so whats this age old BS about baning WF's for fb29/gouf?

lipe124
lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
Just today I got the gouf quest and as always there is no one in a million miles willing/able to help me so I figure I might as well go use my air pet and waste 15min standing there to kill it (for the measly 300odd exp and 50 coins) than wait a couple of days.

So along comes some players and start to warn me with very jealous sounding undertones that my account will be banned for doing that, and that venos are also getting banned for luring the fb29 boss thru the door.. very intresting.

Look I've said this a gazillion times, I'd completely agree 110% with you that its wrong if gouf gave me like 5k or even 1k exp and a couple 100 gold coins. But as it stands I can easily earn 10-15k exp and about the same amount of gold by killing regular mobs in 15mins. So WHAT THE F is the damn big deal? Is it all just thougtless jealousy or ppl thats uniformed and think a veno would stand to gain lots of exp/money?

What about venos using air pets to do water mosnter quests huh, are they getting banned also? Jeez really get a clue ppl and realise that for something to be *wrong* there needs to be some kinda ill gained advanatage or somone else needs to be negatively affected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
Post edited by lipe124 on

Comments

• ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've never seen anyone kill Gouf the normal way, never. xD
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bael
    bael Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    We could do with a few Venos getting banned in my opinion too many here and too OP
    Crown the Wise, Harness the Talented, and Cherish the Lucky......
    The Dragon Lofwyr.
  • fayted
    fayted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Aren't Venos known for their luring ability? Banning them seems outright idiotic.
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Join a guild and get them to help you?

RQ did gouf and chewy both twice today in no time. Seriously if i catch anyone bugging him im reporting you due to the fact that i hate werefox's because everything is so easy for them.Deal with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I cant understand why they would ban anyone for a fighting style tactic, if they didnt like that fighting style tactic don't ban the person for doing it, change how it is to be done.

btw <3 Venomancer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    Yeah I cant understand why they would ban anyone for a fighting style tactic, if they didnt like that fighting style tactic don't ban the person for doing it, change how it is to be done.

btw <3 Venomancer

Because it's a very well known bug. That would require a lot of time to fix and people are knowingly exploiting this bug. Bug Exploitation=bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ina1166 wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone kill Gouf the normal way, never. xD

I don't personally have a problem with it but....I just HAD to post in response :P I hope ina sees this xD

My old guild on PW MY :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uy8fxqmRo
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So its pretty clear from the responses that the ppl against this is just plain uninformed, claming things like veno's have it easy bla bla bla. Sure its easier to lvl60 but then when all the other clases have fun zhen parties and gain 4 lvls a day no one thinks about the veno's that get shunned from those parties and need to solo mobs one by one.

Anyways I'd like to get some GM reponse saying that venos will be banned for this, cause I've never heard of anyone getting banned on my-en for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    So its pretty clear from the responses that the ppl against this is just plain uninformed, claming things like veno's have it easy bla bla bla. Sure its easier to lvl60 but then when all the other clases have fun zhen parties and gain 4 lvls a day no one thinks about the veno's that get shunned from those parties and need to solo mobs one by one.

Anyways I'd like to get some GM reponse saying that venos will be banned for this, cause I've never heard of anyone getting banned on my-en for this.

Well its two different companies and cubinet didnt care about any rules at all.

Here the admins have made it quite clear that they will take actions against all the bug exploitings possible in game, starting from even such a small and mostly harmless thing as ini-editing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • witcher
    witcher Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xkwisite wrote: »
    Join a guild and get them to help you?

RQ did gouf and chewy both twice today in no time. Seriously if i catch anyone bugging him im reporting you due to the fact that i hate werefox's because everything is so easy for them.Deal with it.

Another RQ player cryin again? Sorry your mage was too squishy to do this solo when you were his level. Deal with it mmk?
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find that myself
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how about not trying to flame others because they are not bugabusing witcher?

I am a Veno in RQ and could have bugged Gouf ANYTIME, but refused to do it and still do, because it is a damn hard bugabuse.

Go get your act straight, you're on the wrong end if you think bugging a boss you could never solo otherwise would be the right thing to do.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's not a "fighting style," it's a glitch, plain and simple. Just because the admins are lazy doesn't mean it's OK to do. Have fun bug abusing, just quit trying to justify it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • witcher
    edited September 2008
    ara wrote: »
    how about not trying to flame others because they are not bugabusing witcher?

I am a Veno in RQ and could have bugged Gouf ANYTIME, but refused to do it and still do, because it is a damn hard bugabuse.

Go get your act straight, you're on the wrong end if you think bugging a boss you could never solo otherwise would be the right thing to do.

Ok, Ok, my bad - I'm just sick of people complaining about this. But should we then report people who use LoS errors and Pathing Errors (such as rocks) to kite mobs around?
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited September 2008
    Pulling the boss through the wall is a glitch, plain and simple. You abuse a glitch you deserve to get banned.

For those of you that refuse to use it, I thank you for playing the game as it was intended.
  • witcher
    edited September 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    Pulling the boss through the wall is a glitch, plain and simple. You abuse a glitch you deserve to get banned.

I agree, it definitely is a glitch, however it has been known for a long time now and still no fix? Should we really be at fault for something that is known, and nothing is done about it?:confused:
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    zoefox wrote: »

then I suggest they ban all those mobs that are able to attack us through doors and walls...

If the devs are too lazy to fix their game, it's not our fault...

So as long as mobs can attack us through walls, I see it only fair we are allowed the same.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    1. Who cares its a 49 cultivation boss totally doesnt matter. 2. Who cares we are here to play a game and its not hurting anyone. 3. Who cares? 4. Who Cares? 5. WHO CARES?

God damn Veno's already have so little going for them to help others out. Luring (which btw is also a glitch just so you know you guys wanna be Hypocrits and use it to lure pets around a boss or in HH) and the Very few buggable bosses that are there are shining points for Veno's to help others.
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've yet to do a 29fb where a werefox DOESN'T lure the FB29 Boss.

It's part of the game. And it should stay that way. Punishing people for something that's become "normal" is stupid.
  • xkuramax
    xkuramax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    uhm for those idiots that think Venos are OP. Yes at low lvls they are OP but after 60 they start to become neglected and by 89 they are completley useless.
  • witcher
    edited September 2008
    xkuramax wrote: »
    uhm for those idiots that think Venos are OP. Yes at low lvls they are OP but after 60 they start to become neglected and by 89 they are completley useless.

Quoted for truth
  • skar
    skar Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Neglected at 60? At 60 they are the only class that can solo the HH. That makes them the biggest money makers in the game at 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ossify
    ossify Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how is this considered exploiting? weird... if they can't fix the 'bug', they shouldn't ban people for playing this way.
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When EverQuest introduced mounts, people figured out they could just use them to sit on and meditate for higher mana regen while fighting monsters. That wasn't intended, but this exploit became so widespread that the devs accepted it as part of the game.

In PW, werefox/venomancer luring appears to have achieved the same status. You have people advertising in global chat that they need a "lurer" for their party, and no one thinks twice about it.

The question is, how is the player supposed to know which exploits are okay and which are bannable offenses? Where exactly is the line drawn between creative strategy and exploit? Even if the devs tell us on these forums, there are many players who prefer to actually play the game rather than hang out here reading trolls and flames.

The best solution is NEVER to ban players for capitalizing on the developers' blunders. If players find an exploit, either fix it or allow it. Don't punish your customers just because they're smarter than you are.
  • kick123
    kick123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xkuramax wrote: »

They totally own at lvl 89. Hell wfs are the best zhen lurer in zhen parties in heave/hell(if you have been there) because i run faster than a mount and i'm able to aoe the mobs in zhen anytime i want to add additional damage, something other classes that's stuck on a mount cannot do.

Any monster that's pure melee physical can be bugged by flying above them and sending your pet, it's a mistake the developers made and it will stay in every version even in PW-CN, the first and oldest version. It would be idiotic to ban someone for exploiting a mistake that you acknowledge but refuse to fix.

Whoever is crying bla bla bla, if you care for gameplay so much, then i suggest you go find a tank that's willing to waste hieros for you to tank the boss, or you cana pay the tank for his hieros. So what do you really want? an easy boss or another way to burn your money?
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I tanked the FB29 boss on my Barbarian in the closed beta for three different people. We did it the legit way even though there were two Venomancers in the party.

So if you can't tank it or do things the right way, gain more levels til you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so is any GM answer us on this? i mean this concerns all venomancers no?
  • Dulcely - Heavens Tear
    Dulcely - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No one to help that usual around. And yes people get mad because they can't do what certain race can do. I bet if you would had said i help you kill it he would had said nothing XD.

This is fun there tons of bugs for bosses( NOT ONLY VENOMANCER CAN STUCK OR BUG A BOSS) those experience players know what I talking about. ;)

Veno is a must class in any dungeon even in HH (if sucky gear and no veno to lure out concider all party dead :cool:). I sure soon or later who ever complain would be scream around the world for a Veno to bug a boss he/she needs.

Dawn i wrote to much is simple solution but same time complicated ( Programmer fix the bugs and all complains will end)
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Deliberate exploitation of a bug is wrong, nobody really disputes this statement. The dispute is over something more basic; is it a bug that needs to be fixed or an intended gameplay tactic?

If an Admin or GM has come out and said that the tactic is 'strongly discouraged' and users of it will face warnings or possible banning, then that is the situation. If they have not *shrugs*.

the whole point behind 'pet' classes and that is what venomancers/werefoxes are is that your main weapon is your pet isn't it?

Players can submit a ticket about another player engaging in an activity that is in 'their opinion' abusive, thankfully in most cases the GM's after investigation of the claim are the ones who make the final decision.

(please note that nothing said above is or should be taken as anything other than my opinion that the definition of exploitation is explicitly reserved by the game operators for themselves and that the punishment for same is equally reserved)
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Elis - Lost City
    Elis - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I guess I could understand for banning a VM for bugging a boss outside of fb29. But inside fb, Ive died so many times from mobs being able to hit me from the other side of the wall even before the pt has took agro. D; door luring should be allowed.

*licks a wall* mmm slime*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ambie is back baby!
    Faction UnLimited (Faction sounds..Kinda pervy ;D)
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When a mob can attack you through a wall (think of the secret passage), then why shouldnt we be allowed to do it?

I think of it as an feature, use it or not is ur own decission...

But wheres the GM been for an official answer?
This discussion has been closed.