, to craft those green weapons (or other colors sometimes) that you see people carry. Spark eruption you'll definitely want to get.

And sorry, I don't know the english names of those. I know ripping bite is Flesh Ream. The rest I'm unsure of. Maybe someone else here can help you out.

i saw some thing in the stats of my character indicating attack lvl. which say for every lvl above the enemy i deal 1% more dmg while theres also deffense lvl which decreses dmg taken by 1% per lvl.

due to the information give to me. and the observation i made i shall conduct this hypothesis:

your attack and deffense lvl equal your current character lvl.. thus a player with lvl 50 would have attack and deffense lvl 50(as long as these are not modified by any item... i ve seen an event item that does)

so if this char attack a monster lvl 85 it would suffer a 85-50 = 35% dmg malus if the offense and deffense lvl works for mobs the same way as for players (which i guess is the case)

now this should work both way.. so does this char attack a monster lvl 10... it would deal 50-10=40% more dmg then usual to this mob... i tested it and finde the result convincing .

as for the hh boss:

either:

it has the same dmg reduction as other players in pvp

or

it has a modifier to its deffense lvl....

i am not sure how i would be able to test this thouh...

well those are my thoughts ... don t flame me >.<
  • mumiko
    mumiko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well if you look close enough on the HH boss, they don't have lvls. only a "?" there so its prob have it set at a number
  • senovit
    edited February 2009
    ? mark bosses are level 150.

And yes karadara, that's what I said lol. The only part I'm unsure of is if it's actually 1% or if it perhaps scales exponentially. Pets seem to ignore this reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ton23
    ton23 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The guide is helpful, but I confess I'm still confused.

I intend to play a mage-build/caster-type venomancer. How many points should I be putting where when I level up? All the "3 x your level" stuff confuses me. Could you translate it into, like, "one strength point, one vitality point, and [x number] of magic points per level" for me?

Is the "glass cannon" robe/pure caster build one str, nine mag every two levels?
    For more survivability, would I do one str, one vit, eight mag every two levels?
  • senovit
    edited February 2009
    Yeah sorry, that was just general equipment requirements info for those who wanted to know exactly what to build for.

Glass cannon would be 9 Mag 1 Str every 2 levels. More survivability can be any amount of vit you like, as long as you get at least 6 Mag in every 2 levels. So you can do anything between 6 Mag 3 Vit 1 Str every two levels to 9 Mag 1 Str every two levels for a robes build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]