OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• zeltar1066
    zeltar1066 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Have you been manufacturing lvl 3 equipments?

yes, and on the off chance i had been doing the wrong thing, i manufactured all 3 of the levels of equipment available, still no gain.

How can i resolve this situation??
  • Mordread - Heavens Tear
    Mordread - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ok not sure if this is right place but when i buff myself with Spirits Gift my Chars magic attack stats do change but the actual damage to the mobs whether i have buff or not does not change at all, this is since yesterday. I noticed it by seeing that it took more hits to kill the very same mob, (not ones with extended life or increased defence etc), than it did yesterday. basically although in character information the stats change the actual damage im doing doesn't in anyway. this is with spirits gift level 5 and if it does change it isnt the 45% of base attack but 4.5% if that of actual damage to the mobs. I tried both buff and no buff and no difference either way. now i know this effects the weapon dmg but that is what im saying. no effect seems to be there at all
  • aftermathrar
    aftermathrar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I play in windowed mode with all sounds off, and when i click out of the window, then go back to it, if there is a sound effect going on, such as spell charging, gathering materials, or especially background noise in a town, it will start playing when I bring up the window. The background noises will loop and keep playing every few seconds, as they probably do when sound is on. To correct the problem, every time I bring up the window, I have to go to options, slide SFX Volume up a bit then back down, then hit any of the buttons at the bottom.

I can give system stuff if you guys need it.
  • redravenhawk
    redravenhawk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So I keep trying to download the game, and then at about 83% it stops and says cannot connect to server. I tried everything and I can't figure out what to do.b:cry
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Confirmed, this did not happen before last patch.

EDIT
    I did a bunch of tests outside west archo gate.
    Without weapon:
    Plume shot 10 unbuffed = 1458
    Plume shot 10 buffed = 1488
    Thunder 1 on ghouls unbuffed = 1988
    Thunder 1 on ghouls buffed = 2018

(always adding 30 dmg, using +35% spirit gift)

With weapon, the damage variation was ALMOST unoticeable, with the HIGHEST damage being 100 higher than without the buff (3500 thunder -> 3600 thunder). Cant really test well with weapon since they have a min and max value difference of usually 100 points.

GMs please check this.
  • halliday
    halliday Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm a level 30 Venomancer with 220 rep however i still cannot get the quest for "awareness of principle". I've done ALL my quests of that level range. I've also done a lot of the Archosaur quests thinking that more rep might let me access the quest.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jackpwnsu/PWIawareofprinciple1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jackpwnsu/PWIawareofprinciple2.jpg

Without this quest I can't move up in cultivation levels, and can't get some of my skills.
  • Hallidae - Sanctuary
    Hallidae - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ah... I just noticed the next pinned thread in the sub-forum about spiriture cultivation 19, good to know a fix is gonna come out.
  • trisket
    trisket Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello. I have a problem with the skin color customization. In the customization screen, when I pick the default 1, 3, or 5 (the ones with the big poofy tails) I am no longer able to change the body skin color. When I set the skin color option, it modifies the color of the head and the tail, but the body remains unchanged. I tried a few of the other preset bodies, and the coloring worked fine there. Is there anyway to get the body skin color to change along with the facial skin color?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That customization issue is a known issue, I think it is just with the Venomancer with the Fox tail.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • trisket
    trisket Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Okay, thanks. Is there anything I need to do so my character will look right when they fix it? Ive been running around two-toned right now.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Um, enjoy the feature? b:pleased

Seriously, I don't know. It's been reported, and it's a known issue. No idea on a planned fix, or ETA for that issue.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Brekana - Lost City
    Brekana - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the thing whit clearing the lower line in ur inventory it really works=) i did my culti and fb19 today whitout removing any of the things jolly gave me.
  • Monstrosity - Heavens Tear
    Monstrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081031220346ck2.png

Just a small bug when I was on my wizard doing the quest depicted in the picture. As you should be able to see, I have completed the quest (look at the tracker near the top left and the quest log), yet I have no one to talk to to finish it.
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Since last patch, the character creation no longer filter non alphabetical letters, and we see all kinds of strange names with spaces and foreign symbols appearing, which causes various problems when trying to whisper them, with right clic functions on their names and with identity usurpation.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Info you need to know before reading this post:
    ~Difference between EST and PST timezone is 3 hours
    ~Heaven's Tears and Lost City were stated to be EST servers, while the nonexistant Plume City and Etherblade are suppose to be PST

Now for the Bug
    I'm not sure if anybody else noticed this but I think I found a reason why many weekly/daily ingame events are bugged. (Also related to the daily quests)

Most of you probably already know Hou Jenhsi refreshes her Golden Quest Icon above her head at 12 AM EST but cannot actually accept the quest until 3 AM EST (12 AM PST). I think this has to deal with why we cannot enter certain events in PWI. The server gives us the option to take timely schedule events using EST timezone, but prevents us from actually entering the event until the time matches PST timezone. The OPTION to take the event ends using EST timezone, but the event actually ends using PST timezone.

Here is my theory on the bug. Take Horse Racing for example.

It begins at 1230 PM EST and 930 PM EST daily, giving you the option to select enter horse race at the Adventure Assistant. When you show up, you will get the same "mission contradiction" that Hou Jenhsi gives for 3 hours. The Horse Race Event only lasts for 30 minutes. The option to select "Enter Horse Race" disappears at 1 PM EST and 10 PM EST, exactly 30 minutes later. However, the server has to play "3-hour catch up" before we can actually enter the event. By then, the option to enter no longer exists.

Here is an example that supports this theory, the Dragon Palace Event

The Dragon Palace event starts at 8 PM EST on Tuesdays and lasts until 12 AM EST, 4 hours long. When 8 PM EST comes, the option to enter the Dragon Palace Event shows up. But when you click it, you get "Misson Contradiction" or "Incorrect Mission Timespan." It isn't until 11 PM EST (exactly 3 hours later to match PST timezone) does the option actually allow you to enter. One more hour later, at 12 AM EST (the ending time of the event) the option to enter the event disappears. However, people can still stay inside the event until 3 AM EST (12 AM PST).

So in conclusion, any event lasting for 3 hours or less cannnot be entered due to this timezone mix up. Only Dragon Palace and City of Abomination allows you to enter because they last 4 hours long, giving you 1 hour to enter the event.

Sorry if this is confusing.

I just confirmed my theory to be correct.

~Here's what I did:

12:20 EST, I went to the Adventure Assistant. The "Horse Race" option was available. Clicking the option gave me "Invalid Mission" error.

12:21 EST, I re-opened the window with the Adventure Assistant. This time I did NOT click the "Horse Race" option. Instead I just left it open and went AFK

12:30 EST, the "Horse Race" option disappears for anybody that tries to open up the window at this point in time. I however still have that option because I opened it before 12:30. I still do NOT clickthe option.

4:21 EST, exactly 4 hours later (should be 3 hours but this week is daylight savings week). I click the "Horse Race" option

4:22 EST, I get teleported to the Snake Island for the Horse Race event. I receive the quest that allows me to stay on the island for 30 minutes. The countdown timer begins now. I wait for the NPC to give me the quest to start the race. Knowing that the time conflict bug still exists, I know that I would not be able to get the quest since it only appears at 12:30 EST to 1:00 EST.

4:30 EST, Quest to start the race still does not appear. However I am still on the island

4:52 EST, exactly 30 minutes later, the timer for my stay on Snake Island runs out. I get kicked out to Archosaur.

~Seriously, how hard is it to fix this problem? It's just a simple bug with timezones...
  • skyexdragon
    skyexdragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you see i just leveled on my barb lvl 27 to 28 but i didn't get my attribute points what did i do wrong to make this happen?
  • toonix
    toonix Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think its a bit lame that you guys have one single long **** thread for in game bug reports.
    Well i read the first 10 pages of this thread, and i didn't read the last 60 so I don't know if my issues have been reported already.

My Issue is with the in-game auction house.
    I seem to have had items completely dissappear in the auction house.
    I never received a message that items had sold, and I don't know if i received coin too.
    It would be most convienient if coin from the auction house went to the bank account, then I would know if i had received money.

I put wrong price on one item and cancled the auction, but item was not returned to my inventory!
    I never received item back from the auction house that did not sell.

As far as i can tell the auction is not functioning properly and is simply eating my items.

EDIT: OK NOT A BUG, I FOUND MY MISSING ITEMS IN THE MAILBOX
  • ladyaradia
    ladyaradia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Earlier on before maintenance began my character was STUCK in one spot. I took a screenshot.

This is on the SANCTUARY server at 12:42 am Central. I'm LadyAradia. No amount of walking, swimming, or jumping in any direction would budge me out of this exact spot..

23utzx3.jpg
  • Ladyaradia - Sanctuary
    Ladyaradia - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    UGH, edit:

Im on the SANCTUARY, not Heaven's Tear, SERVER.
  • Aftermathrar - Sanctuary
    Aftermathrar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    20081019000155ke8.jpg

Numbers don't match.
  • Looloo - Heavens Tear
    Looloo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I dont know, but I can't connect to any of the servers and its very annoying 8(.
  • Caiyue - Heavens Tear
    Caiyue - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just encountered something odd, don't know if it's a bug or not. I was at Battlemark Village on a quest, and saw that Jolly Old Jones was still there for some reason. The odd thing was, he gave me another Jones' Blessing, even though I still had one with more than a day left on it. Even if he was supposed to continue giving them out after the event had ended, weren't you supposed to get only one per week?
  • johntrin
    johntrin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey, I just created a new character.

This is sort of a small bug, but an annoying one!

My character has a Chinese style braid/ponytail. When he's running, there's some clipping and the braid passes through his body. Here are some pics

Here is him standing normal. No problem here
    2h4bbjk.jpg

Here is him running. As you can see, there is some clipping.
    2hmnh9x.jpg

Hopefully it'll be easy to fix!
  • Kisshin - Lost City
    Kisshin - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey i have a couple of problems... i was tryin to kill a mob of the midnight jackaleopardites and for whatever reason i couldnt click on anything to attack or to move... then half of the hotkeys i had wouldnt work, so i tried logging out AND exiting the program... it would let me log out, change my character or exit the program so i hit alt+tab, and esc.. still wouldnt let me out... so i unplugged my computer... when i went to log back in, the system said i was already logged in, and i couldnt log in >_< someone help me plz >,..,<

also another thing... for whatever reason it wont show my hair in the forums... is kinda wierd... and annoying
  • johntrin
    johntrin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I sometimes get a run-time error when I start up the console and it's checking the client. It doesn't affect anything though; I can still play the game fine.

Heres a pic:
    2wdn29f.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Have you tried the Verify option in the front end of the game?

Start the game, select Verify, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match.

This will take some time. Please be patient.

After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If this does not help, you may need to uninstall, and then re-install and freshly patch the game.
  • zenas
    zenas Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I just downloaded the game onto my computer and when i tried to play it said updating. After a while the updating froze and so I went to the site and download the manual patch and this is what happened. Yes I have re-downloaded both the game and the patcher.corupted.jpg
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Have you tried the Verify option in the front end of the game?

Start the game, select Verify, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match.

This will take some time. Please be patient.

After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• moffeia
    moffeia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I killed Farng and the hole thing took me all day and when i was done and talked to the P.Taoist i never got the xp reward for doing the quest........what can i do?
  • moiraine
    moiraine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Arcane wristguards named heavy leggins

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pwibugwy8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.