Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Zunko - Lost City
    Zunko - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ark, by the way, used to play a full int robe mage and VERY recently restatted to light, because of the test I'm about to explain.

To be honest, I was planning on restatting to full INT at 90. However, I have a full int mage (still full int for leveling) in my guild named dddddfunLOL, and he is the same level as me. So, to see the damage difference, we stripped all of our gear off, I shot undine then sandstorm for 2900, took my sword off, gave him my sword, he equipped it and then shot undine then sandstorm for 3100. There was a moment of silence, followed by him going "... What level is your mastery?"

My mastery was level 7, and his was level 10, making the damage difference based on int even smaller.

We were... Impressed at how little 100 int matters. So we gave it another go, on a different target.

... Same ****.

At this point, I am a firm believer that "full int rocks endgame!!!!!" is the same rumor that brought you "light mages suck until 90!!!!" and I have noticed this game is full of rumors about endgame that people buy into blindly because people say it and it turns out it's not true at all.

From what I can see, int on a wizard is a lot like str on a warrior. Yeah, you'll get a bit of extra damage, but it's so very minimal that light armor just overtakes it...

Despite how minimal the difference is, by the way, con sucks. Just throwing that out there, again.

Can you please post 2 screenshots of a Pure INT and LA Mage's damage with same gear?

Its not that I dont believe you, its just hard to imagine adding more than 100+ INT than a LA Mage with a damage difference less than 200 O.o
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ark, by the way, used to play a full int robe mage and VERY recently restatted to light, because of the test I'm about to explain.

To be honest, I was planning on restatting to full INT at 90. However, I have a full int mage (still full int for leveling) in my guild named dddddfunLOL, and he is the same level as me. So, to see the damage difference, we stripped all of our gear off, I shot undine then sandstorm for 2900, took my sword off, gave him my sword, he equipped it and then shot undine then sandstorm for 3100. There was a moment of silence, followed by him going "... What level is your mastery?"

My mastery was level 7, and his was level 10, making the damage difference based on int even smaller.

We were... Impressed at how little 100 int matters. So we gave it another go, on a different target.

... Same ****.

At this point, I am a firm believer that "full int rocks endgame!!!!!" is the same rumor that brought you "light mages suck until 90!!!!" and I have noticed this game is full of rumors about endgame that people buy into blindly because people say it and it turns out it's not true at all.

From what I can see, int on a wizard is a lot like str on a warrior. Yeah, you'll get a bit of extra damage, but it's so very minimal that light armor just overtakes it...

Despite how minimal the difference is, by the way, con sucks. Just throwing that out there, again.

Those results are very interesting. I've seen this formula floating around:

Magic Attack=(1+int/100)*(lvl+wep matk+ring matk)
    That's what is displayed in the character window.

Whereas the description of Sandstorm is:
    Inflicts Earth damage equal to base magic attack plus 300% of weapon damage plus 4288.4

So the question is what is base magic attack?
    (1+int/100)*lvl ?

I'm not in front of the game otherwise it would be pretty easy to tell simply by removing your weapon and rings. The above formula would make my base magical damage=(1+360/100)*82=377.2

Assuming base magic attack is (1+int/100)*lvl then it is a rather minuscule part of the Sandstorm damage equation, most of the damage comes from the damage bonus and weapon bonus.

Of course this doesn't involved matk from rings, but even if they we're adding into the base magic attack formula:.

(1+int/100)*(lvl+ringmatk)

that gives me roughly

(1+360/100)*(82+120)=929.2
    a good increase but...

looking at a wizard with 100 less magic points

(1+260/100)*82=295.2
    without rings

with rings
    (1+260/100)*(82+120)=727.2
    difference of 202

Look's like Int does jack all.

WTB restat :D
    I like pie
  • Dinoman_X - Lost City
    Dinoman_X - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    For the light armor build is it basically 1 str 1 dex and 3 int every level, or did I misunderstand?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    For the light armor build is it basically 1 str 1 dex and 3 int every level, or did I misunderstand?

That's right.
    Don't deviate unless you know what you're doing. Any deviations and you won't be able to wear your current level armour and weapons.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dinoman_X - Lost City
    Dinoman_X - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    OK cool thanks!
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Keep in mind, guys, with that test he is referring to PvP damage. There is still a few k difference in PvE (2 or 3, I forgot).
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Keep in mind, guys, with that test he is referring to PvP damage. There is still a few k difference in PvE (2 or 3, I forgot).

Yeah, we tested sandstorm on the trees outside ADC and I did 14k and he did 16.5k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Zunko - Lost City
    Zunko - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So Pure INT is better for PvE and LA for PvP??

Ok that makes sense now.

*Restats to LA Wizard*b:bye
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So Pure INT is better for PvE and LA for PvP??

Ok that makes sense now.

*Restats to LA Wizard*b:bye

Should be better stated, 'pure int is for fast leveling so you can start pking in LA'.

how ever i still don't feel like switching to LA i am stay robes for longer.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I won't deny your damage tests but there is another test you forgot to do. I don't believe you did a test to see how much damage each build takes. I'd love to see how much less you take than a robe mage when fully buffed, because I can bet you the gap is only a couple hundred as well. Don't need to take my word on it though, enjoy the low damage with a crit barely higher than mine.
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I won't deny your damage tests but there is another test you forgot to do. I don't believe you did a test to see how much damage each build takes. I'd love to see how much less you take than a robe mage when fully buffed, because I can bet you the gap is only a couple hundred as well. Don't need to take my word on it though, enjoy the low damage with a crit barely higher than mine.

Firstly, the difference is massive. Do the math yourself,Secondly even if it was only a few hundred less, tell me would you rather have a chance to kill more people or the survivability? Because logically speaking, the longer your staying alive and not running from town to the fight over and over or waiting 30 seconds for the seal to wear off. Your gonna get a lot more kills.

Secondly, With proved testing he's taken a pure int mage of the same level and they both used the same weapon and had no other gear on, they noticed that the pure int only hit slightly harder. The only reason why you would hit noticeably higher in PvP is because your higher level then us and with a better weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Firstly, the difference is massive. Do the math yourself,Secondly even if it was only a few hundred less, tell me would you rather have a chance to kill more people or the survivability? Because logically speaking, the longer your staying alive and not running from town to the fight over and over or waiting 30 seconds for the seal to wear off. Your gonna get a lot more kills.

Secondly, With proved testing he's taken a pure int mage of the same level and they both used the same weapon and had no other gear on, they noticed that the pure int only hit slightly harder. The only reason why you would hit noticeably higher in PvP is because your higher level then us and with a better weapon.

You idiot Wizards dont plan on getting hit, if your a pro and know how to play a Wizard no one can touch you.

If you sacrifice damage for survivability that means your expecting to get hit, which means your doubting your own class.

Pure INT Wizards will always prevail.

n'uff said

Zanko~
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

I never denied the difference is a couple hundred genius, I know the differences in matk and I know how much damage is nerfed in PvP. It's only common sense really.

Oh, and if you're telling me the difference is massive in damage you receive, you are actually wrong. I've asked before and Pandora normally ignores the question, what is your physical reduction percent when fully buffed? I don't care about what your defense number is, the only one that matters is the percent it actually reduces.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The number matters more than the reduction it gives.

Let's say a Wizard can get 60% physical damage reduction at some point, while a Blademaster gets 96% physical damage reduction at the same point, but the Blademaster gets hit by 120's...then you can do the math.

At level 70 with 13k physical defense, I reduce physical damage by 83%, yet I get hit by 120's from physical mobs.

The physical reduction % goes higher with the level because mobs hit higher the higher level they are.

Like for example, a mob hits 100k at some point, with 0% you get hit by 100k, but with 98% physical reduction you get hit by 2k a hit...

So yeah, maybe a robe user can get 4~5k physical defense and a "good" physical resistance, but a LA user will have 11~12k or even more physical defense.

The difference between LA and Robe when resisting physical damage is huge, specially the higher level you get.

And that's just against mobs, during PvP the difference is even higher.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You idiot Wizards dont plan on getting hit, if your a pro and know how to play a Wizard no one can touch you.

If you sacrifice damage for survivability that means your expecting to get hit, which means your doubting your own class.

Pure INT Wizards will always prevail.

n'uff said

Zanko~

55 BM?
    Seriously? You know what, Get a wizard, do 6v6 vs another guild with an archer, and see how fast you drop. Or a WR, or a WB. Your opinion is void, mister 'emperor Zanko'

Edit: Or even 1v1 ANY archer your level... you're GOING to get hit.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Mage dnt nead to be almost hitted at Tw, pk is other thing but at tw can just kill without beeing toched.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thx for the guide Pandora
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Mage dnt nead to be almost hitted at Tw, pk is other thing but at tw can just kill without beeing toched.

At lvl 100 you get a skill that increases your Mag. Damage by a specific % depending on your maximum mana, and as a Pure INT you will have a lot more mana than a Light Wizard, therefore the damage difference between a Light Armor Wizard and a Pure INT Wizard will be by a lot.

All Wizards have to do is hit a Archer once to kill them, do you honestly believe they can survive this kind of damage?
    You dont need to run from archers, you put them to sleep and 1 hit them.b:bye

pqobd89301b32202f93af1fhh8.jpg

Zanko~
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

I lol'd.

Also, hello dragon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options

Lol, just leave the thread now to avoid yourself further embarrassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryucry
    cryucry Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

The level 56 Blademaster has spoken.
  • xeron66
    xeron66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    erm if u want to kill an archer u dont kite him since u have less range and about 1 hitting an archer with that buff its quite easy
    Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot...
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    xeron66 wrote: »
    erm if u want to kill an archer u dont kite him since u have less range and about 1 hitting an archer with that buff its quite easy

Level 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xeron66
    xeron66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    well ppl will eventually get there, on a side note u can 1shot an archer (not con build) with an ulti
    Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot...
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    xeron66 wrote: »
    well ppl will eventually get there, on a side note u can 1shot an archer (not con build) with an ulti

Or a sandstorm crit...
    I don't understand what point your arguing here lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindFlayer - Lost City
    MindFlayer - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Is there a list by level for LA stat reqs somewhere. In the barbarian guide there is a list for HVY and axe stat reqs. If there is a list that I could see for LA that some one can link me that would be awesome.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Is there a list by level for LA stat reqs somewhere. In the barbarian guide there is a list for HVY and axe stat reqs. If there is a list that I could see for LA that some one can link me that would be awesome.

Light armour is 1 str and 1 dex per level to use armour of your level.
    Basically, your Strength and Dexterity have to be +4 to your level (so at level 1 you start with 5 str and 5 dex, by level 2 you need 6 str 6 dex, and so on) Also, you'd have to put 3 mag per level to be able to wear your newest weapon.
    at 60 the HH Ancient Arbor requires 180 mag which requires 3 mag per level to achieve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindFlayer - Lost City
    MindFlayer - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I have been doing the 3-1-1 formula, but when looking at the barbarians HVY/AXE chart there seems to be some irregularity in actually following a set plan. If during my time when I can look at the internet but not play the game and I could see a chart for my wiz then I could plan some levels that will allow me to put in some more magic, espciallly in favor of str it seems like I could maybe eke something out to give me more mag earlier.

Either way it isn't too important.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    can you make the water spell names darker? they hurt my eyes.b:cry
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I have been doing the 3-1-1 formula, but when looking at the barbarians HVY/AXE chart there seems to be some irregularity in actually following a set plan. If during my time when I can look at the internet but not play the game and I could see a chart for my wiz then I could plan some levels that will allow me to put in some more magic, espciallly in favor of str it seems like I could maybe eke something out to give me more mag earlier.

Either way it isn't too important.

For light armor the general rule is 1 str, 1 dex and 3 magic every level. You dont always need to add dex/str. New armor is available usually at levels:
    x0 Shirt
    x3 pants
    x4 wrists
    x6 boots

So you can afford to skip allocating str/dex some levels in favor of extra magic damage.
    Here's a general micromanagement guide
    Level
    x1 +5 magic
    x2 +1 dex +4 magic
    x3 +2 dex + 3 str
    x4 +1 str +1 dex +3 magic
    x5 +5 magic
    x6 +2 str +2 dex +1 magic
    x7 +5 magic
    x8 +1str +1 dex +3 magic
    x9 +1 str +1 dex +3 magic
    x0 +2 str +2 dex +1 magic

To micromanage even more special note should be made to the levels where your dex approaches the new +1% crit breakpoints. Every 20 points of dex will give you an extra 1% so for levels:
    14,34,54,74,94 do the following,
    +1 str +3 dex +1 magic

and levels 16,36,56,76,96 become,
    +2 str +3 magic.

If/When you start wearing Twilight Temple armor, you only need to meet the str/dex requirements at levels 70,80,90 so the rest of the levels you can allocate pure magic. Although you will have to start adding pure str/dex at level 77,78,79,80 to make sure you can wear the lvl 80 TT gear.
    I like pie
This discussion has been closed.