For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Please send logs to our ticketing system here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • vantales
    vantales Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah. But thats only a solution for the smaller files. Luckily I got past the elements.data but its almost impossible for the tasks data. Think it got about 5MB and I dont get a stable connection to load them at once. So it forces me to start downloading the file from the beginning. The best I got right now with one stable connection was about 2,5 MB from this file. And that after about 3 hours of trying :(

Theres no diffrence between close the game and restarting it or just click on the try again button. It just depends on luck how long you get a stable connection to the update server. Sometimes I restart the whole game and get about 300 kb of the file. Another time I just hit "Try again" and get about 1 MB downloaded.

Think on total I created a bandwidth of about 50MB or so just on this single file.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try connecting your computer directly to your cable or DSL modem.

Try changing your router settings (open port 29000), or your security/antivirus/firewall settings to allow for the IP addresses for the game and patch servers:

www.perfectworld.com
    a. 64.74.129.32
    b. 64.74.129.33

Heaven's Tear (PVE) pwigc4.perfectworld.com

a. 29000:64.74.134.61
    b. 29000:64.74.134.62
    c. 29000:64.74.134.63
    d. 29000:64.74.134.64
    e. 29000:64.74.134.38
    f. 29000:64.74.134.39
    g. 29000:64.74.134.59
    h. 29000:64.74.134.60

Lost City (PvP) pwigc3.perfectworld.com

a. 29000:64.74.134.57
    b. 29000:64.74.134.58
    c. 29000:64.74.134.31
    d. 29000:64.74.134.32
    e. 29000:64.74.134.53
    f. 29000:64.74.134.54
    g. 29000:64.74.134.55
    h. 29000:64.74.134.56

Patch server http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/

a. 64.74.217.11
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xyel
    xyel Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    when can we expect a manual patch.

A lot of us have not been able to patch period.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keep trying the in-game patcher, as per the instructions given.

I can't give you an ETA on a manual patch at this time.
  • xyel
    edited September 2008
    Options
    not for me >x(
    been at this for some time now

going on 6 hours

Added PW in my firewall excetions tab and added program pw. seems to be moving now will post if it works
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Exit the game, and resume the patching process. Repeat until it gets all of it.

Add the IP addresses I listed for priority traffic to your router and/or firewall/security/antivirus settings and see if that helps.
  • xyel
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well, it updated a little more now seems stuck again
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hello ; patch compilation fails on asian-named files.
    I do have asian languages installed on XP so that's not the issue.

XP sp2, 2 Go ram, 50+ Go free HDD, asian languages installed.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If the patch keeps hanging (give each try 10-15 minutes), Exit the game completely.

Restart the game and select Continue/resume download, not restart download.

It may take multiple times before it completes.
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    will try that, and tell what happened

[ update ]

It worked.

May I sugest you double the TTL ( Time To Live ) of your patch server ? Resolution of asian-characters name seems to take more time than it allows.
  • tankz
    tankz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    mine seems to be updating now, mightve just been latency + server load :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks for understanding. Glad you got it to work!

Server load could be one issue, but the patching does seem to be having hang up issues, which is why we have been trying to help people be telling them to Exit the game, and resume the patch multiple times until it completes.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Different files hang different times, even on the same PC, or not. Reason is unknown to us Mods and Admins at this time. Glad you got it to work!
  • neraka
    neraka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I haven't updated it yet, I worked on it a bit but it was slow so I quit it and went on doing what I had to do today ^^ so I am now updating, hoping the game will work now without freezing my laptop like it did before after playing 10-15 minutes, got 3 free restarts ^^ lol anyways I'll see how it goes, if I get problems and I haven't tried the waiting and retrying method I'll post here :)
  • aliprop
    aliprop Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Patching stops at "elements.data" but it doesn't hang.the progress bar slowly fills untill the end, but in the end says "connection failed try again".
  • starwalker
    starwalker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I was having trouble patching too (failed like 4 times). So, I found the first post in this thread and gave the workaround a try.... and now my game update is complete!

Try This Workaround:

To download patch without problem do THIS:
    enter ur game folder etc.
    C:\pwi\Perfect World International\element\data

DELETE element.data or tasks.data (basicaly u need to delete file that is blocking the download)

start the patcher and chose restart download

TC and Good Luck! ;)
  • gigavex
    gigavex Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Stuck at iconlist_guild.dds for 1.5 hours now. Suggestions? I think the only reason I got past ele. and task were do to files provided by those who had succesfully updated alread, basicly player generated manual patching :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If the patch hangs for more then 10-15 minutes, Exit the game. Restart it, and Resume/Conitnue the patch. You may have to do the same process multiple times.
  • gigavex
    edited September 2008
    Options
    will keep trying....just seeing if there was a different fix. Thanx for all your help and attention today...I think I would be pulling my hair out right about now.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    you have no clue... ;)
  • chaossoul
    chaossoul Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi Darth, I'm just wondering if all this is applying to a problem I'm currently having. When I first installed the game it was still ver 1 and I couldn't update to the latest version. It kept getting stuck at "item_ext_desc.txt." then I downloaded the manual patches from this website (patches 1-5, 5-7, 7-8) then it worked! And everything was fine. So the my game version is now 9. I played for the whole day and everything was fine. But after yesterday night's maintanence, I try to update and the same problem occurs again. It gets stuck at "item_ext_desc.txt." My friend told me it's version 13 now? So I just have to wait for the latest manual patch to come out? Just wanted to make sure. Also, these patches are different from the Malaysian "perfectworld.com.my" patches right? Again just want to clear up some confusion I am currently having. It would be nice if patching always went smoothly, but I understand there are complications. It could also be the latency and server down time. So I guess I'll just keep retrying the update.

Thanks!!
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ya im having trouble with the updates so i manually download the patches but the newone isnt availuable yet.....can someone in the america part of the world help me get this patch....
  • gigavex
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yarg almost 6 hours since starting to get this thang to load. It's now stuck on a (insert eastern asian lang here).dds

Good news is my keyboard is now lvl 15 after all this work :):p
  • thirst
    thirst Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    did you try gettin the traditional chinese language pack AND the simplified chinese language pack from microsoft? i did that and my 5 hours of not gettin anywhere got fixed. it still hangs up on some files, but the exit and restart worked with those.
  • Xdaisuke - Heavens Tear
    Xdaisuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I dont get it.
    i went to the downloads sextion but there are 4 links....o___O
    i tried patch 1-5 but it wont work, it says file corrupted. so i tried WInrar but Winrar cant open it!!!
    PLEASE HELP!
  • gharatja
    gharatja Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm close to the hair yanking stage. Up until now, I'd been running ver9 of the client. So no older patches apply to this installation.

I've been retrying to continue the latest patch process several hours so far. In a system where there's no other bandwidth utilization, progress begins and then slows to a trickle and a stop within a few seconds. It is forever stuck in an early part of file "elements.data". Reboots don't help.

Earlier in the day it got a little stuck on other files, but I think those halting downloads all completed now. Whether I hit Continue or Restart doesn't matter now, it just gets stuck right away on that one file.

So you know, part of my symptom complex may be explained by a certain low rate of packet loss. That explanation by itself is inadequate for the persistence of the trouble now.

I can find no manual patch files for this at the client download area, only older patches.

Is it possible that a firewall-router blocking traffic on a certain port, which allowed earlier patches to complete, now kacks on just this phase in the latest patch? Far fetched hypothesis, I suppose. Afaik, no router reconfig has taken place between then and now.

Should I be deleting some suspect / potentially corrupted files to rescue the situation?

Please help soonest!

best,
    g
  • Xdaisuke - Heavens Tear
    Xdaisuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK! mine is done! Hopefully it doesnt disconnect me or something......
    :D
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For those of you who can't patch no matter how many times you try and are Windows XP users, and are perhaps anxiously awaiting a manual patch (they're working on it), you can help us with the patch server issues by doing the following:

1) In XP, click on Start > click on Run > type in "cmd"
    2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert 64.74.217.11
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "64.74.217.11"
    3) Wait until it bring a message back and a full log. Maximize (enlarge) the window as large as it will go and hopefully all of the text will be able to fit into the screen.
    4) Press Prnt Scrn (print screen) on your keyboard. Open mspaint.exe (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint)
    5) Click on the dotted line box at the top of the left menu to select a section > Click on the white space and press Ctrl+P to paste the image you grabbed with Prtn Scrn
    6) Save it where you can find it, as a .JPG image. Take that image and send it to our ticketing system (http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing)and let us know it is a "trace route log"
    7) We take the logs and crunch the info through the engineers and get them crackin on the patch issues! :)
  • gigavex
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well stuck on 104.dds for like 45 mins. Very frustrating as the blue bar is very close to the end!!!!
    I sent a log as I have xp sp1. This has a been a long day...thanx again for all your work I'm sure it's been harder on tech support than any of us gamers in the end :confused:
This discussion has been closed.