OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear
    Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Patch 32 upgraded beautifully this time, thanks guys, but I have had a reoccurring problem with my client splash screen "Latest News" not updating. I still see the materials reduction as the latest update although I know it is not, hehe, can someone help please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BladeMaster of Perfect World
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
    "Be who you are lest you let yourself down. Train hard, don't kill steal and have fun, this is a game people"
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You should be able to right-click in that area, and then click Refresh. It's just an Internet Explorer cache.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecora - Sanctuary
    Lecora - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i found a bug, its actually in game though not forums related.
    I supposed to talk to this dude to finish a quest but he doesnt have the golden flag above his head or when i talk to him it doesnt complete. I tried re-logging into the game to fix it but it didnt work. I also trashed the quest and re-did it. still didnt take.
    2008-11-2017-02-00.jpg
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You have to have ten thousand coins for the next part of the quest in order to turn in that part. Don't worry, we will be clarifying his dialogue in a future patch.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Lecora - Sanctuary
    Lecora - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    okay thanks
  • sinsan
    sinsan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I just bought my first inventory stone in the game.
    After working to get the gold for it. Finally get it.
    I turn it in to the banker and nothing.
    My inventory slots remained the same.
    Yes I made sure that when I bought it that it was an inventory extension stone and not a safe stone.
    I have relogged, closed the game and even restarted my computer and nothing.
    Can someone help me out here?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Did you try scrolling down your inventory screen? It does not expand visually.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Funaho - Heavens Tear
    Funaho - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    oh so that's how it works.
    That's a very strange way really.
    Thank.
  • baubo
    baubo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Hi. I used a makeover scroll today to change my character's skin color (venomancer, fox type). Only the face changed, so now I have a character with a face color different from its rest-of-the-skin-on-its-body. Is there a separate skin-color section for each different body part or something?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That is definetly not right. Please send in a ticket to support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think this is where this should go. I have chosen an avatar and uploaded a Signature for the forum but still see the "?" avatar and no signature although my control panel shows both correctly.
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Ladyzombi - Lost City
    Ladyzombi - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So.. this is my first time doing DQ 41 on this character.. and it's not working, which kind of is pissing me off.

I dislike how I put time and money into this game, and I can't even contact a GM in game to help me.. so I have to go to the website forums to even hope for a solution.

Please fix my problem.

pwerrorcb7.png
    w800.png
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Trash the empty - on your quest log.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TetsukiAi - Lost City
    TetsukiAi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ok, i have absolutely no idea how this happened. i was playing on my archer, and then, out of nowhere, then graphics suddenly turn from "normal" to how they look in the screenshot. i tried logging out and logging in, didnt work, so i turned off my comp, took the graphics card OUT of my computer, cleaned it, stuck it back in, and tried running the game again. but, when i logged onto my archer, the graphics are still bugged. what's even more frustrating is that this doesnt happen on ANY of my other characters. so can someone please offer a cause and solution for this problem? many thanks in advance! b:victory

screenshot---> 2008-11-2222-36-50.jpg?t=1227422886
  • TetsukiAi - Lost City
    TetsukiAi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ok, ignore my post above about the messed up graphics, because just now when i logged in again to take more screenshots, the graphics had fixed themselves just as randomly as they had malfunctioned b:irritated

however, i would still like to know if anyone can tell me what caused this in the first place b:bye
  • Sora_yamada - Heavens Tear
    Sora_yamada - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This has been happening to me for about a week now. At first it wasn't that bad but now it's just annoying me. For some reason when my camera is to far from a players character there clothes/armor will glitch up and look weird as if the clothes/armor sink into the skin or something. I'm tried changing the system options to stop it but it does nothing.

c616e074.jpg

An other screen shot.

969dfeda.jpg
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Options
    however, i would still like to know if anyone can tell me what caused this in the first place b:bye
    Usually an issue with the semi-transparent textures used in a few different area effects. Updating your graphics drivers may help, but ATi's implementation on a few cards was less than spectacular.
    This has been happening to me for about a week now. At first it wasn't that bad but now it's just annoying me. For some reason when my camera is to far from a players character there clothes/armor will glitch up and look weird as if the clothes/armor sink into the skin or something. I'm tried changing the system options to stop it but it does nothing.

Have you tried changing the Distance sliders? That looks almost like an distanced model. Upgrading your drivers may help in case your GPU is dropping a vertex somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baubo
    baubo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That is definetly not right. Please send in a ticket to support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    Thank you! I sent a ticket today with a screenshot.
  • yllnathx
    yllnathx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Allright, I've just downloaded PWI and everything goes fine and I get into the game. Because it's quite busy at the starting area and the game says to press ctrl + F9 to get better performance, I do so. After that, the game "flickers" for a second alternating displaying my windows desktop and the game after which it just shows windows. If I then activate the game again, it doesn't work anymore. I can still move around with the keyboard but click anywhere on the screen throws be back to windows. Also, if I have any open programs, when I hover over them (while having the game active) the buttons all show up as well as all pictograms on my start menu bar.
    Even when going into task manager and setting affinity to just one CPU and setting priority to highest, it still doesn't activate the game properly anymore.

To be sure, I just installed the most recent drivers of my chipset and GPU, which doesn't fix the problem. I also don't run full graphics when starting the game, I'm using optimized graphics.

Edit: When I entered in windowed mode and played around a bit, I noticed this problem only arises when in fullscreen mode and at highest resolution (same resolution as desktop). At windowed mode and at fullscreen mode with lower resolution works just fine.
  • sugarpants
    sugarpants Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This quest has a bug at the end. It says to Tell Lei what you learned about Hsi. and to find Young Man Lei(623,722) to finish quest. The flag is above the npc Young Man Lei but it is grey and won't let me complete quest. Several people in my faction is having the same thing happen.
  • crystyl
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yllnathx wrote: »
    Allright, I've just downloaded PWI and everything goes fine and I get into the game. ............

Edit: When I entered in windowed mode and played around a bit, I noticed this problem only arises when in fullscreen mode and at highest resolution (same resolution as desktop). At windowed mode and at fullscreen mode with lower resolution works just fine.

This has been happening since the beginning and posts about it are scattered throughout the forum but the solution is to install the "Asian Language pack" for Windows. (fixed it for me. )
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • SausagePanda - Heavens Tear
    SausagePanda - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In the City of Antiquity, when I asked the guard for a quest, he showed me Sparkling Prince Vipent, but I saw it spelled as "Saprking Prince Vipent"

By the way it is in Heaven's Tears
  • crystyl
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So I just saw that the thread about certain players harrassing others in PK mode was closed because the OP was blacklisted. First off, the OP had a legitimate complaint (so I hope being blacklisted by the player he was complaining about or his friends wasn't used against him) and I wanted to mention it as a "game" issue easily solved. PK mode can be set if you and your friends are just hanging around waiting to start a quest or just bored so you decide to fight each other but you cannot turn it off for TEN HOURS! So any high level player who sees you can harrass you if they want. Why not just let you turn off pk mode when you're done with it? It's an easy fix and would solve the problem of PvP players on a Pve server searching for victims!
  • Celeine - Sanctuary
    Celeine - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My account got disconnected from the server, but when I try to log back in, it says that someone is already logged in under that account.

Could someone help? Thanks.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My account got disconnected from the server, but when I try to log back in, it says that someone is already logged in under that account.

Could someone help? Thanks.

Please use the "Safeog" when trying to login. It will cleanly disconnect your old session and lets you back into the game. (The servers are a bit slow in recognising when someone d/c.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celeine - Sanctuary
    Celeine - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Please use the "Safeog" when trying to login. It will cleanly disconnect your old session and lets you back into the game. (The servers are a bit slow in recognising when someone d/c.)

Okay, I got in, thanks so much :)
  • peardrop
    peardrop Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Heya - I've found a problem with the pet skills.

I've got a Frogling pet that I'm trying to level, and according to a thread on this forum it was suggested getting Shrill for him. So I went to Mrs Zoologist, bought a forget scroll and a Shrill scroll, for 100k and 900k respectively.

Used my forget scroll to forget 'Shriek' and tried to buy 'Shrill'.

Unfortunately they appear to be the same skill, so if anyone did what I did to try and learn 'Shrill', they wasted 1,000,000 coins.

I submitted a ticket about this yesterday, but thought I'd post on here too. Thanks in advance for any responses - know you're all busy! :)

Server is Heaven's Tear if that helps. IGN: PearDrop
  • safron
    safron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Got a Quest bug for ya. I tried to submit it to the GMs in-game but after an hour and a half of waiting looked over here in the forums and... Oh, hey, a bug thread. My dumb.

Anyway, here's the bug. I can't remember the Quest's exact title, but I got it at level 35 in Allie's Camp (spelling?) from Young Man Lei. He's in the southern most western half of the camp. Anyway, the quest was called (I think) Missing Girl -- all I can recall for sure was that it sounded like a remake of Cinderella in which Young Man Lei had saved a beautiful woman from harm, the woman lost her boot, and Lei, being in love with said girl, wanted you the player to go out and find her using the boot as a clue.

It was a 3 part quest -- talk to the Taylor in N. Acheosaur (forgive on spelling mistake!), then talk to Winged Elf Hsi (lady Winged Elf in N Acheosaur), and then report back to Young Man Lei.

When I got back to Young Man Lei, he had a gray flag over his head. Not yellow, but gray. When I talked to him anyway, he acted as if the quest did not exist. Putting this down to the fact that it might have been timed and that between talking to Hsi and Lei, I'd gone elsewhere to give a friend a hand with her quest, I trashed the quest and started the chain over again.

Direct run from Hsi to Lei -- Lei still had a gray flag over his head.

By this point frustrated, I sent a GM request, and set about waiting by hitting a few of the local monsters up for loot. After fifteen minutes and no reply, I tried again. 10 minutes later, still no GM. So, I teleported back to the main town whose name starts with an A (really don't know how to spell that place properly!), bought a World Chat item from a player shop, and did a World Shout asking for help -- was directed to hit the GM button a third time. During that time waiting for a reply, I also completed a quick and easy quest which leveled me up from 35 to 36.

Went back to Lei, and the flag had turned gold. Quest was able to be completed.

What's key to note is that the instructions on what to do mentioned nothing about "be level XX". They said only "Find Young Man Lei (coordinates) to complete this quest". And yet it was only after I hit level 36 that the Quest was allowed to be complete when the directions mentioned nothing about level requirements.

Server was Heaven's Tear. ...and idiot that I was, I did not take a screen cap.

As an aside -- forgive me if I seem to be harping on this, but the lack of GM response was... annoying. I realize there's a limited number of GMs and that they're likely busy, especially when you consider the size of Heaven's Tear server, but having tried a min of five times within an hour and a half to get a hold of one and receiving no response... Yes, well, I'll shut up now. This is a forum about bugs, not my annoyance.
  • Relias - Sanctuary
    Relias - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well there is only one bug I have found so far, and sorry if its been mentioned before, but sometimes when you are fighting on mountains (in my case specifically ancient peak) some mobs are unable to move when you attack them, and when they are like this they regain hp at a staggering rate. It has happened to me several times on three seperate humans (two bm one wiz). It makes it very difficult to kill them, and it is one less mob you can easily kill for quests. All incidents happened while fighting sharp claw lynxus on ancient peak
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    @relias

If you can give coordinates (upper right corner of the game screen, 8 numbers) and the monster names, that would help.

Also, if you can post screenshots in JPG format, that'll help too.

We THANK ALL OF YOU for helping us and reporting bugs that you all find. We appreciate it!

b:victory b:bye
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.