OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You aren't complaining, no worries.

We're here to try and help all of you the best we can, and the great community we have tries to help others too.

The goal is to get everyone playing the game and having fun.
    :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • killu
    killu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I seem to lag randomly outside of archosaur or w/e.
    Lost City -
    Class: Barbarian
    Level: 1x
  • vortexgw1
    vortexgw1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1. When you fight with a mob or whatever, you inflict the dmg ( it says 200dmg or something) but the actual dmg is done 1.5 later. Which is a little annoying because you make the final blow and you think yeah I killed it but no the mob hits you one more time.

2. Well I don't hav ea problem because I have high-end PC but the game specs are wrong. My brother has all recommended specs even above ( dual core 2.1GHz each, 256Mb GPU Nvidia 8500GT, 2 GB RAM) but if he max out the setting of the game he can't play it more than 30FPS (in towns 15 FPS).

My PC runs 5times heavier game and can run them with 150+ FPS but PWI I always have 40+FPS in towns and in other areas 60+FPS.

So what's the problem? It's a beta test? We are from Europe? Help my brother please.
  • occam
    occam Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    hey there, folks.

if you've encountered any bug with the forums or registration, please report them here until we get our ticketing system live.

thanks a bunch!

- orinj

p.s. don't post any personal data.
    I was trying to do a level 20 dragon quest but I kept getting requests to provide level 31 dragon quest items.
  • deidei
    deidei Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    This company (PWE) has nothing to do with Cubinet, the company hosting the malaysian versions.

You can expect much more integrity from the staff of PWE than Cubinet's

Staff members have guidelines they must follow. If they break it, they will be fired.

Asian countries already having their own version of the game have their IP banned from the servers here.

Thanks for your anwser, i really appreciate it ^ ^

Heres a general bug:

the Warrior's ( or Blademaster's) skill the Stream Strike's description says this: "Increases your threat level." At the MY version it doesn't worked the mob not minden how many times i hit it with that skill i couldn't pull it off from an another player.
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    NPC/Quest disappears from "find quest".

Mo the recluse disappears from "find quest" after you have went to every NPC in find quest and leave "mo the recluse" as a last quest to get. It's either level 30-31 quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipsy
    lipsy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    how do i get into the game! just says incorrect username and/or password!! and they are 100% correct!
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This is the first time i've seen this:

I had placed a bid in Auction House, someone outbid me shortly after. AH then sent me 2 mails for the same auction saying it failed and returned to me double the amount it should have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Was playing and went to teleport to a town and the game just shut down no warning or even a message that u have been diconnected from server
  • deidei
    edited September 2008
    In the EN-MY version there was a rancor in the village of the lost.
    I have teleported to there from swamp of wraith. And when i saw my chara again it had 200 HP left and a rancor mob killed it 2 seconds after in town.

Also:
    I have downloaded the client and the data4.pck file is corrupted at me :confused:
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    a shield option after you hit lvl 30+ in PvP server, cuz people are gonna be harrassed and people are gonna post it. Just so ya know.
  • bargeral
    bargeral Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I clicked the page GM button and the text field said something about reporting a bot. I tired to click in the field to change the text (I was stuck in the geometry) but could not change the text.
  • deidei
    edited September 2008
    bargeral
    I clicked the page GM button and the text field said something about reporting a bot. I tired to click in the field to change the text (I was stuck in the geometry) but could not change the text.

By default you cant change that, but thats good to warn the Gm if you dont know his name.
    Theres 3 way to contact with the Gm:
    1, Pm him
    2, write this into the normal chat: /GM or theres a manu at the right side of the screen where you can do the same.
    3, Use report bot on a player by clicking on his/her portrait and click on report bot.
    you cant change those fields.

Players!
    If you see an asian player, please be sure to make him get banned!
  • blitzz
    blitzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    hi gang,

would you mind lending us a hand?

for those of ya'll that played PW in different territories -
    we'd like to know what type of in-game problems you've encountered while playing the game. again, it doesn't matter what version of PW you found 'em on as the internal game mechanics are largely the same. so if you've encountered a problem, we'd like to know.

in-game problems do not include broken english or rude customer-service staff and whatnot.

what this info will be used for -
    this information is going to help our customer-service DB as well as give us fuel to address existing issues when talking to the corporate office.

we just wanna make sure that you guys are receiving the highest level of customer service.

much thanks in advance.

- orinj

im hvaing trouble getting on the game i have downloaded the client updated it and i have verified my account but when i try to logg in it says unable to connect to server but there are only two servers ther a (pvp) and (pve) help please!!?
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    [wrong topic - removed]
  • deidei
    edited September 2008
    blitzz wrote: »
    im hvaing trouble getting on the game i have downloaded the client updated it and i have verified my account but when i try to logg in it says unable to connect to server but there are only two servers ther a (pvp) and (pve) help please!!?

Dude...
    the Open Beta is not yet started. For Closed Beta (wich stops in a few minutes)
    you need a key what you can get in some sites. For OB you wont need that.
    I advise taht to stay still 3 hours more to get into the game :)
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Open Beta Bugs:

- Hair isn't what it depicts in the Character create menu (Still)
    - Smilies are totally screwed up (Emoticons) in the game - misplaced and fastened up
    - Tracking quest button doesn't display a few quests... at all
    - You should really run over the "Dragon Herald" NPC's quest, he's offering "molds" in 2 same quests, both titled "Molds". When you hit level 20, he offers "molds" in 4 same quests.
    - Path of the Apothecary, Blacksmith... etc. The quest text is a bit screwed up.
    - Why is "Pet Manager" in Plume City offering an winged elf a quest to increase the "Cage space"? It makes no sense to me...
    - When used, "Lucky card" sometimes takes up to 30 minutes to give you items... I don't know if this is a bug or not, but...
    - I'm playing a cleric. Trying to heal someone; I heal myself most of the time - even though I have clicked on them beforehand. I have to struggle to actually heal them before I heal myself a dozen times. Until that time, they're dead.

Those are all the bugs I could think of.
  • danail
    danail Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    BOth mine and my brothers games froze at the same time (we are better testers, same internet connection through a router and 2 different pcs) at about 11:15 and the game would not close so we had to "Force" close it but when we tried to go back in the game it says we are already logged in (we tried and we tried) :( pls tell me how to fix it because i never encountered this problem before also i am thinking of restarting the router but i do not think that is causing it i think it is from the server so if you can please log me out of the server so i can log back in PLS

account: danailed character: DANAiL
    bro's account: voin20 characters: Megan + Dilyan
    :confused: :eek: :(
  • danail
    danail Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i restarted the router and it worked but we lost loads of things
  • cheechee
    cheechee Posts: 14
    edited September 2008
    not sure if its just me seeing this (mail has been sent to customer service), but when you try to dig a chest ( such as the timed quest in Lost City) your character digs the chest once, gets the quest item, and then attempts to dig it a second time.

Also, dialog boxes that appear as pop ups in game (like at level 5 etc) to tell you something or someone you should go see, after pressing "confirm" the box disappears, and then re-appears a 2nd time

Chee
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    - Why is "Pet Manager" in Plume City offering an winged elf a quest to increase the "Cage space"? It makes no sense to me...

Riding pets need space, as well as all-class showoff pets. Even some elves might want to have space for additional pets.
  • evilash
    evilash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i just ran into a big problem and not shure where to report it to so im posting it here

im a venomancer and i just did the second cultivation quest where you got to retrive a celestial sprite, i got the sprite but it wont regester in my quest log

2008-09-0403-19-24.jpg

now i cant complete the quest and get my next cultivation level and get new skills

it wont even give me the option to trash the quest and do it over

2008-09-0404-00-43.jpg

please i hope somone can help me with this
  • evilash
    evilash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nvm i figured it out
  • gallie
    gallie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Nevermind, found the problem. Right mob, wrong location.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Some things can be found with persistence.

There are some bugs here and there, please keep reporting them! :D

That's why we have all of you playing Open Beta! You all are GREAT!!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • tolkan
    tolkan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Edit : i fixed it, thx.
  • coldash
    coldash Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    funniest bug I ever encountered was on Swordsman-Pw I teleported to walled fortress and it glitched me onto the outside of the netherbeast city instance and I walkedaround to a spot that had every single npc in the game. I thought it was the funniest thing ever I'll edit in my screenies.
    IGN: Drizztina
    Main Class : Venomancer
    Faction: RageQuit
  • clerica
    clerica Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    OK. I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there are 42 pages of bugs to read, and I'm too impatient...

I play on Lost City server, and while looking for the logs for the tailor quest, I got side tracked(as I often do) and went east out of Etherblade... I saw, down in a small valley, lined by water on the bottom, a cup-like obstacle, and thought: "I wonder if I can land in that." As it turned out, I couldn't. Now hang on, that's not it. As I fell through said obstacle and into the ravine below, I somehow glitched into a "Ghost-world"... As in, noone was around, no npc's, no players, no enemies... That's not all. I went back to Etherblade, and Lo and behold, everyone was gone. No chat. No duels. No trade. No quests, no chests, nothing. After several failed attempts at logging out, I dropped the screen and did a CTRL ALT DEL and closed the program. Upon login, I dropped out of the sky, at what I would guess was a height of about 150 ft. And oh yeah... The GM tickets still aren't working. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Weird bug, try to give us more detailed information and screenshots if you got 'em. :D
  • selari
    selari Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    on my game things appear to be moving very fast and a lot of rubber banding... I think it might be a data error in my game but I'm not sure... I've fiddled with the graphics settings and that didnt help... any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.