The Official Light Armor vs Pure Magic Discussion

1235»

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well i guess you dont really have to go LA
    on Harshlands the PK less than on Dreamweaver
    Actually Harshlands doesnt seem like a pvp server. the only time they PK is if someone is KOS
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • tradesell
    tradesell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I been using light armor since lvl 1 and now I m lvl 42. To be honest it, save my a s s a lots of time when 2-3 mob coming at you. I do agree the damage is a bit less but still if you get a good weapon and upgrade your skill. You won't notice the differences. at lvl 42, my phyical defence is around 1.8-2k when I buff up. mob hit me for very less.

Vs magic mob, just change your gear into arcane, I never bought any armor from shop, i loot them from mob and mission reward. save yourself tonns of $$$.
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jebbediah - Lost City
    Here's some truth.

I just spent 20 bucks on restating.

With 230 mag and 100 vit 39 str 5 dex I was hitting 9500 with lvl 10 divine pryo.

With 330 mag and 5 vit 39 str and 5 dex I was hitting 9500-10k with divine pryo, the 10k was not every hit more like once out of every 5 hits

100 extra points in mag got me roughly a almost gurenteed extra 300 damage on most hits and sometimes extra 500 damage

I dont know what this means to you but it means i'll be going light mage armor at 80 cos I just spent 12 mill outfitting my wife and I with our 70 outfits 8/

Light armor ftw
    but because of this i might go LA, because going pure doesnt seem worth the survivability sacrifice :P someone help plox

omfg if this is really true then why is ANYONE going pure? you do almost no extra damage, gain almost no extra Mdef, and lose most of your pdef?