Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Options

Comments

• Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Venos don't require 5 gold per day to glitch.

End of discussion.

Still a glitch, ban all or ban none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Fierydevil - Lost City
    Fierydevil - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    After lv80 there are some physical damage only mobs like "Cougaret Master at Arms" and is usual I see some parties killing them with AOE skills leave EP with bubble in top of a small rock in a way that mobs can't attack EP. If they ban WF they should ban too that EPs.

This is not a new game, but we have new GMs with little experience that get influenced by some jealous players that cry allot bc they don't want that other ppl take advantages of some features of the game.

It's ridiculous that ppl say that I can get banned for lure that big dude boss to Angler's Village after a Horse race to get 100 ppl killed. Why they made this stupid rule, because of the dozens of noob Conquerer members that everyday kill bunnies from safe zone?
    This is a warning b:victory
  • Kyoudai - Heavens Tear
    Kyoudai - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Maybe this will answer your question:

PWI Community Forums: Rules of Conduct v1.0 - read meh!

17. No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat.

18. No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.

Sorry, I don't want to be banned just for saying anything so I leave it up to you to contact Customer Support.
    [SIGPIC]HighElves Faction[/SIGPIC]
  • ileikmudkips
    ileikmudkips Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    in almost every game i've ever played, glitching or otherwise abusing the system as it is not intended is a bannable offense. If someone is caught glitching, they should be banned. Everyone should be aware of this, and know that they are taking a chance.

Or how about the game developers or coders do something about it? That should be the best solution.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Report those archers and see what happens,instead of speculating here what GM's do or do not to them without proof...

Both veno and archer-ways are bugs and should be fixed fast. That is really obvious to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    seems like this thread is full of pro-venos.. well. here's the case.. we'll just wait for the mods to decide whether zhenning on archers is bugging and bannable.. then if it is.. we will stop. after that. lets see how the cash shop's profits will change, down or up.

venos doesn't stop bugging stuffs even though it's announced that it's bannable. >.> I smell Jealousy in this thread, specially the part of "zhenning" and "exps"
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Still waiting for an official statement from PWE on this subject after 24 hours...

Sent a PM to Xarfox asking him to express PWE position here.

Still nothing...

I don't really care what other players have to say about it. I want to have PWE's position on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What Archer Glitch We Talking About Exactly?
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What Archer Glitch We Talking About Exactly?

Read previous posts....It's explained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Personally yes I do think that the archer bug should be banned, and honestly I think it is ignored, not because of gold or such, but simply because nobody reports it. Much like pulling quinz in FB29 is rarely reported. Those who see it, are usually profiting from it.

While when it comes to Gouf and Kisma, it is usually witnessed by a team of people who have gathered to kill the boss in a legitimate way, and are standing around waiting for 30 minutes for you to finally finish killing it.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    only a venomancer would complain about this archer glitch hahaha.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I've done plenty of Zhen parties without archers. Just clerics, wizards, bm's, and barbs... So, like it or not, zhen is not going anywhere. It's just a way for archers to participate. At least archers are finding a way to participate in groups and hang out with their friends, instead of the wanting to keep an "I don't need anyone" attitute.

Side note, yes they do spend a lot of $. Archer is the MOST expensive class to zhen. Maybe they wouldn't if they could solo everything.

b:kiss archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I find this funny:

You know damn well a GM/Mod has read this thread already, yet no response from any of them? The only reason is because they are trapped between a rock and a hard place. Either don't ban veno's for bugging, or ban both WF's AND EA's since both are bugs [which would make zhenning a lot harder]. Yet, they've found the way out of this corner, simply don't respond to the thread. Ok GM/Mods, I'm calling you out, are you all going to be unfair and ban just WF's? Or ban both WF's and EA's? Or possibly stop listening to the people that have nothing to do but complain, and stop banning people for using game mechanics to their advantage...
  • bookmark
    bookmark Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    a cheat is a cheat... ban them all that cheats.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The gouf bug prevent others from enjoying the game. So a veno sits there and spend 30 minutes to kill a mob, while there is a dozen people waiting around. while the archer glitch doesn't prevent others from playing the game. That being said, i don't really see a problem with the fb29 pull, its done to save time. Its sad, but banning archers will dent their wallets. each archer will need 1 silver mp charm per hour of zhen. Multiple that by the number of archers (that zhen) and the hour each spend on zhen.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Lvl - Heavens Tear
    Lvl - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Veno's are totally OP'ed banning them for a solo bossing i think is 100% justified its still a glitch that should req. team work and more for most. AOE parties STILL req more then just 1 person. they work as a team still... as for Veno's ... it kind ruins the purpose and Prices of TT'ing or selling goodies that took forever for a team memeber to get that a Veno solo's to get... *heal pet cool down increase would solve this*
  • Dagnytaggart - Heavens Tear
    Dagnytaggart - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    LMAO

Amazing how many posts in the thread are debating which abuse of a bug is more honorable than another. Anyone abusing a bug should be banned, period. If you can't play without cheating then why play at all? It's my opinion that people basically play game sthe way they live life. People who cheat in-game probably look for the same shortcuts in life. Just my opinion.

That said, I'm wouldn't be surprise if money is the deciding factor in who gets banned and who does not... might makes right, but money renders some invisible.
  • Eniac - Heavens Tear
    Eniac - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What I find ludicrous is that PWE is coming out with an expansion when they still haven't fixed exploits that have been around for ages. The devs seem to have their priorities backwards.

Come on, guys, fix the exploits first! We can wait an extra week for the expansion.
    --
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The gouf bug prevent others from enjoying the game. So a veno sits there and spend 30 minutes to kill a mob, while there is a dozen people waiting around. ...

Your argument doesn't make sense, it would take them longer to kill gouf - and the people waiting for them to finish it would have to wait longer - if they had to heal their pet and they could only throw an occasional scarab at the boss.

It's strange that you find one abuse ok and another bannable.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    turtlewax wrote: »
    Your argument doesn't make sense, it would take them longer to kill gouf - and the people waiting for them to finish it would have to wait longer - if they had to heal their pet and they could only throw an occasional scarab at the boss.

It's strange that you find one abuse ok and another bannable.

Turtle, do you even know what you are talking about? What they are complaining about is that a solo veno, at the same level as the quest can solo Gouf via the ariel bug, but, because of air to ground reduction, combined with the fact that you get the quest when you are actually lower level than Gouf, he already takes less damage. This equates to a considerable amount of time for a solo veno at such a relatively low level to kill Gouf.

However, if the same veno tries to solo Gouf on the ground, where Gouf can actually fight back, there is not a chance in hell that a veno that level will be able to keep their pet alive. If a veno could solo Gouf from the ground, it would take a veno of a greater level than Gouf, which would translate into a stronger pet and stronger skills/equip for the veno, equating to a more efficient killing time since they would not be hindered by the above mentioned damage reduction.

What the other poster meant was : a level 39/40 veno (which is about the level players get the quest), bugging Gouf takes forever to kill him, while others wait. If that level 39/40 veno tried to do it from the ground (apparently how the devs are preferring us to do it), then Gouf would own them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The gouf bug prevent others from enjoying the game. So a veno sits there and spend 30 minutes to kill a mob, while there is a dozen people waiting around.

Ever thought about inviting the veno in your party?

So, still no official statement from PWE about all this... Wondering how long it will take....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Totally agree if your going to Ban people for glitching super bosses why not ban people for any glitches (beta game aside) then yes ban archers or anyone else cheating to get ahead asap...
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

So, still no official statement from PWE about all this... Wondering how long it will take....

Ten bucks says you won't get one. After all, why would they start doing the proper thing now?
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Consuming 540 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4585.6. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC.
  • iamugly
    iamugly Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    only a venomancer would complain about this archer glitch hahaha.

I am a blademaster, and I am complaining about it.

But I am also old enough to know it will never get fixed. The GM/Mod that try to stop it will be looking for a new job.

It is all about money, and no company will keep employees that cost them money. If they ever ban an archer for zhening, they will end up fired. You see, it would stop the one that was banned, but others would stop as well, since they do not want to get banned. The effects would be lower sells of charms, lost money. Sudden drops in income will get those in the real power to look at why, they see the drops in charm sells, they ask why, some GM/Mod then looking for a new job.

Not the fault of the GM/Mod, they got family's to feed too. No point in blaming them nor in expecting them to risk their job in fixing a very profitable game glitch.

That is just the way life is.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

The veno who's in the middle of cheating.... hell no.
    If I see someone cheating I don't want to help them, or be associated with them in any way shape or form. I invite veno's I see standing around bosses all the time. I picked up 2 veno's around khewy into my team. 1 for suzerix, 2 for cultivation 49 bosses. I have a core group of 3 I team up with for every boss battle, and if there are people near the boss, we fill it in. But if a veno is already cheating.... we go straight for the "report abuse" button, and stay the hell away from her.
  • Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    Consuming 540 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4585.6. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC.

Sorry folks, this topic was just won.

Silly venos looking for anything they can to get people banned since they can't BUG bosses anymore?

It is NOT a bug, it is using the skill to its full potential. And there is NO way you can say otherwise.

The skill is NOT supposed to stop. The description is pretty clear.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Here's a better solution for your problems.

FIX THE BUGS! IN THE NEXT FOLLOWING MAJOR UPDATES! It's the ONLY WAY to solve this problem and deal with these EXPLOITATIONS. So, people will stop abusing these areas. Not that I'm demanding it, its just unfair for people getting banned because they are exploiting an UNFIXED bugs of the game.
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The Zhen bug if i understand the way it works correctly far more fills the definition of an "exploit" than the veno "gouf bug".

Why you might ask???? Simple, because of the way the bug is triggered, the archer is targeting a PLAYER not a monster, and the AOE spills over to the monsters!

Do archers NORMALLY go around PvPing in highly monster infested areas???? Probably not, this bug requires actions that can easily be defined as stepping outside of the normal game mechanics in order to trigger it.

The veno "gouf bug" simply requires a flying veno to attack a ground based mob with an air pet in order to trigger it.

Do venos NORMALLY attack ground based mobs with air pets???? You betcha!!! Is there any specific actions that you must take in order to do so??? Nope, just summon pet and attack... this falls WELL within the normal game mechanics.... YES it's a BUG when Gouf freezes and will not attack.... but is it really an "exploit"??? Possibly, if the Veno doing it has prior knowledge, which would be VERY hard to prove since the actions to trigger it fall within normal game mechanics.

Don't you fools even understand???? It's not about which offers the greatest advantage, or even which one requires REAL money to be spent...... it's about KNOWINGLY STEPPING OUTSIDE of NORMAL GAME MECHANICS in order to do something that would NOT NORMALLY BE POSSIBLE........ THAT is an exploit and is the ONLY acceptable definition of EXPLOIT that can or should be used in ANY MMORPG.

I'm sorry, but if PWI staff is banning for gouf yet refuses to ban for zhen, they are OBVIOUSLY showing a HEAVY bias towards Zen purchasers and this situation should be dealt with.immediatly..... punishment should be issued to those GMs who do not enforce the rules equally and JUSTLY......... RANT OVER!b:angry
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »

QFT. That's what the barrage skill says word for word. Now I think everyone can understand why archers have not, and will not be banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.