Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
So, you ban venos for glitching 3 boss in the games. Fine.

Why don't you ban archers for glitching in zhen parties?

Don't you think that the same offense should bring the same punishment?

An official anwer from PWE's admins on this subject would be welcomed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
Post edited by Blancheneige - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    <(=___________________________=)>;
  • Everlusting - Lost City
    Everlusting - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    (,,,)=^_^=(,,,)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    <;..;>
    makes me wonder as i suppose being able to carry on your AoE after the duel is finished is actualy a glitch yes,
    but the venomancers being able to Solo a boss is far more of a bigger deal then carrying on a AoE after a duel,
    no class should be able to solo any boss on this game, 1 reason is its unfair as venos have the game **** easy anyway from the very beginning and letting them able to solo a boss is OTT
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm not particulary far into the game yet, but so far I could solo every boss --- given sufficient level difference. As of now, this means all the "FB19" bosses (although I haven't done the Human yet, but I suspect it's no different than the other two) and all the quest bosses up to but not yet including Krixxix.

I don't really see the point of standing in town asking a bunch of highlevels to do my quests for me. Yes, I do offer this kind of assistance if needed, but that doesn't mean I have to do it myself.

I haven't seen that Gouf boss yet, but I'm not entirely sure what to do when I arrive there. Expect another question-post when I do, since I don't want to risk even trying him since I don't know whether the strategy triggers the ban-trap or not. So far, I know that you're not supposed to lure the boss --- right now this is all I know, and it may or may not be helpful to know since I generally lure the minions, not the boss itself. However, I have lured bosses occasionally to relocate them to more comfortable positions...
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    <;..;>
    makes me wonder as i suppose being able to carry on your AoE after the duel is finished is actualy a glitch yes,
    but the venomancers being able to Solo a boss is far more of a bigger deal then carrying on a AoE after a duel,
    no class should be able to solo any boss on this game, 1 reason is its unfair as venos have the game **** easy anyway from the very beginning and letting them able to solo a boss is OTT

I'm sorry but are u drunk or just severly prejudice towards venos?

A veno ganing 300exp after spending 5-10min to kill a boss and unlocking the next section to a quest path doesnt exactly strike me as being "worse" than gaining several thousands of exp in the same timeframe - also at minimal risk to the archer because hes constantly using a skill thats supposed to require 2fury per cast.

I say a great big F.. THIS to double standards!!
    GM's ban venos for completely benine things and now they let archers keep their big fat bottomless exp tresure chests?
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I say ban them both. The problem is that you wont find many people reporting archers who abuse this bug. Why would they? The only people that would be witness to an archer abusing the bug are their Zhen party members or other people who also Zhen and are looking for a Zhen spot. Simple fact: if a Veno doesn't want to be banned, don't abuse any glitches/bugs. Veno's need to stop pointing fingers at other classes and learn to play the game without abusing glitches or bugs.
  • Radrock - Heavens Tear
    Radrock - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im confused as i have not been to a zhen party but what is the archer glitch you are talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shadow Guild Executor
    PerfectShadow.com
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Should be banned.
    Veno abuses glitch(advance in quest...wow) = ZOMG Q_Q YOU KILLED BOSS OMG BAN
    Archer abuses glitch(thousands of exp) = ok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • jenenji
    edited November 2008
    Should be banned.
    Veno abuses glitch(advance in quest...wow) = ZOMG Q_Q YOU KILLED BOSS OMG BAN
    Archer abuses glitch(thousands of exp) = ok

It's not ok for either class to abuse glitches or bugs. Once again, Venos should stop pointing fingers and learn to play the game without abusing ANY glitch or bug.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Some of us do play normally
    I'd like the GMs to put the banhammer on archers as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As I have said before Smex, I agree with you.

I think you and I may disagree on our views of the Gouf situation ( I personally believe using a loop hole in the game mechanics to avoid taking damage to you or a pet to be an abuse, but that's just me.) But I fully support your point of equal punishment. If they choose to ban one player (or a class for that matter) for abusing a game mechanic loophole, then absolutely, they need to ban any character abusing a game mechanic loophole, regardless of rewards from said loop hole.

I think the "fix" for the Gouf situation is more difficult than might originally be viewed (but there is a simple "quick" fix). It's not just about Gouf, or any other boss that can be bugged in a similar fashion. It involves the entire combat targetting system, because you can actually use the exact same "bug" on any non-ranged, land based mob. Most don't worry about that aspect because most every class can kill normal mobs of equal level one on one. Besides, it wouldn't be time effective to bug every mob that way.

And, again, for the record, you don't need a bunch of super high level, green weapon wielding players to kill Gouf. You just simply need to assess your party's strengths and weaknesses and form a "co-operative" plan of attack, not everyone doing their own thing and not worrying about pull aggro (or holding it for that matter), a plan on what to do if aggro is pulled, and how to moderate your damage out put to keep everyone alive. Team work people.

But yes, I do believe the Venos are getting singled out here. Maybe slapping a few archers around will make people aware that everyone can and will be targetted for punishment if they circumnavigate the game mechanics.

I also think, to avoid the inevitable arguements of "How are we supposed to know what is and is not bannable" that in game GMs should isolate the player, explain that their actions are banable, that a note has been added to that player's file and if they are caught abusing the same bug again then they will be banned, then return them to game play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im confused as i have not been to a zhen party but what is the archer glitch you are talking about?

Smexxyfox already very well summarized the exploit on another thread, so i hope she wont mind me copying it here.
    The archer skill works like this, you target a mob and start the skill.. The skill will continue to do aoe dmg from the point of origin(the mob you target) until the mob dies or ur mana dies.

The "exploit": you duel a another player and shoot that player till hes about 10% hp, then use the the AOE skill to deliver the killing blow, however the skill doesnt stop there it keeps going on(provided you have a mp charm). Now a priest starts a blue bubble and everyone starts luring mobs and everyone gets tons and TONS of exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hehe... whats next the crit arrow bug? Archers are the only ones who can't take advantage of that, and i am sure there are other classes out there with a crit arrow where its not suppose to be (including veno).
  • jenenji
    edited November 2008
    Some of us do play normally
    I'd like the GMs to put the banhammer on archers as well.

Like I said in my other post, I think either class should be banned for abusing glitches/bugs. The problem is that you dont have an archer standing alone in a high traffic area abusing a glitch unlike the Venos that are getting banned. It is very easy to spot a Veno doing this and anybody passing by can hit the report button and have a gm show up.

You won't hear of many people turing in an Archer for their glitch because anyone witnessing this is either,

A: In the party
    B: In another party with an Archer looking for a Zhen spot.
    or
    C: Passing by and doesn't know about the glitch/bug.
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I propose we ban venomancers that use ripping bite in pvp! b:pleased

Is the OP jealous that they can't zhen like everyone else? Learn to lure.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Venos get banned not because they can solo some bosses, but because they can solo some bosses of similar level by using methods that leave them safe from attack. Archers doing this can still be attacked/killed while doing it, so it is not so much a glitch as it is a broken skill. To still do it constantly, just for the purpose of getting exp, is still exploiting something which is broken, but is probably less effective than normal activity. To suggest that other zhen parties won't be reporting eachother is a bit short sighted, if you are not part of that party, you gain nothing by allowing an archer to abuse this. And if the archer is in one of the main guilds, they will probably be reported, if only out of hopes that the archer, and anyone else in that group (probably other members of that faction) will get banned.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    jenenji wrote: »
    It's not ok for either class to abuse glitches or bugs. Once again, Venos should stop pointing fingers and learn to play the game without abusing ANY glitch or bug.

Yea but its ok for archers to do as they like while venos are getting banned? And its ok for GM's to zealousley stalk all the bug-able boses to ban venos but they ignore zhen sports and parties?
    You yourself said "It's not ok for either class to abuse glitches or bugs." but you only speak out against venos as being the bad apples?

Ban both or none, nuff said! (just because archers buy charms doesnt mean they are above the law)
  • jenenji
    edited November 2008
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    To suggest that other zhen parties won't be reporting eachother is a bit short sighted, if you are not part of that party, you gain nothing by allowing an archer to abuse this. And if the archer is in one of the main guilds, they will probably be reported, if only out of hopes that the archer, and anyone else in that group (probably other members of that faction) will get banned.

You are joking, right? How many threads have read that have been started by an archer complaining that were banned for abusing this glitch/bug? Not many, if any. There is a simple reason for this. People benefit from having an archer in their party abusing this glitch/bug. There are Zhen parties going on 24/7 all over the map. You would think that with the amount of Zhen parties that there would be alot more complaing about archers getting banned. You are the one that is being short sighted here.
  • jenenji
    edited November 2008
    Yea but its ok for archers to do as they like while venos are getting banned? And its ok for GM's to zealousley stalk all the bug-able boses to ban venos but they ignore zhen sports and parties?
    You yourself said "It's not ok for either class to abuse glitches or bugs." but you only speak out against venos as being the bad apples?

Ban both or none, nuff said! (just because archers buy charms doesnt mean they are above the law)

I said both should be banned for abusing any glitch/bug. Venos are the only ones on here complaining about being banned for obviously abusing a glitch /bug. If you don't want to have your account banned, DON'T ABUSE A GLITCH/BUG. It is as simple as that.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm sorry but are u drunk or just severly prejudice towards venos?

A veno ganing 300exp after spending 5-10min to kill a boss and unlocking the next section to a quest path doesnt exactly strike me as being "worse" than gaining several thousands of exp in the same timeframe - also at minimal risk to the archer because hes constantly using a skill thats supposed to require 2fury per cast.

I say a great big F.. THIS to double standards!!
    GM's ban venos for completely benine things and now they let archers keep their big fat bottomless exp tresure chests?

Allow me to answer why this is:

Archers need mp heiros to zhen. More zhen = more money for PWE!

Veno bug = nothing for PWE = banhammer!
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    SpecgoesEmo,

U hit the nail on the head there.
    It's blatant hypocrisy and double standards to be tolerating one bug and hitting down on another while still saying 'bugs' are bad mkay?

Fox.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008

I said the same thing before in one thread.

Thief! b:chuckle
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    >.> bug.... IMO, ... well fairly..

archers can't zen without a target meaning, archers need a party to mobilize while Veno is a solo machine.

Archers can't solo bosses while venos can *some bosses*

Why ban someone who makes the game run like it should be? (Charms, Exp scrolls needs real money to be Acquired.

There is nothing on the description on archer's skill that tolerates us not to use a continues skill on people "other continuous AoE skills are implied such as blueball and etc."

Archers get credit from using that "TACTIC" because their wasting REAL MONEY while veno doesn't.

In other sense.... our skill doesn't stop unless we press esc.. is there something wrong with that? would that be called bugging?

Is it really bugging? we still use a skill to kill mobs.. which is a continous skill, which is not called BUGGING.

Veno bugging in fb29 is likely bannable. >.> just kill the freaking tower and the door is open. "I think it's stupid to bug a fb29 even in equal level.

soloing bosses? it's unfair.

archers' barrage? = fair
    veno's capability of soloing bosses? = unfair

veno's can solo HH and other instances equal to their level.. isn't that enough? archers can't do that, so give us the opportunity to use our barrage to grind.

Venos earns money
    Archers waste money

>.> I write too much. *poof*
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Venos don't require 5 gold per day to glitch.

End of discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Is it really bugging? we still use a skill to kill mobs.. which is a continous skill, which is not called BUGGING.

Right because since you're continuously using the same skill, not losing any fury, and paying for you to be able to abuse this glitch, you think you are free from any harm or credit for what you're doing.

Please, for the sake of everyone here, either stop playing or stop glitching - and I mean that to everyone. It doesn't matter what race your character is, what matters is that you are still abusing a glitch or a bug/defect in the game.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this thread is lol
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Sad to say, but it's true. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear
    Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Venos don't require 5 gold per day to glitch.

End of discussion.

so ppl who pay can use bugs without being banned?

well . let me offer 100 usd to PWE than i can dmg ****.

what a stupid answer from you.

Gouf and other "glitchable" boss are only land boss . no fb / no TT / no IMPORTANT boss that give TONES of xp. FYI i prefere to kill normal mobs. in 10 minutes i can easylly kill 30/40, not only 1 boss who give 300 xp

yes, we cqn do quests by killing those boss : but who haven't done those quests yet ???? those boss are really easy than a tank + a heal can do it without any problem. veno must be 2 to tank it too, without any problem, at same lvl.

no i don't glitch, ask GM. yes i do zhen party. but
    now lets talk about Archer,who are Zhening all day long.as you said, they spend charm but have :
    1/ 300 xp per 10 minutes?
    2/ Tones of XP per hour?

thing about which one is really good :

spending 4 $ (gold hiero) for 2 hours zhening and OMFG xp ?
    spending nothing and having 1800 xp per hour ( if you kill 6 boss in 1 hour) ?

i'm sure you like not to be veno now.

so stop saying **** things. Veno can glitch, yes, but nothing UNBALANCE the game.
    Archers can use bug, and it greatly unbalance the game.

but ppl will continue to QQ on veno. jaleousy?

(and yes veno Zhen too, learn how to play )
  • Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear
    Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Archers get credit from using that "TACTIC" because their wasting REAL MONEY while veno doesn't.

Bug is the right therm.
    soloing bosses? it's unfair.
    unfair yes, maybe if you want. but still not a bug. ask Devs to make venos weaker.
    archers' barrage? = fair
    veno's capability of soloing bosses? = unfair
    archer tons of xp in some minutes : unfair
    veno 300 xp in 10 minutes : LOL
    veno's can solo HH and other instances equal to their level.. isn't that enough? archers can't do that, so give us the opportunity to use our barrage to grind.
    lol. even if they can solo TT, it takes more than 1 hhour, in solo mode, to have a small chance to have one Mat.
    if you don't have friends, don't accuse Venos.
    Venos earns money
    Archers waste money
    wrong
    veno don't have money easily .
    you should write
    archers earn xp
    venos don't
  • Fivefive - Lost City
    Fivefive - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What makes the "bugged" AoE Archer skill any different from the level 29 Wizard fire skill?
This discussion has been closed.