OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• sheet
    sheet Posts: 5
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It seems that there's a glitch in the game which disables everyone's invidal looks. it even made my friend white instead of being his usual black self:

2008-09-1823-18-44.jpg

That's not a glitch luckily, it's in your system settings under UI, just tick "customisations" an it will all be back to normal.
    (sorry for my spelling)
  • Wishfox - Lost City
    Wishfox - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bulldog wrote: »
    After the patch I'm seeing some mobs as big red letters "ERR".

I'll post a screen shot when I get home, but basically the mob is capital letters "ERR". I don't mean above it's name I mean it actually shows as just letters! :rolleyes:

took this one outside of Orchid Temple:
    http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs231&d=08393&f=errmodel816.jpg

I have a guess it's just
  • Wishfox - Lost City
    Wishfox - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bulldog wrote: »
    After the patch I'm seeing some mobs as big red letters "ERR".

I'll post a screen shot when I get home, but basically the mob is capital letters "ERR". I don't mean above it's name I mean it actually shows as just letters! :rolleyes:

took this one outside of Orchid Temple:
    http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs231&d=08393&f=errmodel816.jpg

Missing models? Oh well, the big letters are funny, lol. Better than nothing!
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thank you for the screenshot. It's been sent to the appropriate people for investigation.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bugnf9.png

Skele Archer arm streches.

To all of you that think its cool... Sorry its gotta go :(
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • surtr
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sheet wrote: »
    This isn't really a forum or registration issue, but someone might know what's up...

Me and my friend go out and catch a pet like a heartless wolf, and when she hatches it it looks blocky and fugly; we sat and messed with the detail for at least an hour. He Bitter Wolf doesn't look like something that fell out of a children's game even with the detail on super low, and neither does her darkbreed. So we have no idea what's wrong with these new ones to make them look like a lego... Any tips?
    PS
    They don't look like **** in the wild, they get like this after we hatch them only. (or we wouldn't have tried to catch it) XD
    Do your pets look any different from a distance or when you zoom out?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• neo5566
    neo5566 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    deidei wrote: »
    Greetings PW Staff!
    It became really obvious that on MY-EN Pw one of the Staff members is in contact of a player called "NeoNe0".
    Like:
    NeoNe0's friend called "zomo" requied a lvl 5 millitary rank weapon. After a week the dragon city raid event started wich one drops the badges for the 5th millitary rank weapon.
    Right after zomo did get his weapon, the event finished without any annoucment.
    Don't tell me its just a concidence.
    Neo made the Oracle server unplayable, thats why we came here.
    neo has a contact with one or more members of the staff, he get cubigold for free and acting like
    the Gestapo, by terrorizing the whole "perfect world".
    After playing on the MY-EN server, I'm sure that, if this will happen again then everyone will leave this International server because there wont be a point of playing game like this.
    As i hope, (not for racism) the asian IP ban will work and there wont be a way to get through that wall.

Thanks for reading my post and i hope you will anwser me and choose wisely.
    This is funny in deed i am neo's frend and u must be hell lot of Jealous that he is a good player, and no he dont have any trades with GM's and zomo is lv 01 having his wep by geting 5th military Quest . = = grow up please b4 spreading rumors.
  • Saviorangel - Lost City
    Saviorangel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I cant login into my char: SaviorAngel when it's loading inside the dungeon, i've tried several times but all i got is being kick out of client and get an error window, please help me asap, tks
    http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22453337qt7.jpg
  • epiphanyboy
    epiphanyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Okay of a few I can think of off the top of my head, some venomancers have this problem where if your a bit of a distance away their skin color goes back to default settings except for their face (meaning you might see a green or pitch black face with a white body)

There seems to be a problem with the quest from Lei in allies camp, i got the quest, went to archosaur, found the tailor, found Hsi, but when i went back there was no option to finish the quest even though it told me to go back to him.

Last but not least theres the problem with not being able to alt tab or switch from game to another screen without having to restart game entirely, some people will say "it support that" but that isnt true because I can do it at my brother's house but not at home.

I also have screenshots of a weird problem where you cant see certain other players, and if you team them or trade them their name will show up as P3924788923 something like that, and it'll show that they are a blademaster or something.

about the venomancer thing, yes i've seen it on multiple computers, one good quality computer, and i mean really good, and one low quality computer.

about the screen switching, i know what it can and cannot do, still using two computers :mad:

and last but not least about the quest YES I DID EVERYTHING IT SAID TO DO :mad:

so dont ask those "did you do...." when I already stated I did

(why didnt any of this happen in MY-EN as far as i know it didnt <_>)
    Enough............
  • surtr
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I cant login into my char: SaviorAngel when it's loading inside the dungeon, i've tried several times but all i got is being kick out of client and get an error window, please help me asap, tks
    http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22453337qt7.jpg
    If this happens to you again, please take note of all the log files that are created in the error window, then put all of them into a zip file and send it to tech support along with a description of what you were doing at the time. Most of them will be in the Perfect World International\element\logs folder, but you may have to use the search function to find the others.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Saviorangel - Lost City
    Saviorangel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    surtr wrote: »
    If this happens to you again, please take note of all the log files that are created in the error window, then put all of them into a zip file and send it to tech support along with a description of what you were doing at the time. Most of them will be in the Perfect World International\element\logs folder, but you may have to use the search function to find the others.

I've submited the ticket as your requirement, hope to hear good news from you soon, tks...
    P/s: I do not know it can or not, but just need to take the char out of dungeon would be ok
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1. Today in less than an hour My system locked up completely,several times, requiring me to power off my computer to recover. Sure it could be a computer problem but I have no other problems with my system and I have been playing daily since I joined the closed beta.

2. Personally, I think the cities have become cluttered and ugly because of hundreds of randomly placed player shops. i think this is the startup point for the "online gold sellers" bots as well so it will only get worse. I am also sure this is causing a lot of the lag because the closer you get to the center of a city the worse the lag gets.
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • godknowswho
    godknowswho Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Inv. extension stone purchase from Item Mall doesnt have any effect after using it for Quest....does anyone getting the same problem?
  • benju
    benju Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    so when im done downloading nothing happens (after the extarction). so where/how can i get perfect world to start up?plz reply soon!! ! ! ! i wanna join this game........
  • Adacanavar - Lost City
    Adacanavar - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Inv. extension stone purchase from Item Mall doesnt have any effect after using it for Quest....does anyone getting the same problem?

Currently you can only have a maxiumum of 80 slots thats all i can think that would mess with it is that you already have 80 slots and bought to many stones sale it for coin i would say.
    Whys the rum always gone:eek:
  • bely
    bely Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i just started at sanctuary and i cant learn my pet skills im lvl 14 now. i have the 3 books in my inventory and enough money but when i go to pet trainer the skill tab stays empty.
  • bely
    bely Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    nvm its already fixed
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I wanted to thank everyone for sending us your bug findings, and posting them here. Even though sometimes we may not have the time to reply back in a timely manner, we do highly appreciate your support and help!

Thank you!

(back to work) :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • quelfish
    quelfish Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most likely not a bug, but a frustration of mine anyway;

Got a full party, you're doing, say FB29 at lvl 33. You know how impossible that is? I find it very frustrating that I have to train 'til I'm at least lvl 45 until the mobs get beatable for me and my guild mates. Is it not possible to cut FB-goers a slight bit of slack? I'm already dreading doing my FB39 at lvl 36 when I haven't even managed to do my FB29 because the mobs slay me and my party members with two hits. It stops being funny after a while. ><"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Options
    What instances are you trying to do? (give the proper in-game names for PWI)

What level is everyone in your squad?

For gameplay issues, please post in the other forums in the future, ok? :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • quelfish
    quelfish Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    IGN: Semyezza
    Lvl: 36 by now.
    Lvl of my mates: 34, 34, 36, 43, 30.
    And it's about most FBs. The Lvl 43 Archer didn't do his FB19 until he was 42, and we all helped him. One of us even got killed during. --;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dadedade
    dadedade Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I meet some problem in create my account......i cannot enter in the page why please help me....PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I can't log in at all. it says that I'm logged in already...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Check the Safe Log box when you log back in.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• reoato
    reoato Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was trying to creat a person a untame female but there seem to be only males? What the deal with that?
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Options
    "Untamed" females basically are Venomancers and Untamed males are Barbarians.
  • Melawen - Sanctuary
    Melawen - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Although I've been playing for just a few weeks, I found a rather cool bug.

Fly with an Elf, give yourself a good amount of distance to the ground. Activate Fly action to land and activate Fly again right before you land, so that you are flying again before hitting the ground and now you are flying without wings. I'm not sure if other people sees me flying without wings though.

Other than that, you can recreate this if timed right with the lag.
  • Okile - Heavens Tear
    Okile - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm at the rightful position for Su the Jock and i can't seem to find the NPC ? What's going on ?

ANd yes I did double check the coordonnates, to make sure they were right and it is right...

b:shocked
  • surtr
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Can you post a screenshot of your character standing at the proper location with your quest log open the appropriate quest?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• tayabashi
    tayabashi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Don't know if this is new, searched the forums but didn't find anything. SO either I'm blind, didn't word the search right, or this isn't posted.

So, a friend and I logged in today and we found that characters in our the loaded area do not load models. Distance is on max, and people that walk into view from outside that visual area/loaded area are visible. For character names, we get "P-(bunch of numbers)" and for pets we get "NPC" Who ever was logged in first of the two of us cannot see the other. First time this has happened for either of us..

Screen shots are from both characters, Poison and Poisson
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0315-59-19.jpg
    As you can see, you can get the mouse over them and select, but no name,
    Here's more shots
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0316-12-39.jpg
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0316-14-24.jpg
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0316-14-35.jpg
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0316-14-50.jpg

First one of these is only to show that we are in party, but Poisson can't see my name, even when I ran far out of sight and a bit out of town. Logging out only changes who's included in the can't see category, leaving the area does not allow pets to regain names, Rebooting only means I wait for the system to reboot to see it again

After checking with another character, I found that it's not our loaded area, per say, but the area of Lost city near the Pet Trainer and Blacksmith. I even logged in at the City of Plume to make sure, looked around for characters that I couldn't see and found none. I teleported back to the Lost City without logging out and found invisible people again.
    SS for the above:
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0316-34-40.jpg
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/RosenMaiden/2008-10-0316-34-50.jpg

Yes, I toggled show name and distance of vision, relogged in more than 3 times, rebooted more than once, etc.

*waits for someone to tell me that it's a really simple problem, point out a simple solution so i can bang my head and feel more like a noob than i am*
        _      _
      〃⌒ヾ-、―( ヾ       
      {{   ノ-―`゚ヘヽリ
      ゞ=〈ヽ〃ノノハ)〉、
       ノノハI」゚ ヮ゚ノリ`ヾ 、  
      ((/( ⊂レ卯つヽ V〉 
      V〉)' く/V|_!〉 ))   
       '′   じ'ノ
This discussion has been closed.