Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• bartmanman
    bartmanman Posts: 8 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Why can you not just give us what the situation is? What do you suspect is the problem or whats happened?

Instead of keeping the players in the dark like you always do, this seems serious enough for us to be at least told whats happening. If it turns out peoples credit card info, billing addresses etc have been taken, it's best to tell us now instead of later.

Were the ones who keep the game going and keep you getting paid so at least keep us in the know.

This pissed off everyone that plays great work pwi most of us are 9 years vets of the game

and we lnow you people don't care so sad

• yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 81 Arc User
    Same thing here, i can log into my main account but my alt account wont login at all
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    Lets just quit!!!! everyone!!!! sooner or later they will regret what they did. (like the FC era) and look! its back! meanwhile playerbase is not like b4... so yeah its been awhile pwi. this game will be missed! - out!
  • bartmanman
    yugi2390 wrote: »
    Same thing here, i can log into my main account but my alt account wont login at all

I can't log on period kepts saying server is down
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    so how can u start a 2nd client via arc?
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    I don’t know why pwi implements these kind of changes with little to no warning...

I was debating about spending some of my tax return on this game to finish JOSD but I think it’s just a sign that it’s time to move on.

Thanks for the 6 years pwi and I’ve heard WoW is doing pretty good now.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    pwi devs in a nutshell

Wcwa1Lc.png
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • qiekenao#3736
    qiekenao#3736 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi kalystconquerer,

I did not notice that you would conduct an emergent maintainence yesterday. Friday night is the only free time I have every week, so I farmed TT 3-3. After I set my assassin at auto-cultivation on the last BOSS, I went to brush my teeth. When I came back, I found that I was disconnected from the server and there were lots of green mats and one golden mat on the ground. My assassin was just standing by...
    So sad for the time...

• meellissaa
    meellissaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im having problem to change between accounts (1 client) beacuse of this update!
    If this isent fixed soon i am gonna leave this game aswell. The one that thought this restriction would be good for pwi and bring in more money is not a bright one...
  • schnubbelpuh
    schnubbelpuh Posts: 34 Arc User
    Give all Players a weekly free code like Jones for the Commisionshop. 1Clientpolitic wins!
    Ah...and repair the function that when arc closed, all clients close XD
  • r9r9r9
    r9r9r9 Posts: 13 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    I am curious, are you guys intentionally trying to find ways to drive ppl away and in process kill rest of the playerbase left?

it certainly seems like that.

• r9r9r9
    r9r9r9 Posts: 13 Arc User
    One friend's main account is blocked by Arc. over 5 chars are full g16 or r9. 3 billion coin stopped by PW.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Alright so let me get this right in under 24 hours this nearly has as many posts as the “Updates and changes coming to PWI” forum, which has been up for nearly 4 months.

I don’t think PWI has yet to realize the impact this has had on the player base... I mean come on actually play the game like most of your community mods do and see what needs to be done, aka remove dailes and add bloods to something like mysterious merchant, buff free to play content if you are going to promote this game as free to play rather than pay to win.
    The free to play component of this game has been completely removed and it’s just legitimately became pay to play now.
  • bartmanman
    r9r9r9 wrote: »
    One friend's main account is blocked by Arc. over 5 chars are full g16 or r9. 3 billion coin stopped by PW.
    r9r9r9 wrote: »
    they blocked me I this made up a new account and still can't thru

• fampar
    fampar Posts: 16 Arc User
    Congrats on creating more unsatisfaction of the community about this game :/
    Really , I don't know why you always finds new ways to make people unhappy.

❄️《 野火烧不尽 ,春风 吹 又 生》​​❄️
  • hhhh12
    hhhh12 Posts: 3 Arc User
    run every off and it will die when it does I will file suit to get my money I invested into the game back you morons
  • exsel123
    exsel123 Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

1) Unlimited
    2) Make it how it was before (02.07 update) plus ban only violaters without causing inconvenience to other players.
  • billadama
    billadama Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why is the company making it difficult to play the game on any decent level. Yes I understand the safety aspect, fraudulent behaviour etc but a game of this age shouldn't be this faulty. Seems with every update it breaks or removes more than it adds. The recent update what has it added? Some crappy funfair that will only be open at certain times that no one wanted or needs. It breaks multiclienting, broken questlines, foreclosed factionbases and pissing off an already dwindling playerbase. I get the sense PWI is deliberately antagonising it's players in order to get them to quit and they can quietly shut down an aging title they can't be arsed doing proper content for anymore.
  • stealraine81
    stealraine81 Posts: 17 Arc User
    especially since those bases had to be paid for by faction members own coins. its like buying a piece of gear and then pwi saying "oh we are gonna take this from you now".
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    JGxSNBg.jpg
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sonsofanarchy
    sonsofanarchy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Release more packs! that will sort it......
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Your Arc SUCKS! Nuff said

IF you DC in this game you cant even force log back in lol WTF Pretty poor service for a cash demanding game.
  • marcelo33
    marcelo33 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I COULNT OPEN ARC IN XP NOW HAVE W7 CAN OPEN ARC BUT NO GAME. WHAT THE **** IS THIS. I JUST WANNA HAVE FUN BUT NOW CANT CANT CANT I HATE ARC EVERYBODY HATES ARC. IF THE PROBLEM IS 6V6 ABUSE CLOSE IT OR BAN THOSE PPL. IF THE PROBLEM IS SECURITY FORCING PPL USE ARC U WONT STOP STUPID PPL GIVING AWAY THEIRS PASSWORDS.
    NOW ME AND MANY OTHER PPL CANT LONG IN. TRY TO SOLVE THAT INSTEAD OF **** US
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    wesker wrote: »
    so how can u start a 2nd client via arc?

in short:
    1. start Arc for the first account
    2. start PWI
    3. open taskmanager
    4. close Arc update (arc chat, arc update, arcosbrowser)
    5. start Arc again; this time for the second account
    6. start PWI

Voila, one account ready for a catshop and one to play with.
    mmm... think GAMAZON-bots and some other bots will use it to make money lol.

• marcelo33
    marcelo33 Posts: 3 Arc User
    PW BANNED MY FRIEND FOR USING APS BARB BUG EVEN IF HE JUST DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS FORBBIDEN, BUT CANT BAN PPL THAT IS ABUSING OF 6V6 INSTEAD OF THAT IS BETTER **** ALL THE REST OF US.
  • bartmanman
    marcelo33 wrote: »
    I COULNT OPEN ARC IN XP NOW HAVE W7 CAN OPEN ARC BUT NO GAME. WHAT THE **** IS THIS. I JUST WANNA HAVE FUN BUT NOW CANT CANT CANT I HATE ARC EVERYBODY HATES ARC. IF THE PROBLEM IS 6V6 ABUSE CLOSE IT OR BAN THOSE PPL. IF THE PROBLEM IS SECURITY FORCING PPL USE ARC U WONT STOP STUPID PPL GIVING AWAY THEIRS PASSWORDS.
    NOW ME AND MANY OTHER PPL CANT LONG IN. TRY TO SOLVE THAT INSTEAD OF **** US

pwi putting there little feet down about this it's dumb they pissed off 90% of the players in this game

I wouldn't be surpised if they say you can buy back your accounts for a price

they this banned us for the weekend whoopie do gives more time to find a new game that cares

about the their fanbase

• alexcion
    alexcion Posts: 15 Arc User
    Interesting point.... though you realize this is also forwarded towards more people cashshopping at least they hope. not 5 catshops = more commision shops so they hope thus more income. so called free to play games are based upon people cashshopping and thus they will do anything to improve that at the cost of people farming and multiclienting for multi catshops. if those leave who cares they werent the cashshoppers anyways.

Unfortunately, I am a cash shopper.. although maybe not to the extent that I once was and definitely not to the extent that some players are today... I stopped counting many years ago because the total I spent on this game within the first 2 years made me physically ill. Quite frankly, I just didn't want to know the amount after that. So, if this is directed towards cash shopping more and thinking that CSers won't leave they are sorely mistaken. I also have a commission shop mainly for convenience, but I'm aware that the expense monthly is a huge deduction out of any profit margin I may have... I also lost 2 alt accounts because guess what?! After 9 years of playing a game you move, change isps, etc.. things get lost in the shuffle.. People have lives. I probably still have those email accounts too - I've tried before to locate which ones to which account and I couldn't. Does that mean I want to contact PWI support and wait 3 days for a reply just to have them verify who I am even tho I don't even remember what email that account was on? Who has time for this?
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Lmao jesus, what is this clownfiesta, everyone panicking even though the title clearly says its intended to only be temporarily. I'm sure they have a good reason for these changes, and I seriously doubt you can actually no longer log multiple clients... In the past I've always logged multiple clients while still using ARC. I guess the intention here is to stop clientless logging, to run scripts, but who knows... since I'm on Twilight Temple I can tell easily enough if the clientless scipters are no longer logging on, since thats probable where the majority of them are x) But who cares, I'm sure they'll figure it out...

Ok first off... stop saying it's temporary.... Do you guys forget what that word means to PWI? It means, we'll say temporary for now until people move on and forget about it.. kinda like the DQ drops that were being abused that moved to rewards that were taken away "temporarily" and oh.. wait.. never brought back.. the community moved on.. forgot.. accepted it as it is the way it is now...

Secondly... "I'm sure they have a good reason for the changes" ??? I'm sorry?? They're not my mommy and daddy and I don't have to just trust their decision. I am a customer.. We are their customers. Game companies seem to forget this fact. If it is truly for security reasons then they need to share those reasons so all of us can be protected. They don't have to tell us how it's being done or even exactly WHAT is being done.. but "suspicious activity" is not enough of a reason for a disruption like this.
    the pwi team do not understand what they are doing and they have killed this game all for the money , they have banned people from servers that did nothing wrong and have been play the game by their rules. So i find it hard that they have anyone else to "watch out for" suspicious or not they just go and ban people willy nilly for no reason ..... will these people ever be able to play again after this whole thing is figured out anyway or will their hard work from farming in this almost impossible to farm game just be for nothing ?​​

I understand what you're saying... I've seen it.. heard about it... in 9 years I've seen people banned for less which is what is making me think there is more to this whole thing than what they are telling us. I think beyond it all that is what makes me nervous. That is what is making me upset about this - after 9 years they think a blanket statement will be enough and we'll just go on.

If there was a security breach (which is kind of the theory I'm leaning towards after seeing multiple reminders to reset passwordss frequently, etc).. then they should tell the community so we can change emails, passwords, up our own security.. Not just trust that a company, that obviously already had an intrustion (if that is the case), is worried about our security instead of their bottom line...

Walking through West Arch is currently stomach-churning...

I can only hope they can fix this... fast.. and not "soon" - we all know how that works out.