so whats this age old BS about baning WF's for fb29/gouf?

Comments

• Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Since I'm sure it was first found out in the "Official" servers in Bejing and just spread throughout to here I'm fairly certain the developers must know about it. I'd assume if they cared THAT much about it they would've patched it a couple of years ago.

I don't agree with the bugging of mobs through walls, and wish they would fix that bug since it allows mobs to attack me through walls as well.

As for the bugging of bosses... well since that is a VERY common strategy (I'd say 90% or so of people fighting those bosses use it), and can only be used on a select few bosses I think I agree with eniac in saying the developer's have accepted that as part of the game, and allow it to make Venomancer's slightly more useful in groups.

I do have to say if they eventually fix that boss bug, they better damn well fix the flying pet pathfinding bug as well...
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I do have to say if they eventually fix that boss bug, they better damn well fix the flying pet pathfinding bug as well...

And the inability to use flying pets in dungeons/TW.
    And the massive durability damage on weapons for melee fox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    Juxtapose - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just like someone else said, if you honestly think this is a bug then so is glitching monsters pathing to you. Its the same idea, you are bugging the game knowingly to achieve something that isn't supposed to happen under normal game circumstances. So when I see any of you standing on a rock to kill a monster or behind one, I'm gonna report you. Seriously, get a ****ing life.
  • Agony - Lost City
    Agony - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Eeryone has to run around, find a complete party of tank, healer, and DDs to roll a boss.

Meanwhile, a WF takes their air pet and glitches it. Their pet takes no damage. They don't have to heal it. They don't have to do anything except pound on it until the boss is dead. They do not risk anything to kill the boss and clear their quest.

Quit acting like it's legit.

It's not. The pet takes no damage. You do not have to worry about the boss aggroing and killing your pet, you, or any of your team mates, as it obviously should. You are abusing a glitch in the games coding for your personal gain. End of story.

You CANNOT just stand on a rock and kill a mob. When the mob realizes that it cannot hurt you, it will fully heal itself and return to its original position. No other class in the game can do such a thing. There has been an admitted glitch in the coding that allows this to happen, because a pet and it's aggro was coded differently than players. To fix this they would have to rewrite a lot of coding.

Whether or not it is a bannable offense, I don't care. It is a dirty, and over abused trick. Do not act as if you are in any way justified to use it. Don't complain or look down on others that hate you for it, because they have every right to do so.

And for the record, if I see people glitching darkeye on the bulidings, I hate them, and usually PK them too. (Though the whole safe zone thing there makes it tough.) It's not the way the game was supposed to work, it's an exploit, and I regret nothing is being done about it.

Just saw as well, the air pet- water mob glitch is not an exploit. the water mobs is still attacking. You still have to heal. It's not even close to being comparable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB> Ruin/Cleric
    OB> Agony/Cleric
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited September 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    Just today I got the gouf quest and as always there is no one in a million miles willing/able to help me so I figure I might as well go use my air pet and waste 15min standing there to kill it (for the measly 300odd exp and 50 coins) than wait a couple of days.

So along comes some players and start to warn me with very jealous sounding undertones that my account will be banned for doing that, and that venos are also getting banned for luring the fb29 boss thru the door.. very intresting.

Look I've said this a gazillion times, I'd completely agree 110% with you that its wrong if gouf gave me like 5k or even 1k exp and a couple 100 gold coins. But as it stands I can easily earn 10-15k exp and about the same amount of gold by killing regular mobs in 15mins. So WHAT THE F is the damn big deal? Is it all just thougtless jealousy or ppl thats uniformed and think a veno would stand to gain lots of exp/money?

What about venos using air pets to do water mosnter quests huh, are they getting banned also? Jeez really get a clue ppl and realise that for something to be *wrong* there needs to be some kinda ill gained advanatage or somone else needs to be negatively affected.

By glitching gouf and the infamous FB29 glitch u r expoiting the game.The empire us to use these in pw=my all the time but after hearing from a rather reliable source that a whole FB team got banned we decided not to use these glitches/exploits. We can kill gouf.kewy and the dragon that flys around a rock in the air with no glitches and no deaths. Need an FB 49? no problem there either.
  • coldash
    coldash Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Bugs are bad m'kay. I am a venomancer and I would proudly report anyone exploiting one, be it my guild or out of it, if you cheat at a game you suck at life.
    IGN: Drizztina
    Main Class : Venomancer
    Faction: RageQuit
  • Boniu - Lost City
    Boniu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if the mobs can hit characters through walls, why can't it be vice versa? maybe the game needs to have more solid walls :rolleyes:
  • coldash
    coldash Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's a partial block element they are designed to keep players from going on to the next part of the dungeon before killing a particular mob. It's not designed to keep the other mobs in that means if you are a tardfish and try to go through the wall or stand in aggro range you will be attacked. And just because you can doesnt mean its right for you to do so. I mean I can drive with my feet but i would most certainly expect a ticket if I were to be caught.
    IGN: Drizztina
    Main Class : Venomancer
    Faction: RageQuit
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Next thing you'll see is someone complaining that using ranged attacks on the fb29 door monster is hacks also. It can't hit you when you ranged attack it!11 That must also be considered a bug, so if I see anyone using ranged attacks on the fb29 door monster, I'm reporting you. Some of you people have way too much time on your hands.

The person (Fagony) saying monsters will realize you are not able to be hit and heal to full. I'll point you to a rock as an example (and there are about 15,000 more rocks like it in PW where the monster keeps trying to run circles around the rock to hit you and cannot get to where you are, but will keep trying: The two rocks by Silver Pool right where the Tauroc and those bobble headed monsters hang out, stand between those rocks on top of an invisible part of each rock. You CANNOT be hit there and the monster will never heal to full, the monster will simply run back and forth from side to side trying to get to you. Just because you weren't smart enough to figure it out doesn't mean other people weren't able to.

This game has way too many problems with it to actually call anyone out on, and if you are actually reporting people who use these tiny exploits on each and every occasion...wow. If the developers actually cared about their game enough to fix it, I could see where your argument is coming from. They obviously do NOT care though as this game has gone through about 15 different iterations and these bugs are STILL there.
  • boomboo
    boomboo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If they dont care about it then why are they bothering to ban people and teams? I strongly suspect they have better things to do atm with another and cheaper pw coming out..like revamp the prices.. Recoding the exploits take an extreme amount of time and money,,right now if u read their financials pwi has very little of either.
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    boomboo wrote: »
    If they dont care about it then why are they bothering to ban people and teams? I strongly suspect they have better things to do atm with another and cheaper pw coming out..like revamp the prices.. Recoding the exploits take an extreme amount of time and money,,right now if u read their financials pwi has very little of either.

I haven't heard of anyone being banned for it, just a bunch of power hungry people going around saying they are gonna taddle on each other. If this were an issue I highly suspect Dvorak would come in here and posted telling people not to exploit this. I have yet to see him say anything, or any GM for that matter. Just a bunch of e-police saying they are gonna find each other and report each other.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it aint much of a bug this **** anyway, if this IS a bug
    then that should actualy mean that veno's that lure mobs in twlight temple or just fb dungeons are bug exploting because telling a pet to attack then recalling it tricking that one mob into attacking them should be a bug,
    ive even heard a few ppl my self say ppl can get banned for it, just seems like a puddle of **** that id rather keep away from
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am going to quote my own post from earlier in this thread.
    peregryn wrote: »
    Deliberate exploitation of a bug is wrong, nobody really disputes this statement. The dispute is over something more basic; is it a bug that needs to be fixed or an intended gameplay tactic?

(please note that nothing said above is or should be taken as anything other than my opinion that the definition of exploitation is explicitly reserved by the game operators for themselves and that the punishment for same is equally reserved)

Frankly it does not matter if players state it is an exploit and they will get you banned for it .... they don't make that decision.

not saying that it is a good idea, not saying it is a bad one, just saying that the people making all the noise ...... are just that .... people making noise(.)
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Widow - Heavens Tear
    Widow - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There are plenty of areas, {beginning west of Archosaur near the Quill Enchanters} where there are hills that you can attack from and the mob will simply run back and forth until it is dead, never climbing the embankment. Any ranged character can do this, but its kind of boring. Is it glitching? Not really... just taking advantage of the landscape and mob "stupidity".

To hear any complaints at ALL from RQ is absolutely hilarious, considering these were the same people who camped quest areas to pk people, bragged about making multiple CB accounts for the free zen, and targeted specific people {yet it wasn't harassment} to keep them from getting to 40 before the deadline. No I wasn't one of those people either, we just got to hear all about it in world chat and on the forums.

If there isn't an abundance of tanks present when this quest is done, I can't say I blame the venos for taking advantage of the extremely small benefit. Would be different if they benefitted greatly from it. but they don't. {and no I'm not a veno either}
  • sevendust
    sevendust Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    its mostly just Jelouse people. People are like that in MMO's
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sevendust wrote: »
    its mostly just Jelouse people. People are like that in MMO's
    yeah tell me about it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    yeah tell me about it lol

sometimes people are jealous - like in the case where they don't have a handy veno in their party and have to do the boss the hard way.

sometimes people just think something is ****.

like people with extra chromosomes.
  • Green - Heavens Tear
    Green - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    fayted wrote: »
    Aren't Venos known for their luring ability? Banning them seems outright idiotic.

that i totally agree to +1
  • jingle
    jingle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Write your in-game name here so next time i wont party you losers complaint about WF/Venomancer being rich n lvl fast. Is common sense ground monsters can not attack air players/pet unless if the monsters/boss have magic/range. For those who think all WF can tank boss be my guess put ur name down.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, lets see...

We have a rather overpowered boss, Gouf, and you throw lv 40+ characters at it? And of course he's got a rather nasty hit. With all things considered about how overpowered creatures get as soon as you hit about lv 43, I haven't any real qualm about using glitches against the overpowered.

But then again, I'm one who suffers form the impression that Venos are overpowered anyway. But eh, what do I know? I'm just a Cleric with my own issues on bugged quests and overpowered enemies. I might not be happy to see it happen, but you know, if you're in the party that happens to pull of Gouf's glitch, you think differently.

If the glitch is old, going back to the Asian release of PW, then apparently there's a reason it's not been fixed?
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caress - Lost City
    Caress - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree that exploiting is wrong, but in no way shape or form should it be ban-able. It's the dev's mistake, not the players. Now if you guys were talking about a 3rd party cheat such botting etc, I would say ban the person no questions asked.

I like to think it as if I'm a cook. I can only make so many dishes, depending on the ingredients I have.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Personally I think it's **** for people to use these glitches. I also hate the whole concept of "it's perfectly reasonable for 1 character to be as strong as 5 now, because he will be weaker then 1 in a year". A class that is unbalanced really should be re-worked before it's put into the game. I'm only level 53 now so I can't really speak for the "great decline" or whatever where other classes catch up to veno's in terms of power. and don't really think it's quite unreasonable to consider it unfair that something that is a HUGE challenge for a team of 6 of any other class, to be a simple sit and wait game for 1 person to easily solo.

Personally I think that the excessive power of the class at pre-60, is why 90% of the venomancer population are kill-stealer, rude obnoxious people. Please if you are in the 10% of the population of veno's who are nice respectful people don't take that comment personally. If you are a veno and are thinking "I've never met a rude kill-stealing veno" then you are in the 90% that comment was directed at.
  • mikael74
    mikael74 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xkwisite wrote: »
    Join a guild and get them to help you?

RQ did gouf and chewy both twice today in no time. Seriously if i catch anyone bugging him im reporting you due to the fact that i hate werefox's because everything is so easy for them.Deal with it.

You seem to have some issues over a computer game that you need to deal with. b:laugh

They are just pretty much the same as World of Warcrafts Hunter class which is so easy to grind with that the gold farmers use them to well... grind gold, duh!
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Simple answer: it's unfair to other class.. nobody can solo a fking boss like gouf.. even a veno w/o bugging it.. so.. using air pet to bug and kill a mob/boss should be bannable.. nuff said. but then, it's a devs fault for not fixing it..
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm new to this game so i don't know about bugs and such...i wouldn't use them even if i did (i've never seen a bug that i know of so i don't even really understand what your talking about)....but i guess because some do know and use it ..it ruins it for the rest of us who just simply want to do the quest for our spiritual cultivation...but just being a veno seems to keep you from doing the quest at all till you can do it alone which puts you behind in your spiritual cultivation. not everyone uses bugs or whatever..so why shut them out of doing the quest the normal way? I've tried many times to get on a squad for gouf for my cult quest but can't even get a response. there are just too many generalizations. I can see not wanting to help someone who exploits the game but for those of us who just want to play the game the way its meant to be played we have to get lumped into that and its not fair. I just plain want to finish that one and move on to the next. b:angry
  • Rezinuken - Heavens Tear
    Rezinuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    Just today I got the gouf quest and as always there is no one in a million miles willing/able to help me so I figure I might as well go use my air pet and waste 15min standing there to kill it (for the measly 300odd exp and 50 coins) than wait a couple of days.

So along comes some players and start to warn me with very jealous sounding undertones that my account will be banned for doing that, and that venos are also getting banned for luring the fb29 boss thru the door.. very intresting.

Look I've said this a gazillion times, I'd completely agree 110% with you that its wrong if gouf gave me like 5k or even 1k exp and a couple 100 gold coins. But as it stands I can easily earn 10-15k exp and about the same amount of gold by killing regular mobs in 15mins. So WHAT THE F is the damn big deal? Is it all just thoughtless jealousy or ppl thats uniformed and think a veno would stand to gain lots of exp/money?

What about venos using air pets to do water monster quests huh, are they getting banned also? Jeez really get a clue ppl and realize that for something to be *wrong* there needs to be some kinda ill gained advantage or Simone else needs to be negatively affected.

I don't think anyone should get banned for such an act. It took creative think to pull of such acts. Give them props. Plus this IS beta testing still so the game craters should take notes and fix the issues that us common players find. Thats the whole point in beta test anyway.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't think anyone should get banned for such an act. It took creative think to pull of such acts.

I have to disagree with this. I discovered I could bug a certain boss purely by accident. Nothing creative about it, but the moment I noticed what was going on I called my pet back even though I needed to beat that boss.

Its very clearly a bug, you can't mistake it. You use it, you should be banned for abusing the game. I actually got kicked out of a faction recently because I was "not part of the team" which in reality meant they didn't want me there because I was planning to report any of them that used bugs. (I think every veno there used them)

They fear getting banned so they kick you out of a guild. Shows how screwed up players are, and that the GMs are actively getting people who use said bugs.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ryiah
    ryiah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I've used the glitch a bit in the past but I'm more than willing to stop using it. In fact I only do it when I can't get some help from someone. Yes I agree it is unfair to others who are unable to do it. However I've yet to see those complaining offering to help me with a boss. In fact the only time most of you are even willing to help with a boss, or a mob quest for that matter, is if you gain something from it - like experience and reputation from doing FBs if the person has a tablet. But if they don't have a tablet, what happens? Simple - most of you outright ignore them. In fact you even go so far as to completely refuse to help them even if all they need is the entrance mobs. You'll say, just do those once you get stronger or do them over time by doing multiple wine FB runs. Yes that's another thing - you refuse to do FBs typically unless they have wine to remove the mobs. For those of you who are likely to flame me, even if I'm right, get this - I'm more than willing to help with FBs even if the user lacks a tablet. In fact I helped someone recently who needed some mobs - died three times doing so and lost 5% xp each time. Yet I kept at it until they got all the mobs. Next time you complain, consider how much you have helped others.

Also I'd like to see a GM give info on this. Doesn't have to be much. Even simply quoting a terms of agreement would do the job.
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

That is the interesting part of TOS concerning this. We all agree it's a glitch/bug. The part that is more debatable is the unfair advantage one.

IMO, it gives venos an unfair advantage to venos over other classes, being able to solo tough bosses all alone, even if their own level is lower/near the boss's. These bosses are meant to be hard to kill, needing either a full party or some high levels. Anyways, exploiting glitches is not my thing xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    After reading this thread, I will not be doing any of the "call to duty" FB quests again. Not going to risk getting banned because of what another player does. Yes, my main character is a veno. No, I don't use exploits and never intend to.
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
This discussion has been closed.