OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Spoke to a GM by now that was a timed quest and at least that event is now over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    How was that a timed quest?!

It is the card quest. I used other boxes today and got gifts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Some of the prizes inside the boxes include automatic free EXP/Spirit, or coins. If you did not receive an actual item, make sure you check the event log on (where you would normally see your EXP and Spirit gains).
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Right....sorry if I didnt clarify earlier but I didn't recieve ANYTHING, like that includes my exp and money and spirit. And my inventory had space, it just disappeared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Merces - Sanctuary
    Lady_Merces - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For some reason while I was looking at the different settings, when I set all of the settings to the highest quality (moved the bar that says "Overall" all the way over) it made it so all male character faces look the same and all female charcter faces look the same except for my own. Is there any way to put it back to how it used to be where everybody looks different?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Check the "customizations" box in the settings.
    Edit: SUCCESS! First time I managed to reply within the same minute the question was asked <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Lady_Merces - Sanctuary
    Lady_Merces - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks so much, you're my hero lol. ^.^
  • gandhi91387
    gandhi91387 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    soo i just downloaded the game today and i love it so far but after a few minutes the whole this justs logs me out and the program is closed can anyone help?
  • Kamili - Sanctuary
    Kamili - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Kirin’s Scale Charms will not mount in the utility charm slot.

I do not exceed the maximum for this charm.

Please help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threestepsahead
    threestepsahead Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Can some one tel me wy it is that i cant use my advanced apothecary skill book

Im lvl 56 and i have done lvl3 skill 100%

i have paid 150,000 for it
    some one told me later to get the 50,000 book and not the advanced one

so i do not understand they are lvl4 skills one is 50,000
    and the other is 150,000

Please help me
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The lvl 4 manufacturing skill can only be obtained through a quest from the Archosaur Elder after hitting lvl 50 (which you are).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cfmchris
    cfmchris Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hello,
    today I went to the Book Merchant Hu, in the lost city and he said that I didn't have a book, which I had to pay 20,000 coins for. I payed this amount then clicked on quests which he said I lost it already and I would have to pay again.

Anyone have any reasons for this? Also, would I be able to get my coins back as I basically payed for nothing?
  • silvatari
    silvatari Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I had the quest to expand my safe by a row, and I collected all the necessary items to do so, but I accidentally pressed 'trash' on the quest and I can't get it back from the banker. Help?
  • contessa
    contessa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My venomancer is lv29,yet I can't learn the Tame pet skill.Already aware of principle.Is there items needed or something?Also,I never seem to be able to use the Amplify Damage and Purge skills even if I've already learnt it.Pls reply asap
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    silvatari wrote: »
    I had the quest to expand my safe by a row, and I collected all the necessary items to do so, but I accidentally pressed 'trash' on the quest and I can't get it back from the banker. Help?

That's impossible. Please make sure the quest isn't in your questlog and the banker doesn't have it. If you're sure you can't get it, send a ticket here.
    contessa wrote: »
    My venomancer is lv29,yet I can't learn the Tame pet skill.Already aware of principle.Is there items needed or something?Also,I never seem to be able to use the Amplify Damage and Purge skills even if I've already learnt it.Pls reply asap

There's a quest at lvl 7 for that skill, make sure you've done that. Also, the NPC that teaches this skill is the Pet Skill Trainer, not the Venomancer. Those skills you mentioned are fox skills, you have to be in fox form to use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    My issue has not been resolved still. No ticket reply. I'm a few pages back, about how I got nothing from my Xmas box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Are you sure you didn't just get exp/sp, and didn't notice it?
    Edit: Nvm, checked your earlier posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If it is a gameplay issue, please send Customer Support a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

If it is a technical issue, send a ticket to Tech Support on the same link above.

Describe your issue in detail, and tell us what you have tried. Include a screenshot if you can.

Please be patient on emails. Some of us were off for 4 1/2 days b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • reyvyn
    reyvyn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    really not sure if this is the right thread for this but i've encountered a problem with a drop that i get from the snowmen in the cities. My Hsiaoko's Mantou is marked in my inventory as a Quest Item and as such is unusable. when i first started picking them up they were regular items with the 500 hp/mp restore. then they just changed when i bought a few of them from a player shop. I now have 52 of them in my inventory and would like to be able to use them or at least sell the dang tings, but as a quest item they are worth nothing...

has anyone else had this happen to them? is there a fix for it? please help...

and also, when is the flippin snowman tamer gonna work? i've waited, checked andbeen patient so icould at least actually do it once but the npc never works
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Snowman Tamer quest was a one time, limited time event for twelve hours that has already occurred last week.

For that quest item, just sell or drop it.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    If it is a gameplay issue, please send Customer Support a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

If it is a technical issue, send a ticket to Tech Support on the same link above.

Describe your issue in detail, and tell us what you have tried. Include a screenshot if you can.

Please be patient on emails. Some of us were off for 4 1/2 days b:victory

I issued a ticket already, last week.

I've been patient, and waiting until now to say anything again. I want this to be taken care of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reyvyn
    reyvyn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Snowman Tamer quest was a one time, limited time event for twelve hours that has already occurred last week.

For that quest item, just sell or drop it.

ok. i get the tamer part, even tho it sucked that most everybody i know couldnt get it to activate during that twelve hours.

my question about the item is why it changed from the regular non-quest version to the unusable quest version while it sat in my inventory? its kinda pointless for the snowmen to be dropping a quest item... right? and i'd hate to have wasted the time collecting them since they sell for 0 coins and nobodies gonna buy them if i set up a player shop... so why are the snowmen dropping a useless quest item?
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    reyvyn wrote: »
    ok. i get the tamer part, even tho it sucked that most everybody i know couldnt get it to activate during that twelve hours.

my question about the item is why it changed from the regular non-quest version to the unusable quest version while it sat in my inventory? its kinda pointless for the snowmen to be dropping a quest item... right? and i'd hate to have wasted the time collecting them since they sell for 0 coins and nobodies gonna buy them if i set up a player shop... so why are the snowmen dropping a useless quest item?

You are correct in that this item has no use. Please vendor or just drop the item.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Agustina_A - Sanctuary
    Agustina_A - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ok i did fb51 whit wine and tabs, when i go search the 3rd time it seems i have to do it again >.<?
    he dont give me tabs and i have to kill again first 2 bosses
    how its possible?
    i picked a photo but dunno how to post it >,<
    i have quest started and no tablets, " i didnt trash the quest", and its suppouse tablets are unable to be sold or drop.
    its really a glitch.
    Thanks agustina.
  • muldyrn
    muldyrn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I thought this was to post bugs in the game and every post is about a tech issue or not logging in. Anyway I was wondering why every time I craft arrows I don't get any experience. I get it for crafting charms and other stuff just not arrows. Anyone else have this problem?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2008
    Ammunition and additional crafting materials don't provide crafting experience. Only equipment does.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Muldyrne - Sanctuary
    Muldyrne - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thx for the heads up about crafting ammo and supplies
  • raypest
    raypest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Just recently lost 10 attribute points at lvl 36 accidently hit reset and 10 points disapeared and wont come back. I have armor on now that is red becuase some str was lost. if i take it off i cant put it back on. not real sure what to do about this it really sucks any help would be much appreciated. 2 lvls down the toilet....
  • haru4
    haru4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So yes, I don't know why and how but I just happened to loose almost all of my money I had in my inventory except for around 800 coins. It was while I was standing next to the Elder of Archosaur...

Mind you, I had around 120.000 coins before...(and no, I didn't buy anything!)

I ask you, how can that happen? It's really not just a few coins for me!

Might be some cheat, a bug or what? I am shocked!

I really would like to get that money back! Please HELP!
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This bug might've been reported before, but it's very important that it be fixed.

It's a bug involving "Ream Flesh" - a Venomancer pet skill that does bleed damage. The bug is that, simply, the Ream Flesh skill doesn't experience reduced damage in PvP like everything else. Thus, this skill can bleed me for over 1/5th of my health(about 700/3,000) each strike with an average pet at my level(the petite sawfly). On a phoenix, with its selfbuffs, the bleed can do 1/3rd of my health per strike. And if a Venomancer uses the physical defence debuff, it can do over half my health.

Any venomancer can kill me off within 5 seconds at my level, with this skill. Every other class has problems...

... I suggest that Ream Flesh does normal damage in PvP, to help balance PvP again. I always hear people talking about how they "survived ream flesh"... But really, I don't think people should have to talk about "surviving" one pet skill from a Venomancer. Even Barbarians die easily to this skill... and they have well over 9k HP.

Especially when we take into consideration that Venomancers use less potions and hp/mp charms, can solo tough bosses, and debuff opponents in PvP... I'd say having a bug that imbalances them completely is slightly unfair.

If correcting the bug is too hard/not possible, then reducing its damage by half would work well enough. It would still be annoying, for sure, but it wouldn't be like an instant-death skill that we'd be lucky to "survive".

Ty for reading.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
This discussion has been closed.