OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• highlandman
    highlandman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My friend has told me her inventory icons have become all mixed up. For example:

Her wand looks like a book
    Her wave pacer looks like a rose
    Her pick axe looks like a gorilla!

etc...

Anyone else had this bug or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.
  • highlandman
    highlandman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A verify on the launcher fixed it.
  • bibikun
    bibikun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    (1)I realised that when my character dies and respawn in town, if I were to attack any monster, my attacks were very high, as if the monster's def was negligible. however, when I switch to attack another monster, this effect is gone, and when I go back to attack the first monster i had attacked earlier, the attack was also reduced.

For example, after i respawn in town, i went to fight devilroot dryad, dmg was 300~400 on normal attacks and skills were 700~900. However, when I went to attack the trogin sentry, the normal dmg was 140~ barely 200 and skils were 300~450. Then when I attack the devilroot dryad again, the dmg remained the same low. That's why this leads to me to believe there could be some bug reducing the dmg.

(2) I've also realised that physical def for blademaster does not reduce alot of damage they recieve, even with buffs and items, damage at most reduce 20~ or so, hardly any significance, especially when our attacks are greatly reduced by monsters' def. I believe there's some mistake in the calculations of atk and def.

For example, blade master def buff (currently what i have) adds 25% physical def, before buff my def is 1703, after buff would be 2073 addition of 373 (actualy 25% should be 425, however, i believe physical def contributed by str is not buffed). this increase in 25% reduced dmg i recieved from devilroot dyrad by 8~15, from 80~ to 70~. I believe that this buff should be able to allow blademasters to at least last longer against melee dmgs, however, which isn't so. I have to constantly use 1 perfect HP potion after i defeat one monster of my same level.

Could you look into whether the above 2 issues are actually bugs or just that the calculations are done this way. THx
  • quoll
    quoll Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The DQ:Chiu Niu i'm doing has text directing me to see Herbalist Bai in Hyacinth Village. The NPC is in Tradewind Village.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When I look on my friendslist ingame my friends are still there and it shows when they are online. BUT when I refresh to find out where they are and the lvl they are now their position is just blank all 20 people currently online on there. The lvl still shows just not their position it was alright before the last patch.
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello.
    The Venomancer skill Swimming Mastery is broken after patch 24.

swim_mast.png
  • necroblade
    necroblade Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i was playing the quest about slaying 10 bluntclaw kittens (Protect the fields Quest) outside etherbalde city, which i completed and walked over to the hunter and checked my quests log, it said to speak with the elder to finish th quest so i teleported back ran upto the elder spoke to him but the quest didnt complete, what do i do? i really could use some help.

Thanx
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    orme wrote: »
    Hello.
    The Venomancer skill Swimming Mastery is broken after patch 24.

swim_mast.png
    The skill has actually been non-functional for awhile now; this is a temporary fix to hopefully prevent people from paying for the skill until we can fix the functionality.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• orme
    edited October 2008
    Mmm. "Good" to know.

And what about the other speed-boosting abilities ?
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    All other speed boosting abilities should be working properly.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Zylphiawclyv - Heavens Tear
    Zylphiawclyv - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not sure if someone else has noted this or not, and I apologize if they have. Here are some screenshots. They seem fine looking when standing around but other animations for fighting etc the polys get stretched and weird. XD I didn't notice at first but anyway... tried to take screenshots, sorry if they're not very good.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd254/ladyhorus/PerfectWorld/2008-10-23-11-20-53.jpg
    http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd254/ladyhorus/PerfectWorld/2008-10-23-11-20-51.jpg
    http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd254/ladyhorus/PerfectWorld/2008-10-23-11-20-22.jpg
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    We are aware of this bug and are currently working on a fix.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• undecided123
    undecided123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I can see my customized character features but I can't see other characters customized features. All other characters features look the same, like clones of each other. How can I fix this?
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    Go to the UI tab of your in-game System Settings an check the "Customizations" box.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• nagisumi
    nagisumi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i dont have the cd need to instal the languge thing can you help me?
    nagisumi
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you have Windows XP, you need to have a legit copy of Windows on CD-ROM, and install it from there.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nagisumi
    nagisumi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    but i dont have that CD at all so im basically screwed
    nagisumi
  • orakal
    orakal Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hi. I just started playing this game, and there is this problem. Every 2 seconds I'm playing, everything stops and then a black screen appears and then back to normal and then the same thing again. How can I fix this problem?
  • karren
    karren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2d7avc0.jpg <- Far away.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2b1kj4.jpg <- Up close.

I know that some games have different meshes for objects which are far away from the PC in order to improve performance, but the problem I'm noticing is that all my pets seem to suffer from the same flaw; They always use the far away mesh, no matter how close I get!

How can this be fixed?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That's an odd and subtle one. Have you tried changing the Proxy Visuals setting from in the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lollipoplicker
    lollipoplicker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was disconnected from the server while in the middle of the game. When I tried to log in to my account again, it appeared with a message saying "the account is currently logged on". The strange part was that my friend could still see my character on the other side. I wonder if I was being ****. Any comments?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you're disconnected from the server due to an ISP issue or computer crash, the server will keep your character session active. Clicking the Safe Log check box before typing your username and password will cause those sessions to cleanly close, and allow you into the game.

If you believe your password has been compromised, please be sure to change it. That said, a network connection going out usually doesn't raise red flags for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koyukisama
    koyukisama Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so i was going to do a 19 lvl cultivation quest , but i couldnt get the quest , the npc said i need more reputation , so i finshed my other quests and got 90 rep , so was wondering how much do i need rep to do cult , cauz i dint get anything similiar like this when i did it with my other chars , btw its elf's 19 lvl cult quest
  • Maarja - Sanctuary
    Maarja - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    :S got the same issue. NPC says to me to get more rep and exp. Now I am lvl 25+ with rep over 120, and I still get the same message - Your reputation is too low. Go get some more experience -
  • orme
    edited October 2008
    Concerning reputation I got the quest over 300. A rule of thumb seems to be you must have 10x your level in reput not to be bothered. Which is easily done with the repeatable quests given by the guards ( plus you'll get Celestones and grinding XP ).
    karren wrote: »
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2d7avc0.jpg <- Far away.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2b1kj4.jpg <- Up close.

I know that some games have different meshes for objects which are far away from the PC in order to improve performance, but the problem I'm noticing is that all my pets seem to suffer from the same flaw; They always use the far away mesh, no matter how close I get!

How can this be fixed?

+1

No matter if I play with the settings [ proxy visuals on/off , distance , overall low / high etc ] pets are stuck in very low poly mode.
  • koyukisama
    koyukisama Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    orme wrote: »
    Concerning reputation I got the quest over 300. A rule of thumb seems to be you must have 10x your level in reput not to be bothered. Which is easily done with the repeatable quests given by the guards ( plus you'll get Celestones and grinding XP ).

than explain how come my other chars could do it with less rep?cauz i did it easily with my other chars without problems like this
  • lordwicked
    lordwicked Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I didn`t saw anything for bugs, so I will post it here.
    Feel free to move it.

Yesterday when fighting against Darkbreed Wolfkin with two partners, we started running so we didin`t die. When we got to Wellspring Village, we started to rest.

It was then that I saw them coming into town, right for me and my party. They even split up so they could attack one of us each.

When we were downthey started to attack others.

But that out of the way. Aren`t towns supposed to be safe places where mobs can`t enter?

I`m doing it again for screen shots.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lordwicked wrote: »
    I didn`t saw anything for bugs, so I will post it here. Feel free to move it.

Yesterday when fighting against Darkbreed Wolfkin with two partners, we started running so we didin`t die. When we got to Wellspring Village, we started to rest.

It was then that I saw them coming into town, right for me and my party. They even split up so they could attack one of us each.

When we were downthey started to attack others.

But that out of the way. Aren`t towns supposed to be safe places where mobs can`t enter?

I`m doing it again for screen shots.

No need for screenshots, monsters can come to towns and kill you and everyone else.

Safe zone means safe from pk, not monsters. Those elite monsters don't lose agro easy
    Nothing bugged/glitched there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • lordwicked
    lordwicked Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Alright. thank you.
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Don't know if this was already mentioned but anyways.... I'm unable to store coins in my storage. When I try to at any banker, I get an error message saying "Critical error: invalid action".
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
This discussion has been closed.