Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    But honestly, it's just a game in the long run and if it works for you, it works.
    If not, then L2P nub.
    Back.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It just annoys me when people try to justify stupidity.

Can't argue with you there :/. But I think Heaven is more TW style looking at the effects.

But can you answer something? Like for Demonic Sandstorm, the extra 1200 dmg. Is that direct? Is it reducable (by magic defence)? Like If I cast on a monster and do 2000 dmg, will it add 1200 no matter what?

And on Glacial Snare, when it says "Demon version has reduces channeling time by 2.1 seconds." Does that mean it will be .4 channeling time all the time? Or does it mean it will be reduced TO 2.1 seconds?

Not really sure if thats a clear question.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • $ian - Lost City
    $ian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ^ I have the same question about Glacial Snare.

Also, In my opinion I like Heaven more because of the +100% Matk when Wellspring Quaff is on.
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Can't argue with you there :/. But I think Heaven is more TW style looking at the effects.

But can you answer something? Like for Demonic Sandstorm, the extra 1200 dmg. Is that direct? Is it reducable (by magic defence)? Like If I cast on a monster and do 2000 dmg, will it add 1200 no matter what?

And on Glacial Snare, when it says "Demon version has reduces channeling time by 2.1 seconds." Does that mean it will be .4 channeling time all the time? Or does it mean it will be reduced TO 2.1 seconds?

Not really sure if thats a clear question.

1) adds 1200 damage that can be reduced by resists.
    2) Reduces the channeling time by 2.1 seconds, 2.5 - 2.1 = 0.4. still has way too long of a cooldown to be that useful though.
    ^ I have the same question about Glacial Snare.

Also, In my opinion I like Heaven more because of the +100% Matk when Wellspring Quaff is on.

The +100% is only for the first 15 seconds, that is a typo in ecatomb. Exact wording of the sage skill is:
    "More powerful than Wellspring Quaff Level 10.
    Magic attack increased by 100% equipment value for 15 seconds."
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That effect lasts 15 seconds.

As far as Glacial Snare, it's just -2.1 sec channeling. You've still got the static (non-reducable) cast time.

Additional damage is just as if the skill had "and 1284.6 damage" or something in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I really don't know why people justify and blow off heaven's extra fury by saying, "I can use fury pots". You act like fury pots are for hell only and a heaven can't use them.

Oh, and I went heaven for one reason only, and it is to be able to gain and maintain my fury. Anyone who plays a mage knows that they are at its strongest when it has fury, I decided to go down a path that will help me get more vigor.

Oh and by the way, the 600 damage you see from gush or the 1200 from sandstorm is barely even noticeable. That is on PvE of course for PvP the difference is not even existent. Truthfully, I think most of the extra effects given by heaven and hell are useless. I went heaven for one reason and one reason only, and its vigor.

You can use a 1.5 vigor pot grats, I can get 2 vigor right off the back in a TW, hell why not include a veno who uses a vigor pot and passes me vigor. Oh look, I can triple fury woo. Including outside factors is stupid so stop bringing up vigor pots.
  • lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    that's the only and only 1 thing that i dislike about you pandy,,that you think just because you chose something,,its great and its the only thing that works,,same applied with LA and same with hell,,basically Hell is good in 1v1 duels due to the more paralyze stun abilities and if your a LA you should go hell because of the critical as well. but Heaven if for tw, and as haiz pointed out clearly that Heaven can gain more chi than hell, and i think your smart enough to realise that A mage in tw it's all about how well can you maintain your chi so it's pretty clear that Hell is for pk fights while Heaven is for Mass pk or tw, and it's established too ,, feel free to check the forums of the versions that started years ago for more experienced opinions,,since no offense,,neither i or you know that much about heaven or hell (i was a cleric in the the other version)
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Heaven is useless on a mage. I have werefoxes in my guild. Period.

Heaven is just... ****. You do it for vigor but you don't even get that much vigor compared. Instead you lose the 50% bonus on earth barrier, you lose the casting speed bonuses (which are why you go Devil - not the damage bonus, which you are right about for once), and you get laughed at for the rest of your mage career for being an idiot.

In Conqueror, where there's no such thing as teamwork, I can understand. But in a real guild, foxes send vigor to mages, and we don't need angel :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Pandy , look i'll make it very clear,no flaming intended,, you are not a hell mage,, or a heaven one,,you never played a hell mage or a heaven one,,so stop saying one is better than the other till you try ,,because you cant judge anything by just reading,,and the 50% bonus you get at level 99 and you have to farm for it,,goodluck ! you'll need it.
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Xcyrusx - Lost City
    Xcyrusx - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I wish the guide gave more detailed uses on all the skills, hmm Pandora your not going to restat to pure int at lvl 90 are you? So many parallels left unmentioned, of course I guess it is best to keep somethings a secret?? Dont want people copying you, and damn sure dont want anyone taking your info onto a different server killing people who obviously have NO clue about pvp (these people dont even know how to fight mobs <_<)

edit*When i say this server I mean sanctuary since my siblings made me switch over
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I swear I hate the avatar system -_-
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i hate it more lol ,,i asked for gm help even ,no one can help me :( i'm just jynxed like that
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lilly90 wrote: »
    Pandy , look i'll make it very clear,no flaming intended,, you are not a hell mage,, or a heaven one,,you never played a hell mage or a heaven one,,so stop saying one is better than the other till you try ,,because you cant judge anything by just reading,,and the 50% bonus you get at level 99 and you have to farm for it,,goodluck ! you'll need it.

You're dumb.

Shields are 89 books.

Stop posting.

www.ecatomb.net before you post.
    I wish the guide gave more detailed uses on all the skills, hmm Pandora your not going to restat to pure int at lvl 90 are you? So many parallels left unmentioned, of course I guess it is best to keep somethings a secret?? Dont want people copying you, and damn sure dont want anyone taking your info onto a different server killing people who obviously have NO clue about pvp (these people dont even know how to fight mobs <_<)

edit*When i say this server I mean sanctuary since my siblings made me switch over

The guide is actually JUST started, I do plan on going into major detail on the skills (like I did in my archer guide) but I just haven't gotten around to it. If I have the earth barrier book by level 90 I will be restatting full int, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Arguing is like a bump, except not deemed spam. Just putting that out there. :3

That being said, Wrathy is right about pure mag: You don't need to bother with +ing your gear until much later, and nothing is worth +ing past like 1 until HH90 tbh. Shooting for pdef mods with sockets and hp sharding your **** is enough. Leveling below 70 is too fast to waste that much money on anyway.

Personal tip for PvPing as a lowbie wizard: Leave divine pyrogram at 1 to level stone barrier and/or distance shrink more. DP is not particularly useful in PvP until 59+ once you have Sutra anyway, which is when I raised mine from level 1 to 10.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Can someone post a link to a website stating what the heaven and hell stats/bonuses are and how exactly do you go through obtaining all this? I'd like to bookmark it for future reference, or if someone makes a forum post bout it i'll bookmark that
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol panda,, sweety you only get the first 3 skills after 89 culti,,rest are all learnt at level 99+ , and i didn't even bother to check the site:) and who are you again to tell me to stop posting?o.O,,and still you skipped my point,,it's your first time playing a mage , so go and do some research and ask people who actually played mage before , before saying that the stuff that you chose are all godly and **** . it's my first time playing a mage (had 8x one) but i only had access,my main was a level 87 cleric so i found no shame in asking higher levels from the CN version and the MY version, even if i was wrong i'd simply learn from it . but you on the other hand ..:P, anyways, goodluck with that huge ego lol
    P.S: took a look now at the site,,just to show you that it's BS,, it shows that you learn the heaven/hell mastery at level 92 ,,enough said lol (books are farmed in holy/hell 89 ,99,109,and so on )
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Is there some sort of intrinsic ability that grants sages chi? or are people just talking about those few skills that have a 20% chance to grant more chi when cast?

If there is a sage ability that grants chi, what is the demon version? Can't find anything like this on ecatomb or asiapworld
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    if you went haven everytime you summon that cute fairy thingy you get 50 chi with 60 secs cool down
    if you went demon or w.e you can reduce 50 chi from the person that your targetting with 30 secs cool down
    about the few skills that grant chi , they are present in both demon and holy i think ?but what i know is , if your not planning on getting to 99 it's basically either
    Holy: for the vigor (from fairy and from the first fire skill)
    Demon: for the 20% chance of stun from the first earth still ,
    since you can only farm the 3 basic attack skills at 89 i think
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Barrier books can be used at level 89. Only farmable in fb99, but hey, it's not like you need a level 99 party to run it. An 90~ party could do it fairly easily I imagine.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/9546
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    if you went haven everytime you summon that cute fairy thingy you get 50 chi with 60 secs cool down
    if you went demon or w.e you can reduce 50 chi from the person that your targetting with 30 secs cool down
    about the few skills that grant chi , they are present in both demon and holy i think ?but what i know is , if your not planning on getting to 99 it's basically either
    Holy: for the vigor (from fairy and from the first fire skill)
    Demon: for the 20% chance of stun from the first earth still ,
    since you can only farm the 3 basic attack skills at 89 i think

It's at level 89. You're ****. Never post again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    geez pandy, you need to take it easy and have fun with the game o.O why all the seriousness? lol oh and get that shield and i'll get the holy version and let's pvp ?since you are an ego maniac so i'd love to to kick your **** like i always did :)
    oh and again :P who are you to tell me not to post?o.o ,,what you expect me to go like "ZOMG pandora told me not to post and called me a **** !-runs to her mom crying- ?lol ..like i give a damn about what you say :D cya in tw sweety :)
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    let's have peace since we are not many mage in sever ;) b:bye
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    geez pandy, you need to take it easy and have fun with the game o.O why all the seriousness? lol oh and get that shield and i'll get the holy version and let's pvp ?since you are an ego maniac so i'd love to to kick your **** like i always did :)
    oh and again :P who are you to tell me not to post?o.o ,,what you expect me to go like "ZOMG pandora told me not to post and called me a **** !-runs to her mom crying- ?lol ..like i give a damn about what you say :D cya in tw sweety :)

Like I said, I don't like it when people are wrong or support people who are wrong. You're giving inaccurate information in a thread that's a GUIDE. How do you think I feel?

Stop posting. It's a guide thread and you're posting things that are completely wrong about a character class that you and I both know you know absolutely nothing about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Like I said, I don't like it when people are wrong or support people who are wrong. You're giving inaccurate information in a thread that's a GUIDE. How do you think I feel?

Stop posting. It's a guide thread and you're posting things that are completely wrong about a character class that you and I both know you know absolutely nothing about.

in accurate? how about you saying that hail storm is useless,or you skipping the fact that any LA mage will get his\her butt kicked by a full int ?how about that for in accuracy,,and discussing something makes us all know what's good and bad and what's right and wrong too, and you feel?o.o okies lol

Pandy, your first time playing a mage :)and talking about people not knowing anything about their class lol,,at least i'm mature enough to ask more experienced players and learn from them you on the other hand is like "Oh everything i chose is the only way to go" which was pretty much clear when i TRIED to explain that int build was good but guess what?just because pandy doesn't have it it's not good b:laugh
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    in accurate? how about you saying that hail storm is useless,or you skipping the fact that any LA mage will get his\her butt kicked by a full int ?how about that for in accuracy,,and discussing something makes us all know what's good and bad and what's right and wrong too, and you feel?o.o okies lol

You missed the part where every 1v1 we've been in I've kicked your **** in my light armor.

Hail storm is useless.

Yes, you're saying the book isn't 89 it's 99 which is inaccurate and completely wrong. You're a horrible mage player and posting anywhere near a guide is a horrible idea lest we spawn more mage players like you.
    Pandy, your first time playing a mage :)and talking about people not knowing anything about their class lol,,at least i'm mature enough to ask more experienced players and learn from them you on the other hand is like "Oh everything i chose is the only way to go" which was pretty much clear when i TRIED to explain that int build was good but guess what?just because pandy doesn't have it it's not good

You're ****. Read my guide. It says that full INT is the main build, and that light armor is a secondary option. Stop posting, you don't even read what you're posting about. You're just making **** up and hitting "submit."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You missed the part where every 1v1 we've been in I've kicked your **** in my light armor.

Hail storm is useless.

Yes, you're saying the book isn't 89 it's 99 which is inaccurate and completely wrong. You're a horrible mage player and posting anywhere near a guide is a horrible idea lest we spawn more mage players like you.

You're ****. Read my guide. It says that full INT is the main build, and that light armor is a secondary option. Stop posting, you don't even read what you're posting about. You're just making **** up and hitting "submit."

soo rude o.o angry o.O lol anyways we didnt even 1v1 so cut the lies , last time we ever 1v1 was in nightscream island in the early 70s and i 3 hit you WITH your charm , and 33% to paralyz is not useless,and it goes up to 50% too in hell version incase you go there, so don't say it's useless please
    and i'm mature enough to realise that i confused fb 99 with the books level at least i admit it when i'm wrong, you just go all the way,, wrong or right which will get you no where irl or ingame ,and horrible mage player?aww i guess you forgot when you pmed me and said that i was a good mage and tried to steal me from UL ?o.o now that we kicked your butt in tw you hate me that much ?b:chuckle , FYI conq took our lands and i still have friends there o.o no need to be all so angry lol ,,and lets assume for arguments sake that" i love to make **** up and click submit" ,,hey if you dont like it,, dont read it and respond,,thanks and bye bye b:laugh
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    soo rude o.o angry o.O lol anyways we didnt even 1v1 so cut the lies , last time we ever 1v1 was in nightscream island in the early 70s and i 3 hit you WITH your charm , and 33% to paralyz is not useless,and it goes up to 50% too in hell version incase you go there, so don't say it's useless please
    and i'm mature enough to realise that i confused fb 99 with the books level at least i admit it when i'm wrong, you just go all the way,, wrong or right which will get you no where irl or ingame ,and horrible mage player?aww i guess you forgot when you pmed me and said that i was a good mage and tried to steal me from UL ?o.o now that we kicked your butt in tw you hate me that much ?b:chuckle , FYI conq took our lands and i still have friends there o.o no need to be all so angry lol ,,and lets assume for arguments sake that" i love to make **** up and click submit" ,,hey if you dont like it,, dont read it and respond,,thanks and bye bye b:laugh

Jesus christ your english needs work. My eyes couldn't stand that block of text enough to read it. Run it through google translator and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lilly,

I've read through this BS, and I don't really want to get caught up in the drama here, but why do you keep bringing up that this is his "first mage"? That is the dumbest argument I"ve ever heard. He's 83+, what difference does it make. If he reaches level 100+ are you still going to say this is his first mage?

If someone creates a mage, levels them to 5, then creates a new mage, do they have some new found knowledge that level 80+ players do not about their own class?

This whole argument is ****. He's saying LA is best until level 90, you're saying no it's not because they lose to Purge Magic mages.....Last I checked there were more than 1 class in this game.

Your sever lack in grammer/punctuation doesn't help your cause either.

The guide was very helpful, even if it isn't 100% accurate (I'm not experienced enough to know yet) it is still pretty close, and helps a lot to have a general idea of what to expect and what not to waste spirit on.
  • lilly90
    edited December 2008
    Options
    never said his guide was bad. and only reason i keep pointing out that it's his first experience because he talks as if he knows all about mages which he dont,(neither do i) and sorry english is my 3rd language,. so i'm doing my best here >.< And i did not say that something IS the best it depends on style of playing , He's the one saying that not me . and if someone who doesn't know english and got robbed by a guy that speaks perfect english , would the guy lose his cause just because he can't speak proper english ?english is not my first language , i speak french arabic english
    aside from some lousy korean . so take it easy on me for goodness sake lol

btw he's not the only 80+ i'm too,,anyways i never meant to flame or anything,,just hate his arrogance :) (which is based on nothing imo) anyhows. sorry if my english is bad. don't hurt your eyes reading it :) i wont post here anymore . if you feel like discussing anything pm me ingame pandy because flame wars aren't really my thing
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    never said his guide was bad. and only reason i keep pointing out that it's his first experience because he talks as if he knows all about mages which he dont,(neither do i) and sorry english is my 3rd language,. so i'm doing my best here >.< And i did not say that something IS the best it depends on style of playing , He's the one saying that not me . and if someone who doesn't know english and got robbed by a guy that speaks perfect english , would the guy lose his cause just because he can't speak proper english ?english is not my first language , i speak french arabic english
    aside from some lousy korean . so take it easy on me for goodness sake lol

btw he's not the only 80+ i'm too,,anyways i never meant to flame or anything,,just hate his arrogance :) (which is based on nothing imo) anyhows. sorry if my english is bad. don't hurt your eyes reading it :) i wont post here anymore . if you feel like discussing anything pm me ingame pandy because flame wars aren't really my thing

I don't have anything to discuss with you, I never have. I didn't ask you to come into this thread and flame me. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.