Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer : Neverfall

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Hello PWI players!

Neverfall releases on April 12th April 13th and we know you'll have alot of questions! This thread will be opened on the day of expansion for anything that you could not get answered from asking other players or from Customer Support!

Please refer to all the teaser blogs, the launch blog and the patch notes first before asking your questions here!

This thread is for :
+Asking about any and all Neverfall expansion related items!
+Asking about new items, functions and mechanics
+Asking about events introduced in Neverfall

This thread is not for :
+Reporting Neverfall bugs - Please post them in the Neverfall : Bug Report thread.
+Suggestions for changing any features that have just been released or to change old features
+Questions about reimbursements or account related issues (including but not limited to - bank password resets, bans, account sharing, hacking reports etc.)
+Asking about new codes or old events
+Asking for storyline spoilers

Keep asking for quest help to a minimum if you can - most quests are relatively straightforward, however if you find yourself getting stuck due a bug, make sure to reply with your issue in the Neverfall : Bug Reports thread.

Remember - this thread will be opened on launch day!

April 13th : Now open!
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    *throws confetti around* Thread is now OPEN! Please post all your questions and related Neverfall items here! Please put all bug reports in the linked bug thread!
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    When are we getting Neverfall code?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    saleniece wrote: »
    When are we getting Neverfall code?

WoW and first question as well...

ok So.

Grand Commanders Order's - Have 3 in Bank.
    Orihalcum - have 10 in bank.

Why are these two Mats used in PWCN have no use in PWI even tho we are able to get them from rewards. When will they be usable and what for?

Sorry thats kinda blunt but annoys me being able to get them from packs / XTW with no idea of their use or intentions.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    i already found a first super big issue, sadly i expected it and china didnt disappoint me.

so far, the limit of gold buying requests was 72 hours - after that time your request to bid on gold expired.

the maximum of gold you could have bought with 200 mil coins was 49 gold pieces.

now its 245 gold - because the bag and gold trade can both carry 1 billion coins. let me guess, china didnt extend the gold bid expire time from 3 days to 15, right? it will be impossible to buy gold - or you have to be super lucky now. this needs to be adressed asap :/

dawnglory already reached 4500 pieces and the server usually struggles to supply 2500 gold in 3 days.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @heero200 So, what CN did when we asked them about this was open up the Zenith tab for us

8kdohttpq3qt.png

However, this line for Warsoul weapons is no different than what we have for the top upgrade currently. It's confusing why this option was opened up when the current version exclusive one we got works just fine.

We'll have to ask them again to create an exchange for these mats into something more useable.

@splendideyes I'm not sure if this was a design choice or if this was an oversight. Regardless, I'll email them and ask!
  • candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hi @kalystconquerer#0876, What are the actual requirements to access the following?
    • Glyphs System
    • New Cultivation
    What sky level, cultivation level and historical/current level do you actually have to be?
  • kalpeshk3
    kalpeshk3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    why patcher is so big cant fit in screen?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Yer...

the Orihalcum is super hard to get Im sure I got mine from a pack a while back.

Defo something that needs to be corrected. Kinda well no point in having mats ingame that dont do anything even worse are given out as rewards.

Thanks.
  • bashemall
    bashemall Posts: 12 Arc User
    How big is the new patch? I have been downloading at around 1 mbps for 30 mins but I don't see any progress O.o
    Also, a manual patch for such huge patches would be nice.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    kalpeshk3 wrote: »

They designed it with today's computers in mind, and not yesterday's laptops. If your screen is less than 1600x900 you will likely have an issue. My advise would be to only use the patcher for updating, and then use this tip for running the client to bypass both the Patcher, and Arc.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalpeshk3
    bashemall wrote: »
    How big is the new patch? I have been downloading at around 1 mbps for 30 mins but I don't see any progress O.o

i requested for manual patch but they seems don't care about this.
  • kalpeshk3
    edited April 2017

They designed it with today's computers in mind, and not yesterday's laptops. If your screen is less than 1600x900 you will likely have an issue. My advise would be to only use the patcher for updating, and then use this tip for running the client to bypass both the Patcher, and Arc.​​

whatever your comment is, thanks for that link. and about *Not Yesterday's Laptops*, i want to say LOL. well im sure 50% player play PWI on Laptops they should keep in mind before design ijs.
  • shinobi31
    shinobi31 Posts: 1 Arc User

Yeah, that's my question too. I have used like 500 mb mobile data on 3g network, but I haven't noticed any progress in the first bar. The first bar doesn't fill meanwhile the second bar keeps loading the update. Actually, I interrupted the update process like 2 or 3 times and then chose to continue the update download instead of restarting it. Does interruption affect the download progress? Sadly I have restriction with the net since I use 3g mobile network with limited data. Can anyone help me with this issue?
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Ok, so I've completed the demon culti up until it says go and kill Hellfire Abomination in SOT. After I do that, it says that Fei Kungxing is responsible. It won't tell me where to find him but it does say that if you can't continue the quest, abandon it and pick it up again. So, I did that and killed Hellfire twice. Now it's doing the same thing. I looked up Fei's coordinates but all I found was an NPC that I couldn't interact with. What's going on here?
  • kalpeshk3
    edited April 2017
    koryn7 wrote: »
    Ok, so I've completed the demon culti up until it says go and kill Hellfire Abomination in SOT. After I do that, it says that Fei Kungxing is responsible. It won't tell me where to find him but it does say that if you can't continue the quest, abandon it and pick it up again. So, I did that and killed Hellfire twice. Now it's doing the same thing. I looked up Fei's coordinates but all I found was an NPC that I couldn't interact with. What's going on here?

i can't tell about this xD since my patch still not finished and must be bug or NPC missing should report on link which provide for bug report on top or click here and try relog maybe helps, GL
  • bashemall
    shinobi31 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's my question too. I have used like 500 mb mobile data on 3g network, but I haven't noticed any progress in the first bar. The first bar doesn't fill meanwhile the second bar keeps loading the update. Actually, I interrupted the update process like 2 or 3 times and then chose to continue the update download instead of restarting it. Does interruption affect the download progress? Sadly I have restriction with the net since I use 3g mobile network with limited data. Can anyone help me with this issue?

I'm guessing it's a few GBs large, maybe 2-3, dunno. Been downloading for more than an hour but 1st bar is still blank. Zero progress D:
    I hope it doesn't take a day to update cuz I'll miss my BHs >_>
  • olympias
    olympias Posts: 16 Arc User
    So, I have Satellite with similar data restrictions but I use a software program that shows how much is data downloading and what is downloading it. Microsoft has been up to something big in the background not surprisingly; however, I have been updating PWI for about 3 hours now. It's top bar progress finally started showing something after about 2 hours. It is now about 1/3 full and my software says PWI has downloaded 1gig so far. So I assume it's anywhere from 2.8 or so to 3.5 or so gigs.

Cheers!
  • bashemall
    edited April 2017
    olympias wrote: »
    So, I have Satellite with similar data restrictions but I use a software program that shows how much is data downloading and what is downloading it. Microsoft has been up to something big in the background not surprisingly; however, I have been updating PWI for about 3 hours now. It's top bar progress finally started showing something after about 2 hours. It is now about 1/3 full and my software says PWI has downloaded 1gig so far. So I assume it's anywhere from 2.8 or so to 3.5 or so gigs.

Cheers!

Thanks mate :) 3 gigs should take me around 5-6 hours .-. I guess I'll be missing today's bh afterall D:

Whoever's responsible for patches please make manual patches/torrent-able patches for such heavy updates, so it's easier on us users .-.

The PWI client's download speed is pretty depressing. Adding a "percentage display" of downloaded files would also be nice 'cuz otherwise we have no idea about how much has been downloaded.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    For Glyphs - your first one you can unlock right away in Celestial Vale as a level 1 Character and you can Glyph Town Portal. to unlock two more slots you need Chaotic Soul and to unlock the last 3, you'll need Celestial Saint.

For the New Cultivation - to start Chaotic Soul, you must meet the requirements to access Neverfall and do the questline (which needs at least Mirage Sky I and Rebirth 2). You'll also need to be Celestial Sage or Demon as well. The Chaotic Soul questline will unlock after you finish up to the Chronicles (check your questlog for it if it doesn't prompt you, though it should)

For the patcher fitting issues - The patcher had to be changed due to the initial one they gave us being too vertical. So that one would have had worse fitting issues. This is indeed strange since at the resolutions that we run at, it didn't have these odd display issues. If we have the chance, I might ask to see if we can run some basic resolutions checks.

For installing - I grabbed the patch at around 4:15ish AM this morning and was able to get in game by around 4:35 ish. However I am hardline connected at home and my OS is on an SSD. My experience though is clearly the exception, not the norm. I have seen some people ask about getting actual patch sizes in the future or manual patches. I'm unsure if we can even post manual patches on the forums (and I'd have to ask again why we stopped manual patches), but maybe the patch size might be something easier to acquire and let users know about.
  • bashemall
    edited April 2017
    For installing - I grabbed the patch at around 4:15ish AM this morning and was able to get in game by around 4:35 ish. However I am hardline connected at home and my OS is on an SSD. My experience though is clearly the exception, not the norm. I have seen some people ask about getting actual patch sizes in the future or manual patches. I'm unsure if we can even post manual patches on the forums (and I'd have to ask again why we stopped manual patches), but maybe the patch size might be something easier to acquire and let users know about.

Yus! Patch size would be a good start and then slowwwwwwlllyyy, knowing PWI, we can maybe hope for manual patches lel.

• po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    Kalyst...sweetie...plz squizze the data transfer container a little ..it s slow and i wanna play...

Tks and meow!
  • kalpeshk3
    edited April 2017

however and whatever we know PWI stopped giving manual patch, that is why we asking for it? not make sense to ask if you peoples giving manual patch, so its our request and PWI should think instead of ignore this suggestion tho. And about patch size manual patches are so quick than this stupid patcher thing ijs, because old days PWI use to give manual patch a day ago and we just install after maintenance start so its easy to get us online after maintenance finish, this patcher thing is use less data or something else reason behind this, we don't care, you peoples should give patch both way, let peoples choose which patch is better for them, and one more thing it's not only depend on your OS and SSD btw, if you have 512kbps net speed and tell me if you can install this patch within 1 hour or so? can you give promise? no its cost internet speed also so your suggestion not solve our issues.

• kalpeshk3
    lol they even deleting comments
  • bashemall
    edited April 2017
    Just a fair warning for people with a slow connection, if possible don't close/stop the download it'll mess up the patching.
    I closed it so that I could watch a few videos and when I clicked on "continue" it got stuck there for 10 mins. I had to restart the client 7 times to get it to start downloading again.

This could be an issue only for me but why take unnecessary chances eh? Savvy?

Which comment did they delete? :O
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Just a fair warning for people with a slow connection, if possible don't close/stop the download it'll mess up the patching.
    I closed it so that I could watch a few videos and when I clicked on "continue" it got stuck there for 10 mins. I had to restart the client 7 times to get it to start downloading again.

This could be an issue only for me but why take unnecessary chances eh? Savvy?

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I'm not seeing anything but post usual post edits in the log. Maybe the Spam filter ate it.

EDIT: Yep, you got caught in the spam filter @kalpeshk3

I pulled stuff out. There may be a couple of double-posts as a result since the Spam filter likes to do that for some stupid reason. (It made 7 duplicate posts on me the other day.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    I want to adress the issue for Gold buying in the AH as well, like splendideyes.
    It will be impossible to buy gold with the current setup. 1b coins is not a rare amount of coins.
    Having only 20 people from a whole server buying gold puts the buying side over 5000 buying requests.
    That needs to be reverted !!!
  • kalpeshk3
    edited April 2017

reply on GM's comment that not only OS and SSD matter for this patcher still internet speed is matter and also was telling all stuffs about manual patch why we prefer, it was i type lot can't type all again but shame they deleted.
  • kalpeshk3

however and whatever we know PWI stopped giving manual patch, that is why we asking for it? not make sense to ask if you peoples giving manual patch, so its our request and PWI should think instead of ignore this suggestion tho. And about patch size manual patches are so quick than this stupid patcher thing ijs, because old days PWI use to give manual patch a day ago and we just install after maintenance start so its easy to get us online after maintenance finish, this patcher thing is use less data or something else reason behind this, we don't care, you peoples should give patch both way, let peoples choose which patch is better for them, and one more thing it's not only depend on your OS and SSD btw, if you have 512kbps net speed and tell me if you can install this patch within 1 hour or so? can you give promise? no its cost internet speed also so your suggestion not solve our issues.

now its here i can see
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    now its here i can see
    Yes. SylenThunder retrieved it from the Spam Filter box. onion-54.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I'll look into seeing if that's something we can announce to players (patch size) before launching another expansion/content update!

In the meantime if @sylenthunder or @phantomforce#4598 could move any threads and replies from extra threads into this one so I can see any questions (or move bug reports into the bug report thread) that would be awesome! I have alot of ground to cover today, so I'll come back in a few hours to check again!