Comprehensive Venomancer Guide

Comments

• supachocobo
    supachocobo Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    You can get soulstones from npcs named "Merchant ____" and synthesize them to make the effect greater. You can add phys attack, mag attack, accuracy, hp, mana, or any of the 5 elements to your weapon.

Refining is done with mirage stones at any elder in a city. Each + gives the item a bonus. For weapons it gains in attack, for armor it gains in hp, and for accessories it gains in defense. If it fails, the + goes away entirely unless you used a special item while refining.

Where do i synthesize them?
  • dungo
    dungo Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey i've got a question again b:surrender

What's the best weapon to use? Wand, Magic Sword, Pataka (staff) or Glaive (that weird wand thing). And should I use a different weapon when I'm in Fox Form?

Thxb:thanks
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for this wonderful Guide!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you're a robe armor Veno, would you recommend getting the Fox skills? I find trouble when having to fight some melee classes. I have to go to fox form in order to survive longer, and all my fox skills are majorly level 1, thus I can't really fight back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harmful
    harmful Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ok im a lv 62 veno, and above it says that the pet skill bluster which is Roar in eng version. it says that its not a good skill well i totally disagree. reason being is that around lv 45 my pet lost his ablity to keep agro, so i bought Roar skill and maxed it lv, and had nomore problems.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I never said it wasn't a good skill. I have it myself on my own golem. It's just generally accepted that there are better ways to use your limited pet skill slots than bluster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I just started a veno and my main goal is to have an effective PVE character that can solo well. I'm planning to go full caster. So I will be focusing mainly on Mage tree skills. I understand that I need some skills from Fox Tree even as a caster, but I want to know if it is necessary to max the skills you've mentioned under fox tree. Could I get away with leaving some skills you said to max at level one? I don't know if I will have enough Spirit points to max all the things you said to max. What fox tree skills should take priority for a caster build and how many points into them? Thanks.
  • senovit
    edited November 2008
    If you're going full caster, the only fox skills you need to bother maxing are banish malediction and amplify maim (level 13 and 23 debuffs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urenna - Heavens Tear
    Urenna - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Senovit: After doing research on my own and experiementing with mah golem, your skill setup is good.

golem lvl 51
    I've got roar/bluster at lvl 1 to help keep aggro and save mah friends xD

Bash lvl 3 currently
    tough/crustaceous lvl 3

i notice you have another skill frighten on your golem. Do you or anyone else know what the name of that skill is in this versioin pwi?

and does anyone have experience with the hp, p def, and m def boost skills?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    I'm not sure of the name, but it's whichever one reduces the enemy's physical attack by a certain percentage. It used to be pretty damn useful, but recently I find myself to not be using it as much since my golem's p.def is already pretty high... either the boss's attack is way too overwhelmingly powerful and my golem will die once the frighten/crustaceous/frighten combo is over, or it hits magic and frighten loses its effectiveness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urenna - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    what do you think might be a good alternative to frighten? something that boosts p. def, m def or hp over a long time?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    For a golem, m.def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unholyraiden
    unholyraiden Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just started hmm... Lvl 9.. I was just wondering but.. isnt Fox form alittle weak? or does it get better later.
  • Urenna - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    it depends on the build.

if you are going a magic/arcane armor build then you won't be using fox form for fighting. It would be only useful as a get away tool ( p def boost ) when you take aggro from your pet or for using curses like purge in pvp or amplify damage against bosses.

I would assume fox form would be the main fighting form of a heavy or light armor veno. I have not played one so I do not know for sure.
  • unholyraiden
    unholyraiden Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    How do you get pet skills?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    Mrs. Zoologist in the southeastern corner of archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    http://www.ecatomb.net/ - The information from this link should Improve this guide a LOT.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    I don't see how any info from that site contradicts anyhting I've said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hmm. I've been a robe veno all this time. In all my PvP experience, if a physical attacker comes at me, I'm almost always screwed. Do you think a light armor veno would be more effective in PvP? Asking on your personal opinion, since you play one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    I haven't played a robe veno before, so I can't necessarily say whether it's better or not. However, from my experience in pvp, I usually either have to fox form and depend on hexmist / my small amount of dodge to stalemate against a melee. Alternatively, melee can be kited, but unless you get a crit, you'll be hard pressed to break through their hiero if you're taking the time to stop attacking to get away from them. Magic attackers, the main reason why most people think light armor would suck due to lower magical defense, aren't a problem, as you can debuff any defense they might have and 2-3 hit them with physical attacks, or even just send in a ripping.

The main problem with light armor is that magic attacks are weaker and you'll have a pretty tough time killing a high con wr or wb without a critical or a fury. Of course, this is just in world pvp situations where I assume both parties have a hiero. In a duel, it's not hard to win for a fox. Just hit the win button (bramble hood) and lay into them with magic. But this works for a robe veno too, so I'm assuming your main problem is getting attacked in the open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonkemp
    vonkemp Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    noob question. probably been asked and answered before but i'm too lazy to look. can you build a venomancer with both mage and fox abilities or should you stick to one set and max it. if the later which is better?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    Yes, you can get one with both sets of abilities. You'll want to focus on one or the other first though, as you're not going to have enough sp to level the useful skills of both trees until your 70's-80's. If you play robes or light armor I'd suggest focusing on your mage tree, and vice versa if you're a heavy armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vonkemp - Sanctuary
    Vonkemp - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    Yes, you can get one with both sets of abilities. You'll want to focus on one or the other first though, as you're not going to have enough sp to level the useful skills of both trees until your 70's-80's. If you play robes or light armor I'd suggest focusing on your mage tree, and vice versa if you're a heavy armor.

sweet thanks.
  • PhaRaDoX - Heavens Tear
    PhaRaDoX - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    STR =
    MAG =
    VIT =
    AGI =

Wth is AGI?
    Also, whats Con?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    Agility, Constitution.
    =
    Dexterity, Vitality.

Never played an mmo before, I see. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrinceDalto - Lost City
    PrinceDalto - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You put all of those popular pets in the guide but you never told anyone where they are located. I keep asking people in the game but they never answer. Help!
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    Golems are located near timberfield. Sawflies are located at bamboo village. Eldergoth Marksman are located near Clan of Haste (name?). Everything else is a rare pet. Buy them if you want them, unless you're willing to camp them for 12 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larlissa - Sanctuary
    Larlissa - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ok so im in PvE and im not doing well bcause i dont have enough magic. Should i completely focus on magic or should i put some in Str or Vit?
  • senovit
    edited December 2008
    Um, if you think you're not doing well because you don't have enough magic, then add more magic. If you're not doing well because you keep getting killed, add more vit. Dont' forget to add minimum Str for armor, and you should be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samsung18
    samsung18 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My Lvl 26 Vernom Has 17 Vit 28 Str 22 Dex And 81 Mag Im Been Asking Ppl About Stats And Saying Add More Dex Because I Wanna Be A Dex Mage And I Dont Know When To Put In Dex And Mag Because Dex Is Just Making Me Confusing When To Put It. So Can Anyone Reply On This Comment My Mag Damage Is Around 600-1000 And Im Wondering If Thats Good And My Stats Can Someone Help?