Territory War Abuse - Warning

Comments

• ladymist
    ladymist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They should have permanent banned. They knew what they did was wrong...????(yes) This is exactly what ruins alot of MMO's and the competition within them. Don't really care who they are. But it deserves a harsher punishment. Two weeks and they WILL come back and do it again ......(seen it time and time again on MMO's) they will just be more careful next time and not get caught. Good Job GM's for catching it this time,but please,please be watchful in the future!
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's going to be obvious who it is. There are only 4 major guilds on Heaven's Tears capable of doing something like this. Whoever that doesn't bid next week is the Bug Abuser.
  • Katryn - Heavens Tear
    Katryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Blessing.. in reading the posts here.. it looks like this adresses a fake guild hit on Lost City, and not the one that happened on Heaven's Tear.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Blessing.. in reading the posts here.. it looks like this adresses a fake guild hit on Lost City, and not the one that happened on Heaven's Tear.

Nope, pretty sure it's Heaven's Tears, where a guild got outbidded on land by like 1.3M

So many empty lands for 500k, so why 1.3M?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Nope, pretty sure it's Heaven's Tears, where a guild got outbidded on land by like 1.3M

So many empty lands for 500k, so why 1.3M?

No it was lost city.
  • lordonravon
    lordonravon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:chucklehahahaha loser.
  • Katryn - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    lol the 1.3m was what we ended up at after they kept outbidding us. We did end up with the bid in the end. It just cost us an extra 800k past the 500k we started at.

But yeah.. it looks like something happened on Lost City.. and sadly, the ones outbid were not able to keep in the running.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you have knowledge of any suspicious Territory War activity, feel free to submit a ticket at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

We will be happy to investigate any and all reports that we get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i'm not still happy....our guild ascension has a big damage, this week we cant go at TW and other guilds get lands advantage...i expect a compensation we can finish TW faster than every other guild in all PWI serverw..around 25 minuts.It isnt fair we get a so huge damage i'm sure Gm's here have power for turn lands or anyway for give us chance of join tw this week...Also we are checking all guild's leader of other "big" guilds and nobody seem banned so would be nice to say us name.
  • Ecclaire - Lost City
    Ecclaire - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    selfir wrote: »
    REQUEST TO ADMINS

Guilty guild/people should be revealed for public opinion so their members and other players would have opportunity to decide if they wanna be in guild abusing tw or not. Im sure in this guild there are many ppl that know nothing about anything. Thats why i dont see a point of hiding tag of this guild. Reveal it!

I second this. It is a pvp server for a reason. Let the public deal with their sorry butts as it see's fit. I give em about a week and the entire guild will disappear forever and never darken PWI's doors again. Future people will see this and not even contemplate doing it.
  • shamroc
    shamroc Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What I don't understand is that this abuse affects the guild Ascension but gets nothing out of this ordeal. While I understand that it benefits to us Ascension guild that there are repercussions for violating the rule, but it looks like we lose the chance of a territory war, and a 10M income allowance (remember that its not 10M, but 10M per week)

At least let us obtain the right to bid on the territory at 600k (another guild bidded on it before but we discussed with them and they allowed us to overbid them) and schedule us on any day (including today); or at least at 1.5M as that being our last bid before the bidding closed.
  • Exonfang - Heavens Tear
    Exonfang - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Very unfortunate. Though my guild ( Morrowind ) has not entered TW yet, I hope by the time we do things like these have been cleaned up. I also admire PW staff's intervension, something which is not very common in most modern day MMOs.

Thank you for removing their unfair edge, making it as hard (or easy) as it should be to gain a territory in HT. My guild (Morrowind) bids its many thanks.
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm...I was 100% sure that something had happened on Heaven's Tear...considering the events that preceeded this notice and things going on over here.

Maybe something happened in both servers?
    Well, if the ringmaster himself gets the ban also, not just the one in the dummy guild, then it will be obvious where it happened over time...if not both servers.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm...I was 100% sure that something had happened on Heaven's Tear...considering the events that preceeded this notice and things going on over here.

Maybe something happened in both servers?
    Well, if the ringmaster himself gets the ban also, not just the one in the dummy guild, then it will be obvious where it happened over time...if not both servers.

It was so obvious on Lost City. Especially since no one had ever seen the guild before, and immediately kept outbidding Ascension before time was up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mapster - Lost City
    Mapster - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That happened on PVP server. This guild tried use fake guild to avoid our KOS... now let s see b:chuckle
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Looks like it happened in both servers.

As a member in Heaven's tear, it is obvious that it happened too.
    If the guild who commited the crime is not banned, I will certainly put in a ticket for this to be investigated.

Judging from the posts however, it is obvious they were the ones who got banned, otherwise they'll be trash talking by now.
  • Katryn - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Was exactly the same on Heaven's Tear too. Completely unknown guild no one had ever seen any members of (and I still have yet to see a single member of.)...
  • shamroc
    edited October 2008
    Oh, then, sorry for your lost. Our guild leader of Ascension happened to be able to catch a GM's attention and has been trying to find a solution to this problem for the past 2 days. We just assumed that this was referring to Ascension in the Lost City server. Also that we were happening to be doing FB69 and he said the GM has figured a way to resolve this; as well there was a display of system messages so that led us to believe that it was about the Lost City server.
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Was exactly the same on Heaven's Tear too. Completely unknown guild no one had ever seen any members of (and I still have yet to see a single member of.)...

Yup, I know exactly the guild you are speaking of. No one that I know, nor myself, has ever seen a member of them either.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Katryn - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    No worry. I am sorry for the loss to both of our guilds. And I truely do hope the offender on Lost City is indeed being taken care of. There really is no way of knowing which one this one adresses. I wish the best for both of our guilds, and servers. :)

It may very well be attending to the one on Lost, as we were unable to find a GM at the time it happened to us, and so instead resorted to filing a ticket.
  • shamroc
    edited October 2008
    It seems like the offenders got their just cause (though some may argue that it isn't enough, that is not in my jurisdiction and I don't care too much as long as they get a severe punishment, which I think this one is) but the fact that we get no compensation is problematic.

Sorry for this analogy but its like being in a lawsuit, getting and being able to file a court case with the judge, then prosecuting them but getting nothing in return when in fact that the judge has all authority and capability to recompensate us, but won't.
  • agravain
    agravain Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Was the notice of this action posted in game on Lost City? Heavens Tear had an in-game GM notice that action had been taken against a guild for violating TW practices and to read more in this forum. I assumed, therefore, that the violation had occurred on Heavens Tear. My logic will prove complete bunk if someone on Lost City can verify that the same message was posted there.
  • shamroc
    edited October 2008
    Could be that they both decided to resolve the incidences at the same time.

P.S. on the off note, how do you update your name with an avatar showing your character's class/level/gender, you know, the picture icon when you post
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    agravain wrote: »
    Was the notice of this action posted in game on Lost City? Heavens Tear had an in-game GM notice that action had been taken against a guild for violating TW practices and to read more in this forum. I assumed, therefore, that the violation had occurred on Heavens Tear. My logic will prove complete bunk if someone on Lost City can verify that the same message was posted there.

Lost City server also received the same message.
  • aland
    edited October 2008
    Looks like the guild in Heaven's Tear who committed the crime has already transfered leadership to someone else.

I guess it's their desperate attempt to escape the 2 week punishment, but they forgot they just broke another rule, no account sharing (the words on the street is that the other person logged onto the leader's account to transfer the leadership)

The guild really should be disbanded, a guild who abuses the system against the rules should not have the privillege of owning any land at all. I know the leader does not represent the whole guild, but it is unlikely that their "officers" did not know anything about the fake bids.

The guild should be disbanded and the rest of the members then will have the opportunity to create another guild (keep following the abusers), or join another guild who can play the game like how it was suppose to be played.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    shamroc wrote: »
    Could be that they both decided to resolve the incidences at the same time.

P.S. on the off note, how do you update your name with an avatar showing your character's class/level/gender, you know, the picture icon when you post

go to here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php

and click the change avatar at the right ^^
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    shamroc wrote: »
    Sorry for this analogy but its like being in a lawsuit, getting and being able to file a court case with the judge, then prosecuting them but getting nothing in return when in fact that the judge has all authority and capability to recompensate us, but won't.

Even worse... to continue your analogy
    You, as the plaintiff in this "lawsuit" will apparently receive no compensation. But further, the judge has informed you that someone has won their case, but you don't know if it was you or an entirely different plaintiff. If this was my guild I would be shittin' nails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What happened on Heavens Tear to make you all believe it was an issue on your server? You guys have so much land open it's not even worth trying to use a fake guild to bid...
  • aland
    edited October 2008
    What happened on Heavens Tear to make you all believe it was an issue on your server? You guys have so much land open it's not even worth trying to use a fake guild to bid...
    The guild leader of that guild (shall remain nameless) has strangely logged in and is now a commissioner with no rank
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    Shamrock - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol i like your analogy
This discussion has been closed.