OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    OMG this topic 30 pages already :eek::eek:
    If an outsider was reading this he would think PW is the worst mmorpg ever created :eek::eek:
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    khaai wrote: »
    OMG this topic 30 pages already :eek::eek:
    If an outsider was reading this he would think PW is the worst mmorpg ever created :eek::eek:
    LOL. This thread started before CB. Plus, a lot of it is repeat stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bug with Archosaur city on the western exit ramp the pets get stuck on the ramp when leaving the town. but when entering the town it doesnt happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cuffmup
    cuffmup Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The game won't close. I end up having to exit the program via Windows Task Manager because the game refuses to close, and even continues working after my many failed attempts.

And im not sure if this is a bug or just me being stupid, but there is no option displayed that allows me to exit the game and modify my character? I have to exit the entire game and start it up again, select her and the modify (or sometimes it just erases her all together because i couldnt exit properly, see above) in order to change her appearence if i dont like how it looks once i created her.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    In game, if you click on the "system" button (a "X" at bottom right of the screen) it will open a small window. Click on the barred "O" to you exit the game. (the rightmost button)

thebutton beside it : "<<" will bring you back to the character selection screen.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • bullfrog
    bullfrog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    BUGS in PW MY-EN

-Venomancer Pet bugs like Bleeding affect 1k damage every 3 seconds (no damage penalty against humans) Also in Holy HALL of Dusk the PET doing more damage for lvl[?] bosses than Venomancer or Archer
    (my lvl74 WereFox doing 800 damage agains HH2-2 bosses, and the Golem hit 1500~2000)
    -Graphic bug with WF, if you wants to use big tail and fox ears and you want dark body color, only the face get color but body not (you have dark color face, and very light color body) You have the same color-bug with DEVIL EARS Venomancer, from a distance your body change to light color...even if you had black body color.
    -WF can send OUT the pet from SafeZone and the PET can kill the low lvls and mobs :D (its like what USA guild did at orcis sereny valley PK lvl30+ players from safezone, and you couldnt kill them)

-Cleric AOE Magical Defense Buff last for only 30 mins(should be 1 hour), and cant overwrite it with rebuffing
    -for Clerics the Plume Barrier skill says '80% of the damage' (but only works against Physical attack )

-Character window is useless because sometimes you cant see your culti rank, sometimes the stats, sometimes the resistance.

-for Elf Archers the Deity Hawk (lvl59 Skill) says 15 mins (its only affect for 15 seconds)

-at lvl85~ SEARCH MISSION in quest window want you to speak with Fire Bathing Village Chief(133,756) but no more quest from him :S and the same bug with Jevonte(153 962) at lvl90!

-in the Auction Hall the space between the lines too big, and annoying to scroll down. Search button in AH doesnt work if you want to search for an item. The Fashion names different in AH.

-In City of Feather i stucked so many times in the pool, right under the NPCs in the water. And only the Town portal helped me out (no GMs online) so i had to wait 1 hour everytime ^^

SUGGESTIONS
    -its not too hard to make unique Armor HH sets for HOLY and EVIL @lvl90 its like 30 mins to make 2 different texture with light and dark colors in PhotoShop.
    -show the HP % of the monsters/bosses it should be very useful, its like 5 mins again and VERY VERY usefull...i made this modded bar in MY-EN for Holy Hall:
    12.5% - 25% - 37.5% - 50% - 62.5% - 75% - 87.5% - 100% :)

I have some other bugs/suggestions so later i will write again ^^
  • bullfrog
    edited August 2008
    I know you cant do anything but realy annoying that....I have a QuadCore PC@3200mhz with 2gb Ram, and HD4850 VGA and the game in full graphic reach only 14-18 FPS in ADC WEST ><

(Crysis @ ultra high graphic : the minimum was 20 FPS and the avarage around 30 FPS so its funny :D)
  • aj101
    aj101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Dont know if anyone put this but for ranged classes(archer at least) the life deduction from the mob is delayed drastically, idk maybe its my net but dont seem to have problems with the melle part of it all anyone else get this problem? :confused:
  • oblivion7
    oblivion7 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Does PW work on Windows Vista??
  • furies
    furies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    I've got a bug for you that has always bothered me. I just didn't think to post it here. I dunno why.

I don't know if the game does this on anyone else's computer, but it does this every single time for me. When the game exits, my video card's brightness settings are left on DirectX mode instead of automatically switching back to desktop mode. This is the only game that does this. My video card is an ATI Radeon x850. It would be nice for this to be fixed as it messes with my settings.

That's not the only game that does this to me. Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy also does this, especially when it crashes.
  • magimoto
    magimoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i skimmed most of the posts and i haven't found it, don't know if it's a real bug, but when you drop sth in the air it stays in the air instead of falling down.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    magimoto wrote: »
    when you drop sth in the air it stays in the air instead of falling down.

It intentionnal. Otherwise, when you would kill monsters in the air, all their drops would fall to the ground. We don't want that to happens, do we?

*kill mob in the air
    *monster loot fall to the ground
    *land to get the drops
    *fly back to the air mobs pack
    *repeat.
    *zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • phantasmagoria
    phantasmagoria Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Whenever you send a person a message like this...

/namehere messagebla

it comes up with an error message saying player has logged out although they haven't and they have recieved your message...
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Whenever you send a person a message like this...

/namehere messagebla

it comes up with an error message saying player has logged out although they haven't and they have recieved your message...
    dc or laged out maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koma
    koma Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Everytime I have tried to + my items using mirage stones, it always failed. I even used the eggs from the shop that greatly increase the refinement rate. Apparently there is something wrong with this. The % of success is SUPER low. It is +0 at the moment..... and always will be I suppose.
  • blueparrot
    blueparrot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    oblivion7 wrote: »
    Does PW work on Windows Vista??

Yes, it works just fine. I think you have to set it to administrator rights though.
  • bullfrog
    edited August 2008
    its a not a BUG, but i think most of ppl or at least the half of the gamers will be from Europe, yesterday i logged in and i see that events starts at 3 pm...it is the forest ruins event...its okay 3 pm...but for europeans 3 pm is +7-8 hours so the 5 hours long event starts at 10-11 PM on SUNDAY so the next day gonna be monday...school/work etc, so if you can (and you can) please make events a bit better for europeans, it can be 10 AM and europeans can play it @ 6-7 PM

lvl80 Event starts @ 20:00 (europe GMT+1 its 5 AM)
    lvl60 Drake Palace the same as above

so only ppls from Asia(most of them ip-banned) or America can participate those events...and thats a bit bad, at least on PW MY-EN these events were @ 8 AM or 3PM for europeans...

and a bug, on the grounds the items with 1-2-3 STAR its a big square :D

The Venomancer (WF) bugs in closed beta with pictures:

WF with Big Fox Tail if you change the body color (skin color)
    http://tinyurl.com/pwbug1

WF with Devil Ears and tail CLOSE
    http://tinyurl.com/pwbug2
    WF with Devil Ears FAR, yep, body become DEFAULT color, and only the face stay colorful :(
    http://tinyurl.com/pwbug3
    WF with Devil Ears FAR (F9 Zoom)
    http://tinyurl.com/pwbug4

Bug/annoying thing while playing, if you right click on a name in Squad and you are the leader.....Boot=Kick? why it cant be simple Kick...?

When you press ALT+TAB (for quests on the net or database) and ALT+TAB back the music/effects get loud even if i muted sounds at all...

the NPCs is it normal that international/usa server NPCs names are these: Tailor Yi - Apothecary Tu - Craftsman Yi - Merchant Li Er - BlackSmith Yu - Material Dealer- Tu , or they gona change on Open beta status? :S for like Tailor Jane, Apothecary Karen, Craftsman John, Merchant Shawn, BlackSmith Joe? :) please ^^ and the banker...Banker Chang Pai? C'mon...its international....make it Banker Matthew or any american/european names
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    When reporting bugs, please follow the directions of the Sticky/main post, so we can pass them on to the appropriate people quicker pretty, pretty please? :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for posting the issues you all find, we appreciate it! :D

As for issues with the website, make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed.

You may have to manually download and install it outside of your browser.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Make sure you have your internet browsers shut down when you are installing Flash.

IE and Firefox are the two main browsers we support. Others work, but you have to make sure you have Flash plugged into your browser right, and that that browser handles the pluggin correctly.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • dagz123
    dagz123 Posts: 10
    edited August 2008
    hmmmm when i log in im always disconnected

when i finally got in, when i move my char it returns to its place when i jump same
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    the lvl37 quest i think, where you have to find some item called "Trumpet Shell", tells you to kill "Bedrowned Undines" lvl36, but the questitem actually drops from "Undine Supremes"lvl37 instead
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Have confidence that it's already been posted, but with the "Gather Materials" quest the element dust needed, there are aparently two items both named element dust. Was annoying thinking I had the right one and the quest tracking was just not tracking it to find it wasn't the right one. Only found out when the right one actually dropped out of pure coincidence and saw it changed the quest log.

From what I was remembering it's translation on a non-english version wasn't one of them actually translated as "elemental essence" and the quest one as "elemental dust"? Makes me wonder what other items got translated as the same meaning, seeing the post prior to mine I see it looks like names were they could translate the same was noticed for a few but wasn't kept in-line between quest log and mobs.
  • dagz123
    edited August 2008
    when i lower my settings my char became crazy like when i move it returns to its place same if i move again

when i make my settings high the craziness is gone but its so slow
  • dagz123
    edited August 2008
    when i lower my settings my char became crazy like when i move it returns to its place same if i move again

when i make my settings high the craziness is gone but its so slow

even i make it in medium

whats this all about
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Try changing the individual settings, not the main one at the top that changes multiple settings.

Water, textures, and V-Sync seem to be the ones people will turn on or off the most to improve some things.

Make sure you have the latest version of your graphic card drivers, Direct X, etc.

Does your PC meet the system requirements?

http://perfectworld.com/download Scroll down to the bottom for links.

Hope that helps some! :D
  • trinara
    trinara Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    User interface lag on the login, character selection, creation, etc screens. This lag does not occur in game. It also does not occur with the malaysian version.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Try updating to the latest version or best version of your graphic drivers, direct x.

Where in the world are you located? Lag can mess with things in different parts of the game.

:D
  • trinara
    edited August 2008
    I'm located in the midwest, michigan more specifically.

I ran the game in windowed mode and it fixed the problem. Could it have something to do with my screen resolution? I"m on a widescreen (1280 x 800)
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Oh yeah, full screen mode is evil, IMHO on most games. I like to be able to go between my programs easily, and ALT+Tab can break things. :D
  • trinara
    edited August 2008
    :P I just get distracted having stuff on the sides, but since I can at least make my characters then exit game and play full screen =) so I'll stop complaining now! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.