Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    And they've removed the compatibility to record with certain paid programmes. Just had an awesome xTW which I started my programme (which wasn't cheap) hit record and go to edit the video and there isn't one. Had the timer and fps rate showing it was recording but go to check the file and there is nothing saved..

First it was fraps, now this one is affected after their *emergency maint*
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited February 2018
    marcelo33 wrote: »
    I COULNT OPEN ARC IN XP ....
    This brings up a good point.

I'm sure that there are loads of people still playing on potatoes with XP. Or rather, there were. You can't run Arc on XP, so you can't play PWI anymore if you have XP.

marcelo33 wrote: »
    PW BANNED MY FRIEND FOR USING APS BARB BUG EVEN IF HE JUST DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS FORBBIDEN, BUT CANT BAN PPL THAT IS ABUSING OF 6V6 INSTEAD OF THAT IS BETTER **** ALL THE REST OF US.
    For what it takes to use that bug, you know you're violating the ToS by using the exploit. That was a just ban. It's pretty hard to use it and not know you're ****ing things up on purpose to bypass the way the game is coded.
    Also note that bans aren't to be discussed on the forums.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    24c6cd.jpg
    The only GOP
  • roblaine69
    roblaine69 Posts: 2 Arc User
    So killing multi client apparently also affects being able to log out of one account then logging into another from the same screen. Nice. Be seeing you then.
  • sahitan001
    sahitan001 Posts: 49 Arc User
    It was normal that everyone howled again. in other games multi-clienting or multi-boxing is completely prohibited. And you all yell around because your sales bots are not logable. I do not think so at all that finally made a break before it. many log in at the same time due to Jones quest simultaneously with at least 6-10 accounts at the same time. Just to make money, which is then sold on illigal websites. I think it's good. and it should also be stopped.
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem

There already is arc platform content people want, the existing quests for zen, but don't people get permabanned for doing those? Why would we add more rewards for arc and participate in them knowing that?
  • sonsofanarchy
    sonsofanarchy Posts: 13 Arc User
    sahitan001 wrote: »
    It was normal that everyone howled again. in other games multi-clienting or multi-boxing is completely prohibited. And you all yell around because your sales bots are not logable. I do not think so at all that finally made a break before it. many log in at the same time due to Jones quest simultaneously with at least 6-10 accounts at the same time. Just to make money, which is then sold on illigal websites. I think it's good. and it should also be stopped.

it's crazy ppl just wanna make a coin, given that nearly any way to make coin is now nerfed. Most games will actually allow some form of mutiboxing (term used for a 10 year old icelandic space sim that still cares and understands their customer and playerbase) pve has been totally doxxed in this game, everything bound, nothing decent farmable, economy like a third world country with inflation at 1000%. Why on earth would anyone new join? The issues are so easy to fix but pwi doesn't, just wants to milk the already dusty cow
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User

if the use of multiple accounts wasn't basically engineered by PWE's idiotic management of this game in the first place then multi boxing wouldnt have been a problem.

the catshop system NEVER really provided really good functions when you literally had to set your toon after you do all the stuff you wanted to do.

yes JOJ abuse is bad and should have been nipped in the bud much sooner, but they have constantly assaulted the ability of the game to function so if you actually wanted to play seriously, you HAD to have at least 3 extra accounts. now like 2 CMs ago it was stated you could have 2 accounts (older players could keep what they had) and you would not be banned if you only had 2 accounts per computer logged in at any one time.

but they never fixed their systems to detect multi-bot usage properly, they never fixed their systems to allow more verification to be done without relying on an email account.

so basically they make a change before they actually have a working fix.

standard PWE.

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    unless they have 20-100 seperate computers in one room, this should stop this as well.

Lol the real reason GPU prices skyrocketing. Not miners it's the people running a million PWI catshops :D
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • bartmanman
    bartmanman Posts: 8 Arc User
    roblaine69 wrote: »
    So killing multi client apparently also affects being able to log out of one account then logging into another from the same screen. Nice. Be seeing you then.

basically if you change accounts on the same arc your bein punish for no reason

there's alot of morons that play with 6-10 accounts at a time thanks to them we're all being banned for now
  • kingmaster76
    kingmaster76 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Lovely GMs/Support i know you dont want that People use Multi Client i can understand why you want to stop it but you Need see it from diffrent face not just from 1 side. I know many People use arc quest for get free Gold with a lot of accounts. But ist give also People who really hard work to get Forward but all the years i played pwi a game i really like its Comes harder and harder not only for new Player also for People who have *JUST* g16 gear of course this People try to farm coins without to go back to the only Option to cash but one sell follow after a other and the price for gold and many items are go high like hell alone if you look on r9 mats like GST long time ago it whas 4m each coins and now around 20m each. for this People is hard to farm Money fast enough w/o cashing and of course they try all they can and not all but many People useing Multiclient for farm Money for catshops or maybe to do dual dailys.
    Lovely GMs and Support sorry if i say that but all new Expansion you make it harder for us for the People who try to farm the coins and thats not fair too please lovely Support give us the multiclient back please
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer

Is this patch a permanent thing or just until the issue with Arc is solved? What can we expect in the next few days or weeks?
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    I'm noticing a couple of people following Sylen's lead and switching their profile images. Anyone else care to do so?

May not be any more effective than basic forum posts, but we may as well. It can serve as a visual reminder that this isn't something that we intend to forget in a couple weeks like a lot of past changes to PWI.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • sylenthunder
    I'm noticing a couple of people following Sylen's lead and switching their profile images. Anyone else care to do so?

May not be any more effective than basic forum posts, but we may as well. It can serve as a visual reminder that this isn't something that we intend to forget in a couple weeks like a lot of past changes to PWI.
    Updated the image in my sig.

I think it looks a little better without the cutoff edges.​​

​​
  • exsel123
    exsel123 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I think it looks a little better without the cutoff edges.​​

dude, how they will see it if they delete all negotive posts? I mean its my third post about this situation, they delete it for no reason. Who the hell is hell VS normal dialog? I said
    1) unlimited accounts (how it was before 02.07 update)
    2) make us startbypatcher how it was before. Ban only those people who violates ToS. Don't do inconvenience to other people.
    P.S. how many US dollars PWI USA need to get independence from CN developers how it was before? We can use kickstarter or other platforms. I am a bit tired of china dev team. All of us.
  • sylenthunder
    exsel123 wrote: »

I think it looks a little better without the cutoff edges.

dude, how they will see it if they delete all negotive posts?

You mean all 8 pages? Not likely.​​

​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited February 2018

PWE sitting on their hands for account sellers and buyers, but suddenly show an interest in enforcing ARC protections against account sharing (via implementing a last minute emergency patch)? It should be pretty clear to any reasonable player which is a more serious offence.

And sorry, but a TOS that says you can take your customers' money but give us the bird is way past mere legality. People sue companies for considerably less.

except you agreed to the ToS when you created your account and your character

it's crazy ppl just wanna make a coin, given that nearly any way to make coin is now nerfed. Most games will actually allow some form of mutiboxing (term used for a 10 year old icelandic space sim that still cares and understands their customer and playerbase) pve has been totally doxxed in this game, everything bound, nothing decent farmable, economy like a third world country with inflation at 1000%. Why on earth would anyone new join? The issues are so easy to fix but pwi doesn't, just wants to milk the already dusty cow

It's not OK to make coin by breaking the rules. Why? Because **** like this update happens... if you haven't gotten that clue yet.
  • subforevil
    subforevil Posts: 1 Arc User
    ok i uninstal and reinstal arc did all the updates i load the game and hit play and game goes away i got windows 7 is there something i need to make it work?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    The best news i heard so far!!
    Kepp it like this.
    Maximum number of simultaneous clients should be 3. Your main account your listed catshop (oh yes you should register your account as a catshop) Otherwise use that boutique item. And the 3rd client your alt.
    Now i see people QQ to much. Well no more shared accounts suck it up. One day the toon loging from US and in the next hour from EU and then from Russia. Suck it up and stop abusing everything.
    Keep it this way please.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

beast21g wrote: »
    Kepp it like this.
    Maximum number of simultaneous clients should be 3. Your main account your listed catshop (oh yes you should register your account as a catshop) Otherwise use that boutique item. And the 3rd client your alt.
    Now i see people QQ to much. Well no more shared accounts suck it up. One day the toon loging from US and in the next hour from EU and then from Russia. Suck it up and stop abusing everything.
    Keep it this way please.

Actually I would rather be able to log 2 or 3 toons from the same account rather than having to create a lot of accounts with different email addresses. If PW devs did that and allow a one time opportunity to port the toon from the alt acct to the main acct It would be awesome.

We wouldn't need to worry about old accounts with forgotten email addresses and security questions, etc.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    H
    jadasia wrote: »
    beast21g wrote: »
    Kepp it like this.
    Keep it this way please.

Actually I would rather be able to log 2 or 3 toons from the same account rather than having to create a lot of accounts with different email addresses. If PW devs did that and allow a one time opportunity to port the toon from the alt acct to the main acct It would be awesome.

We wouldn't need to worry about old accounts with forgotten email addresses and security questions, etc.

Hmmm merge accounts into 1.
    Sounds interesting. But i think that would be an option for pwi on 2021
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    gg pwe... so now i can't log my other accounts coz i don't remember the emails i used to create them... give me back all the stuff i have on them!
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Woke up to find out that I cannot log onto my shop account with all my big notes and keys on it. I seriously hope that this is a bad joke because its outright pathetic from the standpoint of a consumer.

The fact that you claim to be 'fully aware' of what this will mean for your player-base indicates that you are either completely out of touch or you just don't care.

Considering you sent an entire server of Americans to languish on a European server, I'm guessing it's the latter.

There's so, so much wrong with this and it begins with ARC bloatware. I'd spell it out so that even the people who run this game and don't play it can understand it, but it would just be an absolute waste of my time.

• bself23
    bself23 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Been on pwi for many years now. but for now, I think ill go play another game until this mess is fixed.
    Ive got 3 r9rr toons on tideswell. Alot of coin and money and especially time spent to achieve that.
    How i see it is people are finding new and successful ways in the economy via catshops they have no need to swipe that card. Me being one of them.
    I can happily say ive been highly catshop reliant for a couple years now.
    Maybe thats pwe's way of saying players abused arc and such,,,,because we dont need to spend money....
    My opinion is, no DQ, No normal priced drops such as mirages and so on. And a few other ways even new players can make small jumps in coin make it force people to swipe their digits to get coin.
    Now that most of us can do it without a credit card.....no no no pwe says.
    Now dont get me wrong, IF there is a LEGIT issue with arc and some accounts being used in a neggative way, Then just simply say what it is. but being quiet about an issue that most of the player base doesnt even believe is the true reason for this duckery.......seriously? If you cant say what the actual honest issue is,...
    THEN SAY THAT. Dont dodge and keep repeating what it isnt about. Its disrespectful to players and to us people in general.
    Thats my piece.
  • bself23
    bself23 Posts: 29 Arc User
    craz1nf wrote: »

how about all the fourm mods go on strike until something is fixed, broken game = broken fourms

That wont happen because that makes to much sense.....
  • diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    npc15 wrote: »
    unless they have 20-100 seperate computers in one room, this should stop this as well.

Lol the real reason GPU prices skyrocketing. Not miners it's the people running a million PWI catshops :D

When did PWI start utilizing the GPU? Asking for a friend.
  • diesfast
    valdisman wrote: »
    And they've removed the compatibility to record with certain paid programmes. Just had an awesome xTW which I started my programme (which wasn't cheap) hit record and go to edit the video and there isn't one. Had the timer and fps rate showing it was recording but go to check the file and there is nothing saved..

First it was fraps, now this one is affected after their *emergency maint*

Have you tried OBS? ( Open Broadcaster Software )?
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    diesfast wrote: »

Never was making a bad joke XD

WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • diesfast
    npc15 wrote: »
    diesfast wrote: »

Never was making a bad joke XD

Sarcasm is so hard to catch over the net. Well done, my friend. Well done. +1