Territory War Abuse - Warning

Comments

• noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I say he guild on lost city should be put on a wanted list to be pked on site on top of the 2 week TW ban. That would make them disban in a flash.
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    Shamrock - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    People will find out eventually if the guild leader changes or what not, but there's no compensation for the guilds that got affected by this ordeal.
  • xuejian
    xuejian Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As the leader of Ascension on Lost City, I would like to express our disappointment at the way the dWarfS fake bid situation was resolved. Having been outbid at 21.59 by the fake guild, we immediately sought for a GM (Ironman) who told us he would investigate if we submitted a ticket. We requested that he stick around until bids were finalized, and then placed another bid to extend closing time to 22.40. At 22.39 the fake guild continuously outbid us and unfortunately was able to squeeze in an outbid right at the death. At this time, I was told that GM Ironman had left his shift and went home already and the new GM BearClaw was unable to handle the case as it was Ironman's. This entire situation could have been avoided if there was a GM available during the close of bidding. A swift investigation to check IPs could have been carried out, followed by a ban on the fake guild's GM to prevent further bidding. Instead, I was told to submit a ticket and wait until GM Ironman was back to read it.

The losses to our guild includes missing out on a strategic land (Tradewind) which would have given us access to central and top right lands, as well as a cumulative 10M per week loss in income. It also denies newer members a chance to experience the TW battlefield before PvP TWs begin. GMs have already said that there is nothing that could be done to repair the damage done to our guild. Apparently it is not possible to delete fake bids or assign land to our guild, so there are only two options.

1. Roll back TW bidding (which would cause major disturbance to the server)
    2. Takeover the leader's account of the major guild behind the fake bid and kick everyone from that guild before this weekend's TW to prevent them from getting another land. Then enforce a lockdown on one of their lands which will be used to provide us with 10M salary a week.

TW MAP: http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twmapcx2.jpg

For example, if HolyHell (orange lands) is behind the fake bids, we will take windswept grasslands, then leave silk ridge for farming income.

This would appear to be the simplest solution and the best compromise for all interests. I expect GMs to consider this option and take the further action necessary. We brought this matter to the GM's attention well in advance, and should not have to suffer the penalty for their inaction.

Regards,
    Halcyon
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Free bump, completely support the second option

2. Takeover the leader's account of the major guild behind the fake bid and kick everyone from that guild before this weekend's TW to prevent them from getting another land. Then enforce a lockdown on one of their lands which will be used to provide us with 10M salary a week.

It is unfair to rest of the community if the guild behind the fake bids are allowed to keep on getting their land, AND income, even tho they did it against the rules.
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Perhaps it hasn't happened on Heaven's Tear...unless the ban was only an IP ban...

Leadership has transfered in the guild to someone the leader is very close to in real life, and the previous leader is no longer an officer.

If it was only an IP ban then it's possible someone else just logged onto the account. If it wasn't an IP ban but a character ban, then not sure how they got logged in...since something extremely suspicious is going on.

I suppose we'll see next week to see whether they bid or not...

And if they haven't been caught yet then it's very likely something will happen...as many many people see something going on and have submitted tickets. Hopefully this gets lookged into, if it hasn't been yet.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Perhaps it hasn't happened on Heaven's Tear...unless the ban was only an IP ban...

Leadership has transfered in the guild to someone the leader is very close to in real life, and the previous leader is no longer an officer.

If it was only an IP ban then it's possible someone else just logged onto the account. If it wasn't an IP ban but a character ban, then not sure how they got logged in...since something extremely suspicious is going on.

I suppose we'll see next week to see whether they bid or not...

And if they haven't been caught yet then it's very likely something will happen...as many many people see something going on and have submitted tickets. Hopefully this gets lookged into, if it hasn't been yet.
    If the leadership has already been changed, then it is likely that they will continue to bid.

GMs please take care of the guilds who violate the rules please.
  • kazuyacat
    kazuyacat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So a major guild leader created a dummy guild to insure that Ascension wouldn't be able to gain land this week right?
    GMs have dealt with this by banning the offender for 2 weeks.

So didn't the offender get what he wanted in the first place?

While I support the 2 week ban, GMs please tell me why you are letting the guilty win.
  • kluheht
    kluheht Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I dont see how this solution helps Ascension in any way, your rules are made to prevent this from hapening but now it hapened and you wont change it? Looks like your rules are good for nothing imo...
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Unfortunately what's done is done for this week. The offending guild's leader has been banned for two weeks so his/her guild will be prohibited from bidding on any new territories for the two upcoming weeks.

Alright i understand,(Much as im Haha at Asc) but I don't think it was fair that this had happen, I know you guys ban him, But if this is going to happen to everyone on the sever, No one going to want to play, Are you guys going to be able to do something about it? Or Is it just going to fall where it falls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Pretty much we get screwed... b:sad
  • bolverk
    bolverk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    o.O 2 week leader ban? thats lame, you should make a TW related punishment...
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Guilds that do this should be disbanded and leader or whoever was behind it given a permanent ban.

For example: If you have a problem in your town with kids key-ing cars and all you do is throw them in jail for a few nights or give them a vandalism fine, they'll just go do it again...and again. You aren't gonna get it stop.

However, take one of those kids, cut off his head and put it on a stake in the center of the town and no one will EVER key cars in that town EVER again.

The harsher the punishment, the less likely it'll happen again.

Not saying any heads should roll...but stricter punishments should be enforced.

EDIT: Not like you can really make the punishment any harsher now since you've already stated what the punishment was...but for future reference in case any other guilds might have broken the rules too.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2008

However, take one of those kids, cut off his head and put it on a stake in the center of the town and no one will EVER key cars in that town EVER again.

The harsher the punishment, the less likely it'll happen again.

Not saying any heads should roll...but stricter punishments should be enforced.

No pun intended right?

Can I call you ....Vlad the Impaler?
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Well the GM said that repeat offenders will get harsher punishments, so yeah. However, I still think that say, for some reason, one of your members/multiple members are gonna travel on vacation and they're like, who cares about a 2 week ban since I won't be in front of a computer at all.

Can just give him money to outbid people. Hell, you can do that to outbid someone who is going to attack you on the last minute too to save yourself. The punishment is a bit lenient.

Imagine knowing that you'll be attacked, might as well save yourself and get one person banned for two weeks and save yourself 10M then to take the attack that you know you have no chance of winning, am I right? Members can do this, you can pay people to do this, hell you can have a roommate or family member do this at level 1 and do this to save yourself from ALL attacks forever. (Really, seriously, I can get one or two of my friends and their roommates to form a guild, which aren't technically "dummies", but give them money to log in at a certain date and stop all future attacks on us for the first couple of weeks, although it would be somewhat dumb).

Even though my prior posts have said this was an okay punishment, and maybe its the stress seeing TW announcements and knowing we can't get one that we can do in 25 minutes, but this thing is utterly **** and should reprimand the entire guild.
  • Halcyon - Lost City
    Halcyon - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Clearly the fake bid has succeeded in every way imaginable. They were able to deny us land without giving up their identities to become food for KOS. What I don't understand is why the GMs are further protecting the identity of the culprits. If they are unable to provide the appropriate punishment, then why not let us do it for them?

This kind of warning is simply a joke and won't deter anyone from abusing fake guilds. Without server side intervention during the bidding window, I'm expecting fake bids to become commonplace in future. This time the culprits may be smarter and access from internet cafes using zen-gold conversion to avoid being tracked down.
  • kluheht
    edited October 2008
    they probably didnt even find out who the guilty person is.. I dont think GM care very much about us or the rules...
  • Halcyon - Lost City
    Halcyon - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Pretty soon people will use start using fake guilds for the purpose of countering other fake guilds. It's gonna go downhill pretty quickly from there.
  • Waxxorian - Lost City
    Waxxorian - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Even though i'm happy the GMs actually care on this server, the way they handle this situation it's just lame. A 2 weeks ban? that must be a joke, that won't stop whoever did this from bidding on another land keep going... so pretty much whoever did it got what he wanted, did a big damage to our guild. I support everyone else that asks for the name of whoever did this. The community should know who did it and their members should do too so they can decide if they want to stick around with cheaters. For the GMs you're doing a good work however you need to improve the way you'll handle with this kind of situation because it'll happen again.. fake bids will ruin the game.
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Unfortunately what's done is done for this week. The offending guild's leader has been banned for two weeks so his/her guild will be prohibited from bidding on any new territories for the two upcoming weeks.
    Clearly the fake bid has succeeded in every way imaginable. They were able to deny us land without giving up their identities to become food for KOS. What I don't understand is why the GMs are further protecting the identity of the culprits. If they are unable to provide the appropriate punishment, then why not let us do it for them?

This kind of warning is simply a joke and won't deter anyone from abusing fake guilds. Without server side intervention during the bidding window, I'm expecting fake bids to become commonplace in future. This time the culprits may be smarter and access from internet cafes using zen-gold conversion to avoid being tracked down.

But yeah at less we can hope people won't start doing this if they want this to last no matter how much you dislike the other guild, Or even if they pk you, We know a lot of people on this sever are bigger then that, Even if they dont seem like it when they are **** talking. You made a good point there should be more action, Or The people who bid on it first who be put in that TW, I'm sure the Gm Could do this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josh88
    josh88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol guys just chill, in a weeks time we will know who it was and then let the KOS begin ^^
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    After a thorough investigation, the Leader of this guild has been discovered and issued a two week ban, and any connected dummy accounts have been permanently been banned.

this suggests the person used a alternate account to bid, but they tracked down his main account and banned it.

Any guilds found to be abusing the Territory War System in any way will be punished accordingly, and repeat offenses may result in the permanent banning of your entire guild

this means if it was done as personal attack towards the guild, and not as a stategic move from another alliance, doing it again will result in that person being banned.

We will not reveal the identity of the guilds involved in the abuse cited above. They know who they are, and should correct their behavior in the future.

however this suggests it was a GM of another guild. if it were a member, the GM may not be aware of his actions. the only way xarfox could make a statement like this is if he was confident the guild knew of these actions. otherwise i would hate to see a whole guild banned for one rouge members actions.

overall his covered everything nessesary. while it's a setback for the guilds who lost the bid, the punishment is suitable. i dont believe many people are willing to risk their MAIN accounts over 10mil for 1 week.
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    **** that... by next week, try to bid on ascension land, i'll make sure my lil bro will have enough money to cover bid that you wont be able to bid on mine...
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    honestly you just don't understand that its not oooh 10M this week... we seriously have enough manpower to cover the land for at least another 4-5 weeks to confront a real big guild... this is about 40M + any possibilities of defending future attacks... seriously 2+ ppl already left because we weren't having territory wars and that we lost the possibility of increasing allowance/salary for our people.. we also had to take a further lost as we need to reduce the amount we receive in salary for future bids...

like most people said, this just made people succeed in what they wanted to accomplish, ruining our guild.. and it has.. a lil bit... but some people can argue.... we weeded out the disloyal members... we lost potential people in our guild over some trivial matter that can be solved by the press of a single GM action... (which is letting us get our territory bid when they know it was an infraction, k ow who did it, and have the ability to return it to its normal state)... so much for "this is unprecedented and we'll correct what other servers didnt"... all we did was ban someone and help the other guilds out by denying one guild capability of expansion and strategic land
  • Shamrock - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    maybe i just want to complain because i just drank 8 shots tonight... but im seriously just more pissed that people are making assumptions that only making a punishment with no compensation to the victims was the best action for the GMs and that it was justifiable as the only action to take... GMs have the power to make a difference, and if not, they're not useful in the game if they can't overturn, make rules, and enforce rules to do so... rules were made for a reason and if it wasn't just to punish people, it was that justice was to take place, and if that allowed for a way to compensate the victims that were being violated for people who disobeyed it.... then that is exercising the extent of the rules to its fullest capability

the GMs were saying that what happened this week had happened and we can't do anything about it.. thats ********.. if oyu wanted to ban all the IPs in the game so we can't play, that can happen, is it a smart decision? no... because soem people might qiut.. and most people would be mad... but can they do it? yes... its like saying i can't jump.. when i have gravity, two legs, and the energy to jump... just because it takes a little effort to jump, doesn't mean that i can't.. but just because i can.. i shouldn't... i really should.. its good for my body... and it good for the server and good for PW international...

another analogy... a guy driving without a license crashing into another one... its totally not the guy's fault for driving, he did take his precautions... he looked both ways, saw the guy coming... tried to serve.. but the guy kept driving and ran straight into it... now if theres a cop who could have turned on the siren after being warned by the pedestrian who called him 10 minutes before to stay on shift for another 10 minutes to watch out for the guy... even though his shift was about to end.. it could have been avoided.. but no the cop decided to leave and the next cop missed the whole ordeal... what happens then?

oh it looks like we lose the chance of land, potential money, and the guy gets taken to jail (not prison)... while this analogy is kinda pathetic, its somewhat what happened... and we're at the losing end; although theres multiple ways we can get compensated, even if we don't have to affect the other members of the guild (somewhat like suing the guy for money and his family being forced to pay for it, and this REALLY happens, though it may suck, it does), we get nothing out of this loss... all we get is a broken car, and some lost parts that we can only hope to replace in the future, although unlikely to do so... while WE CAN GET A REIMBURSEMENT... and in the game issue.. AT NO COST TO ANYONE ELSE

all in all, there really need to be some sort of reimbursment... we're not asking for free land, we're not asking for 100% reimbursement back... while Halcyon, the guild leader, is asking for a real punishment for the guild, all i'm asking for is the ability for us to participate for TW this week... i know some fo you people are thinking, yea its only because he got affected by it that he cares so much about it, and thats true, but if you think about it, it sux if it was to be you and you really need to think about that for yourself... i really spent some time into this guild and this salary thing has caused some problems now, since not only does it prevent future increase in our income from owning territory, but it has also cut back so our leader receives more cash to use to bid on land...
  • kluheht
    edited October 2008
    whatever he said
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    seriously 2+ ppl already left because we weren't having territory wars and that we lost the possibility of increasing allowance/salary for our people..

If the only reason why they were in your guild was for the salary... I feel for your leadership :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This week we found a guild that had created a dummy or fake guild in order to prevent another guild from participating in Territory War.

After a thorough investigation, the Leader of this guild has been discovered and issued a two week ban, and any connected dummy accounts have been permanently been banned.

Did you banned the guild leader of the fake guild or the guild leader of the real guild behind the fake guild?

Only banning the guild leader of the fake guild would be kind of pointless....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Uhmm... you realize that banning the guild leader only reduce that guild's memberlist by one? It does not prevent them from bidding new territories next week.

The Guild Director (vice GM) or the guild leader using another account, can simply make a new guild... have all their members move over the new guild by Monday and they can bid next week's war.

Banning the leader's account alone is useless.
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Im wondering if Sanctuary also got the notice about the guild abuse..if not Id say this abuse occured on both HT and LC servers. We'll soon find out..
  • Dixie - Lost City
    Dixie - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First off, this offence was made on the Lost City server, the warning message that was given after the culprit was identified was displayed to all of the server as a warning and to discourage this kind of abuse. So will you may see future messages like this it does not necessarily mean it happened on your server.

Secondly, this is how this is exactly how the message should be taken, anyone abusing the TW system will be dealt with a swift GM hand. This game was made for the enjoyment of the people who play it, it offers a relaxing get-away from the real worlds stress and for other people to take advantage of it will in return recieve no respect.

Thirdly, please keep in mind that although the culprit has been punished there is nothing stopping you from seeking your own personal vengence through the game. I would not encourage anyone to abuse the TW system for I believe retribution to be a strong medicine, I speak only of the PvP system its self. Keep in mind that though their "dummy" account has been permanently banned, their real account has only been temporarily banned for a 2 week period. This means that person could be anyone, a guild leader, a member, or even someone who isn't in a guild at all. While they obviously did this action with the intention to outbid another guild, that would suggest they are in another guild. If so, I would hope that the guild this person may be in will have enough brains to make the right decision about how to treat this person. Having all the fact at hand is one thing, assumptions are another.

Please remember to have respect for your fellow players, even though you may be friends with one and at war with another doesnt mean the latter should not be shown it.
This discussion has been closed.