so whats this age old BS about baning WF's for fb29/gouf?

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    IMO, it gives venos an unfair advantage to venos over other classes, being able to solo tough bosses all alone, even if their own level is lower/near the boss's. These bosses are meant to be hard to kill, needing either a full party or some high levels. Anyways, exploiting glitches is not my thing xD

Then I suggest to ban everyone who used glitch to zhen party... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Then I suggest to ban everyone who used glitch to zhen party... b:bye

And any veno that pulls. That's a bug as well. Try doing Forshura in TT 2-1 without a veno.

/endsarcasm
  • ryiah
    ryiah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It gives venos an unfair advantage to venos over other classes, being able to solo tough bosses all alone, even if their own level is lower/near the boss's. These bosses are meant to be hard to kill, needing either a full party or some high levels.
    I would say any glitch that makes it effectively effortless for the veno is unfair. However techniques, such as luring the mob through the door in FB29, aren't in my opinion unfair. Why? Because when you consider them, they don't so much remove the difficulty as simply speed up the process.

You could say, well pulling through the door allows you to avoid the tower. But really if they can't kill the tower how are they going to kill the boss? Or you could say it allows them to avoid the mobs inside the boss room. But they're even weaker than the enemies around the tower.

Frankly banning for FB29 and similar would be stupid. However I could see warnings and eventually bans for killing tough mobs outside of the dungeons. But, like others have said, I'd really like to see the GMs two-cents on this issue. Better now when the debate is sensible than later when its just a pointless flame war.
  • Rahh - Lost City
    Rahh - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *sigh*

So whats the point of venos ay ? catching bunny's all life b:chuckle ?
    there was lure since cn and i never heard of banning. Nor for banning by doing zhen.
    I mean come on hey would lose all their money income <.<

Oh and about fb and gouf.... I have no idea how to lure the boss from 29fb,never really had to anyway. But when you are in a desert with nobody around,your higher friends are busy or hate doing gouf.... I had to do it b:surrender
    But yah that was back in Pw-My-En

lol getting baned for pulling b:chuckle you hear a lot of strange things nowdays
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That is the interesting part of TOS concerning this. We all agree it's a glitch/bug. The part that is more debatable is the unfair advantage one.

IMO, it gives venos an unfair advantage to venos over other classes, being able to solo tough bosses all alone, even if their own level is lower/near the boss's. These bosses are meant to be hard to kill, needing either a full party or some high levels. Anyways, exploiting glitches is not my thing xD

I'm sorry but by your defenition a beast is gaining an unfair advantage cos it can easily tank really strong melee attack enemies and a Wiz has an unfair advantage because it has massive magic defences.
    Any veno I've ever seen alive would gladly help a party complete the boss using the "bug", I'd like to see beasts&clerics be so willing to tank it.

Then the biggest massive crazy HUGE issue here is that its a lvl 40-something boss/quest, ultimately 20 lvls down the line when the game actually "starts" it made no difference whatsoever. There is no advantage or gain over other classes because every class has his/her own strong/weak points.

If venos where really 5x stronger than other clases why is it that venos are not 5-10 levels ahead of the curve?
  • Seilen - Heavens Tear
    Seilen - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    Pulling the boss through the wall is a glitch, plain and simple. You abuse a glitch you deserve to get banned.

For those of you that refuse to use it, I thank you for playing the game as it was intended.

In that how about mobs agroing and attacking thru walls, will they or admins get banned for glitching ?

This game still have so many bugs that need to be fixed.

Anyway Gouf is too hard and there is few more bosses that you need team with some ppl 20 lvl higher then you, and its not for stupid quest you can skip now and do several levels later, its for cutlivation quests you have to finish to actualy learn new skills.

I would actually really see group of ppl which actually just get quest to kill gouf without glitching or help of someone much higher. Gouf onehit anyone without heavy armor which cannot do even more stronger bosses later in game.

I dont realy actualy care anymore, as we are able kill so far most of not all bosses till lvl 70+ but its not fair for starting guils with just lower players.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    In that how about mobs agroing and attacking thru walls, will they or admins get banned for glitching ?

This game still have so many bugs that need to be fixed.

Anyway Gouf is too hard and there is few more bosses that you need team with some ppl 20 lvl higher then you, and its not for stupid quest you can skip now and do several levels later, its for cutlivation quests you have to finish to actualy learn new skills.

I would actually really see group of ppl which actually just get quest to kill gouf without glitching or help of someone much higher. Gouf onehit anyone without heavy armor which cannot do even more stronger bosses later in game.

I dont realy actualy care anymore, as we are able kill so far most of not all bosses till lvl 70+ but its not fair for starting guils with just lower players.

we had a level 45 barb, the rest of the team was all 40ish and we didnt glitch him. The only person to die was me when he respawned and come running at me before i could fly out of range. so it is posiable to kill him if you have a good team without exploiting bugs b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antimodes - Sanctuary
    Antimodes - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    to me you use any tactic available to kill something for a quest. If a games coders don't want that tactic being used, then it's their job to rewrite the coding so that a tactic can no longer be used.

Other then that, if you have the means kill away, and flip other weaker people who don't have the means for the tactic off.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What I really don' t understand is how people say that it is unable to be done by characters in that level range with out using the glitch.

I have helped numerous parties do Gouf as the only Cleric starting in my mid 40's. I have even done it with 2 blademasters with hp's only hovering around 2k each and kept them alive. Let me tell you, that was a chore since they don't have enough aggro skills to keep aggro off of archers and mages. But, once you understand the mechanics of aggro, and get EVERYONE in the party on the same page (no idiotic mavericks trying to out nuke each other) then it becomes an extremely managable encounter in the 40s.

If you try with a barb, and he keeps losing aggro, then that barb needs to learn how to use his aggro skills better and perhaps the one "stealing" aggro needs to back off the skills every once in a while.

Another epidemic I am seeing is that way too many melee classes believe that if a Cleric is in the group, they suddenly are allowed to forget they have potions. Barbs get massive aggro skills and phys def as well as huge hps when in tiger form. Your job is simple : don't worry about your damage numbers, just constantly keep aggro as best you can, and make sure your build has high hps. Heal when you get hurt just as you would when no Cleric is around, and the Cleric keeps you alive.

Damage dealers: manage your damage output. It's not a race or a contest when you work together. Sure it's fun to brag about how much damage you do, but if you out aggro the tank, or if he/she misses on a ripping bite aggro attack, then you start running around like an idiot because you know you are going to die in 1 vs 1 on a boss. Now, because you didn't manage your damage, you cause a whole team to fail. Good going, show off. Job NOT well done.

Blademasters : you are NOT tanks, but sometimes can become pseudo-tanks against certain critters. Sure you can make a build with lots of hps with the help of good gear. But that is not what makes a tank. You have one aggro skill. One. It is a lower level skill that easily gets out-aggro'd by archers and mages (heck, even by Int build venos). Just spam your skills when needed. Your damage per hit isn't as great as casters, but you hit much faster, hence, you are a damage dealing class against bosses. Also, you have a self healing skill AND a physical def buff. USE THEM if you are forced into "playing" tank.

And yes, everyone, even the Admins have stated that luring is what venos do. That is not abusing a glitch. However, attacking any mob where the "I can't attack the player/pet so I am going to full auto" script is not allowed to do it's job is considered abusing a glitch. And as such, has been stated that players caught bugging mobs such as Gouf will be punished.

If you "have never, ever, ever, ever seen anyone beat Gouf normally", then you either never tried or cared to learn the right way, or you have been surrounded by players who really don't understand their characters and are not very good at team work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Do it and get banned simple as that. We've gotten a few people banned for it ;D

I myself am a veno, and I never bugged bosses.

If you want to be sappy bug abusers go to pw-my. Where if you're malaysian gms allow you to abuse the forest ruins event where you can skip all the mobs and get all the item with packet editing! Where all the gms let you abuse the territory war system with alt guilds if you're Malaysian ;D!
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ok so from today I'm going to report every archer I see abusing the bombard bug to zhen, thus gaining a MASSIVE exp advatage over other clases purely by using a pretty obvious exploit that affects his char well into the endgame.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So, what's the official word on this?
    I'm annoyed by different opinions that should clearly not be here, but GM's _response_ to the matter.

A clear one too, I beg.
  • Biovolk - Heavens Tear
    Biovolk - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so let me get this straight ... a veno can't use an air pet to attack a land boss? if that is correct if thats what im gathering from the thread ... that is so ridiculously dumb. any player can make that supposed bannable offense because this action is clearly the best way to attack the boss as it gives them a tactical advantage over the boss. where in the rulebook of Perfect World saying that you can't do that. if its unintended, fix it !!!
    I'm annoyed by different opinions that should clearly not be here, but GM's _response_ to the matter.
    this place is made for us to discuss and share our opinions. if its not the right place, its the mods job to lock it and/or delete it.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm with the "if it's a bug then friggen FIX it!!!" crowd 110%, for a player to be banned simply for using that which is available in the game is completely rediculous, and believe me, even if i had the time to read about all the bugs i'm not supposed to be "exploiting" I would not do so, the game is not so much fun if you have to play in fear that the slightest little in game action could get you banned, you wanna ban someone ban the hackers using altered code and 3rd party software, leave the rest of us alone, and if you don't want us to "exploit" it then FIX it!!!!!!!!!!b:angry
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm with the "if it's a bug then friggen FIX it!!!" crowd 110%, for a player to be banned simply for using that which is available in the game is completely rediculous, and believe me, even if i had the time to read about all the bugs i'm not supposed to be "exploiting" I would not do so, the game is not so much fun if you have to play in fear that the slightest little in game action could get you banned, you wanna ban someone ban the hackers using altered code and 3rd party software, leave the rest of us alone, and if you don't want us to "exploit" it then FIX it!!!!!!!!!!b:angry

Myself, I would intentionally leave the bug there. I'd then ban every player that uses it, which would eventually weed out all the abusive players that do not know how to play a game properly, leaving behind only good players.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just did a search and found a pretty official answer to it.
    Closing this thread for a few obvious reasons, but primarily because this is not how to properly report someone for exploiting something in game. Here is what you need to do to report someone exploiting ANY bug or glitch in game.

- take screenshots and ONLY send them through the ticketing system at: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing - report it as a user violation.
    - don't bother with creating threads and posting screenshots here as it just leads to flame wars.

From that point GMs will look into each report on a case by case basis. GM's will then take appropriate action, and repeat offenders will probably find their accounts in danger of anything from a temporary to a permanant ban.

If someone gets caught glitching out a boss, I highly recommend that no further attempts are made.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=60822&page=3

From a thread about bugging bosses.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    I just did a search and found a pretty official answer to it.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=60822&page=3

From a thread about bugging bosses.

Sadly, that's not the thread corresponding to the official word. That's a pretty generic answer that could be given for bots or game modifications alike. The subject of discussion is neither.
    I'm asking about their own particular failiure to fix a bug that they seem to be punishing US, the players for.

If the boss "glitching" is banable, what isn't? Barbarians tanking, Venos luring. Oh right, sorry, Venos can't lure now either.
    I'll be sure to report any venomancer luring a mob.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Myself, I would intentionally leave the bug there. I'd then ban every player that uses it, which would eventually weed out all the abusive players that do not know how to play a game properly, leaving behind only good players.

I'm just wondering what YOUR email to support would look like if you just so happened to wind up getting banned for perhaps unintentionally exploiting a bug that you did not even know existed?????

Your email to support: OMG OMG!!!!! Please MR GM sir, I SWEAR TO GOD I DID NOT KNOW!!! C'mon I spend all my money on this game and you have no right to do this to me!!!!!

Reply from support: We are very sorry for your inconvienience sir or young lady, we appreciate your continued patronage of our product, unfortunatly we are unable to restore your account at this time due to your violation of game rules(which you probably did not even know existed), ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rules..... please however feel free to purchase more zen...... we appreciate and look forward to your future business......sincerely PWI support staff

And of course having remembered your statement and vehement opposition to the bad mean evil players ruining your game by "exploting bugs"..... i will most definatly be b:laugh my BUTT off!!!
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sadly, that's not the thread corresponding to the official word. That's a pretty generic answer that could be given for bots or game modifications alike. The subject of discussion is neither.
    I'm asking about their own particular failiure to fix a bug that they seem to be punishing US, the players for.

If the boss "glitching" is banable, what isn't? Barbarians tanking, Venos luring. Oh right, sorry, Venos can't lure now either.
    I'll be sure to report any venomancer luring a mob.

how is barbarians tanking a glitch? cuz they have high hp? lmaob:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    how is barbarians tanking a glitch? cuz they have high hp? lmaob:laugh

D'oh. See, even you know it's a glitch b:chuckle
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So is there a list of things you aren't supposed to do... preferably more specific than "don't exploit bugs" if you don't actually KNOW the bugs?

I'm assuming the Venomancer luring isn't a bug, but from the looks of it, sometimes it is?

EDIT: I can understand that there might be no money for fixing known bugs in an F2P game, but they could at least put an NPC to the appropiate location explaining the situation there. Give it a recognozable name such as "Bug Warner".
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear
    Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=91881

Moderator answer, where he quoted that a bug or error abused is a ban.

but still no GM telling us if GLITCHING is bannable.

we don't want report someone or discuss a ban, just to know.

XARFOX please answer us buy a "yes, it is" or "no, it isn't" !!!!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=91881

Moderator answer, where he quoted that a bug or error abused is a ban.

but still no GM telling us if GLITCHING is bannable.

we don't want report someone or discuss a ban, just to know.

XARFOX please answer us buy a "yes, it is" or "no, it isn't" !!!!

Read the terms of service, using any bug/glitch in the game is against the rules.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited October 2008
    glitching is not a bug, it's the AI the devs made that make the mob not to attack a flying pet.

still waiting for a GM..... they never answered that.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    glitching is not a bug, it's the AI the devs made that make the mob not to attack a flying pet.

still waiting for a GM..... they never answered that.

Rofl...read ToS or post ticket to GM's. You get the same answer that everyone here gives you, its exploiting a bug,against the rules and bannable offense. Do at your own risk, GM's do ban for those.

There is no other view on the matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
    edited October 2008
    everyone say that, i'm ok.

banned players? where/ who ? i never saw a player banned for that, only rummors.

if the answer is so easy, why no GM (and not moderator or players) just answer HERE that :

Glitching is a bug, so it is bannable.

is it so hard to have, finnally, the official answer?
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    everyone say that, i'm ok.

banned players? where/ who ? i never saw a player banned for that, only rummors.

if the answer is so easy, why no GM (and not moderator or players) just answer HERE that :

Glitching is a bug, so it is bannable.

is it so hard to have, finnally, the official answer?

Go here: Support

Post a ticket to GM's and ask yourself, instead of trying to justify your cheating.

First they warn then they ban. Thats the info they told me.

I got my answers from them. And it is clearly stated on ToS too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Your class is so rediculously easy to play you guys don't need to be able to bug bosses and have ANOTHER advantage over the rest of us. Stop trying to justify your bs ways.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
    edited October 2008
    do we say that we want to use this glitch?
    stop saying BS please, read the post, understand it, and then reply.
    we just want to KNOW if is bannable or not. understood now?

for the class, why saying veno is easy? make one, up to a level where mobs are harder to kill (not 30ish) and then you'll be able to say that it is easy or not.
    edited October 2008
    thom wrote: »
    Go here: Support

Post a ticket to GM's and ask yourself, instead of trying to justify your cheating.

First they warn then they ban. Thats the info they told me.

I got my answers from them. And it is clearly stated on ToS too.

i never cheated. what for? this is a game lol

GM can check logs when they want.

i just wanna have an official answer. ticket sent -> no answer, and for several days.

so i hope they'll answer here, so everyone will have it.

thanks.

~Lycan
This discussion has been closed.