The Official Light Armor vs Pure Magic Discussion

Comments

• VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have more then you? we were talking buffed last time no? I have 3550 phys def with just my earth shield on, no other buff, 2250 hp, a little more of each when i find new pants :)

Seifa pure dex = no magic weap = dead, to hold a weap at 90 (3xLvl) you need 270 magic, for the armor you need 1 dex, 1 str, 3 mag (Lvl + 4). Which is enough to wear light armor, mage armor, and hold the weap for your level, any more dex or str or con (except the orig 5 points you had) you can't do one of the three

People are not responding to your robe comments because for the most part they probably agree with you to the robe advantages. We are nukers and can't one on one well till high levels unless we hit first. The problem is you are making statements about LA disadvantages that you don't know anything about other then what Marcus told you. LA can be very advantageous. You are giving up spike for crits and a little more survivability. You being in CQ probably don't get ganked as much though you may if you keep acting like you do on this thread. Join a PK guild for a weak and you will wish you had that def when you get ambushed every 5 minutes even by levels 10 below you cause they know you are squishy
    b:bye
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I wrote that before i saw your last post, Having enough magic for the robes is the easy part. Its the weap that you want too which is why you can't put more in dex
  • Seifa - Lost City
    Seifa - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't actually remeber saying pure dex, where did I say pure dex? Sorry can't find it, i just said MORE dex. As for lv90, if you are still light armor then, goodluck, you will really, really need it. Actually, I have been in RageQuit, I've been in BloodLusT, I've been in AxeGanG, YingYang, EnvY and the only other top guild I haven't been in has been GDZ, and HolyHell, but they were wiped out HELL early.

Anyway. I do know, i've been around, and I've settled down in a guild that I like. But maybe you guys are right and all the lv90 mages are wrong, let me go back and tell them to become light armor because they we will win TW... oh wait.. we already do. Hm theres a fatal flaw in why light armor is worth the resets... lemme think... oh wait... it isn't ;]

I will leave all you light mages (cos thats all that seems to be here) to your happy land of OMGLAISBETTER. Have fun telling each other and yourselves how fantastic you are, if LA is SO good in TW, why do all those LA mages in RQ STILL manage to only hold out for 14 minutes. Real good? I think not. Have fun :D
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's cute how you think you're something in that guild,
    chances are you've never even been in a TW. Considering their top 80 is most likely 83+.
    Guild hopper lolol. More like settled down in the winning guild too... but this is off topic.

Okay maybe you had barb buff and I didn't Von, makes more sense lol. I have 3214 pdef self buffed so yeah you have more, but I just broke 3k hp so ;P with sakas light my pdef increased ~900 fully buffed, (when my friend let me try it on, I don't have one myself) thats probably why.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seifa - Lost City
    Seifa - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Guild hopper? Its called trying guilds to see if they actually suit me, and I was in Conqueror long before they had more lands then everyone else, long before we knew wed win against BloodLusT. I don't remember saying I had anything to do with it. I'm saying our robe mages seem to do well enough in TW without being hybrid.

And 3 of those guilds did disband, so I decided NOT to go guildless, and its RageQuit, must have been out of it when i decided to join, and EnvY merged into bloodlust, I left after a day :)
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    90 was just an example which is why i put LvLx3 next to it, at 70 you need 210 magic for the weap, 60, 180 magic. Most will prob go pure by 90, no one argues that, its the 30 levels leading up to it that people debate mostly. If you put any more in dex you can not wear light armor and hold the weap same level

Sword helps and i been an auction hall maniac. I check that probably more then i play. I don't buy anything unless it has + phys bonuses and prefer it to have 2. My hat i have 3 so i don't know how i will ever replace that :(

Edit - I am pure by the way, and am staying that way, i am just not like you and basically saying its wrong. Suits playstyles differently
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Mm, even I have 3364 physical defense at 62 with just earth barrier. That's with physical defense ornaments though. Crappy HP though, around 1.7k, I don't have much sockets and I threw common shards in the ones I do have.

And lol Seifa is still being ignorant. <_> LA with robes and max barrier still gets enough water resistance. Yeah it's less, but like many people have pointed out on these forums... the difference between 13k and 15k is close to nothing. I don't know any exact numbers, but it's a safe bet to say the difference won't be big enough to care.

n wow he sed robe does prety gud in tw, i never new
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You people must use crappy robes if you're talking about how much better LA is, and I'm talking pre-90 levels. It really makes me laugh to see people wear 70/80HH robes and think they have good armor. Most people are ignorant to how much defense robes can give. 90HH armor mostly gives HP not pdef, I get 5k+ pdef not from the robes, lol. Hell I'm not even extreme cause one of our robe mages has 7k pdef, I prefer higher HP though.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Haiz, should I reroll my lvl 11 mage and go LA? OR stay robe. Im poor and have no real money D:
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I don't think anyone said anything about the HH gear, just talking about requirements to wear gear at our levels
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hahahaha right right, if you're gonna go LA go the full thing or don't bother.

Go back to your vit build, which really is bad also, and next time you talk to the people in my guild like Macros, maybe listen to them, because they're much better then you'll ever be.

"full thing"? There is only one way to for a Mage to have an LA build... and that is what I have lol.

My VIT build wasn't bad, but wasn't great, which is why I changed. I completely outgeared you (and many of the mages) anyway in the 60s and 70s so having VIT was more beneficial to me personally anyway. But I wanted a change (because ya VIT really isn't the best option)and being less squishy (500 less HP....) sounded so blah!

Why the hell do you keep bringing up Macros for lol I was mentioning one of the like 10 people I talked to about pure/la/mage in general. And this was when I was in the 50s. And just because he's had more experience than me doesn't mean I dont know what I'm doing. Cut the ignorance.
    I think its quite funny how people don't reply to over half my arguments for robe mage ^_^ and also that all the light armors are ganging up, but its okay, I'm a robe, I think I can handle the blows *chuckles to self*

When your guild owns half the map I will trust the high level mages there, until then I will trust Macros, who, unlike most of you, give actual advice :D

WHAT arguments? You have none.

And yes that is why I asked the 9x about Pure and LA in GZ, CQ and BL. It seemed like the conslusion was to restat to pure in the 90s and have awesome gear lol.
    Amour is correct to roll at 80, as undines need a lot of water defense. Amour is the only sane light armor mage on this forum ;p atleast Amour knows what theyre talking about. Unlike the rest of the mages who think that light armor seems to be the only way to go ;]

Light armor has its own advantages, to me robe has more, don't like it, then tell someone who cares. I like robe, always will, and im not rolling cos a couple of nubs think that light armor seems to be so amazing that robe can never compare.

Robe can compare ^_^ its why Oracle has robe mages, and why the 9x mages are robe users, and always were *chuckles*

Like I said before, you can switch to robes for fish to grind on, and have nearly the same water defense as a full int mage. That basically destroys your "OMG you have to be robes for UNDINES!" arguement.

And yes robes definitely compare.... in the90s....

I'm not even going to reply to the rest of his ignorant posts. lol
  • Thelron - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Someone answer me please
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    It will depend on your play style, there is no right or wrong answer. I think that was the point of this thread to help you decide for yourself. Ignore the flame posts and listen to what people are saying about the positives and negatives of the gear and figure out which you think suits you
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The right and wrong answers were listed on the first page. Refer to my post there for all information about the Laws of Wizard Armour.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Someone answer me please

Why would you even worry about it at level 11? Pretty much this ENTIRE DISCUSSION is about the upper levels of 60+, although some people like to PvP and etc. a little bit at ~40. I mean, at level 11 you have 30 levels to decide what you want to be, and Robe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LA for leveling during the lower levels; even if you have the godliest low level LA armor for whatever stupid reason, and manage to somehow get 30 or 40% reduction with an Earth Barrier that gives what, 10% defense bonus?, you go from taking 20 damage to like 15. HOLY CRUD THAT'S A HUUUGE DIFFERENCE.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well its only at the lower levels but I am detecting that early on the magic stat does very little to affect the magical attack. From what I am seeing even at my level the weapon and the skill +damage are far more important to magic damage than the mag stat.
    Does anyone with more experience have any data on just how important the mag stat is to damage output. So far it seems to only give a good boost to mana and mag def.

False. The higher your matk, the higher int gives. At about 5k matk, I get about 11 matk per 1 int. It multiplies somehow, but I still dont really understand it.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At 318 matk, I get 2 matk from 3 int :C. So int giving more matk must go up as your matk gets higher.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Because I can.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Here's some truth.

I just spent 20 bucks on restating.

With 230 mag and 100 vit 39 str 5 dex I was hitting 9500 with lvl 10 divine pryo.

With 330 mag and 5 vit 39 str and 5 dex I was hitting 9500-10k with divine pryo, the 10k was not every hit more like once out of every 5 hits

100 extra points in mag got me roughly a almost gurenteed extra 300 damage on most hits and sometimes extra 500 damage

I dont know what this means to you but it means i'll be going light mage armor at 80 cos I just spent 12 mill outfitting my wife and I with our 70 outfits 8/

Light armor ftw
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Here's some truth.

I just spent 20 bucks on restating.

With 230 mag and 100 vit 39 str 5 dex I was hitting 9500 with lvl 10 divine pryo.

With 330 mag and 5 vit 39 str and 5 dex I was hitting 9500-10k with divine pryo, the 10k was not every hit more like once out of every 5 hits

100 extra points in mag got me roughly a almost gurenteed extra 300 damage on most hits and sometimes extra 500 damage

I dont know what this means to you but it means i'll be going light mage armor at 80 cos I just spent 12 mill outfitting my wife and I with our 70 outfits 8/

Light armor ftw

I noticed about 2k PvE damage difference. As LA, I hit for 8.6k or so, at best, with sandstorm. Now my best hit is actually 10.6k.

It's 500 more PvP damage(per spell as "base magic attack" is a universal modifer) to go pure.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I love LA so far, Thanks for making me change build Amourb:pleased!

Currently im level 47 Wiz with 2400 Psys defence. I actually hit more than pure Wizards my level.

um...thats impossible...not the phy def but the hitting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    He has that lv43 or whatever glaive.. which most wizards don't.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The Wheel of Fate eh... super overrated level 43 mold that you can use for like a week tops before having to move on =P
    Not worth the money based on the prices people put on those things.
    Dang.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Well, if you have the spare money you might as well, as it doesn't cost you anything really. You buy it for 1.x mil and sell it for the same when you reach 60.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    He actually has very nice gear ;P of course he hits the same as pure his level.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Not impossible;), I currently have the Level 52 Legendary Pataka.

363-684 Magic atk. And my gear got Psys def shards instead of Hp shards.
    At Level 60 it gonna be different I think, Pure Wizards will catch up in the damage. Might be able to hit higher if I buy a great Ancient arbor with like +4 and 2 Flawless shardsb:bye
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it is in no way possible that a a LA mage will get more damage than a full int with same gear just saying.....
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it is in no way possible that a a LA mage will get more damage than a full int with same gear just saying.....

Yer right, But thats why I got way better gear than Pure wizards.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the only thing LA gear gives is extra phy.def in the cost of damage not to say pure is better or anything but I dont think LA gear gives more damage than pure gear since the weapon is the same the only thing diffrent is the mag stat points...
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    doesn't matter, all builds suck compared to other classes