Official "I have a Suggestion" Thread

Comments

• Arpeggius - Lost City
    Arpeggius - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, call me nutty, but I suggest we should have a system in which if one person did not play for a whole day (like 24 hours or from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM) that he gets one hour of doubled experience. And if he did not play for TWO days straight, two hours of doubled experience points. The idea of the system would give people who don't get to play as much a chance to catch up to people who play a lot. If this were installed in the game, it wouldn't give the busy person a chance to completely or fully catch up, but it would make it less difficult for a player to catch up to his friends who have more free time than he does to play PW.
  • Fengbald - Sanctuary
    Fengbald - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How about changing "Click Start to lanch the game" into "Click Start to launch the game"

I'm sorry but it really bugs me every time I start the element client.
  • Morrigon - Heavens Tear
    Morrigon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How about changing "Click Start to lanch the game" into "Click Start to launch the game"

I'm sorry but it really bugs me every time I start the element client.

LMAO...i have not even noticed that till i read your post like ten times to see the difference...now i dont want it to change :P
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Just something I thought would be entertaining with the millions of Shop cats clogging the server. have the eyes be animated. It would be fun to see them blink at random and look around the area at players nearby.
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    (Possibly an addition to the displaying mobs on minimap function.) Like a selectable option to distinguish aerial mobs from those on the ground on the minimap as well.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There is an auto-ignore option for party invites and trade requests, it would be nice if you could add another one for faction invites.
  • santoryu
    santoryu Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i already made a topic about his but i will post it here also.

ok i have always wanted to see this in a game, but so far none of them have it while it is such a great idea.

it would be awsome if you could place bounties on someone head.
    a player will place a wanted poster with name and the price at some location.

people (or boutny hunters ) can look at the wanted posters and try to find that person.

afcourse when they defeat the opponent they get the money the player had on his head.if the person with the boutny wins,his bountie will increases (depending on the lvl he defeats) ,
    so after a while you get people with high bounties that will be feared in the perfect world

the player who places the wanted post will only pay the starting cost of the bountie-

its not yet perfectly but if anything similiar like this will show up in perfect world it would be freaking awsome ( and so think other players in the game, i aksed )

link to topic http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=74801
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ok im not fully sure if someone has posted this one yet but how about a screen capture mode...closes or makes all menus 100% transparent for that awsome screen cap....now if there is one already and i havnt found it in game yet...plz PM it to me

To make a screencap, hit the print screen button. Then look in your PW files to find said screencap.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morrigon - Heavens Tear
    Morrigon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    To make a screencap, hit the print screen button. Then look in your PW files to find said screencap.

i know how to take a screen cap...i was refering to a function to remove all the menus on the screen to only show the toon and the scenery
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i know how to take a screen cap...i was refering to a function to remove all the menus on the screen to only show the toon and the scenery

Hold Alt+H to hide to UI.
  • Thrdphlosphr - Lost City
    Thrdphlosphr - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know I said this once before, but i really believe in this one

CUSTOM CONTROLS

this is starting to get a little nuts, im mean it is a very simple idea

those of us, especially who are here for solo play, get annoyied with this.
    i for one would love it if i could link the E,F,C,R,V and to skills, i honestly will never need to do a forward roll, and if i have have to use the in-game emotions (which i doubt i will) or the squad keys, ill go to the effort of going to the extra screen.
  • henryiscool
    henryiscool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well ive been thinking and i want to give the Gm's a suggestion that i think u guys would make alot of Money. Well my Idea is since im an archer and i attack from long distance u guys should make a pet. that will follow me around and whatever the monster drops after i kill it the pet runs and gets the items for me. That Will make people buy more Xp scrolls cuz they can grind/quest faster.
    i think u guys can create type of an animal like an Monkey or Rabbit. something that would look good picking up items. And also. the Money would go to me and the items will go to the Monkey's or Rabbit's personal inventory . well thank you all for reading this. and reply or pm in game.

Name in game: ShyArcher
    ty all have a great time playing PWI
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Being a Cleric is rather tough. Most clerics are usually support characters, healing and buffing.

With that in mind, is it not possible that a Cleric could get experience and spirit for reviving a fallen player? The total amount of xp and spirit gained should be small, but should also be a reflection upon the casting Cleric's Revive level and the level of the fallen individual.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitoshi - Lost City
    Mitoshi - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    pets should be avalible to all classes, im a barbarian and i want a pet too
  • eternalbuddha
    eternalbuddha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Minor things:

- Auto Run Function.

- Custom controls for keyboard.

- A HUD you can move around. (maybe resize, I think char info, and map sections are a bit big..)

- Leap quest for Humans doesn't work. The chest on the bridge can not be targeted...

Needs:

- I wish so much that point and click movement is disabled.. Please seperate it from WASD movement... I click to target, miss the mob and I start running... I've played so many RPG's and in the best ones, when I left click, my weapon swings, and I move via WASD. In PWI, I left click and I run somewhere, I already have four buttons for that.... I'm not saying that PWI needs to be like every other game out there, just basically have the option that left click swings a weapon (no matter if anything is targeted) and also to target, mobs, npcs etc.. I find a game alot easier to play if I can just run up and start swinging :-) Basically: have the option to use WASD movement, or point and click (for the few that like it..)

- Honestly, why do we need all these random NPC's to manufacture? Just open the same windows (depending on which skill and lvl a char has of course) and let us manufacture whenever, wherever. What was the point of learning the skill if it seems like the NPC is doing it for us....
  • padfoot
    padfoot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Mob tag/tap system, where once you hit a mob, no one else can tag/tap it regardless of how much damage they do. This forces the PC to deal with the mob directly, and prevents kill stealing, which I see is a big problem. Go to any town attack event, as a Barbarian or Blade, and watch Wizards and Veno's one shot your mob for the kill and the loot.

I agree with this.

This is the email I sent to PWI with my suggestions (it includes the above):

Hello, I just thought I would open a ticket to give a few suggestions on the game.

First of, the User Interface. While the UI is perfect on small resolutions the game supports higher resolutions yet the UI is not scaled and becomes small and hard to use. I believe scaling the UI to fit the resolution or allowing the user to set the UI size would solve this problem. (this is my main problem right now)

The next problem is Enemy targeting. I noticed a lot of players attack the same enemy because they can't see the other player attacking it (possibly due to performance settings) and this causes a lot of accidental "kill stealing". A solution to this would be to allow only one person to target the enemy and prevent others from attacking it if someone else has already claimed it (whether the attack has hit or not).

Also I noticed a bug, when a skill fails (either "invalid skill", "out of mana" "skill failed") the player stops all action and the enemy needs to be attacked again. If a skill fails as mentioned above the player should continue to attack with normal attacks. I found this very confusing at first and now find myself mashing the attack button so this doesn't happen. :)

I also have some other suggestions I never submitted.

Music. The music should NOT stop and then START again if the music in the area is the same, I found myself flying around City of the Plume and the music just kept going on and off even though it was the same, the music should only stop if the area has different music.

Hair. With long hair comes graphical problems. The hair goes into the body when running and my character looks like she has short hair. animating the hair might fix this.

Height. Allow for height to be modded (within reason, no 2ft characters or 10ft monsters!)

Archers when flying. When archers are branding their bow it goes through their wing and looks silly, I think when flying wing elves should hold weapons differently, at least the bows should be any way.

Cash shop. The MY version of the game has a LOT of items to buy at the cash shop, I would like to see a lot more in the International one as it doesn't seem to have a lot of choice right now.

Someone mentioned this about NPCs, when you talk to them they should maybe have a small voice over and some actions so they look like they're talking to you. Also some NPCs are referred to as male when they are actually female.

Allow females to carry/embrace/etc. I play a female Wing Elf, my boyfriend plays a female warrior and it'd be nice if I could carry his character and fly around to quests and such.

I probably will have more ideas soon, I'll post again if/when I do. :D
  • finfiny
    finfiny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Here are my suggestions:

MOST IMPORTANT:

1. KS PROTECT - If 1 player hits the mobs first, when others want to kill it as well, an error message should pop up and say "This target has been taken" or woteva ~ just PREVENT it from ksers.

2. TAME PROTECT - Once a player already is weakening a mob by attacking it, DO NOT let other venomacers have the chance to steal tame it. Once the first player touches it, that mob is always hers and it should NOT be taken by other venomacers and do a"intersecting tame" action. - CANNOT Stress this ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. HEALING - PLEASE change the regenerating heals to instant heals? By the time the hp slowly regenerates over time, the tanks already dead. More of instant healing techniques instead of regenerating ones would be most preferrable.

MINOR:[/B] - some have been mentioned before from other players I believe.

1. PROVIDE MORE VARIATION OF ACTIVITIES - PW is pretty much all about questing, maybe something else more exciting than 30 of this and 40 of that and 20 of those?

2. RAISE SUCESS RATE FOR REFINING - it wud be nice just to use max 3 mirage stones for +1 than 6 stones for +1 ...

3. ALLOW MALE VENOMACERS - its more suitable I reckon for females to be this class, but guys are losing the fun. Some guys won't like cross dressing and wanna be a venomacer but as a male character.

4. LET FEMALE CARRY - i wanted to carry my boyfriend and fly but I couldn't.

5. MONSTER SELECT KEY - instead of clicking onto the mob to select, have a key for it to auto select. In another MMO it was Tab and the nearby mob is selected.

6. LONGER SKILL SLOTS - I noticed theres only up to 1-6 on the number skill bar, why don't make it 1-8?

(might have more suggestions)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finny
    Marksman
    Phoenix Guild
    RGD 1
    Phoenix Designer

Let our Phoenix set your asses on FIRE.
  • Devilsrose - Sanctuary
    Devilsrose - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i just found out today but
    I think girls should be allowed to pick people up useing the embrace action
    i really dislike the fact that guys can pick people up and girls cant
    Its like letting the guys break the rules and girls cant
  • Chichibomb - Heavens Tear
    Chichibomb - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Make the game not crash while using non-updated gfx drivers
  • doesavasiri1
    doesavasiri1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I thought it was strange that the "best performance" option changes only hairstyles, eg a mohawk becomes a ponytail. Has anyone noticed this?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My list of luxorious features I'd love to see:
    • Battling pets for anyone, even if non venos have to do much more to earn and raise them
    • Houses, customizable
    • Realistically changing weather and perhaps seasons
    • Guild advertising boards or something, such as a NPC to list all guilds and their themes and requirements so those looking for particular guilds can find it instead of asking everyone for one
    • Automatic performance mode switch - An option to automatically switch performance mode on as soon as the FPS drops below something like 5 - 10 and turn it off after you leave the crowded area. I realise this might get a little annoying sometimes but it should be easy to turn off
    • Guild bases - Like houses but you can set up your faction posts or HQ for fellow or invited faction members to gather inside and maybe add notice board and such like NPCs to help others
    • Custom quests particularly for factions - Leaders or other important guild members can create custom quests for others to complete such as collect these items or kill this many monsters to avenge someone's death etc

I know it's unlikely any of them will ever even be forwarded to the authors let alone considered but those are most of the features I would like to see best. b:pleased
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • keets1337
    keets1337 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I would like to be able to lock the camera behind when your running. It would stop the slow moving and allow for a better view. It follows behind in flight but not on the ground. I don't see the point in this it annoys alot of people.
    Also, other well said suggestions from earlier I would like to second, third and fourth all in one :D!
    The ability for girls to carry girls and guys and vice versa
    Weapon sheathing
    Burning by fires
    A bank
    A customizable interface (some buttons are just very wierd. (unsure if that was the original idea or if Chinese keyboards are laid out differently)
    Tab targetting
    More customization for untamed barbarians (its so unfair on them)

All of these, in my opinion are very much needed to ensure people son't get extremely frustrated with the game. Some are just good effects but the fire burning, c'mon, its common sense.
    Girls carrying girls can be allowed, some might bring up the arguement of "its wrong", you could adjust it so that girls are carried in say a piggyback style? I have seen this in many an anime so it is acceptable.
    I know these changes are time consuming but many players are annoyed with these. We're not asking for that much. After all, a game companys top priority is its players is it not.
    With that I urge these to be atleast read and sat down to be discussed.
    Thankyou
    Keets
    xx
  • cyrim
    cyrim Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    darkzorz wrote: »
    I would also think, along with most other people that have posted this before me, that a male venomancer would be sweet and so would a female barbarian. For one, it is really annoying training as a venomancer and then being hit on by other men. b:spit
    I totally agree, I would love to play as a venomancer, but I really dont wat to go around having other guys hitting on me, venomancers seem so cool, they remind me of a rogue like class. And come on, I know that it would be cool to see some female barbarians.
  • cyrim
    cyrim Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Minor things:

- Auto Run Function.

- Custom controls for keyboard.

- A HUD you can move around. (maybe resize, I think char info, and map sections are a bit big..)

- Leap quest for Humans doesn't work. The chest on the bridge can not be targeted...

Needs:

- I wish so much that point and click movement is disabled.. Please seperate it from WASD movement... I click to target, miss the mob and I start running... I've played so many RPG's and in the best ones, when I left click, my weapon swings, and I move via WASD. In PWI, I left click and I run somewhere, I already have four buttons for that.... I'm not saying that PWI needs to be like every other game out there, just basically have the option that left click swings a weapon (no matter if anything is targeted) and also to target, mobs, npcs etc.. I find a game alot easier to play if I can just run up and start swinging :-) Basically: have the option to use WASD movement, or point and click (for the few that like it..)

- Honestly, why do we need all these random NPC's to manufacture? Just open the same windows (depending on which skill and lvl a char has of course) and let us manufacture whenever, wherever. What was the point of learning the skill if it seems like the NPC is doing it for us....
    I would liek to see the arrow keys be added for movement, and the number keys skills be extended to al of them, kinda like on WoW. When I played Wow, having the arrow keys to move allowed my left hand to be free for quick casts so i didnt have to stop moving all the time.
  • Harlequinn - Lost City
    Harlequinn - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I would love to see a different targeting system. (Such as Tab to scroll through monsters). Clicking can be so inaccurate (most of the time I click the ground instead and start running ><), and tabbing would come in handing when there are tons of people on one mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • regulous
    regulous Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know this would take a while and you guys may well already be working on it, but I would like some more classes and perhaps subclasses. Also maybe some new species. Maybe it has been said before, but I am relatively new to the game so I don't know. Like I said just a suggestion. I would like more species, but I will love the game regardless.

You guys are awesome.
  • pagangirl
    pagangirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You should make resurection scrolls available for purchase in the cash shop. Either that or drop the prices for the ones in game. In other games they are very cheap to buy. Also you might want to add a teleport scroll that will allow you to add up to 10 teleport areas that the player sets, but player has to be at that area to set them. Have them purchasable from one of the NPCs.
  • pagangirl
    pagangirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What is the use of customizing a character is the only person that can see it is you. I play with several people on a network and on our own screens we can see the character as we designed them, but on each others screen we get basically a generic character, all have same face and hair depending on the class.

If I am going to spend time making a character look like I want it to, then all the other players should be able to see it as it was designed, this is how it is on all the other games I have played, why not here?
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I suggest that item dropping should not be a part of the PvE game. If you are PvPing or if your name is red, then item dropping is fine. But a person that has never PvPed nor killed any animals should have zero chance of dropping items when killed by a monster.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    pagangirl wrote: »
    What is the use of customizing a character is the only person that can see it is you. I play with several people on a network and on our own screens we can see the character as we designed them, but on each others screen we get basically a generic character, all have same face and hair depending on the class.

If I am going to spend time making a character look like I want it to, then all the other players should be able to see it as it was designed, this is how it is on all the other games I have played, why not here?
    That might be a bug. Maybe you can forward it to the team as a glitch?
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
This discussion has been closed.