Territory War Abuse - Warning

Options
xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
This week we found a guild that had created a dummy or fake guild in order to prevent another guild from participating in Territory War.

After a thorough investigation, the Leader of this guild has been discovered and issued a two week ban, and any connected dummy accounts have been permanently been banned.

Any guilds found to be abusing the Territory War System in any way will be punished accordingly, and repeat offenses may result in the permanent banning of your entire guild.

Territory War is one of the core features of PWI, and the abuse of this system is absolutely unacceptable.

We will not reveal the identity of the guilds involved in the abuse cited above. They know who they are, and should correct their behavior in the future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Very glad to see a stiff punishment for people abusing the TW system like this b:cool
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Are you guys going to give Asc there TW This weekend?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serathis
    serathis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Nice job, Xar. Good work keeping people in line and preventing exploits from going out there.
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

It would be nice, and only fair but I don't think they have the ability to do that.
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Lol! He Got Owned Big Time! Busteddddd!!!
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • Fatburger - Lost City
    Fatburger - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    posting in a potentially epic thread
  • xarfox
    edited October 2008
    Options

Unfortunately what's done is done for this week. The offending guild's leader has been banned for two weeks so his/her guild will be prohibited from bidding on any new territories for the two upcoming weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Did you got the guilds name?
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Who was involved? Do tell.
  • Dixie - Lost City
    Dixie - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I speak for only myself but it seems and offence like this should be dealt with to the full extent and a Permanent IP Ban should be instituted. People with the audacity to ruin the game for others should be made examples of. While I believe the GMs do a perfect job with what they have to work with and they have remorse for those who have been taken advantage of, I for one want to see an even more serious action taken against those who have been warned to not do this and still do not adhear to these rules.

Great job GMs

Dixie :P
  • xarfox
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Did you got the guilds name?

Yes, however we will not be publishing their name, as they know who they are and what they did. We ask that everyone else please respect their privacy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Yes, however we will not be publishing their name, as they know who they are and what they did. We ask that everyone else please respect their privacy.

Alright. But why not share the guilds name?
  • selfir
    selfir Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    REQUEST TO ADMINS

Guilty guild/people should be revealed for public opinion so their members and other players would have opportunity to decide if they wanna be in guild abusing tw or not. Im sure in this guild there are many ppl that know nothing about anything. Thats why i dont see a point of hiding tag of this guild. Reveal it!
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    b:victory Huge Props to the Admins for catching and dealing with it.b:victory
    "there is still much to be done"
  • xarfox
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I for one want to see an even more serious action taken against those who have been warned to not do this and still do not adhear to these rules.

As stated in the initial post, permanent bans and even guild bans are possible repercussions of abusing the Territory War System.

We realize that this sort of activity went unchecked in other versions of Perfect World, however we want to make it clear that this type of abuse is absolutely not acceptable in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clunker
    clunker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    what server?

good job btw GMs! keep up the good work.
  • selfir
    selfir Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    why not? why hide them? why let innocent members being lied? its not fair and i dont see a point of hiding guilty people here
  • princezuko
    princezuko Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    U GM's ARE EPIC! b:victory I love u all! ur amazing!
  • Illusion - Heavens Tear
    Illusion - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    In my opinion you are being a bit to lenient on this "guild" There should be a 0 tolerance policy for ANYONE who exploits anything in the game. If their IP's are not banned then their guild should be disbanded and/or never allowed to participate in Territory Wars. It is self riotous guilds/users like this that take away the fun in video games.

2 week suspension, thats just a slap on the wrist for the offenders and a slap in the face for all of us that play the game properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    b:laughb:chuckleb:laughb:chuckle

I'm pretty sure I know who it is! But Xarfox asked to respect his privacy so I will....

At least this should make things a bit easier for the other guilds. I'm sure i'm not the only one in Heaven's Tear who knows exactly what is going on!

A two week IP ban? That doesn't sound very harsh...I think their name and guild should be published by an admin so everyone finally knows the truth.

Well...nevertheless...the other guilds and players in the server are smart enough (I hope) to realize what is going on and finally see the truth!
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    damn amazing work GM's
    atleast now there ill be a chance for smaller guilds to participate in TW saying that a guild could hold up to 3 or 4 terratorys or so max depending on whats happening with the lands as u can only defend 3 terratorys at once,

and if u ppl use ur head for a second, they aint telling us the name of the guild because then u can easily gather who the leader is...lol

more powa to the GM's!
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Robb - Lost City
    Robb - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hmm, so for not putting your exact details such as phone number and adress in right u get a permenent bann
    for hiding your email on google checkout you get a permenent bann
    for using your parents/spouses paypal with their permission you get a permenent bann

but for creating a entire new guild to **** with the terriotory system and put an enitre guild back a week you only get 2 weeks bann?

... wow that seems fair

ps: you mean the guild dwarfs leaders had 2 weeks bann or the guild who made dwarf?
  • Requiem - Heavens Tear
    Requiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    wow, great job. I'm so happy this was done - things like this happened nonstop on the MY servers.

really happy to see you guys are on top of things. there's a really good GM presence here.
  • lostfaith
    lostfaith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Unfortunately what's done is done for this week. The offending guild's leader has been banned for two weeks so his/her guild will be prohibited from bidding on any new territories for the two upcoming weeks.

Could you please explain which guild has been prohibited from bidding on TW? The dummies guild called Dwarf? Or the real guild that is linked to this fake one?

If you banned "fake" guild, that doesnt help us at all because the real guild that was responsible for all this mess gonna take more lands while we are left behind?

With refusing to give land to Ascension (the right owners), you are making irreparable damage, any person next week can log-in from computer caffee and do exact the same thing like Dwarf's did.

In my point of view if you are not giving land back to Ascension - dont let the real people responsible for this accident guild bid too.
  • Jinxmuted - Heavens Tear
    Jinxmuted - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Okay why do you people really want to know? to be honest these people are in charge of this game, they do not have to reveal anything to anyone if its about someone else's personal information! that could result in a law suite even on a online game that will end up like that!b:surrender

Also I do think you should put something on those peoples names so they don't enter any other Guild, and do the same thing with people who don't have their same intention so put something on their name so we don't accidentally invite them into our guild (this pertaining to noobs)b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Everything smells better when you're sock b:laugh
  • kiyasu
    kiyasu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

If the fake guild didn't outbid, the land wouldve been Ascension's. If you look at the previous bidding only Fusion tried to attack Tradewind and they picked another land after Asc made a higher bid. Even by banning the guilty Leader for 2 weeks, you're still giving an advantage to other guilds.
  • Marinez - Heavens Tear
    Marinez - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    they really have lots of money tho !!
  • Mapster - Lost City
    Mapster - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ascension should have this land or at least the right to do their TW on it this week end
    Abuser s ban won t change a thing to Ascension...
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    And I really really hope that all the players under the abuser's account were not...including the ringmaster himself...not just the players of the dummy guild...otherwise that is not fair punishment at all.

Hopefully they all got banned. Well, if that's the case...people will know pretty quickly when they don't him for 2 weeks.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Azguard - Heavens Tear
    Azguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You know being a BF2(Battlefield 2) admin for a popular server i see these type of people all the time. True Perm Bans should be issued but at the sametime perm ban on the first offense can be a harsh with exception such as hacking.

I applaud the GMs work in this. Keep up the Good work.

Also revealing the guild who did it would be pointless since is was the leader who did it. If the other members were involved then they need action taken against them also.
This discussion has been closed.