Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer : Neverfall

Options

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    That's the normal way they operate. You NPC the bad items, and they put back the correct ones during the next maintenance. #pahnik should get their items during maintenance.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ah so we will have celestial saint soon that's nice time to experiment sweet. Regarding "spirit issue" I'm honestly surprised this is a problem for some people. PV doesn't give enough spirit? I have no issues learning skills on either toon I have working on it perhaps new people or casual players have issues? Can't imagine regulars
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @greenfire312 I've done DH several times since it came out and I find it a lot easier/less stressful than UP (maybe because I'm not super familiar with UP and it still seems like a hard instance to me). I don't know about the final boss, since it's not available yet, but the other 3 paths are fairly easy if you are familiar with their mechanics. The only one where there were a lot of deaths was the lava/cages one, but that was partly because a lot of us were inexperienced. The bosses barely hurt if you have a tanky person hold aggro, if you mess something up you get 1 shot whether you're end-game geared or G16. Only thing gear is relevant for is DDing to get it done quicker, but as long as you have a few reliable DDs in squad you can sneak in a few G16's too.​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • pahn#3114
    pahn#3114 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    pahnik wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer Will there be a update soon for the Blessing of celestial vale and warfront supply, Cause i was told by a gm to sell all the items, and i did, when should i exepect to get those back?
    Why would a GM tell you to sell the code items? Are you sure it was a GM? Sounds like you might have been tricked there... but if it really was a GM, I'd send a ticket. o.O

Yes it was a gom, have all the printouts and all of the screenshots.

i have the proof
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    pahn#3114 wrote: »

i have the proof
    Definitely send a ticket, then. :) From my experience they seem to be doing pretty well handling item issues with the new expansion (they recovered the 10mil I lost due to the glyph unlocking item glitch a few pages ago).
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • pahnik
    pahnik Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options

i have the proof
    Definitely send a ticket, then. :) From my experience they seem to be doing pretty well handling item issues with the new expansion (they recovered the 10mil I lost due to the glyph unlocking item glitch a few pages ago).

Did send a ticket in, they said they were gonna do next update, there as been 2 i beleive so far. and this happend to me on april 13th, thats when i sent ticket in
  • pahnik
    Options
    pahnik wrote: »

i have the proof

You werent supposed to pay 10m for that? lmao oops
  • pahnik
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    That's the normal way they operate. You NPC the bad items, and they put back the correct ones during the next maintenance. #pahnik should get their items during maintenance.

i never did recive any of the items i was asked to sell.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Ah so we will have celestial saint soon that's nice time to experiment sweet. Regarding "spirit issue" I'm honestly surprised this is a problem for some people. PV doesn't give enough spirit? I have no issues learning skills on either toon I have working on it perhaps new people or casual players have issues? Can't imagine regulars

I abused my spirit for genies to myself, friends, to sell and so on. I had 150mish spirit when this expansion hit - I now have learned 5 skills and got 50m spirit waiting for celestial saint. PV gives roughly 1m spirit/run and as I dont have access to double token yet that kinda affects my spirit gain daily. But yes, as a 105x3 I been forced to PV just for spirit. Nothing quite as demoralizing if you ask me.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • juankael
    juankael Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Just a quick question I was not able to find a clear answer yet.
    Is the Celestial saint culti already available or is it not?
    Just want to make sure. Since there is not much info about the new cultis anywhere just yet.

In case it is available, what requieriments do I have to meet in order to trigger it?

In case it is not.. when it is comming?

Thank you for reading!
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    on TT we havent unlocked the map far enough to gain the next part of the culti. Also seems all servers around the same percentage, should be coming soon. So Chaotic Souls is currently as far as you can go.

As for requirements for the next culti ive heard a few different answer.

"Chinese patch notes says Chaotic Soul need 100 rb2 and Shifting sky 10.
    Celestial Saint need 3rd map stage(or completed 3rd stage?idk) 103 rb2 and Twilight sky 6."

Dont take this as a definite answer you know how translations go ect. but this is what ive heard and seen.
  • juankael
    juankael Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Quick question: I have already done all the Chaotic Soul Cultivation, but what about the next part: Celestial Saint, is it locked? or already available? Any requirement?
  • greenfire312
    edited April 2017
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    I abused my spirit for genies to myself, friends, to sell and so on. I had 150mish spirit when this expansion hit - I now have learned 5 skills and got 50m spirit waiting for celestial saint. PV gives roughly 1m spirit/run and as I dont have access to double token yet that kinda affects my spirit gain daily. But yes, as a 105x3 I been forced to PV just for spirit. Nothing quite as demoralizing if you ask me.
    This is kinda also what I was getting at when I brought up spirit. PV is boring as hell and having to do it daily would eventually cause me to quit (as it is, part of the reason I can continue to play is that I don't always do the dailies I'm eligible for). And even if I did, that would be up to 400-500 days of PV just to complete the skills. Obviously you should do some work to get your skills but that is just way too much.

The spirit token for DH (assuming it's re-purchasable and not a one time thing) sounds like a viable solution if it really does give 30m spirit, because I'd much rather learn DH and do 10-15 runs of that than 400-500 PV runs.

But this doesn't change the fact that Primal, Neverfall, BH and HS dailies should all give spirit. Seriously, why was that never added? If they had spirit, half of us probably wouldn't be in this situation right now just for having done primals up to this point.
    Etherblade server
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    well its no one fault if you are to lazy to do your dailies and get spirit, also your pv or stay meditation a couple hours of day. Morai i think has some pills for spirit just like bh2 gives.

• keihan007#7641
    Options
    This is kinda also what I was getting at when I brought up spirit. PV is boring as hell and having to do it daily would eventually cause me to quit (as it is, part of the reason I can continue to play is that I don't always do the dailies I'm eligible for). And even if I did, that would be up to 400-500 days of PV just to complete the skills. Obviously you should do some work to get your skills but that is just way too much.

The spirit token for DH (assuming it's re-purchasable and not a one time thing) sounds like a viable solution if it really does give 30m spirit, because I'd much rather learn DH and do 10-15 runs of that than 400-500 PV runs.

But this doesn't change the fact that Primal, Neverfall, BH and HS dailies should all give spirit. Seriously, why was that never added? If they had spirit, half of us probably wouldn't be in this situation right now just for having done primals up to this point.

I guess I wasnt clear enough. I meant PV run as in running the instance once to give roughly 1m spirit, its slightly more but not by much. And you can do several runs per token so its gonna take significantly less time than you are estimating. Even slow people should manage 5 runs per token, with double token we are talking bout ~40 day of PV to get the required spirit from scratch. The reason why I find PV demoralizing is cause the instance is boring and I dont need the xp, running just for the spirit isnt fun when you thought you would never have to do the damned instance again.

The spirit token seems pretty viable but I wish there were more options to gain spirit. Its either using your badges for the token or suffering in PV for your spirit, neither option is too appealing.

• greenfire312
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I guess I wasnt clear enough. I meant PV run as in running the instance once to give roughly 1m spirit, its slightly more but not by much. And you can do several runs per token so its gonna take significantly less time than you are estimating. Even slow people should manage 5 runs per token, with double token we are talking bout ~40 day of PV to get the required spirit from scratch. The reason why I find PV demoralizing is cause the instance is boring and I dont need the xp, running just for the spirit isnt fun when you thought you would never have to do the damned instance again.

The spirit token seems pretty viable but I wish there were more options to gain spirit. Its either using your badges for the token or suffering in PV for your spirit, neither option is too appealing.
    I will defer to your knowledge of PV 100+ spirit yields because I can probably count off how many times I've done that instance on one hand, certainly none in the last couple of years. I would ask you what gear you're doing that in to get in 5 full runs on a 15-minute token (unless 100+ has a longer token? hell if I know).
    beast21g wrote: »
    well its no one fault if you are to lazy to do your dailies and get spirit, also your pv or stay meditation a couple hours of day. Morai i think has some pills for spirit just like bh2 gives.
    Addressing your suggestions in order:
    • Dailies would be much more viable if - again - most of them gave spirit, which they currently do not except for old ones such as Morai and Crazy Stone. If I would ask the devs to fix anything about the spirit issue, it would be this.
    • PV I'm assuming could work, but as many others have pointed out, we have enough grind in this game without having to go into the most boring of all instances several times daily.
    • Meditation works if you have a bunch of extra reflective shards which you aren't using, but even then it comes out to somewhere around half a mil spirit per 12 hours.
    • BH2 pills give 220,000 spirit, Morai spirit jades give 22,600 each and you can realistically obtain ten of them per day (if you have access to Jintao and burn all your daily influence).
    So if I'm reading pwdatabase correctly, and you do all of the above except PV (and you spring for the high-end Crazy Stone), that comes out somewhere in the ballpark of 1.25mil spirit/day, meaning up to 400 days of grind for someone who has no spirit to speak of. Doable? Yes. Fun? Hell no.

Now if you add Primals, Neverfall quests, HS and BH into this equation, it comes out to about as much spirit as the above combo, but here's the difference: people actually play those dailies anyway (well, maybe not HS daily, but that's like 100k spirit tops), and they don't require expending resources which can be used for other things (influence, coin, BH2 reward choices). As much as I personally believe Morai is underrated, from a realistic perspective people (myself included, usually) don't do those dailies much. And how many people do you know who buy the high-end Crazy Stone daily?

The bottom line is, players who put the time in for dailies should get spirit for them - doesn't matter which dailies they do. Virtually everything else in the game which gives exp also gives spirit, and there's never been any reason for the newer dailies not having it except "who cares, spirit is uesless anyway." Except, y'know, now it's not. :tongue:
    Etherblade server
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    I will defer to your knowledge of PV 100+ spirit yields because I can probably count off how many times I've done that instance on one hand, certainly none in the last couple of years. I would ask you what gear you're doing that in to get in 5 full runs on a 15-minute token (unless 100+ has a longer token? hell if I know).

I am actually +12 archer, though I feel my gear is irrelevant as I know N3 ppl doing far more than 5 runs/token. Obviously they are the kind of classes like seekers/barbs which are no doubt the easiest classes to PV with. Some classes require more gear and specially casters want puri proc weapon to effectively run several PV runs/token but several runs isnt difficult if you know what you are doing. Assuming you are kinda up to date with your gear/passives.

• greenfire312
    Options
    I am actually +12 archer, though I feel my gear is irrelevant as I know N3 ppl doing far more than 5 runs/token. Obviously they are the kind of classes like seekers/barbs which are no doubt the easiest classes to PV with. Some classes require more gear and specially casters want puri proc weapon to effectively run several PV runs/token but several runs isnt difficult if you know what you are doing. Assuming you are kinda up to date with your gear/passives.
    For various reasons which aren't relevant to the topic, I don't run in g16 yet (purely by choice). My barb could probably do it anyway, but that does nothing to alleviate how boring PV is. Admittedly, I'm somewhat at a loss as to what the devs' intention actually was here. Obviously not all new content will be accessible to all legacy gear, but in the past they've generally tailored their content to a fairly low common denominator of gear, so "bare minimum g16 non-caster with all primal passives if you want to do it in less than 400 days" doesn't strike me as the way they thought we'd go forward.
    Etherblade server
  • beast21g
    Options
    multi runs AEU provides spirit
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Simple question....why are quest items not going in the Quest Item Tab in my inventory? The items say they are quest itmes...so yeah why are they in my normal tab? I really have limited space and more important the items are labled so what's up with that?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    So I haven't been able to keep up with the flow of the thread so I'll throw out a few things I've noticed in the recent replies-

Celestial Saint is gated by Historical Phase (in that the main questlines you need require a specific Historical Phase). I haven't checked it recently, but it will be in the final Historical Phase (this expansion gave us 3) Players went though the first 2 relatively quickly!

For some reason, at some point the Quest Bag stopped getting used. It'll be on the lower end of Queries we send to CN unfortunately as far as how fast they can action on it or give an answer. This is quite curious though!

Spirit was almost a non issue after a certain point, but if people start saying PV is boring, I worry about people asking about having FC back (if running the same instance in a grind multiple times has a negative impact). I'm sure at some point players started dumping spare Spirit into Genies (I was guilty of this). Morai if I'm not mistaken Gives Spirit gaining items as does BH's on the second reward but that's not high enough. I might be completely wrong, but do Ancient Gifts give a Spirit boost/gain too or was that just the Legacy Mark?

Bonus Events will also help with this, however I'll maker a note of this to see how we can address it!
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    Options
    Just checked the one Chaotic Soul skill I have the book for.

It needs 50m spirit.

My 103/103/103 sin currently has 197m spirit so I can learn 2 chaotic soul skills out of the 5 available to me.

This 197m spirit has taken me years to gather, admittedly I have leveled something like 50 genies to level 40 for use on various alts (I keep only the better ones).

I have not worried about spirit since I was in my 90's the first time around, and suddenly one skill is going to use over 1/3 of the accumulated spirit from 2 rebirths.

Somehow that seems very wrong.

Almost as wrong as books for lvl 89 skills only dropping in a lvl 100+ dungeon, specifically Twin strike and Puncture Wound, but there are others for the various classes. Someone should update pwdatabase as they are still shown to be dropped by hellfire and Peachblossom.

BTW two of my next best alts have 133m and 77m spirit respectively, so they are effectively barred from getting the chaotic soul skills for the next 5 years.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Again for those that really need spirit the Hector NPC has a choice of 3 bounty orders for the last boss in Dawnlight Halls. The spirit one gives you 30m spirit which would be 45m spirit with a Ancient Gift.
    0Z3BcBU.png
    It's not free but the price is affordable. If you manufacture the Knight Badge from squire badges the average cost is 21 squire badges. On my server that's worth around 6m coins at the moment and falling.
    ​​
  • beast21g
    Options
    Stop crying for the spirit, we already said about that.
    You are doing the same thing with barbaric blood and much more things.
    Play and get your spirit or do what Asterelle said and last option is learn the skills you need 1st.
  • jamesmcd
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    Stop crying for the spirit, we already said about that.
    You are doing the same thing with barbaric blood and much more things.
    Play and get your spirit or do what Asterelle said and last option is learn the skills you need 1st.

Well forgive me for expressing my opinion, and yes, I know uninstalling is an option, so don't bother suggesting it.

Asterelle, ty for bringing the wanted order to my attention. It was not possible to get to Natya Veda till last wednesday when
    patch 1014 was installed, and my sin has had one of those orders (for vitae however) since a few hours after v1010.

Also one can't enter dawnlight halls till they are lvl 103, Chaotic Soul AND twilight sky 1, so only one of my toons (sin) can currently enter.

Tried to do mbh in dawnlight halls the other day (after 1014) and found that I could not get past the fire boss, so doing the wanted order is not an option for me, at least until others find a way to spark kill a flying boss.

So to wind up, it is just depressing to try to catch up and find that I cannot. First it was removing the exp from the dragoons just as I got in a faction that could glitch them, then the change to SOT and Abbadon less than a month after I found I could solo Peachblossom. And with each major update, it just gets worse.

p.s. I currently have 4 toons in meditation prior to being deleted, they were all RB2 but I found I had no spare time to get them acceptably equipped for pvp and/or play them. So do not tell me to play more.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    So do not tell me to play more.

Maybe play one character more? Sounds like you got alt-crazy and shot yourself in the foot. Seriously if you've been playing since the time of Dragoons and don't have 250m spirit you have not been playing at all. I'm about as lazy as they come as far as dailies and PV and I still had 550m spirit before this expansion.
  • jamesmcd
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    So do not tell me to play more.

Maybe play one character more? Sounds like you got alt-crazy and shot yourself in the foot. Seriously if you've been playing since the time of Dragoons and don't have 250m spirit you have not been playing at all. I'm about as lazy as they come as far as dailies and PV and I still had 550m spirit before this expansion.

You are right, went alt crazy around the time of getting first char to 100.

So, why dont I have more spirit? well maybe cause until v1010 there was nothing to spend spirit on apart from skills and genies, and I didn't think that having 197m spirit just sitting around doing nothing much was going to be a problem.

Got all original skills to lvl 10 or sage, got all upgrades that don't rely on twin strike or puncture wound, Made a few genies for alts since even 6 months ago that was all I could do with the spirit.

What this means is that since I am 103x3 I should have had 704m spirit if I did absolutely nothing with it. Instead I have less than 200m. So I must have used 500m spirit on leveling skills and making genies.

Going on previous skills, upgrading has been costing 5m spirit or less. At that rate my 190m spirit could level at least 38 skills, instead it will only enable me to level 3 skills. This unexpected (to me) exorbitant increase is why I'm complaining
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options

This unexpected (to me) exorbitant increase is why I'm complaining

Almost every new release PWI has made recently, from gears to daily quests, has been exorbitant and requires a crazy amount of time and effort to get done (Starchart, G17 gears, primal passives, primal boundaries etc.). So this shouldn't have come as a surprise honestly. I'm in the same situation as you though, blew a lot of my spirit on genies. Only option left for us is to spam PV and do the daily wanted order in DH for spirit (for those who are able). I agree it's frustrating, but I repeat, it shouldn't have come as a surprise, not after all the other things they've released lately. Nothing can surprise me anymore in this game, at least not negatively.

​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Isn't there supposed to be a big emblem in the center? How come I don't have it?
    kP7RAf3.jpg
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I don't have it either.