Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Options

Comments

• Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i luv hating threads b:pleased

while we are at it, lets vote for veno pets to get nerfed, so they cant solo HH b:pleased
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i luv hating threads b:pleased

while we are at it, lets vote for veno pets to get nerfed, so they cant solo HH b:pleased

Yeah, and maybe we can vote for archers damage from bows to be "nerfed" since they already have a range advantage....... or maybe we can just stick to the topic at hand.... which is presenting the question "Why are people being banned for some bugs, but not for others???"..... read much????
  • Goldrac - Lost City
    Goldrac - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    m i understand that archers bug is that they can use skill non stop, but i still dont get what WF bug is? that wf can lure target without luring his company? or that WF pets are tanks and can tank to much?

ive played with WF in MY server, didnt heard that was banable any of these, i mean, wf means to be played almost solo, thats why wf hawe good tanks, i asume maybe that puling is glich, but as solo class, ur preaty dead if u pull to much.

anyway its up to gms/dew to figure it out whats banable whats not, but if u ban one, ban another too.

or its agein, rich rulez, poors just for rich that they hawe to play with something around?

oh and if i misunderstand what wf bug is plz explain then :( i dont ask hot to do it, just what bug is it)

edit: ok seams i mised some post, so wf bug is that somehow its become earborne and then let ground pet(tank) do all job?
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah, and maybe we can vote for archers damage from bows to be "nerfed" since they already have a range advantage....... or maybe we can just stick to the topic at hand.... which is presenting the question "Why are people being banned for some bugs, but not for others???"..... read much????

It's not a bug.

If anything, judging by the skill description the bug here is that barrage STOPS after the target goes down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    notice that classes who complain are the ones who are not in demand for Zhen party... >.>

Point of this thread is because they are not in demand for zhen party, that's why they have to make some BS excuse to exclude archers on Zhen parties. So What's next? Blue and Red Ball being bugged?? Wizzies AoE skill bugged for running continuously?
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It's not a bug.

If anything, judging by the skill description the bug here is that barrage STOPS after the target goes down.

It is not only a bug, it is clear and deliberate exploitation of a bug..... and here's why.

The Zhen bug if i understand the way it works correctly far more fills the definition of an "exploit" than the veno "gouf bug".

Why you might ask???? Simple, because of the way the bug is triggered, the archer is targeting a PLAYER not a monster, and the AOE spills over to the monsters!

Do archers NORMALLY go around PvPing in highly monster infested areas???? Probably not, this bug requires actions that can easily be defined as stepping outside of the normal game mechanics in order to trigger it.

The veno "gouf bug" simply requires a flying veno to attack a ground based mob with an air pet in order to trigger it.

Do venos NORMALLY attack ground based mobs with air pets???? You betcha!!! Is there any specific actions that you must take in order to do so??? Nope, just summon pet and attack... this falls WELL within the normal game mechanics.... YES it's a BUG when Gouf freezes and will not attack.... but is it really an "exploit"??? Possibly, if the Veno doing it has prior knowledge, which would be VERY hard to prove since the actions to trigger it fall within normal game mechanics.

Don't you fools even understand???? It's not about which offers the greatest advantage, or even which one requires REAL money to be spent...... it's about KNOWINGLY STEPPING OUTSIDE of NORMAL GAME MECHANICS in order to do something that would NOT NORMALLY BE POSSIBLE........ THAT is an exploit and is the ONLY acceptable definition of EXPLOIT that can or should be used in ANY MMORPG.

I'm sorry, but if PWI staff is banning for gouf yet refuses to ban for zhen, they are OBVIOUSLY showing a HEAVY bias towards Zen purchasers and this situation should be dealt with.immediatly..... punishment should be issued to those GMs who do not enforce the rules equally and JUSTLY......... RANT OVER!b:angry
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    archer's barrage skill stopping when the target is dead is the bug. just read the skill description

wizard also needs a target to activate the skill, but ours doesn't stop. wizard skill is working how it should.

please fix archer
    omg im posting stuff.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    Consuming 540 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4585.6. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC.

For those still not aware of this. The bug as has been mentioned before is the barrage skill actually STOPPING when a mob goes down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    For those still not aware of this. The bug as has been mentioned before is the barrage skill actually STOPPING when a mob goes down.

Then WHY are they targeting another PLAYER instead of the MOBS??????? Simple, because they can keep the skill GOING by keeping that PLAYER alive!!!!! EXPLOIT pure and simple!!!!!!
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Then WHY are they targeting another PLAYER instead of the MOBS??????? Simple, because they can keep the skill GOING by keeping that PLAYER alive!!!!! EXPLOIT pure and simple!!!!!!

What the hell? In the skill description it specifically says TARGET and ENEMIES! A TARGET can also be another player.

NOWHERE does it say the target HAS to be a mob.

Also: The player is not kept alive. It's a duel, you don't actually DIE when you lose a duel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

they don't target another monster because the skill is broken. it's not meant to stop.

targeting another player is the only way to make this barrage skill work how it should.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What the hell? In the skill description it specifically says TARGET and ENEMIES! A TARGET can also be another player.

NOWHERE does it say the target HAS to be a mob.

Also: The player is not kept alive. It's a duel, you don't actually DIE when you lose a duel.

When a mob is the target you intend to kill yet you initiate the attack by attacking another player in order to keep the skill going because the TARGET did not die, it IS exploiting a flaw in the game system.

Ohhh and no where does it say in the pet descriptions that a venos air pet HAS to attack air based mobs..... yet they still get banned for attacking a ground boss?????
    edited November 2008
    Options
    When a mob is the target you intend to kill yet you initiate the attack by attacking another player in order to keep the skill going because the TARGET did not die, it IS exploiting a flaw in the game system.

Ohhh and no where does it say in the pet descriptions that a venos air pet HAS to attack air based mobs..... yet they still get banned for attacking a ground boss?????

Stop being an idiot. The skill description says in black and white "SKILL WILL NOT STOP!".

You're fighting a lost cause.

Fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Stop being an idiot. The skill description says in black and white "SKILL WILL NOT STOP!".

You're fighting a lost cause.

Fail.

YET the skill DOES stop when used NORMALLY when the target MOB has died...... correct?????
    Just because it is not mentioned in the skill description that the SKILL WILL STOP WHEN TARGET DIES does not mean that it's ok to make it work how YOU think it should work by stepping outside of the normal game mechanics.

and YES I AM aruguing a lost cause, because I KNOW nothing will be done to correct this... or to punish those abusing it, while Venos get banned for fighting a ground mob with an airpet..... but ATLEAST I am in a position to see the hypocrisy of the situation......
    edited November 2008
    Options
    YET the skill DOES stop when used NORMALLY when the target MOB has died...... correct?????
    Just because it is not mentioned in the skill description that the SKILL WILL STOP WHEN TARGET DIES does not mean that it's ok to make it work how YOU think it should work by stepping outside of the normal game mechanics.

and YES I AM aruguing a lost cause, because I KNOW nothing will be done to correct this... or to punish those abusing it, while Venos get banned for fighting a ground mob with an airpet..... but ATLEAST I am in a position to see the hypocrisy of the situation......

Read the godamn skill description.

The skill is broken, its not SUPPOSED to stop when the mob goes down. It's broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options

The skill is broken, its not SUPPOSED to stop when the mob goes down. It's broken.

I did read the skill description, just because you THINK it is not supposed to stop when the mob goes down DOES NOT make it OK for you to MAKE it work that way by exploting the game system...... that skill description could be erronous for all I know, but even if it's not that DOES NOT give you the right to use loopholes in the game system to make it work properly.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm done responding to you. You cannot seem to comprehend a simple skill description.

I bet you're just another finger pointing veno -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    And you cannot seem to comprehend simple comprehension, I AKNOWLEDGED the error in the skill description, but you cannot seem to comprehend that.

And just for the record, I have never reported anyone for anything..... not only that, but i REFUSE to report people for abusing "bugs", when the "bug" should be fixed in the first place..... I would no more report you for Zhening than I would a Veno for using an airpet on Gouf............ so how am I "a finger pointing veno"????
    edited November 2008
    Options
    One last question...How can you be so sure its an error?

How can you be so sure that the skill is NOT broken?

Seriously now, this is kindergarten. Just because you cant bug boss mobs you have to take your anger out on the archers. Grow up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    How can you be so sure that it's not an error???

And i have never "bugged" a boss, nor would I, since I have knowledge of it, that would make me guilty of exploiting a bug, just because I would not report someone else for doing it, and just because I do not feel that it's even close to being serious enough to ban someone over, does not mean that I would do it myself.

And I have no desire to see archers banned for Zhening either, just saying that fair is fair.... and if they're going to make "exploiting" one bug a bannable offense then the same should go for all.
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    don'y be so uptight ban is wrong i think a looooooooooooooooooooooong suspension
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    don'y be so uptight ban is wrong i think a looooooooooooooooooooooong suspension

Actually I think they should either fix the stupid bugs or leave everyone alone..... but "live and let live" does not seem to be one of thier policies
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think they should get off their asses and actually post an FAQ TELLING players what is and isn't bannable. Personally I think its silly to find the answers to any of the cases, you have to dig 10 pages deep into a 20 page thread to find the GM response to that particular question.
    Much like this case here. a GM will post sometime in the next 3 pages or so. We will have an answer, and then people will continue to get banned because not only did they not check the forums, but they didn't filter through 100 flame posts of veno's and archers screaming at each other like 6 year old children.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

Is there anything in the description that somehow indicates it should behave differently for mobs and players as target?
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

how about stop posting just for the sake of filling space on forum

archer zhening is NOT a bug, thats what the skill does, lasts until canceled or press esc b:bye

btw never, dont waste ur time with FOX dude, obvious hes a hater :) i hope all WF get banned for bug abuse , kthxbai
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    GM's will never ban EA's on this glitch.
    You know why???
    Cuz a zhenning EA will make PWI money.
    It's all about the Benjamins baby.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    btw never, dont waste ur time with FOX dude, obvious hes a hater :) i hope all WF get banned for bug abuse , kthxbai

All WF or all players ? lol.
    It's rlly funny how venos r the "bad evil exploiters" but archers are ok.
    "Ban venos!!! N > Archer for zen party"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

I'm done responding to you. You cannot seem to comprehend a simple skill description.

I bet you're just another finger pointing veno -.-
    One last question...How can you be so sure its an error?

Seriously now, this is kindergarten. Just because you cant bug boss mobs you have to take your anger out on the archers. Grow up.

I love how over the course of the entire thread you slowly started to contradict yourself. And yet you insist on degrading people for being wrong. At first you said it wasn't a bug. Then basically said well it's not really a bug it's just the skill doesn't stop until the players dead [that's where you contradict yourself, the fact the you don't die in a duel is what makes it a bug...] Then you began agreeing that it was a bug [by complaining that it is just a broken skill [avoiding the word bug] which by the way, eliminated the whole point of you posting on this thread in the first place since obviously your original goal here was to say the EA bug isn't a bug at all and shouldn't be bannable. GG you should stop posting in threads because I'm getting annoyed of you posting **** simply to bash people. I quote you nub, "Fail".
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Much like this case here. a GM will post sometime in the next 3 pages or so. We will have an answer, and then people will continue to get banned because not only did they not check the forums, but they didn't filter through 100 flame posts of veno's and archers screaming at each other like 6 year old children.

Basically. I don't know if this whole archer thing is a bug abuse or not. But Venos, just stop attacking Gouf from the air, problem solved.

The chances of a Veno sending a flying pet directly down on Gouf and bugging it is there, but it's slim. It could only happen if one, you send your flying pet to attack everything (why one would send a flying pet to attack a miniboss/boss is beyond me), or two, you know about the bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Basically. I don't know if this whole archer thing is a bug abuse or not. But Venos, just stop attacking Gouf from the air, problem solved.

Archers stop abusing the glitch for your zen parties, problem solved.

From the TOS:
    You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
This discussion has been closed.