For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Rys - Heavens Tear
    Rys - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just so you know, this can be done with a vista system as well if you know where to find the things asked for or even easier you are running vista in a format close to the style of XP.
    If you are (or someone set it up for you that way) you will have run in your start menu, paint under programs/accessories.

Unfortunately my laptop has been setup as a XP mimic for too long to recall where run and paint are in vista.
  • gharatja
    gharatja Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For those of you who can't patch no matter how many times you try and are Windows XP users, and are perhaps anxiously awaiting a manual patch (they're working on it), you can help us with the patch server issues by doing the following:

2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert 64.74.217.11
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "64.74.217.11"
    3) Wait until it bring a message back and a full log. Maximize (enlarge) the window as large as it will go and hopefully all of the text will be able to fit into the screen.

Yes, I was trying a tracert to the pwi web host, which also has been giving me grief lately. Are you getting an overload of demand on these servers now? It almost appears like a DDOS attack, from what little I can tell here.

I presume that you mention XP, only because these tracert instructions apply to it, not that there's a particular patching process hardship with XP? I'm using home XP SP3 fwiw.

Here's a trace log to the address given, redacted at the start for the sake of a little respect to broadband subscriber privacy on the local subnet. There's nothing of much interest in that part of the log, anyway.

I'm taking the liberty of pasting the copied plain text, rather than a graphical screen capture of the rendered text. Doing a text copy in a command shell window is not so convoluted as the JPG equivalent. Let alone the relative information density per byte.

Here goes, hope this is of some decent diagnostic value. Plainly, all is not as well as one would like. :(
    g

--

<PRE>C:\>tracert 64.74.217.11

Tracing route to 64.74.217.11 over a maximum of 30 hops

[snip]
    7 24 ms 37 ms 21 ms te-0-2-0-5-cr01.chicago.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.141]
    8 71 ms 169 ms 164 ms TenGigabitEthernet2-2.ar5.CHI1.gblx.net [64.213.79.245]
    9 79 ms 117 ms 89 ms INTERNAP.te1-3.ar1.snv2.gblx.net [64.210.28.142]
    10 284 ms 238 ms 202 ms border1.pc2-0-bbnet2.sje.pnap.net [66.151.144.68]
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    [more of the same...]
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
    </PRE>
  • jamiechu
    jamiechu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My tracert is similar and I get a timeout on my 12th server hop. I'm assuming that's the update server. My update hangs on the elementclient.exe file. That's like right at the end of the update. Please fix. :/

To me, looked like maybe the servers were being hammered too much by people attempting to update, like the server can't handle the requests. :P Time to get better servers? :)
  • bigkahunaburger
    bigkahunaburger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A manual patch is now available for version 13 at http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client#manualpatch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rosa - Heavens Tear
    Rosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My game version was at 1 again so I had to download the manual patch to get it back up since the auto patcher wasn't working. It let me get the 1-5 version manual patch but the other patches on the site freeze at 6% and 1% and then after awhile says "Not Responding" and I've tried 5+ times. Any ideas? Thanks =)
  • rayearth
    rayearth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok Im using firefox browser and i have add on called DownThemAll I got it to 100%
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wrong thread, sorry.

Edit: Actually, since I have a post here anyway, is there a chance of mirroring the patch or something? Downloading the manual patch seems to be just as impossible as auto-patching. Furthest I've seen it get to this point is something like 17.3M out of 30.9M and then it just declares itself finished.
  • Bloodmess - Lost City
    Bloodmess - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Is solving this problem really that difficult? Just put the file on mirrors like filefront. I can't play the super lovely game if you don't do this. Stop fixing the downloading problem and put the file on filefront, then you can take 2 years to fix it I don't give a big katooey. Honestly my patient is nearly running out on this game.
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    Tiamat - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I just last night wanted to play game but then I found out I had to update :\ by time I updated I was tired and went to bed to go tommorow to work lol (I use old trick when it gets stuck exit client and open it again untill it went pass it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fongo
    fongo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah, I totally agree with Bloodmess...
    Yesterday I started to download the client, everything went good but now when I have to do a update I just can't because download stops on 3% or when I use automatic patcher it stops on some file...
    Can't you guys just upload the patches on filefront or somewhere?

PS. Sorry for my english, I could make some mistakes
  • Vontimur - Heavens Tear
    Vontimur - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    After patching game to version 13 I cant log in anymore(had problems with patching too, but finally autopatching completed). I enter my username and password but after pressing start, the game just exits.What to do?
  • tru7h
    tru7h Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I got the same thing, I had problems yesterday during the patch but it ended up working but now it tells me that the update server failed and when I try to play the game from the character selection screen, the game freezes.
    Playing to win.
  • farfar
    farfar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    when i press play it says cannot find page???:confused:
  • farfar
    farfar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    it also says i put the wrong id and password but i put the right id and password:mad::confused::mad:
  • rayearth
    rayearth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I feel bad for so i upload the patch to megaupload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APAUEDAH
This discussion has been closed.