OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• selkie
    selkie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I just encountered this problem today on the Lost City server.. it probably does it gamewide but on the elves when you are flying straight up the character disapears and all you see are the sparklies and the moving environment so just thought I would let you know..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you love something enough, you won't give up.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    selkie wrote: »
    I just encountered this problem today on the Lost City server.. it probably does it gamewide but on the elves when you are flying straight up the character disapears and all you see are the sparklies and the moving environment so just thought I would let you know..
    Can you be more specific? When the camera is below a character, they are supposed to disappear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usagichan
    usagichan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    starelf wrote: »
    if you are talking about the default chat window then pressing enter will set the cursor to ready in whichever tab you currently have active. However if you mean the individual chat windows, those must be clicked into to begin typing as far as I know, tho there could be a shortcut key for them which I am presently unaware. If you mean something else entirely then my apologies for the confusion =)

Thanks, that was about enter :)
  • scipher_1342819937
    scipher_1342819937 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i cannnot even login to the game with my account and password. help please
    Superman aint saving sh**[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    scipher wrote: »
    i cannnot even login to the game with my account and password. help please
    Did you get a closed beta key? Right now people are playing closed beta. Open beta starts on September 2. You can play then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cellie
    cellie Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Some equipment models have quite a glitch in them, when you crouch to say, pick up herbs or open boxes, the characters butt comes through the equipment model and well, it looks kinda dirty.
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If you go to perfectworld.com (instead of www.perfectworld.com) it displays a page that just says "It works!" I urge you to fix perfectworld.com so it redirects to www.perfectworld.com the way everyone else's web sites do. When I first came here I thought the site had been ****. :)

Edit: Coming back a couple of hours later, I see this has been fixed already. Thanks!!!
  • flashbash2
    flashbash2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i was doing the banker quest where you need to collect different materials. I had 5 elemental dust when the quest said i had none.
  • necromatic
    necromatic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i was playing "Perfect world" and suddenly the floor dissappears and then the floor its only light blue, i cant see it
  • haart
    haart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I find it annoying during PvP how people just Jump around rocks/houses/etc until their heal potions restore their HP. Might be ok for ranged type characters, but not for melee from what I've seen so far.
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    haart wrote: »
    I find it annoying during PvP how people just Jump around rocks/houses/etc until their heal potions restore their HP. Might be ok for ranged type characters, but not for melee from what I've seen so far.
    Tired of chasing jack rabbits? :p I can sympathize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I started playing a veno yesterday i reached lvl 12 and i can't get the skills that allow u to get herbs smithing etc... i don't know why but the book npc doesn't have any quests or ask me if i lost my book unlike if i play a human >.< is it a bug?
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    flashbash2 wrote: »
    i was doing the banker quest where you need to collect different materials. I had 5 elemental dust when the quest said i had none.

There are two items called Elemental Dust. Only the right one will have blue text at the bottom of its description.
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    akassa wrote: »
    I started playing a veno yesterday i reached lvl 12 and i can't get the skills that allow u to get herbs smithing etc... i don't know why but the book npc doesn't have any quests or ask me if i lost my book unlike if i play a human >.< is it a bug?
    I'm not sure what's going wrong, but I can tell you what's supposed to happen in case you are new to PW.

You get a quest from the Elder telling you to visit the different equipment-selling NPCs. They tell you to gather specific production supplies from the countryside. You then must buy a spade from the Merchant (for $2000) and go do the quest. After you return to the NPCs, you get a skill scroll/book from each of them. You then take that to the elder to learn the production skills. Now, you can gather all of the prod materials you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ivalice
    ivalice Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Conspiracy Guild-Recruiting Lvl 15+
    Pm CrownClown
  • galka
    galka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    IT WONT LET ME LOG INTO THE GAME TO PLAY

everytime i put in the correct password an my username it always says i put then in wrong an its isnt
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    galka wrote: »
    IT WONT LET ME LOG INTO THE GAME TO PLAY

everytime i put in the correct password an my username it always says i put then in wrong an its isnt
    How many of these are we going to get? Listen, do you have a closed beta key? If not, then that's why you cannot login. Just come back on Sept. 2 to play in open beta. If you do have a key, then you need to check the stickied thread at the top of this forum for login problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seph2
    seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There are several in game problems in CB.
    Some are problems and some are "un-user friendly" options.

1. Most obvious for Cleric Class. Healing does not apply immediately after you select a person. This meaning = if you are in a party as a cleric, you click on one of your party member and heal him rightaway (done in one motion) you will NOT heal the person. Instead you will heal yourself. Most experienced cleric does healing and buffing in one motion. Therefore you will have to wait for half a second or longer to heal or buff the correct target.

2. Game Lag, it's very very obvious, PVE, if I attack a mob, made a successful hit, mob's life will NOT go down after half or 1 second later. With all due respect, if any host want to host MMOs, this should be the game thing, you want to eliminate. This will be a very serious problem. It is very often that my skills will be "interrupted" because I have already killed a mob and the Mob still look alive for me to use skills.

3. As for ANY BUFF, there are NO descriptions. Ex. Life Increase Buff from Barbarian. How much life increase, what lvl is the buff, I mean how would I know if one person have better buff than the other in a party??? How can a Cleric know when Cleric have a lot of buffs to do? It is kind of anony. This is prolly fall under "un-user friendly"

4. As most Elf noticed since Elf can fly rightaway. If a elf drop down from "flying" from a very high up altitude, you will not land on the ground, instead you will be floating in the mid air. THIS IS A GLITCH FOR ARCHERS, stay in mid air while your attack should have same damage as on the ground while most mobs canNOT attack you.

5. I think, can't remember right. After lv 20 or 15, you will get a notice saying "congrats......you can use world channel..and TRADING CHANNEL" Trade channel is for lv30 and up therefore the notice is wrong. Do quite remember cus I usually just click ok right away LOL.

There are several others but I just can't remember them all.
    I am very sure, GAME LAG and Heal Buff LAG will be a serious problem when this game go in OB or even out alive. I am most anony by them too. Please Fix the Problem~~
  • flashbash2
    flashbash2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thnx for the help
  • deidei
    deidei Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Greetings PW Staff!
    It became really obvious that on MY-EN Pw one of the Staff members is in contact of a player called "NeoNe0".
    Like:
    NeoNe0's friend called "zomo" requied a lvl 5 millitary rank weapon. After a week the dragon city raid event started wich one drops the badges for the 5th millitary rank weapon.
    Right after zomo did get his weapon, the event finished without any annoucment.
    Don't tell me its just a concidence.
    Neo made the Oracle server unplayable, thats why we came here.
    neo has a contact with one or more members of the staff, he get cubigold for free and acting like
    the Gestapo, by terrorizing the whole "perfect world".
    After playing on the MY-EN server, I'm sure that, if this will happen again then everyone will leave this International server because there wont be a point of playing game like this.
    As i hope, (not for racism) the asian IP ban will work and there wont be a way to get through that wall.

Thanks for reading my post and i hope you will anwser me and choose wisely.
  • dogtags
    dogtags Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I dont know if this was intentional or not, but in the guild settings your allowed to put a message for all of your faction members to see but you cant use any symbols such as . , ! @ etc and i think those symbols would be helpful in the faction message.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Please check to see if you meet the system requirements.

Also try turning down all of your graphic settings to the lowest settings in-game. Then slowly try out higher settings/applying them, and see how the game runs each time.

Try turning on V-Sync, or turning it off. Same with the water effects. Turn everything up until you encounter the problem again.

See if that helps :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    deidei wrote: »
    As i hope, (not for racism) the asian IP ban will work and there wont be a way to get through that wall.

This company (PWE) has nothing to do with Cubinet, the company hosting the malaysian versions.

You can expect much more integrity from the staff of PWE than Cubinet's

Staff members have guidelines they must follow. If they break it, they will be fired.

Asian countries already having their own version of the game have their IP banned from the servers here.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Frequently, when I go to the www.perfectworld.com website, elements of it don't load. Most commonly, the top part of the screen (including the navigation bar for "NEWS / GAME INFO / COMMUNITY / DOWNLOAD / FAQ / SUPPORT") doesn't show up and is just a big black area. When this happens, I can still get to these forums by going directly to pwi-forum.perfectworld.com. Is this a problem with my connection/computer/browser, or is it happening to everyone? If the latter, this really needs to be fixed before the game goes live, or it's going to discourage a lot of prospective players. The first impression is the lasting impression!

I'm using IE7 under Windows XP with service pack 2.
  • fayted
    fayted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Don't know if this has been posted yet. But I was level 30. So I levelled to level 31. And when I checked my character page. I had lost a stat point in my magic. I don't care if this build is wrong or whatever, so refrain from commenting on that cause its not the problem.

I don't have a picture from before. But this is after I turned 31, I didn't allocate the points yet. http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5023/incorrectstatsxl8.jpg

Build @ 30

Vit: 12
    Str: 60
    Mag: 80
    Dex: 18

Build @ 31

Mag: 79

Here's some math.

Mag: 79

170 (Points @ 30 Including starting stats (5 in each))
    -12 (Vit)
    ===
    -60 (Str)
    ===
    -79 (Mag)
    ===
    -18 (Dex)
    ===
    1 (Missing point)

So... what happened?
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    I've got a bug for you that has always bothered me. I just didn't think to post it here. I dunno why.

I don't know if the game does this on anyone else's computer, but it does this every single time for me. When the game exits, my video card's brightness settings are left on DirectX mode instead of automatically switching back to desktop mode. This is the only game that does this. My video card is an ATI Radeon x850. It would be nice for this to be fixed as it messes with my settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    I don't know if the game does this on anyone else's computer, but it does this every single time for me. When the game exits, my video card's brightness settings are left on DirectX mode instead of automatically switching back to desktop mode.

For me it reverts back to the desktop brightness when I exit.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    For me it reverts back to the desktop brightness when I exit.
    I don't know what your video card is, but nVidia might be better with this issue. Each company has things they're good at and not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ezmeralda
    ezmeralda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Alright, um. Two things.

I got my beta key, but when I put it in it said I had already put one in, when I hadn't....I'm not all that worried about this, but I figured I should tell you guys. XP

I can get into the game, but after playing for like 5 minutes or something, RWI would close and I'd get some sort of error. How can I fix this?
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    I don't know what your video card is, but nVidia might be better with this issue. Each company has things they're good at and not.

Yes, It's a Nvidia chip based card.

This discussion has been closed.