Territory War Abuse - Warning

Comments

• lostfaith
    lostfaith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Dixie, could you please answer to some of my questions?

GM's didnt banned real responsible guild?
    GM's didnt gave land to right ownters (Ascension)?
    GM's are not willing even to tell us guild/player responsible for all this mess?
    GM's say that 2 week ban for SMURF guild leader (which is an alt, roflmao copter?) should serve as a punishment?
    RESPONSIBLE GUILD STILL GOT LAND WHILE WE ARE LEFT BEHIND, DO YOU CALL THAT JUSTICE?

If thats your real way to deal with problems then two thumbs down. You gonna loose a lot of feature customers because of such decisions. Right now you are defendin 1 person rights, one that created fake guild, but do you realize that one guild with 150 members are upset? That you decide to protect 1 guilty person in cost of 150 innocent ones?
  • Sioned - Lost City
    Sioned - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Greetings,

I am speaking here for myself even tho i am an Executer of HolyHell,

At the moment Ascension thinks that we the whole guild of HolyHell did do that, and their proof is that our guildleader hasn't logged in yet.

To just state that i don't know what really happened and who did what.
    Currently we are the accused and many of our members would like to know the truth and act accordingly to it.

So i plead the GameMasters of Perfect World International to rethink their decision about not revealing the names and the whole process of what happened.

At the moment a whole guild is accused and will most likely be KOSed by the whole server in the near future. So please clarify exactly what happened and who was involved. It is for sure an act of few and it affects many.

If it was HolyHell the members will act accordingly to that information. If it was someone else. than HolyHell is free of charge and the other guild and their members can act according to this information. I am pretty sure that not all members of the guild responsible for this, were informed or involved in what was planned and done here.

So the current policy of silence is protecting the wrong ones.

State the facts and let the players act.

Sincerly Yours
    Sioned
  • Foxledy - Heavens Tear
    Foxledy - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:worried
    you know just seeing this post. now i will never join a guild. you cant just go ban all the guild player. that really not right at all. i going quit my guild soon i log on. this rule you got need to be fix. i know that fake guild is wrong. but banned all the player that have nothing to do with that fake guild is low blow! i know i will hate it if i didn't know i join a fake guild. than end up getting ban.
    b:angry
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Greetings,

I am speaking here for myself even tho i am an Executer of HolyHell,

At the moment Ascension thinks that we the whole guild of HolyHell did do that, and their proof is that our guildleader hasn't logged in yet.

To just state that i don't know what really happened and who did what.
    Currently we are the accused and many of our members would like to know the truth and act accordingly to it.

So i plead the GameMasters of Perfect World International to rethink their decision about not revealing the names and the whole process of what happened.

At the moment a whole guild is accused and will most likely be KOSed by the whole server in the near future. So please clarify exactly what happened and who was involved. It is for sure an act of few and it affects many.

If it was HolyHell the members will act accordingly to that information. If it was someone else. than HolyHell is free of charge and the other guild and their members can act according to this information. I am pretty sure that not all members of the guild responsible for this, were informed or involved in what was planned and done here.

So the current policy of silence is protecting the wrong ones.

State the facts and let the players act.

Sincerly Yours
    Sioned

Yea, it seems like people seem on Lost City server seems to think it was your guild, but a lot of people on Heaven's Tear seems to think it was one of the guilds over here. I would also like to know which server(s) it happened on and who was responsible so the entire server knows who is/isn't the blame.

Tell the people the truth.
    Analogy: It's like letting some guy steal a bunch of money (opporunity) from a company (the community/other guilds of PW), therefore **** over the company for future profit (taking land), and then the government/police (admin) saying "We caught the bad guy...they're going to be thrown into jail for 2 weeks. We aren't going to ever tell anyone who it was though...they know what they did was wrong."

So now the company is going to suspect lots of different guilds/people until a name is released.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Lyte - Lost City
    Lyte - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It might have been our guild, either way, none of us inside the guild new anything about this travesty. I feel ashamed of anyone who would stoop so low in a game, A GAME. It is a disgust to PWI and a wrong that was righted. I assure you all, if in fact my suspicions are correct, this was the doing of one individual, not aguild. Those being banned are the ones responsible, and those who were alongside it, were blind to the fact it was happening. This is a wonderfull game, and as such, people should never ever abuse the system upon which it stands. By ignoring the appropriate system of checks and balances in this game, people who played were left out of what they could/ would have done. My deepest and sincerest apologies to the ascension guild, you deserved your territory, and it is a terrible shame upon the responsible party's name.
    Ps. I am a longstanding member of the HolyHell guild, and I assure you, with utmost sincerity, that none of us would have ever done such a thing. It is a repulsing and disgusting feat that I certainly would never have taken part in.
    For the time being, and untill proof positive is found, I ask that you remain neutral in your attemps to otherwise slander an innocent guild's name; and I thank you for all remaining so cool about this whole deal.
    Again, if in fact it was our leader, we would all be completely ashamed that they would stoop so low and defeat the ingrained puyrpose that is this game, that being, its true spirit of fun.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Halcyon - Lost City
    Halcyon - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    We already have sufficient reason to believe that the leader Saska and other ranked members of HolyHell were involved. As of today there is a 24 hour period for innocent members to leave the guild, before our guild and the rest of the server issues the appropriate punishment for their rules violation.

Of course we are only 99% certain Holyhell are the culprits here, but due to the GMs protecting the real culprits identities, there is no way to obtain 100% proof. The consequence is a guild will vanish tomorrow due to illegal and cowardly acts of their leader. It may be unfair to innocent members, but plentiful time has been provided for them to leave and avoid KOS.
  • jebbediah
    jebbediah Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    GM you need to speak up and tell us who what guild is respondible .im being told to leave the guild im in becuase thier the ones that did this and my leader's arnt online atm i dont want to support someone who cheated in the game.

I deserve to know if i have to leave this guild or not
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree the gms should state who did this.

Telling the name of ingame players isn't a violation of privacy.

Also, it is rather lame that ascension aren't given a chance at taking the territory again. They lose a whole week because of this.
    Basically, by not giving them the land or giving them the right to attack twice the next week, you're saying that people can still **** other guilds over an entire week as long as they anonymize themselves...

Then again, I suppose can't expect better judgement from a company that forces level 60+ werebeasts and priests to pay $30+ a month for heirograms that cost $2.50 and last an hour or two.. You can't argue that "they dont have to use the cash shop", because inevitably the economy will inflate (and 250k per is already too much). Heiros will cost 500k+ in a few months and then the only way to play is pay.
    No werebeasts and priests = no guild activity and lots of whining. It's already happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    jebbediah wrote: »
    GM you need to speak up and tell us who what guild is respondible .im being told to leave the guild im in becuase thier the ones that did this and my leader's arnt online atm i dont want to support someone who cheated in the game.

I deserve to know if i have to leave this guild or not

The GM aren't going to speak up and have one guy be KOS to the whole sever against there code, I mean yes it would work out well for everyone else, but we all know who it is, Or we are guess who it is.

On the matter of HolyHell, I don't think it's fair that Asc is doing what they are doing, I know they are mad, I would be mad as well, but your force people to leave a guild that they have been in for awhile and people who might have not been part of the thing happen, It seem kind childish to do that against people who didn't have any part in it. It's pushing people who have got to be good friends away from there friends, because one guy being an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Halcyon - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    We waited for the GMs to take action but their punishment was ridiculously insufficient. As of now HolyHell has 30 people left - looks like noone wants to be associated with a cheating guild.
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    On the matter of HolyHell, I don't think it's fair that Asc is doing what they are doing, I know they are mad, I would be mad as well, but your force people to leave a guild that they have been in for awhile and people who might have not been part of the thing happen, It seem kind childish to do that against people who didn't have any part in it. It's pushing people who have got to be good friends away from there friends, because one guy being an idiot.

It is extremely kiddy of them, but unfortunately Ascension are probably doing more to discourage fake bidding than the gm's actions are.

The fake bidders got what they wanted, and that's all that matters. They'll do it again, exept next time do better at hiding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ecclaire - Lost City
    Ecclaire - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It is extremely kiddy of them, but unfortunately Ascension are probably doing more to discourage fake bidding than the gm's actions are.

The fake bidders got what they wanted, and that's all that matters. They'll do it again, exept next time do better at hiding it.

You're being naive if you think the admins can not back track the money transactions to figure out who gave money to what dummy account of a dummy guild. As to the rest of your comment. It's a pvp server. Population can dictate what decorum is acceptable to the server society. The masses have spoken. Holy Hell, in abusing the TW, the core feature of the game, has crossed the line. Now they get to suffer the consequences.
  • Sioned - Lost City
    Sioned - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i dont know who told you HH has 30 ppl left. At this moment i still see over 150 people in our guild roster.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I dont know if its Holy Hell that did it but the fact my guildies have reported seeing Holy hell guildies hacking in game makes me think all the more that it was them Archers running around with Volcanic Magnetite attack pets (Attacking monsters) with names -NPC- killing mobs with no Venomancers at all seems fishy to me and they said they the Holy hell disappeared when they got close...
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    You're being naive if you think the admins can not back track the money transactions to figure out who gave money to what dummy account of a dummy guild.
    Not really, no. There's so many ways to hide it it's not even funny.
    Proxy -> game card -> sell gold ingame -> fake bid.
    As to the rest of your comment. It's a pvp server. Population can dictate what decorum is acceptable to the server society. The masses have spoken. Holy Hell, in abusing the TW, the core feature of the game, has crossed the line. Now they get to suffer the consequences.

It's still immature, and you can't justify it. Not that I wouldn't do it myself mind you. But I wouldn't try to justify it.
    It's highly probable most their guild didn't even know. But hey, I won't miss them anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Halcyon - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    If anyone even bothered to read my complaint, i was suggesting that GMs be more proactive during bidding time. If a fake bid is spotted, then ban that leader to prevent further bids. There is no way to bid at the last second because it will cause an extension of 20 mins, then another 20 mins, giving the GM 40 minutes to take action.
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If anyone even bothered to read my complaint, i was suggesting that GMs be more proactive during bidding time. If a fake bid is spotted, then ban that leader to prevent further bids. There is no way to bid at the last second because it will cause an extension of 20 mins, then another 20 mins, giving the GM 40 minutes to take action.

have to agree with that, I wish they would be action during that time to see if a fake guild is betting or not, It would nip this issue in the butt right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    EDIT "nevermind I retract my statement"
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    menchi wrote: »
    This is rampant on the Chinese and Malaysian servers without anyone ever punished for it.
    This set a precedent that it was allowed.

If you wish to set a new precedent that this server will have a different rule, then issue such warnings before you punish someone.

I fail to see how you can be justified in issuing punishments for what has already become established strategies on the other versions of this game.

This concern was already adressed in the first week this forum opened, a month or more before closed beta....
    Q : Will you forbid the use of "fake guilds" to thwart other guilds from bidding on territories?
    A : if we encounter "fake guilds" or people trying to exploit the system, we will conduct a full investigation and take action accordingly. (Orinj)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is exactly the actions GM's are needed to do. Deal with cheaters swift and hard.

No stupid, meaningless and 100% inefficient warnings, just straight ban.

Now enforce your other rules with the same determination GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • thameng
    thameng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    " As the leader of Asstension on Lost City, I would like to name a guild who i think did it... and express our disappointment at the way blabalbalbaalbalbalabalbalbalbalabalbalbalbalbalaba. "

**EDITED First of all what are you 2? Second keep your accusations off a public forum, this isn't that board game you played with your mom... I'm not condoning what happened, but come on here.. I think after reading this I'm more annoyed with these Asstension people rather than the guild leader that exploited. Grow up and get on with your lives...

Oh and I guess i should make an analogy?
    Umm If the guild in question was the cheese....... than the guild which points fingers is the ?
  • laszlo01
    laszlo01 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello Iam Saska (HealyHell Leader).
    I got this mail 5hours ago before war time:

Hello,

We have recently found this account to be connected to another account that was creating a dummy guild for Territory Wars. This is against the rules of Territory Wars and as a result, this account has been banned for two (2) weeks. You will still be able to defend any territories that you currently control, but you will not be able to bid for new territories. Keep in mind that this ban will expire in two weeks, and please take this as a serious warning not to do this in the future. And just so you know, we will not release any information regarding which guild and/or players were involved.
  • yoshixx
    yoshixx Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    LOL
    nice, this is normal?
  • davies007
    davies007 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So i tried to contact the PefectWorld International Inc. in mail.
    They didnt answer any mails.
    I just wrote this:

Dear Officer
    I sadly heard about your decision about banning my friend Saska, the faction leader of HolyHell.
    Both of us participated the PWI from the beta test. Even we have 90+ lvl characters on the other server we choose yours to play.
    You banned Saska without any warning and your decision ruin 30 days of hard work of at least 80 people not just his.
    Nevertheless we spent (almost everybody in the guild pay) a lot (300-400 bucks per ppl) for enjoy the game and playing and develop the chars.
    Unfortunately you were not eager to answer at all that is the reason why I wrote this letter (hope this catch your attention finally).
    Your game PWI was advertised on my home page without asking any fee or further support for it.
    We spent money not for abusing us and I will tell/show to all of the players around how you abusing the rule of the game.
    I do not want any other player to spent countless money before you ban them without any reason.
    We still do not understand why Saska has been banned so far. Please do show me the relevant point of TOV or EULA about this RULE of TWA.
    May I ask you to give his rights back and make apology to him.
    If you not doing so I will do everything I can to prevent them being abused by you.
  • leslysw
    leslysw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I do not see who may bid on an area in the regulation and who not . b:scorn

sry my englis wery bad
  • laszlo01
    laszlo01 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I sent a mail to PWI Inc. 30 hours ago, but I did not get answer yet.
    My mail there is:

Dear Perfect World Officer/GM,

I wrote this message because I was shocked when I realized you banned my account. I'm truly disappointed being banned last night. Even I was shocked when I realized I can not log in, I found myself in a very strange situation after I found your written notice in my personal in box about the reason of the ban.
    I red the notice but do not understand at all. My account was banned because I had connection with another account that created a dummy guild for Territory Wars. Would you be so kind to elucidate me what it really means. As a faction leader I had (and hopefully will have in the future) lot of connections through the world of Perfect World. As a player of Perfect World I agreed the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, but never thought it including such a statement like : do not connect any account you are not familiar with otherwise your account might be banned if any of your connection violating any rules.
    I do believe I did not violated any rules and can not tolerate/accept the punishment of the guild itself. Your decision will render the guild/faction (HolyHell) helpless for the future if we can not bid in Territorial War within next fortnight. Even HolyHell can defend its own territories, the faction will not have access to conquer more land and we will become weaker than other factions who will have chance to bid. You have punished the whole faction because some of my contact made something I did not understand, even it was violating the rules of Territory War.
    Dear Officer/GM please be so kind to reconsider this issue and do not punish me and the faction as well. If this 2 weeks restriction will not change the faction (one of the strongest ) will die as far as I'm concern.

Thanks in advance

Your sincerely

Saska
  • yoshixx
    yoshixx Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xuejian wrote: »
    As the leader of Ascension on Lost City, I would like to express our disappointment at the way the dWarfS fake bid situation was resolved. Having been outbid at 21.59 by the fake guild, we immediately sought for a GM (Ironman) who told us he would investigate if we submitted a ticket. We requested that he stick around until bids were finalized, and then placed another bid to extend closing time to 22.40. At 22.39 the fake guild continuously outbid us and unfortunately was able to squeeze in an outbid right at the death. At this time, I was told that GM Ironman had left his shift and went home already and the new GM BearClaw was unable to handle the case as it was Ironman's. This entire situation could have been avoided if there was a GM available during the close of bidding. A swift investigation to check IPs could have been carried out, followed by a ban on the fake guild's GM to prevent further bidding. Instead, I was told to submit a ticket and wait until GM Ironman was back to read it.

The losses to our guild includes missing out on a strategic land (Tradewind) which would have given us access to central and top right lands, as well as a cumulative 10M per week loss in income. It also denies newer members a chance to experience the TW battlefield before PvP TWs begin. GMs have already said that there is nothing that could be done to repair the damage done to our guild. Apparently it is not possible to delete fake bids or assign land to our guild, so there are only two options.

1. Roll back TW bidding (which would cause major disturbance to the server)
    2. Takeover the leader's account of the major guild behind the fake bid and kick everyone from that guild before this weekend's TW to prevent them from getting another land. Then enforce a lockdown on one of their lands which will be used to provide us with 10M salary a week.

TW MAP: http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twmapcx2.jpg

For example, if HolyHell (orange lands) is behind the fake bids, we will take windswept grasslands, then leave silk ridge for farming income.

This would appear to be the simplest solution and the best compromise for all interests. I expect GMs to consider this option and take the further action necessary. We brought this matter to the GM's attention well in advance, and should not have to suffer the penalty for their inaction.

Regards,
    Halcyon

WTF
    ASCENSION Leader is a Cheater and GM help????!!!!
  • leslysw
    edited October 2008
    yoshixx wrote: »
    WTF
    ASCENSION Leader is a Cheater and GM help????!!!!

yes
    I believe this in this manner already. b:angry
  • Halcyon - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    The proof is now there for all to see, and it is clear that the perpetrators are completely unremorseful for their actions. I believe Saska now deserves a permanent ban and the members who abused global chat and claimed they would make further TOS infractions be banned for a significant period of time.
  • leslysw
    edited October 2008
    The proof is now there for all to see, and it is clear that the perpetrators are completely unremorseful for their actions. I believe Saska now deserves a permanent ban and the members who abused global chat and claimed they would make further TOS infractions be banned for a significant period of time.

you are a swindler and it who helped you b:angry
This discussion has been closed.